Changes to Amulets for Season 2

in PvP

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

Hmmm, this seems a bit odd as both crusader and vigilant are pretty uncommon and not that powerful, though I have had some success with a crusader rifle scrapper.

That said, amulets with too much toughness and no vitality are very niche – they are usually bad for ele, necro, guardian and thief. These amulets are even harder to use due to the other stat choices – condi duration but no condi damage, ferocity but no precision.

If the intent is to move towards more widely applicable ones over time, that’s a good change and the recently added amulets did that quite well. (Though you could simply remove barbarian, knight and possibly carrion now due to them being outclassed)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hmmm, this seems a bit odd as both crusader and vigilant are pretty uncommon and not that powerful, though I have had some success with a crusader rifle scrapper.

That said, amulets with too much toughness and no vitality are very niche – they are usually bad for ele, necro, guardian and thief. These amulets are even harder to use due to the other stat choices – condi duration but no condi damage, ferocity but no precision.

If the intent is to move towards more widely applicable ones over time, that’s a good change and the recently added amulets did that quite well. (Though you could simply remove barbarian, knight and possibly carrion now due to them being outclassed)

carrion might be outclassed by mercenary but knight could be still useful.
as for barbarian, low health professions may wanna try that some time.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’ll say it again – remove all amulets, balance the game from that point.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

To ppl saying amulets werent a problem only traits and skills: no they are all problems. Removing tanky amulets is a good start. Pls add more stat combos coz there is still not much to choose from

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Also eles, thieves should get a hp increase to medium hp pool. That way they could choose an amulet without vitality. If thief gets op nerf staff and dagger

in PvP

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Cheap solutions. Why not balance the skills themselves?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Oh No! Amulets that might help a Mesmer survive! Hotfix remove! Do I sound a little bitter?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s disappointing to see these “adjustments” while professions and roles need to be overhauled instead.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Hm. I think we should also adjust certain class block duration as well. Or add more skills that can break through a lazy block. Blocking accomplishes the same thing as high toughness/vitality.

I don’t mind a 1-2s block, but some classes have enough time to sit down and start roasting marshmallows on a campfire while blocking.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

carrion might be outclassed by mercenary but knight could be still useful.
as for barbarian, low health professions may wanna try that some time.

Sure, but that’s kinda what I mean – you need a specific class and some other thing happening (need vitality to resist conditions, or toughness to amplify a bunch of healing) for those amulets to ever work, which in a vast majority of cases doesn’t happen. When it does, those builds will lose very little by switching to paladin anyway.

Though yes, there are rare cases where those amulets are better.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m fun with this in general, but not when it’s so low priority compared to every relevant issue :/

This will have some effect sure. But problem builds and skills are still a problem, and food or cannon fodder is still fodder, with no real diversity.

Hope this isn’t all we get for the tweaks, as the tweaks should focus on fixing underwhelming builds.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

So, they decided not to go with it?

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

It seems like my change didn’t make it with this build so it will be going out soon in a hotfix. Also Crusader will be removed at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So….no defense primaries.

Glass blast it is. How…not fun. (Not that toughness does a kitten thing against Condi Spam, but that’s beside the point.)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

I like the balance changes in the patch. If you wanted me to switch to revenant or reaper you could just openly admit it

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

can you also remove the marauder amulet? i honestly feel like pvp would be so much better and joyous to watch if every dps spec had to use a berserker/assassin/viper amulet :^)

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It seems like my change didn’t make it with this build so it will be going out soon in a hotfix. Also Crusader will be removed at the same time.

What change?

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

What change?

The removal of vigilant and crusader amulets from pvp. I hope we’ll get replacment, limiting the amulet optios is limiting build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Well, guess this is a start. Let’s hope they hurry up and remove all amulets and runes so they actually have to start balancing and fixing classes and specializations and traitsfor all game modes.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

yeah, not too happy with this…..guess I’ll use uh…berserker now? Moar vitality!

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So what are classes without much inherent sustain supposed to do when you have classes with a lot of sustain combined with dps? You are over compensating and limiting build diversity in another direction.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

So what are classes without much inherent sustain supposed to do when you have classes with a lot of sustain combined with dps? You are over compensating and limiting build diversity in another direction.

Play rev, necro, or scrapper……….or die.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!