Clarify severity of war frenzy nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

You cannot I repeat you cannot land all 9 hits of 100 blades before they get up from bull’s charge knockdown if you are using frenzy.

For those saying it was not that bad of a nerf, this is the point we are crying about.
In addition to we now have a skill that says basically,
“For 5 seconds, do 50% more damage and take 50% more damage.” Necro self infliction isn’t even that serious. It is like take you heart out of your chest, you can now run faster for 3 seconds lol.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Jeez. You blokes just don’t stop. What did you do for the other 55 seconds that frenzy was on cooldown?

It literally added an extra second to 100b under haste. Which you can get out once per minute. 1 extra second once per minute.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Maybe 100blades wasnt supposed to be 100% landed on a target? And probably made to 1hit npcs and not players, while still being able to 1hit slow players. I dont see any 20k damage 1 hit short on cd skill around with 100% guaranted hit rate.

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

People do know that 100b isn’t our only skill right?

Hard enough to land with only minimal dps returns, frenzy was for everything else too.
————-

But hey, lets just all roll ele because they seem to be getting buffs at the top tier.

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Frenzy was a required skill on every real pvp warrior build. If you don’t understand that, you haven’t played a warrior (which is dumb imo, you should try EVERY class in spvp since you only need to hit lvl 2 to reach the mists)

Every other class in the game has at least 2 viable builds imo (one may be stronger, than the other, but I’ve never felt like a class was absolutely pigeon-holed into 1 build before aside from warrior. And now that pigeon-holed build is bad now). For example the entire meditation line on guardian was nerfed to the ground, you could still bunker with a shouts build. Hell, even dps guardian builds aren’t complete trash (the way say… a warrior bunker or warrior condition build is) I could nerf the most OP ability in any other class, and there would still be a semi-viable fall-back build (lets pretend i nerfed every condition build on necro – they could still build power/wells) Once you nerf GS burst build for warrior, whats the fall back plan really? Condition bleeds (with no way to cover it?) Bunker build that has almost no sustain or condition removal? Dps build without the main dps burst ability? please explain???

This is why warriors are angry. It was bad enough being pigeon-holled into 1 build. Its now worse that they nerfed said build.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Jeez. You blokes just don’t stop. What did you do for the other 55 seconds that frenzy was on cooldown?

It literally added an extra second to 100b under haste. Which you can get out once per minute. 1 extra second once per minute.

uh its our classes main burst which dosent do anything now. So uh lets see your classes main burst get kitten

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Meh, I played axe/mace warrior with no issues. Sword/shield for 2nd set for added utility and control. I didn’t play at the top level though, but either did 95% of the other people claiming to.

Go duel a great sword dps guardian on your great sword warrior 100 times. You could win 99 of them with nothing but an amulet on.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Meh, I played axe/mace warrior with no issues. Sword/shield for 2nd set for added utility and control. I didn’t play at the top level though, but either did 95% of the other people claiming to.

Go duel a great sword dps guardian on your great sword warrior 100 times. You could win 99 of them with nothing but an amulet on.

Actually a Warrior would win close to 10% of them, unless you were running no secondary heals (meditation, AH, Symbol).

• HB is easily kited, if with frenzy + bulls it’s easily dodged. If you miss the dodge then you use Stand Your Ground + dodge and you dodge at least half of it.
  • Whirling Attack is easily dodged, although this is the one I personally have trouble dodging (for some reason my brain doesn’t pay attention to the animation) but other people do not.
  • Bladetrail is easily kited.

Warrior burst is entirely easily dodged and a Guardian using any of the three secondary heals will be easily able to defeat one. Remember the entire time the Warrior is taking retaliation, so you’re wearing them down without fighting.

But again this is a team game, so Warriors already needed a Guardian to snare for them or the enemy to be trying to res/stomp or out of dodges. In a 1v1 situation all the dodges are saved for use against the one player not the whole team.

tl;dr: Warriors are actually at a significant disadvantage no matter what the Guardian build.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Sorry silvan, gotta disagree with you there. If I wasn’t on my phone I would go further into detail but great sword v greatsword a warrior should win easily.

Other weapons in the mix and it changes things, but without the hp to last long enough for sub optimal damage to wear him down, the warrior will rock you.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Sorry silvan, gotta disagree with you there. If I wasn’t on my phone I would go further into detail but great sword v greatsword a warrior should win easily.

Other weapons in the mix and it changes things, but without the hp to last long enough for sub optimal damage to wear him down, the warrior will rock you.

What build are your using?

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I’ll post you some PMs when I stop traveling. I’ve read all your guides and tried the builds in there. If I take scepter or sword/shild or torch, yeah, u can beat a warrior but if you go seekers ammy you are 7k hp behind right there with only healing power and toughness from traits. If you forego those traits and go pure glass, it’s like 13k hp and u can be Insta killed.

Stand your ground and double or trip meditations can only get you so far.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Not sure if you get the point. If the purpose of the combo was to land the skill and now you can’t land the skill. So the majority of the build is ruined. And for the other 55 seconds, a warrior was doing the same thing a thief would do. Sure our “sustain” is unaffected, but now you have no kill securing ability. It becomes an attrition battle and warriors are not build for that as shown in their lack of defensive boons and sub par healing options.

I deserve the right to complain, I have to roll a new main, or just get passed over for tpvp. Just sucks to waste hours for a class breaking nerf.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

You’re obviously a terrible guardian. Sidenote: GS is good for hybrid builds and not in any way viable for a full dps guard. A full dps guard brings scepter/torch and sword/focus. Which means imboilize, blind and block. it’s too easy to stay in range.
Now look at GS. That means you wanna get into close-range to every opponent AS A GC. That makes not any sense.

PS: if you loose as a guard to a warrior you should stop playing guardian and go ele instead.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

why is everyone still calling it hundred blades?
dontcha know its been renamed Fifty Blades?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

What needs clarification is that this was a nerf to all forms of warrior burst, not just 100db. Complaining you can’t get your 100db off is misinforming the community.

Axe was always much better with frenzy anyway FYI, with the exception of dealing with necros, where a bulls charge 100db would often suffice (and that’s their problem).

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

You’re obviously a terrible guardian. Sidenote: GS is good for hybrid builds and not in any way viable for a full dps guard. A full dps guard brings scepter/torch and sword/focus. Which means imboilize, blind and block. it’s too easy to stay in range.
Now look at GS. That means you wanna get into close-range to every opponent AS A GC. That makes not any sense.

PS: if you loose as a guard to a warrior you should stop playing guardian and go ele instead.

This

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

What needs clarification is that this was a nerf to all forms of warrior burst, not just 100db. Complaining you can’t get your 100db off is misinforming the community.

Axe was always much better with frenzy anyway FYI, with the exception of dealing with necros, where a bulls charge 100db would often suffice (and that’s their problem).

This is misconception. Although my sig used to say frenzy auto axe>> frenzy 100 blades. It is only true if target is not stationary.

And I am not misinforming, it is the truth. War sustain is unaffected by this.

K Pop

in PvP

Empiren.6401

This is misconception. Although my sig used to say frenzy auto axe>> frenzy 100 blades. It is only true if target is not stationary.

In pve sure!

But in pvp when people are moving about all which way, we don’t have “sustained damage”. Frenzy gave us more damage because we were the only class that didn’t have sustained. Now its nerfed by 50%, so yup, its a nerf to our overrall pvp damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

you should wait for the BIG PVP PATCH in april…or may..don’t know.

in PvP

Posted by: chrisk.4320

chrisk.4320

Oh no, you can’t insta-gib players anymore in Bull’s Charge.

You might have to research new warrior builds that require skill.

Oh no.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

In pve sure!

But in pvp when people are moving about all which way, we don’t have “sustained damage”. Frenzy gave us more damage because we were the only class that didn’t have sustained. Now its nerfed by 50%, so yup, its a nerf to our overrall pvp damage.

I don’t pve. War had sustain in pvp. People will probably argue with me about this, but you didn’t always have to hide.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Honestly I dont main warrior but it is now sooooo bad its untrue. The class is just officially useless. Anter dont realise the size of the nerf obv

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Empiren.6401

In pve sure!

I don’t pve. War had sustain in pvp. People will probably argue with me about this, but you didn’t always have to hide.

Really, what “sustained” damage does it have. Please tell me, because i’m pretty sure warrior has none outside of RF or LB which count for nothing.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

If your telling me all you did in a tournament was run in and hit 7,8,2 and run out…
Your missing out on a lot of damage

K Pop

in PvP

Empiren.6401

If your telling me all you did in a tournament was run in and hit 7,8,2 and run out…
Your missing out on a lot of damage

Please, answer my question. What sustained damage does warrior have? Don’t dismiss the issue you brought up.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I always laugh when a warrior on my team heals and I see their hp bar go up about an inch lol. Mending heals for so little it is an insult.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I always laugh when a warrior on my team heals and I see their hp bar go up about an inch lol. Mending heals for so little it is an insult.

Heals the same as everyone, for the exception of guardians which heals like 10k. Its just that the warriors hp pool is incredibly high.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Sustain is all the damage outside of burst. axe auto attack whirlwind every other number on your bar but 100 blades and eviscerate. I do not understand what is the problem.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Would adding a 3sec kd to bull charge fix it?

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Yay! No one trick pony insta-gib builds.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I’ll just go back to my sword/sword condi warrior, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I’ll just go back to my sword/sword condi warrior, I guess.

Try banners. With the recent buff, they are now OP.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

quicknes nerf was needed, unfortunately it hit warrior pretty hard.
They need to give some love to this class for sure.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Just run throw bolas. : ]

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I am on to hammer. Working on anti ele warrior builds basically.

K Pop