Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

This is a much more suited name for this game

Power Warrior:
double ignore pain every min – immune to damage for 5 sec x 2
3 sec block every 20 sec
Rampage (unkillable faceroller that touch you once, you ded)

Power Engi:
double elixir S every min – immune to everything for 3 sec x 2
3 sec block every 16 sec
5 sec stealth every 50 sec
AOE spam
Rampage 1/2 the time

Power Mesmer:
kittenload of stealth even post nerf
Blink, 30sec cooldown
3 sec rooted invulnerability every 12 sec with sword
1-3 sec invulnerability every 50 sec
Ok portals are fun

Starting to see a pattern here…
block block block
blind blind blind
invuln invuln invuln
baa baa baa
meh meh meh

Anyone knows where is the action based mmo?

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The trick is to keep breathing.

The action is exactly the fact that (aside from the traited auto procs) they have to press buttons to block, blind and be invulnerable.

You on the other hand have to watch and press the high damage attack skills at the right time.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Warriors Recognize Rampage beyond the first 6k crit attack that pops up in your screen. If it takes big numbers to realize a Rampage warrior is…. Rampaging… you have bigger issues.

Engis are strong since the last buff they received (practically impossible to condi burst them, I tell ya!) but a competent team can still take them down in a skirmish fight. Strong yes, but they’re no Ele who has sustains, tanks, and mobility, all rolled up in one.

Mesmers are still only strong in 1v1, and when they come to +1 burst a target on point. That’s not to say their win button (stealthing for days and bursting right out of stealth) doesn’t need added counter play. It’s a bit lame. They’re still not all that great on node skirmish fights unless that node is Mid’s Foefire.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Power builds are a problem

Condition builds are a problem

Lets just have pillow fights

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Pillow Wars 2!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Pillow Wars 2!

Sexier lingerie ….errrr I mean armor…. is required.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

ROfLOL……this thread is a joke!

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

Nah this game is a joke

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Nah this game is a joke

so stop playing. maybe you’re just bad at pvp and should admit that.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Engis are strong since the last buff they received (practically impossible to condi burst them, I tell ya!)

It’s like you don’t even play the same game as the rest of us.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

Nah this game is a joke

Depends what you mean by bad.
I like theorycrafting, I don’t give a kitten about the meta.
Fact is the meta is not skilled not because it’s op, because it’s stupid.
But you probably missed the point of this thread anyway.

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

It takes skill to face a high damage opponent and spike him at the right time to cripple his defenses.

The builds are strong, but not invincible.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Nah this game is a joke

Depends what you mean by bad.
I like theorycrafting, I don’t give a kitten about the meta.
Fact is the meta is not skilled not because it’s op, because it’s stupid.
But you probably missed the point of this thread anyway.

Was there a point? You didn’t say anything constructive in the meta except for QQ warriors have invuln, QQ people use block…

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you complain about the name of that game is simply see that the name is completly wrong for that game!

read:

Guild Wars 2.
2!!!
Two, you know????
Where is that “two”? Eh? Where is it?

I want to see that kitten 2 everywhere in that game!!!
Where is it????

P.s. I want to do pillow fight too!!! (I already have a sexy female norn ready to fight)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

So what class(es) and build(s) are you using to come up with this (as in what are YOU fighting as… against these).

Increasingly I see people expecting their build to nullify/beat every build of every class in the game. If it doesn’t, they claim it’s not balanced.

At any point in time that the above becomes a reality then the game is actually broken.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Power Warrior:
3 sec block every 20 sec

Power Engi:
3 sec block every 16 sec
AOE spam
Rampage 1/2 the time

Power Mesmer:
Blink, 30sec cooldown
Ok portals are fun

block block block
blind blind blind
invuln invuln invuln
baa baa baa
meh meh meh

You forgot to mention Burn Burst Guardian or Survival ranger after Heal As One boost… It’s almost as if all the classes are OP when given the right buildout, which of course means none of them are really OP given a team where everyone is skilled and can play an optimal build for their class and team objectives.

The community will always find the must optimal build for playing a specific role with a specific class. It’s natural selection or what we call meta. If a class can only play one role does that mean it’s unbalanced? I don’t think so. You can always take a vacation from PvP and go run any build you want in PvE, right?

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

This game is great. It’s our disposition that often sucks!

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Oh you just wait until trapper runes come to PVP. Y’all are gonna love ghost thieves.

Although Anet clearly has a kitten for PVP so maybe this will actually be fixed when it arrives.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Oh you just wait until trapper runes come to PVP. Y’all are gonna love ghost thieves.

Although Anet clearly has a kitten for PVP so maybe this will actually be fixed when it arrives.

Mmm. With all the reveal being handed out left right and centre I can definately see how stealth will be a problem..

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Engis are strong since the last buff they received (practically impossible to condi burst them, I tell ya!)

It’s like you don’t even play the same game as the rest of us.

I should have been more specific. I was refering to the increased condi cleanses from their Elixirs and Regen in general. That was recently changed and it shows in the dueling servers.

I wasn’t talking about the Meta Soldier Rifle builds where anyone can burst down anyone in TPvP skirmish scenarios… the Engi the OP is refering to still isn’t an issue.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

#realtalk tho.

Warrior has too many immunes, it’s literally getting carried by those. Can’t blame em tho, with a whole lot of blinds going around these days.

Engie Double elixir is annoying, It’s like having a free vamp rune #6 without the rune of course. Bad Design Honestly.

These stuff are what make classes brain dead.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Power Warrior:
3 sec block every 20 sec

Power Engi:
3 sec block every 16 sec
AOE spam
Rampage 1/2 the time

Power Mesmer:
Blink, 30sec cooldown
Ok portals are fun

block block block
blind blind blind
invuln invuln invuln
baa baa baa
meh meh meh

You forgot to mention Burn Burst Guardian or Survival ranger after Heal As One boost… It’s almost as if all the classes are OP when given the right buildout, which of course means none of them are really OP given a team where everyone is skilled and can play an optimal build for their class and team objectives.

The community will always find the must optimal build for playing a specific role with a specific class. It’s natural selection or what we call meta. If a class can only play one role does that mean it’s unbalanced? I don’t think so. You can always take a vacation from PvP and go run any build you want in PvE, right?

I definatly tend to see that as unbalanced.
If class A has 10 variations on builds wich all succeed.
And if class B has only 1.

Class A is always at the advantage during the start of a game since class B has to figure out what class A is playing, whilst that is not holding true vice versa so the first burst from class A can be way better calculated seeing what uptime defenses and what cooldowns he needs to proc from the getgo.

Second point, if you like playing a certain alternative way and it gets nerfed because of the ‘Metabuild’ being considered overpowered, pidgeonholing you to play meta on that class because the other options went from ‘kind of okay’ to ‘maybe in pug-pve but definatly not in PvP’ then thats decreasing diversity and playstyles.

Third point, creativity! If a class can only play 1 build that ussually means the rest of the traits are not good enough and you are forced to play a certain way. You cannot tinker about new cool builds, it will stagnate.

I am a scepter/focus fresh air elementalist and i am disgusted that mesmers have way more survival and a higher burst in comparison to broken weaponskills (shatterstone comes to mind) and less health with no reall added benefits at all.

Mesmer is just allround better then fresh air. And call me out on it, but thats just imbalanced.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

The “Cheesewars” you’re talking about is an extension of a tendency that’s been noted since the RTS games I played as a kid. Players from eastern cultures will tend to focus more heavily on mechanics while players from westernized cultures will tend to spend more time isolating a path of least resistance toward victory and attempting to milk it for all the wins its worth. Those of us who are from westernized cultures will often be very good at finding the quicker and easier ways to win and even unknowingly utilizing them at the expense of cultivating our own skills over the long term.

The developers’ mistakes in balancing the game have often made it easy for us to exploit their oversights but any cheesiness is also our responsibility for approaching the game without really defining our experience as much beyond just trying to win and win right now (regardless of how skilled or not we will become in the future). They haven’t made the game as balanced as it can be, but we also have had few qualms about using the “cheesy” builds. On the flip side, people from western cultures are also more prone to making excuses, and the cheesiness we complain about is sometimes just an excuse for getting outplayed, out-practiced, and out-dedicated.

(edited by rennlc.7346)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

We’re in a bunker and condi meta, what are you on about with power builds.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

We’re in a bunker and condi meta, what are you on about with power builds.

Everything and everyone is high.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Sooo the engi you describe plays Tool Kit, Elixir S and Elixir X. Are you saying that marauder engi is OP?

I have definitely seen everything on these forums.

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The “Cheesewars” you’re talking about is an extension of a tendency that’s been noted since the RTS games I played as a kid. Players from eastern cultures will tend to focus more heavily on mechanics while players from westernized cultures will tend to spend more time isolating a path of least resistance toward victory and attempting to milk it for all the wins its worth. Those of us who are from westernized cultures will often be very good at finding the quicker and easier ways to win and even unknowingly utilizing them at the expense of cultivating our own skills over the long term.

The developers’ mistakes in balancing the game have often made it easy for us to exploit their oversights but any cheesiness is also our responsibility for approaching the game without really defining our experience as much beyond just trying to win and win right now (regardless of how skilled or not we will become in the future). They haven’t made the game as balanced as it can be, but we also have had few qualms about using the “cheesy” builds. On the flip side, people from western cultures are also more prone to making excuses, and the cheesiness we complain about is sometimes just an excuse for getting outplayed, out-practiced, and out-dedicated.

Nice racism bro. 10/10

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

what kind of builds do you expect people to run?

low synergy, crappy builds?

i always try to run the most effective/unfair build i can, & you should too. cheese just means it’s a good build.

if you’re trouble is you cant counter blocks & procs at 25% hp then you just scrubby buddy. oh, just saw your complaints about rampage :-( now we all know what level you’re playing at…

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Cheesebuilds Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

Eh? Does pvp allow guard stacks, food buffs and dire stat amulet?
It works in wvw because you can get 2k condi damage as trapper thief. Those traps without all the extra condition damage granted from those (and survivability) means you should wait to see if your premonition becomes true; I don’t think they’ll be as bad (from a thief perspective) as you imagine; there’s incredibly few condi thieves in pvp as it’s a slow attrition which isn’t going to help much. Furthermore you can’t cap a point in stealth, meaning any fight on a point prevents the thief from capping/decapping – so move away, and they become visible in order to cap/decap or are wasting a lot of their teams time by being ineffective.

(edited by Chips.7968)