Class Rankings after the first week

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So, I played a decent number of solo queue games over the weekend. I finished at ruby. Here is what I see as the tiers right now FROM A SOLO QUEUE PERSPECTIVE (organized teams are different)

The top
Necro – The damage is so glorious. You will be a big focus though.
Bunker ele – A decent ele can easily 1v2 most classes in the game. A really great classes for causing matchup issues elsewhere in the map

Close to the top
Rev – All the best parts of a thief but has sustain.
Engi – Probably the best mix of sustain vs damage. More damage but less sustain than the bunker ele. Way more valuable in team fights than 1v1.

Next tier
Druid – Another really good point holder in this meta. All the damage comes from the pet. cc hurts
Dragonhunter – drop traps, press 2 on LB, heal, repeat. yawn
Mesmer – Would rather not have one on my team. They are ok.

Junk
Warrior – Mostly useless although there is a newer condi spec that is decent. If they use that condi spec, there is value, otherwise, gg.
Thief – D/P is useless. Staff can be ok. Needs to be carried.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Pretty accurate except I would put Rev on top with Ele and Necro. Their power and mobility is glorious.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

In soloQs, a good thief is closer to third tier level. I’ve been on teams where they carried the game, backcapping nodes and single target a person to down state. They just lack considerably against a sustainy comp who knows how to survive the initial butst but.. i imagine they didn’t make ur list because you haven’t seen a good thief

In higher tier pvp, the top three are rev engi ele in that order. Then Necro and probably dh/druid as a 5th.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Bunker ele – A decent ele can easily 1v2 most classes in the game. A really great classes for causing matchup issues elsewhere in the map

Not really. A 1v2 with equally skilled players will force a decap almost for sure on anything other than Foefire mid. There’s no such thing as a “bunker” ele; the meta is “support ele” and while it can hold a node for some time and potentially force matchup issues this is by far not the most useful role it can play.

You want support eles carrying team fights and countering the condi output from reapers through its cleanses. Having a top tier support elementalist in your team fights in the current meta skews the balance heavily in your favor.

In the support role, ele is S tier but it is highly dependent on who is playing it. There’s a big difference between good and average support elementalists and most of it comes down to situational awareness of your teammates’ health and condis in addition to your own, using your cleanses to remove high priority condis at the right times, clutch use of Rebound, etc.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

In soloQs, a good thief is closer to third tier level. I’ve been on teams where they carried the game, backcapping nodes and single target a person to down state. They just lack considerably against a sustainy comp who knows how to survive the initial butst but.. i imagine they didn’t make ur list because you haven’t seen a good thief

In higher tier pvp, the top three are rev engi ele in that order. Then Necro and probably dh/druid as a 5th.

As a long time thief main, I beg to differ. In top tier its easily the worst class to have on a team. They provide absoluley nothing. I shouldn’t have to go into detail why that is because it should be obvious to you.

In higher tier, Necro, Engi, Rev and Ele are straight up beasts. Hands down best class to have. Mesmer, Druid and DH are all really close to the big 4, especially Mesmer. Surprised it isn’t Meta. Had a Mes who ported between home and mid nodes all game long while holding and even wining 2v1s with the condis they spit out. Warrior sucks. Thief is bottom of the barrel.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Bunker ele on top is this a joke?
They removed all bunker amulets. Except for the ones with only armor/healing.
Its easy as pie for necros to kill them. Their useless.
The only ele build ive seen which works is the one trick pony scepter build.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

You’ve obviously not met any good elementalists playing with a cleric’s amulet. Good eles are few and far between, but they are most definitely at the very top tier in this meta when played well.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

List looks accurate but you’re just going to help poison spvp more by making it. Already popping into 7 Necro Games, still waiting for the moment I see 10 Necros. XD

You’ve obviously not met any good elementalists playing with a cleric’s amulet. Good eles are few and far between, but they are most definitely at the very top tier in this meta when played well.

Shhhh, let him keep believing what he’s believing. Makes my Ele’s life easier.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Shhhh, let him keep believing what he’s believing. Makes my Ele’s life easier.

I rather play mesmer but its been gutted over and over.
I need to play 5 times better than enemies to stand a chance.
when you can just press 3 buttons on necro :P

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

As a long time thief main, I beg to differ. In top tier its easily the worst class to have on a team. They provide absoluley nothing. I shouldn’t have to go into detail why that is because it should be obvious to you.

In higher tier, Necro, Engi, Rev and Ele are straight up beasts. Hands down best class to have. Mesmer, Druid and DH are all really close to the big 4, especially Mesmer. Surprised it isn’t Meta. Had a Mes who ported between home and mid nodes all game long while holding and even wining 2v1s with the condis they spit out. Warrior sucks. Thief is bottom of the barrel.

That’s exactly what I said.

My notion on Thief in lower tiers differs to the original post where op said teef was bottom tier in soloq, that’s not the case. But yes, higher tier pvp, I agree 100% with you.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Guardian are great for lower tiers, but they really really taper off the higher you go. The trick bag is too narrow and Support Ele and Scrappers with hammer/Bulwark basically kill any reason to exist lol. Kinda makes me sad because I much prefer guardian but I may have to end up finishing the season as Reaper of the wall gets too hefty.

I’d argue thief has a better place in the Meta that guardian does. Major difference is that it’s significantly harder to reach that potential, it seems, as there are relatively few impactful thieves/daredevils.

Still better than warrior though. d(‘-’d)

Coincidentally, both Guardians and warriors have the same issue. Both are bad at sustaining outside of cooldowns. Warriors have hefty upfront burst and mitigation and Guardians have some heft up-front healing, but both are pressured out of cooldowns pretty easily and after that it’s an easy focus.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Dril.2495

Dril.2495

DH exclusive main here( Ruby atm), have to say i fully agree with the list. From my personal experience the support ele spec is as much of a must-have as bunkers were in s1. If one team has a elementalist and the other team doesn’t, i can guarantee you that atleast 7 out of 10 times the team with the elementalist will win. It makes teamfights soooo favourable and people aren’t playing around it enough atm.

Furthermore the rise of this elementalist spec is also the same reason why DH are lower on the list than they should be. DH right now is for the most part in a solid spot, we can beat necro, rev, warrior, thief, mesmer. We can “hold” engineers if we play it well and even beat the worse ones. Druids are again beatable if they are bad but you will die if they have any brain.

The main problem is that elementalist just counters DH sooo hard. Aside from the crazy heals and the invul that every class has to deal with, DH also has to deal with reflect and projectile blocks and DH relies on projectiles almost exclusively.

That’s not to say that a DH is completely useless vs any elementalist ofcourse, if other classes can put the ele in CC, a nicely played true shot+ burst from other classes can put the elementalist down quickly, but it comes down to being VERY reliant on teammates.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

why bother asking for teirs? top teams run necro, engi, ele anz double rev. it’s blatantly the best comp.

for solo any of these classes will be the best to roll.

warrior is trash. theif is as good as they player. mes is awkward. DH is terribly straightforward. druid is great, but doesn’t see a lot of play for some reason.

still, I’m playing Engi or DH if I’m queuing. the occasional warrior or rev games if I’m bored. but DH and engi are pretty excellent in my hands. DH is better with a worse team imo, but maybe that’s just my perspective.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

Guardian are great for lower tiers, but they really really taper off the higher you go. The trick bag is too narrow and Support Ele and Scrappers with hammer/Bulwark basically kill any reason to exist lol. Kinda makes me sad because I much prefer guardian but I may have to end up finishing the season as Reaper of the wall gets too hefty.

I’d argue thief has a better place in the Meta that guardian does. Major difference is that it’s significantly harder to reach that potential, it seems, as there are relatively few impactful thieves/daredevils.

Coincidentally, both Guardians and warriors have the same issue. Both are bad at sustaining outside of cooldowns. Warriors have hefty upfront burst and mitigation and Guardians have some heft up-front healing, but both are pressured out of cooldowns pretty easily and after that it’s an easy focus.

DH is actually pretty strong. I forget which build it is but its a tanky DH that has nothing but blocks and invulns. Does decent damage to. An Engi and Rev took a while to down him but of course, he got rezed and filled his HP back to 100% and fight continued.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

DH is actually pretty strong. I forget which build it is but its a tanky DH that has nothing but blocks and invulns. Does decent damage to. An Engi and Rev took a while to down him but of course, he got rezed and filled his HP back to 100% and fight continued.

DH can be built to “sustain” or it can be built to be effective. It really can’t have both unlike the bigger names. You lose a lot of what makes DH even worth having over just another one of the Core-4 of you start taking Renewed Focus and all of the similar traits and running Paladin’s. If you go to that extent, yeah you can sort of sustain longer. But you’re not really as effective and certainly don’t set yourself apart from a Scrapper.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I have to say I will go for DH over Engi even being an engi main. reason being DH rolls all classes, scrapper rolls hard but dies to strong condi.

scrapper has that teamfight spam, but DH got that focused burst. can’t tele into someone and take the majority of their health on engi. but that being said, engi can just rock up and roll all over you (unless you got dat condi spam down) and there is nothing you can do.

paladin on DH is a waste. Purification, kittenite, ToF, and RF is insane sustain with marauders. playing a DPS build with a tanky amulet just ruins it. losing that crit damge is not at all worth.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t disagree about a GOOD thief. A good anything can carry a game. My list is more of a ranking of a classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I have a legit question because I really want to see bunker guard make a comeback:

So we’ve all seen the rise of the cleric tempest, and how it offers fantastic game-changing support. If tempest can get away with it, can cleric bunker guard? If not, why?

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Agree agree and agree exept for thief, well played it´s a famous burster!