Change the Daily class win

in PvP

Posted by: Kuzuryu.7359

Kuzuryu.7359

I found this daily achievement often mess up comps in ranked games by spiking class picking into that 4 classes.

Another thing is I often find confined into picking class I don’t play often or not good at because of this achievement.

I propose replacing them with simple daily wins (2 wins to get the achievement).

Not everyone has all 9 classes and equally good at all of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Well that is kinda the point of the daily. Also, you don’t need to play in ranked to get the daily, so it doesn’t matter if you are bad with that class.

The best fix for class dailies would be to simply make it to where you can’t get your dailies done in ranked queue.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

They should give you a buff for using classes that you’ve played least of. Extra reward points or something

in PvP

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Yea, and a bag of gold

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

shrugs or they could add another daily profession achievement. I like the concept of exploring other classes I usually wouldn’t try; but I agree that it gets a bit monotonous when you’re teamed with 3 Thieves on Thief day.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well that is kinda the point of the daily. Also, you don’t need to play in ranked to get the daily, so it doesn’t matter if you are bad with that class.

The best fix for class dailies would be to simply make it to where you can’t get your dailies done in ranked queue.

You don’t have to, but a lot of people do anyway.

It doesn’t make matches better, and it certainly makes some matches worse as you have players on 1 or both teams playing classes they are not good at, just to get that daily.

They need to be replaced by just a flat Win 2 games daily

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

It does somewhat encourage the issue of class stacking, especially during non peak hours.

I would rather see it change to win 2 games daily as well.

There are enough achievements to encourage people to try new professions.

Ranked is not the place where I want someone choosing a profession they aren’t optimal with because they want to get their dailies.

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

What a great change this would be….and an easy one at that. And while they’re at it….remove the legendary backpack requirement to multi-class.

in PvP

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

What if we just made it into:

Win one game with a heavy armor class (Warrior, Revenant, Guardian).
Win one game with a medium armor class (Ranger, Engineer, Thief).
Win one game with a light armor class (Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer).

Two of these three options would be available each day. It’s easy to balance and encourages similar requirements as the old dailies, while allowing far more flexibility and (possibly) less class stacking.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What if we just made it into:

Win one game with a heavy armor class (Warrior, Revenant, Guardian).
Win one game with a medium armor class (Ranger, Engineer, Thief).
Win one game with a light armor class (Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer).

Two of these three options would be available each day. It’s easy to balance and encourages similar requirements as the old dailies, while allowing far more flexibility and (possibly) less class stacking.

The point is to remove class specific dailies, I don’t see how this would accomplish that.

A fair amount of people in this game only play 1 class regularly, so 1/3 of the time their class still won’t be on that list, and they will switch to a class they are not as good at for the daily.

This wouldn’t solve the problem, just put a bandaid over it.

in PvP

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Class dailies bring nothing good to the game. It was a waste of coding, propagates bad matchups and fix is as easy as replacing it with just a win with any class.