Chrono not OP

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

to all the chrono haters, just learn to interrupt the F5.
its more L2P than an OP issue.

this is a new mechanic! give it time. give yourself time.
learn what it does before asking for it to be changed!

your knee jerk reaction ‘NERF CHRONO’ is saddening

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If you have to make a thread to say it, chances are…

Also, Slow can die in a fire.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Part of it is that mesmer is already strong before the elite specialization. It’s hard to weed out which contributions are from core and which are from Chronomancer on top of it being new.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

The hypocrisy is just insane on the people defending Mesmer, sigh.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The hypocrisy is just insane on the people defending Mesmer, sigh.

Hypocrisy

• The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

Yeah, I think you’re confused.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Meh, you’ll just roll it back with F5.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I think double moa is physically possible to deal with and therefore perfectly balanced.

Also lol, let’s give it “some time” to “see how it plays out.” The idea of free wins for a few months doesn’t actually sound that bad, time to roll mes.

(edited by duster.7013)

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I’m only specifically talking about the slows here but I’ve yet to be beaten by a chronomancer.
Chronomancer slows can be painful, but just learn to use it against them. I play engineer so I’ll give you examples:
Elixir Gun Acid Bomb will send you flying VERY far away (like 1300)
Gear Shield lasts 6 seconds.
Running Shield both the shield skill blocks + reflect would last longer also.
So for all classes:
I’d imagine it would work for evading skills, so you can have very long lasting evades.
Warriors could also get some crazy disengage potential from their movement skills, as well as their blocks. Guards shelter I’d imagine would have a prolonged block and similarly with their invuln elite.
These are just the ones I can think of (some may not work but I definitely know the engineer ones).

(edited by Twigifire.8379)

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Guess that applies to the avalanche of people who make threads just to whine about mesmers, right?

At this point I’d say we’re just wasting our breath. People won’t be happy until mesmers is nerfed back to at least pre-patch standings, while at the same time they want to keep all the changes their class got.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I think double moa is physically possible to deal with and therefore perfectly balanced.

Also lol, let’s give it “some time” to “see how it plays out.” The idea of free wins for a few months doesn’t actually sound that bad, time to roll mes.

Why? Because your pride stops you from learning or coping with elite spec during Beta? Chronomancer playstyle are no where near ground breaking, mesmer is essentially doing the same rotations as before. If you trouble now then you just showed failure to cope with mesmer playstyle even before beta.

Chronophantasma? Destroy phantasms when they cluster together and stool there in daze.
Continuum Shift? Destroy the weak rift.
Slow from GS? Why are you giving him chance to spam GS auto on you?
Condi PU chrono OP? Funny because he has to decide Dueling or Illusion to achieve that. Losing Dueling means cleaving his clones/phantasm will stop him from generating illusions reliably and his illusions can’t inflict bleed at all; Losing Illusion means he can’t blind you while block/evade and he can’t shatter. Both of which can be countered by destroying his illusions. Either way he’s playing just like a PU mesmer since 2013, except this time you don’t suffer anything from mindless cleaving/AoE.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Guess that applies to the avalanche of people who make threads just to whine about mesmers, right?

At this point I’d say we’re just wasting our breath. People won’t be happy until mesmers is nerfed back to at least pre-patch standings, while at the same time they want to keep all the changes their class got.

Exactly. All these pvp veterans are not used to Mesmers being strong, but it is perfectly ok for Ele to be strong for so long.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Exactly. All these pvp veterans are not used to Mesmers being strong, but it is perfectly ok for Ele to be strong for so long.

I’m getting of all these ‘’omg ele is op, so leave mesmer alone’’ really tired. If you actually noticed many people asking for mesmer nerfs are also asking the same for ele. No one said the spec is currently fine, so drop this. It has nothing to do with the fact if mesmer is too strong or not.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Uh, no. There’s no such thing as “one OP” thing. There can be several OP things about several classes and several weak things about the same classes. Ele and Mesmer are both still over-performing, that much shouldn’t be deniable. No one got better because of the patch but suddenly can walk all over everyone. Granted meanders were held in the dark for a long time because of thieves, it’s no excuse to let them run with broken things.

No one is saying there aren’t other issues all around, but what affects the most people is when a certain build (namely ones for Ele and Mesmer) makes such an impact and is so noticeably overtuned that it makes playing the game unenjoyable when you cross them.

I’ll just say, you guys are witnessing what it’s like to be on the other side of the fence of the “Turret Engineer” debate. Sometimes it’s just not fun to deal with the crap after a while.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Lol I don’t see where so many people already think chronomancer is so powerful and great. So far I have seen 1 person die to a chronomancer outside of being outnumbered and it was a revenant who was literally dumb enough to stand inside the gravity well. If your already having this much of a problem with chrono than your either fighting high tier mesmers who really know their class and have been waiting for this to try it out or you really need to evaluate yourself in pvp and do some hard training or give up an head over to pve. Not much else to say =/

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look people are already kittening about mesmer and ele. An assortment of reasons are tossed out why its not op and more tossed out why it is. As it is right now no one really knows how OP or not Chronomancer will be. What they do know is that among the classes to get their elite spec one of the strongest has a good one while the others seem meh.

We all know what easy wins look like. So all the “cope”, “l2p”, “well xyz didn’t use it”, and “this is just about 1v1” doesn’t stop anybody from saying, “kitten this I just rather not play”. PvP’s problem since day one has been this bs where instead of demanding balance for all classes people get kittened off and just say nerf this until their class of choice is in the spotlight and then they either say nothing or profess, “L2P!”, “Cope”, etc.

If it isn’t fun to fight then why bother? All the insults in the world won’t stop the bleeding. Until Anet gets their kitten together expect the same pattern. I apologize for the harsh language but it has been 3 years already.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

Then you’re just getting into “this isn’t fun for me to play, so it should be removed” territory. Mesmer is far more interactive than Turret Engi was. The issue is prior to the patch, mesmers weren’t really a threat to most classes(especially not if you’re vsing a team with a good thief) so as a result, many people got by with sloppy play vs mesmers, when sloppy play is supposed to be the exact thing mesmers punish. It is far easier to complain that something is OP and should be nerfed than it is to actually learn the mechanics and adapt to a balance patch.

I don’t think people should use Ele to justify nerfs to other classes, that’s its own, complicated issue already. But people complained non-stop about mesmers until some of the changes they complained about were reverted(plus a bunch more no one even mentioned). The complaining died down after that, but it is still pretty prevalent. So after the nerfs, people are left with two conclusions if they’re still having trouble with mesmers:

1. The class is still OP and should be nerfed more.

Or

2. I’m still the same player and still not good at fighting mesmers yet.

As you can imagine, many people will flock to option 1 because it is a convenient lie and history has shown that if enough people complain about something, usually a nerf follows.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I’ve try a think:
2 clones and a phantas, F5, then you have 1 clone and 1 phantasm. skill to obtain a new phantasm, shatter, reobtain a clone and the last phantasm you’ve done, active the skill to reactive your Fx skills, shatter again.
You can do it faster than 4.5 sec if your enemy is near you. Then your F5 skill activ eit’s effect and you reobtain all the skills and traits to make another combo of 2 shatters.
If you have problems you can help with Mirros Image (2 clones) and Decoy (1 clone and stealth).

Yeah, 4 full shatter in more or less 9-10 seconds!

That’s not a big problem, right? A full shatter can more or less deal only 16-18k to a berserker. What can be if you can do 4 full shatter skills in 10 seconds?

You will be able to kill more or less anyone.

I’ve try it. It’s hard to do, that’s right, but it worked and I’m not a mesmer player, I’m barely mediocre to use it.

1 clone Every time you shatter? 1 Phantasm can come back when you shatter it?
Oh, boy, You will never ever see a shatter mesmer without clones to shatter!
The same for condition damage classes, that inflict torment when use any kind of F Shatter.

And you obtaina Free 25% of movement, that add more mobility to a class that have already too much mobility and survavibility.

The problem of the Chrono is that isn’t focused on shield or wells like dragonhunter with it’s bow and tempest with it’s overcharged attunement and auras, or reaper and chill (reaper grant the chance to be used well also in other builds like dps and condition, that’s true, but lesser than chronomancer).

But Chronomancer don’t make you forced to follow a determinated way of the game, it follow only the chance to obtain quickness, that is the greatest boon of the game and inflict slow, that’s the greatest condition of the game (expecially in spvp).
It make you free to still play all your old build, adding power on what was already powerfull, without any problem.

Mesmer is a class that actually can counter more or less any build of the game and isn’t countered by any specific build.
Ele is powerfull and can kill easy any condition class, but a good direct damage (for example a necro) can kill him with not so much problem.
Engineer is powerfull against direct damage builds but is weak against condition builds.

Mesmer can kill dps builds, bunker builds and condi builds without problems why it’s incredible high direct damage, it’s absurd number and duration of stealth skills (kitten PU…), immunity skills (F4) and god movement and teleport skill. All with a lot of clones and phantasms that make sometime hard to find the real one, then you need to spend a lot of seconds during a fight only to find the enemy.

Actually a good mesmer have not a single real enemy in spvp.
That’s what make it “OP”.

And Chronomancer will not help us to kill him for shure, granting him double elite, double heal, a second chance to fight why you can burst him down but he had previously activated F5 and you have lost all your best skill hitting a enemy that come back like nothing is happened, reactiving all it’s powerfull skills.

Yeah, Chronomancer will be a really bad class.
Why someone will desire to chose it?

P.s. I know that play mesmer is hard and that in some situation is harder than other classes, but it’s really a class that actually have not a single real counterbuild that can kill him. That’s the problem. The class is good like it is, but all the other can’t kill a mesmer and that make it able to win against anyone. And that make it “OP”.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Except for good thieves, guardians, necros, and elementalists.

Warriors, rangers, and engineers do have a harder time with mesmers, which is why we are seeing complaints from the same posters.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Everytime anet creates an op build the ones getting carried by it always come to the forums to say L2P. and don’t present any information to back up their arguments. Chronomancer clearly needs a nerf before they release. Compared with the other specializations it is by far the strongest. Mesmer right now is already one of the god mode classes, even without specializations.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

Spamming your shatters like that is probably the best way to guarantee you deal almost no damage to a competent player(sustainable or otherwise) and that you never have them when you need them.

I can already tell you don’t understand the mechanics fully because you mentioned “double heal”. Since the F5 resets both your cds and your health, using your heal skill during the Continuum Split serves no purpose other than triggering on heal effects because as soon as it ends, your health is gonna go right back to what it was when you start the F5. I made a thread in the mesmer forums earlier today that clearly outlines what Continuum Split can and cannot do, I suggest you give it a look so that you can see that it is a really double edged sword that requires on the spot planning and risk assessment before being used.

Everytime anet creates an op build the ones getting carried by it always come to the forums to say L2P. and don’t present any information to back up their arguments. Chronomancer clearly needs a nerf before they release. Compared with the other specializations it is by far the strongest. Mesmer right now is already one of the god mode classes, even without specializations.

Care to elaborate? Also, why shouldn’t the other elite spec just be buffed instead of nerfing the one that actually adds depth to gameplay? Everytime Anet changes anything, the forums are flooded with people who play classes that feel they didn’t get their fair share of buffs and all they do is call for nerfs to a class they barely understand the mechanics for. Goes both ways.

(edited by Necrotize.2974)

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Maybe you don’t read threads, but pretty much everyone is asking for a D/D ele nerf. Everyone except for those who main a D/D ele of course.

An OP d/d ele doesn’t change the fact that mesmer is too strong though.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

I’ve try a think:
2 clones and a phantas, F5, then you have 1 clone and 1 phantasm. skill to obtain a new phantasm, shatter, reobtain a clone and the last phantasm you’ve done, active the skill to reactive your Fx skills, shatter again.
You can do it faster than 4.5 sec if your enemy is near you. Then your F5 skill activ eit’s effect and you reobtain all the skills and traits to make another combo of 2 shatters.
If you have problems you can help with Mirros Image (2 clones) and Decoy (1 clone and stealth).

Yeah, 4 full shatter in more or less 9-10 seconds!

This is not quite correct. Any skills generating clones/phantasms before the F5 shatter is used is still going to be on CD. Weapon swap restrictions make this even more unfeasible.

That’s not a big problem, right? A full shatter can more or less deal only 16-18k to a berserker. What can be if you can do 4 full shatter skills in 10 seconds?

You will be able to kill more or less anyone.

I’ve try it. It’s hard to do, that’s right, but it worked and I’m not a mesmer player, I’m barely mediocre to use it.

1 clone Every time you shatter? 1 Phantasm can come back when you shatter it?
Oh, boy, You will never ever see a shatter mesmer without clones to shatter!
The same for condition damage classes, that inflict torment when use any kind of F Shatter.

This assumes quite a bit of traiting to pull off. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but why would you cripple your build to over focus on only one facet of your class (survival means you need to do more than just produce clones to be cleaved down)?

And you obtaina Free 25% of movement, that add more mobility to a class that have already too much mobility and survavibility.

Warriors have a very similar setup to Chronomancers, and most other classes have access to movement boosting traits. Why is this an issue?

The problem of the Chrono is that isn’t focused on shield or wells like dragonhunter with it’s bow and tempest with it’s overcharged attunement and auras, or reaper and chill (reaper grant the chance to be used well also in other builds like dps and condition, that’s true, but lesser than chronomancer).

But Chronomancer don’t make you forced to follow a determinated way of the game, it follow only the chance to obtain quickness, that is the greatest boon of the game and inflict slow, that’s the greatest condition of the game (expecially in spvp).
It make you free to still play all your old build, adding power on what was already powerfull, without any problem.

This is a bit exaggerated. I can think of quite a few situations personally where the original weapons will be more useful for the revealed elite specs than their new toys.

[more in pt 2]

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

Mesmer is a class that actually can counter more or less any build of the game and isn’t countered by any specific build.
Ele is powerfull and can kill easy any condition class, but a good direct damage (for example a necro) can kill him with not so much problem.
Engineer is powerfull against direct damage builds but is weak against condition builds.

Mesmer can kill dps builds, bunker builds and condi builds without problems why it’s incredible high direct damage, it’s absurd number and duration of stealth skills (kitten PU…), immunity skills (F4) and god movement and teleport skill. All with a lot of clones and phantasms that make sometime hard to find the real one, then you need to spend a lot of seconds during a fight only to find the enemy.

That’s what make it “OP”.

Some mesmer builds are still hard countered by D/P thieves. Regarding what one has to give up access to to get chronomancer, I will wager that this is still true. Eles and Guards (especially burn oriented ones) are also rough customers. Eles in particular compound this with builds making good use of the earth traits (not advocating for nerfs btw; not the place for it). Further, you are mistaking the multitude of viable Mes builds atm for a single mythical 6/6/6/6/6 build that can do anything. Each playstyle has its own strengths and weaknesses, and learning the nuts and bolts of those goes a long way to helping you beat them (and yes, I will definitely say that some are extremely annoying).

And Chronomancer will not help us to kill him for shure, granting him double elite, double heal, a second chance to fight why you can burst him down but he had previously activated F5 and you have lost all your best skill hitting a enemy that come back like nothing is happened, reactiving all it’s powerfull skills

Remember, the F5 shatter reverts things to what they were at activation (it doesn’t cleanse applied condis as far as I have been able to tell, any heals are undone at the end of the duration, and it doesn’t seem to affect downed state). As for loosing your burst, how is this different from bursting into an engi or guard’s invul frames? Also, if you are looking for counters, the F5 shatter creates a portal. Pop it after saturating the area with damage and watch the mes squirm.

I don’t think there is enough info as to how the new bits work just yet from the little time everyone has had to try it out, and I would recommend giving the Chronomancer some more playtime before advocating for changes, either positive or negative.

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

@necrotize

Buff all other specs? Will just make the power creep even worse than what it is now.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

@necrotize

Buff all other specs? Will just make the power creep even worse than what it is now.

Buff other specs, change amulets. I still think that amulets weren’t properly balanced to account for the loss of stats from trait lines.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

lol I love how people say you need evidence when they bring up l2p but you don’t need evidence for the opinion that a class is op. Anyway, I’m getting off topic, that not the reason I’m posting.

+1 to DaShi! Its 100% true that warriors, rangers and engis are the easiest classes for mesmers to kill. It seems like 90% of the nerf posts I read come from warriors or rangers. Mesmers skills work better against these two classes. The problem is, in order for warriors and rangers to get what they want (balanced or below balanced with their class), the mes automatically has to be worse than all the other classes that it doesn’t counter as easily.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: zinavlad.7581

zinavlad.7581

chrono no, mesmer yes- is OP

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Chronophantasma? Destroy phantasms when they cluster together and stool there in daze.

Is this a parody or something? Allow me to use all the revs extremely interruptible aoe burst defensively so I get kitten d less quickly by the enemy mesmer. Also, go play revenant and find me a way to deal with gs auto.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Eles need a nerf. So does chronomancer. Nothing should dump that much slow. That needs an adjustment before the actual release.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

Is this a parody or something? Allow me to use all the revs extremely interruptible aoe burst defensively so I get kitten d less quickly by the enemy mesmer. Also, go play revenant and find me a way to deal with gs auto.

Rev is still being tuned up and hasn’t even made it into the non-beta game. Using it as a comparison would make almost any class look OP, especially since no one has really had enough playtime with the new changes to really get a strong understanding of the class and how it fits into the meta. I’m sorry, but you’re just purposefully setting up the situation to make mesmer look stronger than it really is without really understanding it.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Rev is still being tuned up and hasn’t even made it into the non-beta game. Using it as a comparison would make almost any class look OP, especially since no one has really had enough playtime with the new changes to really get a strong understanding of the class and how it fits into the meta. I’m sorry, but you’re just purposefully setting up the situation to make mesmer look stronger than it really is without really understanding it.

Anyone who really understands the game can pretty much gauge what will happen almost immediately with builds. Like chronomancer, I see a lot of issues with it if they don’t adjust the amount of slow applications on HoT release…I can already see that it will need to be toned down especially in conjunction with PU. Slow is really strong when used right. Revs seem a bit weak atm though. We’ll have to see though. But that’s why I’m glad this is beta weekend, not the actual release of HoT. So we can provide constructive feedback. I think there definitely needs to be an icd on the slow traits in chronomancy for sure.

While tempest is definitely underwhelming, it doesn’t change the fact that eles still need to be toned down. We all already know this one though. But right now, since this is beta weekend, we all need to provide input on chronomancers before it gets released. It’ll be too strong. Mark my words. I warned everyone as well about the eles being too strong (as an ele main myself) before the new trait system even came out. And guess what, I was right. The same will happen for chronomancers if nothing’s done.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

Anyone who really understands the game can pretty much gauge what will happen almost immediately with builds. Like chronomancer, I see a lot of issues with it if they don’t adjust the amount of slow applications on HoT release…I can already see that it will need to be toned down especially in conjunction with PU. Slow is really strong when used right. Revs seem a bit weak atm though. We’ll have to see though. But that’s why I’m glad this is beta weekend, not the actual release of HoT. So we can provide constructive feedback. I think there definitely needs to be an icd on the slow traits in chronomancy for sure.

While tempest is definitely underwhelming, it doesn’t change the fact that eles still need to be toned down. We all already know this one though. But right now, since this is beta weekend, we all need to provide input on chronomancers before it gets released. It’ll be too strong. Mark my words. I warned everyone as well about the eles being too strong (as an ele main myself) before the new trait system even came out. And guess what, I was right. The same will happen for chronomancers if nothing’s done.

Slow is mainly only powerful when it is stacked consistently. As it is a condition, builds with ample removal shouldn’t be slowed 100% of the time. The ICD could be increased a bit, but then you risk making slow much less effective for any build not build around it entirely, kinda like how Alacrity really only makes a big difference if you’re spamming it off cd from multiple sources. The builds capable of maintaining high slow uptime don’t really have any leeway when it comes to Chrono traits, they’re all set in stone pretty much. On interrupt is fine because it requires timing and usage of a valuable interrupt. Lost Time can be timed since anyone can see how many charges you have. I haven’t been able to test if it fails on evaded attacks like Doom/Leeching sigils do.

Saying Chrono will be OP with PU is a bit of a stretch too because it means you’re taking Chrono+Chaos and leave only 1 trait line for what you’re build is lacking. Probably shouldn’t be dueling since it overlaps with Chrono in functionality, Inspiration means you only have 1 psuedo-dps line, and domination helps an interrupt build that you can’t run Chaotic Interrupt with and Illusions has The Pledge for condi removal and great stealth uptime. You have to give up a lot of good things just to get PU and Chronomancy, but just because they’re together doesn’t instantly make it a good build.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Actually I have a question to all Mesmers.

Do you feel like Chronomancer carries the ‘alternative’ playstyle to your profession or does it ‘improve’ upon Mesmer? Can you explain why in either case? Just curious.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Necrotize.2974

Actually I have a question to all Mesmers.

Do you feel like Chronomancer carries the ‘alternative’ playstyle to your profession or does it ‘improve’ upon Mesmer? Can you explain why in either case? Just curious.

I think for PvE it is a strict improvement. Being able to shatter phantasms, double Ice Storm, and provide party wide alacrity(albeit scarcely) will be a great boost to dungeon mesmers.

PvP is isn’t so clear just yet. On one hand I want to say it improve simply because it’s new, it’s exciting, and not a lot of people can counter it yet. As people become familiar with it though, it’ll lose some of that. Long term I’d say it adds depth and enables an alternate playstyle(phantasm centric builds and potentially bunkers) that were previously weak on mesmer. Because of trait functionality overlap, Chronomancy can be taken instead of Dueling pretty easily, but replacing another trait line in a build is unlikely without creating some weaknesses. Overall, it provides something unique, but not strictly better than base mesmer.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

What a brilliant compilation of absolutely fantastic, yet utterly useless and unpractical party tricks.

+1

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

Lol were you being serious with this post? Aside from maybe the invis stacking for WvW this stuff is totally worthless.

But the 4x feedback bubbles were very sparkly and pretty so thank you.

Chrono not OP

in PvP

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Buff other specs, change amulets. I still think that amulets weren’t properly balanced to account for the loss of stats from trait lines.

A thousand times this. If all the amulets traded a bit of their damage stat for 560 Vit like Marauder does vs. Zerker, I think we’d see fewer complaints.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger