Change badly required for courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

I can understand you wanna put all maps in the rotation between seasons. Although i’m against it. Some maps are too advantageous for premade teams (think push/pull teams on skyhammer, and any premade coordinating in courtyard). It’s unfair to the pugs who are stuck playing either map against a premade.

But let’s ignore the fact you’re most likely bound to lose and accept it. But courtyard needs a drastic change. In skyhammer if you’re bound to lose getting points is still possible by sneak capping a point. But in courtyard there’s kill or rez for getting points. However in the zerg like hell mindset the map creates, the games generally end 500-0 for the premade.

Why am i complaining? If you’re on the losing side against a premade, you’re pretty much guaranteed to end with 5 players having 0 points, and thus get NO reward at all because the server would see them kitten afkers, and that’s plainly wrong. You just had 5 peeps waste 7-15 min for nothing only to please a premade.

So make it so for team deathmatch maps that 0 pointers also get the loss rewards (500 rank pts & reward track advance).

Another issue with courtyard, it’s impossible to wait at start point for all players to respawn in case a wipe is imminent, after a certain time you’re teleported back into the fight area (and generally where you’re being camped). This teleport should only be activated if ALL 5 players are standing in the start point for over 30 seconds. Give the losing team a chance to regroup and attempt to attack the winning side from another exit. Right now the losing team is forced to snowball due to the teleport system.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This is not an issue as the player continue to vote to play courtyard, the playerbase obviously likes the map.

in PvP

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

Except for when an entire premade votes for it because they know they can win it more easily than a point defense based map, or people trolling.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in PvP

Grump.7069

This is not an issue as the player continue to vote to play courtyard, the playerbase obviously likes the map.

Like i said earlier. The only ones picking courtyard are either people new to pvp who think deadmatch is more interesting than conquest (very rare) and premade teams who know the fact they will be assisting eachother will give them such a massive advantage they’ll most likely win 500-0 (a lot more common).

Explain why else courtyard always gets selected 3 to 5 times or completely not when it shows, because that’s the teamsize required to get the advantage to make it possible with your fingers up your nose.

Also might i add, i’m not complaining about the courtyard being in the rotation, my complaint is that pugs getting set against premades will waste 7-15 minutes for ZERO rank points and ZERO progress in the reward track, because it’s plain impossible to get points against an organized team in that map.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

First of all…..If you do your research these maps are ONLY here until the 16th. Devs have said it countless times on the multiple threads on the same kitten subject….we are in a buffer mode right now where nothing is implemented in the new system. If you can’t hang in there for 2 weeks, you are very impatient.

Secondly. The whole point of the voting system is for each player to their own, to have a chance at the map they like. If players like to Win, of course they are going to select the map they think they can win on the best. If players don’t care if they win or loose, then they will select the map they think looks the prettiest..That’s the whole point of the voting system. What you are saying is you chose a map that the entire other team didn’t want to play. Maybe they should create a thread about the couple of people on the other team keep voting for stupid maps that they don’t like…..Sound familiar?

The maps will go back to normal when the matches actually start counting again…Winning or loosing right now is doing nothing for you anyway. If you can’t handle a 2 week curve ball during the transition then leave and come back in 2 weeks.

All in all you are probably right…The enemy team shouldn’t be allowed to vote for the map they want to win on. The game should recognize you as a God and only allow your team to vote for the map that you want to win on. That way you don’t have to come on the forums and complain that the Price is Right wheel picked their map instead….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Like i said earlier. The only ones picking courtyard are either people new to pvp who think deadmatch is more interesting than conquest (very rare) and premade teams who know the fact they will be assisting eachother will give them such a massive advantage they’ll most likely win 500-0 (a lot more common).

Prove it. I enjoy it. With or with out pre-made teams. You are lying to claim to know whay anyone does or doesn’t like something. This is the exact claim posters make that bring such a high level of toxicity to the forums in my opinion.

Explain why else courtyard always gets selected 3 to 5 times or completely not when it shows, because that’s the teamsize required to get the advantage to make it possible with your fingers up your nose.

No one owes you anything, much less an explanation as to why they enjoy it or find it fun, or why they chose it at all. Particularly after you just claimed you know what everyone is thinking , and presume to speak for the community.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Pretty sure it’s 3-5 man premades that mainly vote for Courtyard.

Want a quick and immediate way to verify? Give each party one vote regardless of party size, and I suspect the proportion of votes for courtyard goes way down.

Another easy way if premades are going to QQ about the above: let players vote to veto a map instead, remove the top map (remove nothing if tie) and RNG the rest.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Grump.7069

Hilarious how people defend how this map should not be taken out of rotation… If people actually learned to read. My suggestion is NOT to remove it, my suggestions are to ensure it’s not wasted time for the losing side if they get screwed over and face a premade and thus end 0-500! I could care less if the map appears, i just dislike the fact you get no rewards at all because you couldn’t kill 1 enemy in a 5v5 zergfest that ends in a snowball effect after the first wipe against premade teams.

Also, i know this map is only in rotation until 16/12, in my original post i mentioned “between seasons”. Before you start to level my opinion to the ground, actually read what i was suggesting. For the lazy peeps who didn’t, i’ll attempt to shorten my suggestions:

1) If players end with 0 personal score, they still get the standard loss rewards. (because against organized teams even active players will most likely get 0 score)

2) Allow the side getting the most casualties to stand in their start area until the whole team is back there, so they can regroup and attack the winning side from another exit with a group of 5, instead of being forced to snowball an outnumbering force.

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

So what you say is “premades vote for Courtyard, because they’re premades”. Or “because they can win easily”. Easy win is boring (and nonsense as it’s unranked). Mindless tdm (that you think Courtyard is) isn’t interesting. Why do people vote for it, then?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

how do you know its often premades voting for it? you dont have access to that info.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Haderac.7460

Haderac.7460

Courtyard is not fun for me. I enjoy conquest, the tactics involved and would like to keep it purely conquest. courtyard should be returned to custom arenas where the niche gameplay modes thrive, like 1v1 duel arenas etc. or given its own Que for players who prefer TDM. I think everyone would be happy.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

OMG don’t you see?

All of the things you learned for conquest they weren’t skill , real guild wars isn’t about strategy or skilled play, its about farming the other team at the spawn point in a map that’s basically not even good enough for alpha.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?