Changes to the New to PvP Sticky

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

What changes should be made to the sticky to help new players joining PvP for the first time so that they don’t have inaccurate information?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Thanks for the reminder, Thiefz. I’ll add updating that guide to my to-do list. In the mean time I’m open to suggestions for things to elaborate on/update.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Whew, some of that stuff was pretty outdated. I pulled out most of the old content as a start.

Like I said before, if anyone reading this has an idea of some helpful information for our newer players, let me know and I’ll add it in.

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

I would add Storms Youtube channel along with Jebro’s. even though it’s a tournament cast, people can learn a lot about the game by watching these tournaments

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5JOguoa_CsP7k-58VAKcA/

Also, I would mark what maps are available in Ranked and Unranked.
For the Conquest strat, I would add “And when you die, because you will, try to die on point to keep it contested.”

I would add www.gw2skills.net as a builder to help people customize their build either in or out of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Whew, some of that stuff was pretty outdated.

Just like our matchmaking system!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Whew, some of that stuff was pretty outdated.

Just like our matchmaking system!

Just like our PvP in general! #newhotm #qoutsideofhotm #soloq etc….

<3

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

@Grouch:

So… one thing that would be nice on the Introduction (aside from changing Team Arena to Ranked Arena + explaining only 4 maps will be there) is to explain how they can access Hot Joins now that the “Practice” Button has been deleted. It can be something a new player doesn’t know about.

Also, maybe it would be helpful to link Academy Gaming website. They usually provide good articles on various topics of sPvP, it can be helpful both for new players and some vets too.

Edit: I forgot, Denshee (SUPERCHEY on Twitch) streams more often now (or at least I see him usually on the Twitch list), it’d be nice to add him on the Streamers section.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

qqmore.net has invaluable information for stomping and other nuances of pvp. adding a link could be very helpful for new players.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

NECROOOOOOOO

So with leagues coming in plus ESL updates, maybe you want to update your stickies?