Chill is a weak condition

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Im sure it has some uses here and there but it too situational.
What if you add some dmg on every tick and make it stackable?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Chill isn’t weak, you can delay a heal skill with chill and even delay all attunement swaps on an elementalist.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Reaper will get damage on chill, so making that baseline would really weaken the specialization.

Besides, i actually think that Chill is one of the strongest conditions (though it has more uses in a WvW environment, where a lot of movement is involved).

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I consider chill rather weak. It’s not that the effect is weak but it has so much counterplay and application is rather low. Immobilize has the advantage of needing a short amount to be and cripple has high amount of application.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I wouldnt say chill is weak at all. The things it does are pretty strong, reducing movement speed by 66% and tripling cooldowns. Its just that its not readily enough available like other conditions that it has its effects felt and is a nuisance. It also has skills that remove it specifically because its a movement impairing condition.

If chill would be reliably reapplied all the time then i feel it would be something much stronger but anet has everything granting chill on low duration ( see sigils and runes and most ice fields ) or behind a few long casts ,awkward mechanics or ICDs.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Agreed~ not weak, bad application. And getting surprisingly nerfed more and more for Necromancers/reapers which is strange.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I consider chill one of the stronger conditions in the game. It literally affects EVERY cooldown. Very strong vs elementalist for that reason. It also affects movespeed which is great to prevent people from running. And with reaper being able to get damage on chill application, I’m excited to see the potential of a build such as that.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I wouldnt say chill is weak at all. The things it does are pretty strong, reducing movement speed by 66% and tripling cooldowns. Its just that its not readily enough available like other conditions that it has its effects felt and is a nuisance. It also has skills that remove it specifically because its a movement impairing condition.

If chill would be reliably reapplied all the time then i feel it would be something much stronger but anet has everything granting chill on low duration ( see sigils and runes and most ice fields ) or behind a few long casts ,awkward mechanics or ICDs.

Which is kind of proof that ANet considers Chill OP and doesn’t want us to have too much of it.

You might find the skills that apply chill weak, but the condition itself for sure isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I dont think Chill is weak on it self, but rather there is just not enough access to it. We will have to wait and see how the reaper plays out.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Which is kind of proof that ANet considers Chill OP and doesn’t want us to have too much of it.

You might find the skills that apply chill weak, but the condition itself for sure isn’t.

Thats exactly what i said in my post.. as well as what Apolo just stated. If we had more access and more reliable application of chill its true strength would be realized. Because its so sparse you never feel the effects of the cooldown tripling effect it has. For every 3s of chill you extend a skills cooldown by 2s. Have you ever been caught with no condi removal, skills on cooldown and 5~10s of chill on you? Its horrible. If that could happen more often, which the reaper aims to, then it would be something glorious. But as it is now its power has really yet to be seen.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in PvP

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

How dare you have an legit opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Personally, I’d like Chill to have the Movement Impairing effect removed. It steps into Cripple territory and we don’t need two Control conditions doing same thing.

Then we could see more access to it or maybe give it some bonus effect. Reducing duration of applied Boons?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

chill is a strong condition
it makes u kittening slow, its hard to escape, and it controls cd, which is very useful, especially against downed foes because it slows down the 3rd attack really hard
and imo applying chill to a guardian is almost hardcounter for me because they are so immobile and have a hard time when kiting
to sy its weak just means u a) cant apply it good or b) u never have a big amount of chill on u

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Personally, I’d like Chill to have the Movement Impairing effect removed. It steps into Cripple territory and we don’t need two Control conditions doing same thing.

Then we could see more access to it or maybe give it some bonus effect. Reducing duration of applied Boons?

You simply can not remove the move imparing, with out essentially destroying the Reaper, so that is unlikely to happen.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I can reach 22sec of chill on golems with my ranger..
My problem is that chill even tho has its use it has no use at all at
1. range
2. auto attacks

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Because its so sparse you never feel the effects of the cooldown tripling effect it has. For every 3s of chill you extend a skills cooldown by 2s.

Ehh but that isnt tripling…

Wouldnt tripling (or in other words multipling by 3) mean for every 3s the skill cooldown is increased by additional 6s not 2s?

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Because its so sparse you never feel the effects of the cooldown tripling effect it has. For every 3s of chill you extend a skills cooldown by 2s.

Wouldnt tripling (or in other words multipling by 3) mean for every 3s the skill cooldown is increased by additional 6s not 2s?

Wiki

Chilled characters appear blue tinted and move 66% slower. While chilled, skill cooldowns additionally progress at a 66% slower rate; i.e. for every 3 seconds chilled, only 1 second of cooldown will have expired.

So a skill with a 1s cooldown would take 3s to cooldown when the enemy is chilled. The skills cooldown has been extended by 2s and in total it has taken 3 times longer for the skill to cooldown. i.e as long as the enemy remains chilled it will effectively triple the cooldown of that ability.

The way i phrased it was because chill seldom lasts the entire cooldown of an ability but its still correct to say for every 3s of chilled on someone their cooldown as been increased by 2s..the skills cooldown has dropped by 1s but its taken a full 3s hence the +2s.

Your example isnt wrong but your looking at the skills cooldown under chill. If a skill was cooldown for 3s under chill it would have taken a total of 9s real time to do so hence a +6s of extra time. Only thing with this is they would have to be chilled for the full 9s. Hence why i said for every 3s of chill the cooldown is extended by +2s. This is an easier way of looking at it because chilling someone for the duration of a skills cooldown is more than unlikely because of how weak re-application is right now.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Wiki

Chilled characters appear blue tinted and move 66% slower. While chilled, skill cooldowns additionally progress at a 66% slower rate; i.e. for every 3 seconds chilled, only 1 second of cooldown will have expired.

So a skill with a 1s cooldown would take 3s to cooldown when the enemy is chilled. The skills cooldown has been extended by 2s and in total it has taken 3 times longer for the skill to cooldown. i.e as long as the enemy remains chilled it will effectively triple the cooldown of that ability.

The way i phrased it was because chill seldom lasts the entire cooldown of an ability but its still correct to say for every 3s of chilled on someone their cooldown as been increased by 2s..the skills cooldown has dropped by 1s but its taken a full 3s hence the +2s.

Your example isnt wrong but your looking at the skills cooldown under chill. If a skill was cooldown for 3s under chill it would have taken a total of 9s real time to do so hence a +6s of extra time. Only thing with this is they would have to be chilled for the full 9s. Hence why i said for every 3s of chill the cooldown is extended by +2s. This is an easier way of looking at it because chilling someone for the duration of a skills cooldown is more than unlikely because of how weak re-application is right now.

Ahh now i understand what you mean. But honestly i found you way of discribing it more confusing then easy…

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Its a better way of looking at it since it doesnt make the assumption someone will be chilled for the entire duration of the tripled cooldown. With that said i reckon because of this the lower the cooldown of a skill the closer you get to it actually being 300% cooldown and the more effective the chill is.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I wouldn’t say it’s weak, It is in fact very strong there’s just not enough application in which it’s spammable/frequently applied. There’s nothing like having chill on you when your heal is 3s away and you really need to pop a heal. It’s a pretty nightmarish condition for melee centric classes if they don’t have the condi removal to remove it at that moment.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Agreed~ not weak, bad application. And getting surprisingly nerfed more and more for Necromancers/reapers which is strange.

Not strange at all.

Necro Chills + Mesmer Slows + Cripple effects.

You’ve essentially turned everyone into ice cubes. Literally, they’re blocks of ice and can’t move…I see much rage in the near future.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Not strange at all.

Necro Chills + Mesmer Slows + Cripple effects.

You’ve essentially turned everyone into ice cubes. Literally, they’re blocks of ice and can’t move…I see much rage in the near future.

I would think two people focusing on debilitating an individual should be able to turn the focused person into a gibbering mess.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Certain off-meta ele builds can apply silly amounts of chill (I think the most I’ve gotten off was 40 continuous seconds of chill without duration, though you would have to space it now because of the five stack cap).
Elemental surge + arcane power alone applies 5 stacks of 3 seconds (before duration, though if you equipped ice bow that immediately goes up to 3.6 seconds), which would be cool if it didn’t immediately get cleansed.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

chill isn’t that great anymore since it no longer affects movement skills, which has been one of the biggest mistakes for a while now, even more so for cripple as the primary function of cripple is to be anti-movement, so by removing half of cripple’s functionality and a 1/3rd of chill’s, you are inherently nerfing them.

this is a change that has long needed to be undone.

in PvP

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

Drop Ice Field on point. Spam Mortar 1. Profit.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

100% DISAGREE with the OP. Chill is actually the most annoying condition to fight against. I’d prefer to see less chill in the game, although just the opposite will be happening when the reaper launches.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Chill is probably the best condition to apply vs an OP Ele after he swapped from Water.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

100% DISAGREE with the OP. Chill is actually the most annoying condition to fight against. I’d prefer to see less chill in the game, although just the opposite will be happening when the reaper launches.

But they keep nerfing..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You simply can not remove the move imparing, with out essentially destroying the Reaper, so that is unlikely to happen.

“Whenever you apply Chill, you also Cripple the enemy for the duration of Chill.”

Add +25% negation to Cripple Effect to that underwhelming GM Necrocopter trait.

Done. And now we can boost the durations.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Its probably been re-balanced with ice runes, chilling sigil and food in mind because you can reach 100% chill duration. So take all of reapers chill durations and double them for wvw and multiply by 1.6 in pvp and you can see how it can probably become a decent hindrance when constantly reapplied for 4~8s durations.

As a reaper you can have 6~10 ways to apply chill on you at any given time. So the weakness of reapplication becomes less of a thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

area frost armor is grand after a big burst…just saying

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Chill is strong enough when properly applied,something like that should never become spammable.Rip every melee class.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Chill is weak if you are a Thief or Engineer.

Chill completely kittens Elementalists.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Sorry, didn’t read the whole thread b/c OP is ridiculous. Chill and Weakness are the strongest defensive condis in the game (Slow aside). Threads like this only make it clear that you’re just another new/bad Necro. Had to scroll up ànd make sure this wasn’t another Lordrosicky thread. :/ Henry you’re so bad dude.

If you would like some advice, feel free to ask. Oh, and if you’re not speaking on Necro, then, meh, who cares…

(edited by Tman.6349)