Changing The Ascension's Requirements

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I understand the 1k fee to make the Legendary, most pve Legendaries are the same so sure why not. But having the need to swap end game to get a win on another class is just a huge annoyance. Not everyone multiclass in GW2.

Some prerequisites for continuing on the Ascension path should be nulled if other requirements were met. For example (and these are just examples):

• Maintain a 60% win rate for two tiers in a given Division.
  • Reach a 15 win streak.
  • Reach Legendary with 250 games played or less. (the average for solo players)

Items that can reward players stuck in a Division if certain requirements are met.

• Reach a Tier with less than X number of games played.
  • Reach a Division with less than X number of games played.
  • Play at least 450 games in a season. (the dedicated should be rewarded)
  • Play at least 800 games in at least 2 seasons.
  • Split the above games into rewards i.e 50 games won automatically earns Amber rewards, 100 wins earns Ruby rewards, etc.

Overall, I feel The Ascension should have more intricate requirements while also increasing rewards for dedicated and casual players alike. If Anet are going to make Legendary division more difficult to obtain then these type of rewards are a must for players who feel that they can never earn the ultimate “end-game” title or backpiece.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Some prerequisites for continuing on the Ascension path should be nulled if other requirements were met. For example (and these are just examples):

• Reach a 15 win streak.

I don’t see why people want to additionally gate legendary backpack. it’s totally pve reward and it’s main purpose is to keep ranked populated. The effect of requirements will be 1-2h queues in all league. Second: hard-core players don’t care about pve rewards so for them it’s no point gating either.

Rest seems ok.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I don’t understand the 1k fee to make a pvp prestige related lengendary. I really don’t. When your most limiting factor for a pvp backpiece is a pve requirement then you’ve lost me. Also the argument that PvE does it goes not up, should the pvp legendary be buyable on the trading post?

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I understand the 1k fee to make the Legendary, most pve Legendaries are the same so sure why not. But having the need to swap end game to get a win on another class is just a huge annoyance. Not everyone multiclass in GW2.

• Reach a 15 win streak.

Items that can reward players stuck in a Division if certain requirements are met.

• Split the above games into rewards i.e 50 games won automatically earns Amber rewards, 100 wins earns Ruby rewards, etc.

Overall, I feel The Ascension should have more intricate requirements while also increasing rewards for dedicated and casual players alike. If Anet are going to make Legendary division more difficult to obtain then these type of rewards are a must for players who feel that they can never earn the ultimate “end-game” title or backpiece.

The game comes with 4(?) character slots. How can you not multi class? If your team needs someone to change a good player will always have options, and always play more than one class. it’s not like the wins are hard to get. The hardest one to get for a truly casual player would be the division crossing. I didn’t play much season one because the match making was horrible. So I was lucky that I got that achievement in T4 of the season achievements. If any should never have been there it should have been that one. I feel the only reason that achievement is there at all, is to keep people playing.

Once I finished mine after the second or third week of the league, I went back to unranked. No point in the league other than the back item, it’s not like your reward track fills any faster, and Unranked games seem to be more friendly, and not so rage happy while the league is on.

I don’t understand the 1k fee to make a pvp prestige related lengendary. I really don’t. When your most limiting factor for a pvp backpiece is a pve requirement then you’ve lost me. Also the argument that PvE does it goes not up, should the pvp legendary be buyable on the trading post?

Wait what?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

Also the argument that PvE does it goes not up, should the pvp legendary be buyable on the trading post?

The fact that rocks are thrown on mountains does it goes not up, should the river come across the ledge of sanity for free ?

Jokes aside, you’ll gain a little ammount of money from pvp alone that may get you to your leggy back someday, so no need to pve if you don’t want.
I got my ascension back during 2nd season so i’m fine with how things are i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i can already hear all the people who will say but ANET said we can all have the wing huhuhu MMR HELL, Stacked Teams, Legends got carried to the top, Alt accounts farming us huhu. this will just make pvp forums full of bad players complaining.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

• Reach a 15 win streak.

The game comes with 4(?) character slots. How can you not multi class?

Ask that to Booms and a couple other players who participated in the WTS. This is not some Moba game where there’s 5 skills to mesmorize and the mechanics are simple. It’s one of the reasons why mmorpg’s pvp is crucial to balance compared to other games.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Also the argument that PvE does it goes not up, should the pvp legendary be buyable on the trading post?

Jokes aside, you’ll gain a little ammount of money from pvp alone that may get you to your leggy back someday, so no need to pve if you don’t want.
I got my ascension back during 2nd season so i’m fine with how things are i guess.

Sure the money from pvp will get me to my gift of fortune in 8 seasons. Right now people say 250 matches is the average to legendary. So if you reach legendary in that amount of matches you will get less then 115.15 gold from matches and league rewards. So yeah not really that feasible with pvp only.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I don’t agree with the PvE-pricetag tacked onto the Ascension as it’s the only PvP legendary item in the game thus far, but I wouldn’t change any of the achievements.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I don’t agree with the PvE-pricetag tacked onto the Ascension as it’s the only PvP legendary item in the game thus far, but I wouldn’t change any of the achievements.

The additional items were kinda meant to coinside with the already existing achievements. If anything, players would either reach these achievements quicker or easier because players have more options. Anet could simply add additional achievements/rewards if they don’t like the concept.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

1k gold is still 1k less than the PvE backpack. So Anet was generous

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).