Changes to make this system GOOD

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

1) If there is one thing that makes long queues worse it’s spending them doing nothing, please, and I mean PLEASE let us join custom servers, hot-joins, wander aimlessly, and not JUST stand there.

2) Seriously address suggestion 1

3) Put a check-mark OR SOMETHING next to the names of people in your party as they accept the queue so you can kitten at them if they don’t.

4)honestly, you MUST fix number 1 suggestion

5) As for queue times, our team, Radioactive, has decided that 5m is the max we feel is acceptable; however, queue times would feel smaller if we could hot-join, duel in customer servers etc. in the meantime.

Also, as a side note, considering we have had only 1 good match-up since the patch has gone through, we would LOVE to scrim any team that asks, so, please ask.

Attachments:

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: moko.5190

moko.5190

I agree completely, with ALL of these suggestions. Yes bringing the community together seems like a great idea, but I am honestly getting burnt out, waiting for these ques to actually pop and cant practice, test stuff in a server.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Annoying problem created by everyone being in hotm, whenever we come out of a queue, WE ARE ALL IN DIFFERENT INSTANCES, and it drops queue if we try and join each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

I AGREE……………

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

kitten yeah !

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

Yes!
Please for the love of god do not make me afk doing nothing for 10 min at a time, this is ridiculous.

Let me duel or hotjoin or SOMETHING.

Some times i literally WAIT LONGER THAN I PLAY

LET ME DO SOMETHING PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD LISTEN TO THE OP
+111111111111111111111111111111111

side note: i commented on this post during a 15 min que so far, and stil going, where i can do absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edited by Cynda Quil.3520)

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

This saturday and sunday evening the average queue time was 30s.
But if they change the matchmaking wich makes the queue longer i agree there should be stuff to do while queueing

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, i can confirm this.

the more experienced and skilled players have much longer queue times that end up in blow out matches, in frustration for waiting so long, they brutally steam rolled the other team which is not up to their standard.

the very casual players like myself have a very short queue time, fastest is within a minute, longest around 1 – 2 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Zerothousand.3089

Zerothousand.3089

+1

I don’t want to have to stand 5+ min doing nothing while i wait for q pop. All that wasted time i could be dueling.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

protip: one you kill the ranked timer (10-30mins) go into unranked and kill their timer too, if the system continues this way

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Yes open hot join while waiting.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

I’m starting to think that, at least for ranked queue, they should set the matchmaking system similar to what it was pre-patch, I have had 1 match that was actually close out of however many days the patch has been out multiplied by 12 matches a day.

In the past I would get around half of my games solid match-ups with good fights, but now it is worthless, came to the Go4 Cup completely unprepared, can’t test comps, people or ideas when you fight solo queues and newbies ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ I think top teams are split up too atm. I’ve seen some queue unranked, some ranked.

Maybe the ladder activation will help pull those from unranked to ranked.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’m starting to think that, at least for ranked queue, they should set the matchmaking system similar to what it was pre-patch, I have had 1 match that was actually close out of however many days the patch has been out multiplied by 12 matches a day.

In the past I would get around half of my games solid match-ups with good fights, but now it is worthless, came to the Go4 Cup completely unprepared, can’t test comps, people or ideas when you fight solo queues and newbies ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

What you want to say is, bring soloq back so teams (2+3, 1+4, 2+2+1, 1+1+3, 1+1+2+1, 1+2+2 and the other permutations) don’t have to face mishandled matches. I’ve said this on ts before with a direct quote: “At least people that went duo/trio/quad queue expected to face premades” the only logical answer the devs have given to remove soloq entirely has been “leaderboards didn’t mean anything”. You literally made a better system to help the hardest soloq problem (4v5) then you implement a profession system which is hit or miss, but works when it needs too, which would’ve helped soloq even more!

If upper management had to force feed the pvp team to merge soloq/teamq you guys have a muzzle over your mouth to reply to this.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

The one and only thing I have appreciated so far with this patch has been the ability to have some control over the map that is chosen, other than that, please put some of it back to what it was previously.

in PvP

Posted by: slausty.1238

slausty.1238

I very much agree. I kinda understand how we have to be in the mist because of world loading screens can be very long for some, but since when are pvp map loading screens long enough to break the required time limit for a game? I don’t believe it personally. I miss duels inbetween games.

Further, I have had a total of 2 good games since the patch. You can only beat what’s in front of you, and all of us can agree we won’t improve/evolve without competition.

[SF] [zH] Ubnext

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

The one and only thing I have appreciated so far with this patch has been the ability to have some control over the map that is chosen, other than that, please put some of it back to what it was previously.

I agree completely. Along with the check marks next to party members I think it would be cool to see #’s on Map choices before choosing a map if some players have already voted.

Also I am waiting on a couple of guys to finish putting a team together. I am not sure if this would take a week…or 2? We would be happy to scrim your team at that point. I can let you know in game when we get settled in (if still interested at that point). We would mostly be “fresh” as a team and the synergy wouldn’t quit be up to par yet; but would probably still be a hell of a lot better than what you are facing now haha.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Anytime, just pm me in game.

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Agree with OP. In NA prime time this doesn’t seem to be an issue. Acandis posting a 40+ minute queue timer should be all the evidence necessary to fix this.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

What I don’t understand is that I actually had better matchups before patch and never waited in a 40 min wait queue, granted I do believe that was a problem with the min potentials in the algorithm being set too low.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

If anyone wants to converse about suggestions that DEVS SHOULD READ, I hardly ever leave my computer, so I’d be happy to respond.