Cheers Nightmare!

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

I hope you recorded in your dev book that a four-man Abjured team, plus you, blowing out a team of five solos is not very good matchmaking. (Granted, our team comp was not stellar.) We did manage to score 19 points though! Good job us.

Some day I’ll have my revenge, you’ll see.

Attachments:

~bird princess~

(edited by BIRDPUNCHER.8263)

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

(not salty I swear I just thought it was funny)

~bird princess~

(edited by BIRDPUNCHER.8263)

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Adhesive Gamin.2854

Adhesive Gamin.2854

Your team should have swapped in Celestial amulets before the match began. That alone would have given you the edge.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarok.4506

Ragnarok.4506

I had a match with him too and the same [RIP] guild. all of us where solo. in the end he said “gg” lol.
Fix matchmaking please.

Dhuum!! WvW/PvP ~ Jade Quarry ~ [Kazo]
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals.
Ban the bots

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

it’s good to see a dev play with good players no matter how you cut it.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

lucky, i havent been able to fight these guys since they got rid of solo que

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

funny, I’ve fought them about 10 times the last few days while solo queueing

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

hahahaha well i guess that means im not at your level but i actually wouldnt mind the challenge. I rather lose badly with a bunch of good players then win a match where everyone ran around mindlessly.

The horror stories of playing some of these matches.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

lol the priveleges of being a dev. they should their own team instead of hugging with the top players in game.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

hahahaha well i guess that means im not at your level but i actually wouldnt mind the challenge. I rather lose badly with a bunch of good players then win a match where everyone ran around mindlessly.

The horror stories of playing some of these matches.

The challenge isn’t bad when you’re queuing with 5 but it’s not very enjoyable when you run in solo.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Played them multiple times tonight, when I was duoing, can’t really say I enjoyed it.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

This thread need Justin and his metrics.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

whats hugh work on anyways? is he a mapmaker? i know he had a hand in eotm, but not what he did. hes not really a codemonkey like branden/justin/leshprince?

kinda doubt youll find him solo queuing…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

whats hugh work on anyways? is he a mapmaker? i know he had a hand in eotm, but not what he did. hes not really a codemonkey like branden/justin/leshprince?

He’s a designer (a broad term) so no coding. And btw, codemonkey might be considered a derogatory term.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

He’s a designer (a broad term) so no coding. And btw, codemonkey might be considered a derogatory term.

i dont mean it as such, they are gods

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

matchmaking is now at the best it has ever been, I don’t even miss soloq

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

…can’t tell if serious?

Baer

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

…can’t tell if serious?

Well there are certainly a lot more people in the queue than there was in soloq, so yes I’ve also noticed a better match making overall.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s like deja vu, same thing happened tonight. I also got the added bonus of playing the Dankening…

All while soloqing.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

…can’t tell if serious?

Because I know who said it. He is trolling :P Behave SPOOK!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Why is it good exactly? I doubt they are actually learning anything by doing this.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Why is it good exactly? I doubt they are actually learning anything by doing this.

I’ve played with Hugh for probably 40 hours in the last two weeks, I can say with confidence that he has improved.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

I am glad that an official soloq system is gone, one that ensured i would only face other players who also were q’n solo. Now, I only feel alive when I get the rush of testing my skills against a full premade with no one to watch my back

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Imagine now.
They get shrekt and nerf those builds that turned them into rag dolls.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

I was watching Zoose’s stream the other day. He was playing with Hugh. Zoose got downed on mid and Hugh used his magical dev powers to stealth them both (on warrior) and rez him.

Hugh’s improved so much he’s mastered thief skills on warrior.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Some day I’ll have my revenge, you’ll see.

It’ll be a long time until you get your revenge.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

I’ve played with Hugh for probably 40 hours in the last two weeks, I can say with confidence that he has improved.

I’m not talking about how they improve as players, I am talking about what they can learn that will help them to improve the game.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

I’m not talking about how they improve as players, I am talking about what they can learn that will help them to improve the game.

do you think he magically doesnt fight turret engis (for example) by queuing with good people?

what cant he learn?

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I think he would learn a lot more by solo queuing and seeing from the point of view of the people complaining, rather than the people who seem okay with the whole system (AKA the premades that are farming all the solo queuers.)

Feel free to disagree though, that’s just my opinion.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Well it’s funny you say that

Often times we experienced the frustration of people booting us from queue simply by sending party join requests, even if they went unaccepted. A short amount of time later, Hugh very excitedly told us that dialogue happened with Evan Lesh and that would no longer happen. :P

So pretty much the literal definition of what you’re sceptical of ever happening. Learning from firsthand experience, which got translated into a small but instant hotfix. Obviously bigger fixes/improvements will take time.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

A short amount of time later, Hugh very excitedly told us that dialogue happened with Evan Lesh and that would no longer happen. :P

This is what I would hope would happen at any rate, more systems analysis from a player’s perspective was lacking beforehand, hopefully now we can see these relays more often in the future.

Although this wasn’t intentional, it happened simply because the group was fortunate enough to encounter the annoyances, if you hadn’t though, who knows when the talks would have happened.

what you’re skeptical of ever happening.

interesting that you would put words in my mouth….when was this a thing? your assumptions are an issue. “Ever” was a poor word to use there, speaking in absolutes is nonsensical. Removing “Ever” would fit what my actual skepticism is, since it all revolves around time.

2 years + 186 days later here we are.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Chaith.8256

interesting that you would put words in my mouth….when was this a thing? your assumptions are an issue. “Ever” was a poor word to use there, speaking in absolutes is nonsensical. Removing “Ever” would fit what my actual skepticism is, since it all revolves around time.

2 years + 186 days later here we are.

So you literally said you doubt they will actually learn anything by queuing with players. This is completely an absolute, you didn’t exactly put a time constraint on them learning things.

No words were placed in your mouth.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Lol, I have seen some improvement in him in the past week as well. I see you guys a lot lately (almost every night). Still not sure why you have been bombarding unranked with your team but hey, whatever floats your boat. I seem to only get you guys when I am solo though, kind of weird but true non the less. I hope Hugh gets mid air imob bug and notices how broken that is too; or maybe the entangle that keeps you imob’ed even after it goes away (with no roots or imob condi) and you still can’t move. I am sure you know what I am talking about lol. Definitly seems to be a lot of imob bugs out there that have been plaguing us for a while now.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Lol, I have seen some improvement in him in the past week as well. I see you guys a lot lately (almost every night). Still not sure why you have been bombarding unranked with your team but hey, whatever floats your boat. I seem to only get you guys when I am solo though, kind of weird but true non the less. I hope Hugh gets mid air imob bug and notices how broken that is too; or maybe the entangle that keeps you imob’ed even after it goes away (with no roots or imob condi) and you still can’t move. I am sure you know what I am talking about lol. Definitly seems to be a lot of imob bugs out there that have been plaguing us for a while now.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been stream sniping me recently. Maybe I’m paranoid, but they seem to do unranked queues when I’m not around and ranked when I decide to queue up.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Haha, they probably are OE. They are in unranked most of the night so that may be the case. Or maybe after they get 200 pm’s about people asking them to go to ranked they switch. At least 1 person on my team seems to always say something in M chat about that before the match starts. Some matches go good (over 400), some not so much lol. Depends on whether or not I can hype my team up to actually try. Some give up before it starts Shoot me an invite, we can conquer them together OE!

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

What’s wrong with us playing with Hugh? He is only grouches assistant/secretary. And the only thing we get in return is exclusive beta access to stronghold.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

no kitten you do backpack.

For the record any mention of that is under NDA.

Not like I’m in it though

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Wow Ostricheggs, first rule about beta testing is you do NOT talk about beta testing.

I’m going to report you and they’ll for sure take away your lucrative beta tester allowance, and health plan.

Equips tinfoil hat

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

To the OP, all I can say is that they have to play someone, and if they wait in queue long enough matches against lower ranked individuals are inevitable. The best thing to do in situations like this is to try your best and do and learn what you can.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Why is your build cut out? ARE YOU A TURRETZ ENGI?!

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

LOL… Couple of things..

A. Hugh isn’t grouches assistant lol, he is the main PvP designer and creator of stronghold

B. There is no beta…. I knew you would bite because ur paranoid

C. I’m 17, I can’t legally sign a NDA …..

D. WoW just WoW, Your one salty gentleman

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I got matched against their 3-man queue once while soloing. It was sad.
It ended like 500-450 for them if I’m not mistaken. It was sad because we got kinda bad pugs on both sides.
Also nightmare had this weird greatsword roleplay build.

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

LOL… Couple of things..

A. Hugh isn’t grouches assistant lol, he is the main PvP designer and creator of stronghold

You are one sexy stud. You must be a real chick magnet with that face. /sarcasm. No, 4reals. This is an accurate portrayal of your face.
(-__-)

Attachments:

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

LOL… Couple of things..

Do you really think there isn’t an alpha for stronghold and there aren’t people with access to it? Because you seem to be under that impression. I never assumed that YOU were in it, of course.

You can also have access to an alpha and sign an NDA while being under 18.

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

Cheers Nightmare!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I love queuing with Five Gauge, Nightmare, Grouch, and Rupee (or some other slight difference) on my Turret engineer. The battle always goes from “Great, a premade Abjurd and Devs, l2ranked kitten ” to “omfg carried by Turrets…” XD

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)