Change 6th bonus on Nightmare runes

in PvP

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

Please change the passive fear on this rune, it’s not the 90sec icd or 1 sec fear that needs to be toned down but gone completely, i understand the traits compete with each other, but a rune having passive cc on HIT should not exist, plz change to something like every 20 secs convert an enemy boon into a condition or something like that.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

So you get randomly feared when you have stability? Yep, sounds much better …

in PvP

Glaciate.3901

Doesn’t change the fact that it procs cc on hit, key point. Why would anyone defend a passive thing lol i don’t get that, i prefer more reactive gameplay less laziness. Going by how you wrote it, you would be fine if it proced a 20 fear because we have stun breaks and stab, right? lol

(edited by Glaciate.3901)

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

I’m not defending it, i’m saying, that your suggestion would make it even worse, because it would still be able to proc fear among other kitten.

Btw, the game is full of stupid passive procs, doesn’t really matter if it is from traits or runes.

in PvP

Glaciate.3901

Kinda an idea on what to change it to, not exactly though, ik it’s still bad. It’s the passive fear when you hit somebody with this rune that makes it broken. I’m a power user, i play all classes with some type of burst, and of course stab, condi clear etc., when i position myself to burst someone 100 to 0, this rune procs and saves them lol, it’s kinda like cc’ing a warrior to see if he has traited stab, then cc chain, except this is a rune not a master or gm trait.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

It’s a bad 6 piece(stupidly designed) and we already have a 3 page thread I started where everyone pretty much mutually agreed passive CC procs shouldn’t exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

It’s a bad 6 piece(stupidly designed) and we already have a 3 page thread I started where everyone pretty much mutually agreed passive CC procs shouldn’t exist.

Absolutely.

The game would be much better off if all forms of passive cc and anti cc were removed, including anything from traits or runes.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

1 min 1 sec passive CC !?
OK, Let us talk about ele

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Shock aura needs an actual graphic or removed from the game because it interrupts me “accidentally” much more than rune of nightmares.

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

It does provide counter -play to stealth burst builds, who can potentially global you, if you didn’t have a similar trait.

Maybe an increase on the ICD would be fair?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Pretty lame rune imo.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

To be fair, it’s not.like it happens all that much. I think it’s fine as it is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Lol opening burst getting denied?

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I like passive game play. I love the randomness and shifting playstyle instead of solid numbers and rotations. But maybe that rune should be removed from the spvp, in that part you might be right.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Shock aura needs an actual graphic or removed from the game because it interrupts me “accidentally” much more than rune of nightmares.

Shock aura needs to be deliberately applied meaning it can be poorly used or a well timed interrupt whereas nightmare runes just autoproc and should be removed from the game anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

is this thread serious?
are you Joking?

You talk about nightmare rune. I can only LOL when http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Light unblockable knockback is in the game.

and you come to talk about nightmare rune. Are you serious?

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Heavy light is the worst offender of passive gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Not really…to use it effectively you need to set it up with traps, positioning, and weapon swaps. I hate passive gameplay 100% but Heavy light is actually a (surprisingly) well designed trait. It’s also only unblockable if you can hit with LB#3, which is an artform in and of itself.

+1 to remove #6 from nightmare rune, and do something about shocking aura…

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Not really…to use it effectively you need to set it up with traps, positioning, and weapon swaps. I hate passive gameplay 100% but Heavy light is actually a (surprisingly) well designed trait. It’s also only unblockable if you can hit with LB#3, which is an artform in and of itself.

+1 to remove #6 from nightmare rune, and do something about shocking aura…

I agree… There are tons of passive procs that are way worse. Heavy light gets nullified so much because of passive proc stun breaks, lol…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

after reading the 2 last posts, i can understand the gw2 population is as incapable as the game balance team.

a 10 sec IC passive crowd control trait called: well designed and defended pretending it’s get nullfied so much because of passive stun breaks.

and again you dare to say rune of nightmare is worse…. You have some issue, seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Heavy Light is as good as the opponent lets it be, from my experience, whereas Rune of the Nightmare (especially in teamfight situations), CC’s YOU based on YOUR actions. Heavy Light can be negated by a simple dodge, although the chain CC that it can be used as part of needs a look. You can’t dodge the Nightmare proc because to trigger it you have to be doing an animation by the definition of the proc. As well as this, necro’s have the option to trait their fear to have powerful debuffs attached, which can easily overwhelm condition removal. Yes, this is not currently the meta build, but it’s still an option to have a powerful debuff burst on a passive, unavoidable proc.

However, the biggest reason Rune of the Nightmare is an issue is because most classes cannot afford to pop stability to open, because once it runs out then they’re vulnerable to the massive CC spam that is part of the current game. If PvP CC goes back to being the rare, perfectly timed opening that it was originally meant to be, using stability to allow you to open through RoN is a far more viable option than currently with classes that can literally lock you down with hard CC for over 10 seconds on their own. Yes, most classes have stunbreaks. Most classes even have passive stunbreaks. But they need them to not get CC’d into oblivion (which then happens anyway fairly often because of focused CC that simply overwhelms any number of stunbreaks.)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Put a delay on the proc and add an animation. You trigger it, you see the animation, and you can choose to dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Just remove all passive procs they really have no place especially in a game that’s aspiring to be considered an e-sport. Passives are ok in PvE but getting punished for doing something right that has absolutely no enemy player feedback is a very bad design. With taking all the Passives out they need to tone down all the Aoe CC.

While at it they should also separate the PvE/pvp balance so they can actually achieve balance in each game mode without causing an outcry from the other type of players. But they think that will make the game too hard to understand for their players, which shows us what they think of the player base that we can’t understand if the traits and skills acted differently in pvp/pve

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Bumping this since passive procs are such a bad and unfun idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its such a clown rune.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It doesn’t even have a tell :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>