Class choice if I want to DPS ?

in PvP

Posted by: DAFA4D98-D2FB-4706-BFB3-11AD6089059B

DAFA4D98-D2FB-4706-BFB3-11AD6089059B

For several years I,ve played support class in PvP/PvE game and for various reaosn I’d like to be a damage dealer for once.

After playing my thief it just seems it doesn’t fit any meta outside of solo roaming and small groups, elemental is support mostly now so out of the other class. Wich ones are considered to be pure damage dealer ?

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Revenant my friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The most fun dps in my opinion is power revenant.
Reaper is also strong in terms of doing damage but lacks self survivability and needs support.
Dragonhunter is relatively easy to play but gets shut down by projectile hate and good rotation.
Mesmer has portal and moa which are very impactful skills with high skill ceiling. But it lacks a bit teamfight potential.
Warrior has good damage and sustain but just feels a bit dry IMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Revenant at first, then Warrior, Thief (need some skillplay), Guardian, Mesmer (need some rotation practice) and eventually ranger (depending on the build).
And if you want to play condi dps you can use Engineer or Warrior to condi burst.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Revenant my friend.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

So basicaly my choice are Revenant,warrior or guardian,mesmer if I don’t mind to lag a little bit behind ?

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

So basicaly my choice are Revenant,warrior or guardian,mesmer if I don’t mind to lag a little bit behind ?

Thief/DD has the problem of making you a glass cannon, but between the evades, blinds and stealth you should be fine once you learn the basics. Is mostly used as a +1 and for fast decapping due its mobility.

Herald is also another high burst character, with good mobility. Has better sustain, but is weak to conditions and lacks stability, so either they save a breakstun or they are done as soon as cc attacks start to rain.

Dragon Hunter does good damage and has sustain and defenses against both physical and condition damage, but has less mobility. Is easy to learn.

Warrior has more viable builds, eithe zerk, hybrid condi or bruiser, and is also very straight to learn, with better mobility than DH.

Necro/Reaper has huge access to AoE damage and/or cc, but lacks stability and active defenses, and everyone will focus them first, due how dangerous they are.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Most of the classes are dangerous if left free casting. Necros are not focused because they are that dangerous. They are focused because they are vulnerable to cc’s and easy to kill with little focus. Only defenses 2 dodges, 33% damage reduction and some plus health “IF” they have some Life Force that also degenerating + you tanking incoming damage so enemy almost instantly can get you out of shroud. In those matches shroud skills are completely useless it only works to soak up some of the incoming damage. Other than that you can have Flesh Worm after port almost any class can catch you that is not necromancer if they really want to zerg you.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Most of the classes are dangerous if left free casting. Necros are not focused because they are that dangerous. They are focused because they are vulnerable to cc’s and easy to kill with little focus. Only defenses 2 dodges, 33% damage reduction and some plus health “IF” they have some Life Force that also degenerating + you tanking incoming damage so enemy almost instantly can get you out of shroud. In those matches shroud skills are completely useless it only works to soak up some of the incoming damage. Other than that you can have Flesh Worm after port almost any class can catch you that is not necromancer if they really want to zerg you.

yeah your right. the class in every single team in ESL isnt dangerous. rrrriiigggghhhtttt

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Oh we are talking about ESL where every single necro player gets hardcore babysitted and ressed by teammates?

Sorry i talked about us soloQ necros as im not an ESL player and probably you aren’t too. Im talking to average-hardcore solo pvp players.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

So basicaly my choice are Revenant

yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Oh we are talking about ESL where every single necro player gets hardcore babysitted and ressed by teammates?

Sorry i talked about us soloQ necros as im not an ESL player and probably you aren’t too. Im talking to average-hardcore solo pvp players.

Take a look at this vid:

Min 04:51 . All nodes contested, Vermillion has score advantage, one of their guys is in downstate but Denial has also a dead player and another in downstate; then Drazeh’s Necro comes to cast fear over everybody, Denial finishes Trifin and then starts to snowball Vermillion. Finally, they win the match due that snowballing effect. A single cc from a Necro won the match for his team.

Necros/Reapers are focused because if you let them to freely cast AoE cc and damage your whole team will be dead much faster than your support players can save you.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Still you don’t see other things just ESL. Solo necro and ESL necro are two different things.
ESL necro have better survivability, better damage as the team makes it stronger, buff it, keeps it alive. Solo necro have lot worse survivability and as usually none cares about him have to do most things on his own. sometimes i don’t even get a swiftness in soloq. In soloq everyone kill necros because they are the easiest to kill. Easy tactic and works. But fix it for you:They are easiest kills and dangerous if left free casting, but who leaves them free casting? as they are easiest kills so they die and dead dps can’t be dangerous.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

your forum name is that youre CD key? lol

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Forsty.7968

Forsty.7968

that is a very interesting account name

in PvP

your forum name is that youre CD key? lol

Ya weird bug. I mean if it was really an error on my side, we would see the classical 4 RNG numbers at the end of my name. But no, its just my plain CD key.

I guess my ususal “venur” wasn’t accepted.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you want to dps, play everything but not a necromancer.
If left freecast it can be a problem but for shure not for his damage. it just corrupt boons and have a single combo to inflict damage, easy to see and avoid just by running away (Reaper Shroud 5-4), just run away with swiftness or clean the bleed+poison stacks at the end and all the necro damage is gone.

About necromancer AoE damage… I seriously don’t see it O_O
In the condi build the well of corruption inflict barely no damage and the staff skills inflicts the worst damage ever in the history of GW2 (but we’re Foprced to use it to build LF witht he trait and for have a decent Fear skill plus a condi transfer, nothing more. transfer that two skills into a offhand weapon with a decent way to build LF and no one will ever use the staff again).
Then, there’s the Scepter, that is the worst condition weapon of the game. (there can be the warrior sword, but when in berserker they can spam fireballs pressing F1…). The ojnly good thing it do is corrupt boons at the 3AA hit, but almost all the boon you will corrupt don’t grant you any condition damage.
Then, no, the necromancer is totally Not what you’re looking for.

About the ESL, if they was able to stack classes they will never chose a necromancer in they’re teams, just to don’t be forced to use an engineer that work all the match to ress up the downed necro, wait for his signet spam and start again to ress him.

If we look at ESL, I seen only a single Guardina and no Warriors at all. have we to buff them? They seems to be so weak that no one chose them! But ehy, there was Always a necro and an ele, that means that they’re way betters than guardians and warriors!!1!1!1!
Don’t make jokes, please. ESL is a non-class-stacking tournament with top tier players, specific teams with roles and the ability to play that roles. We’re talking about ranked matches, where there can be all the class stacking that you want, you can chose your best class combination and rule everyone as you wish spamming insane dps all over the map.

Do you want to dps?
revenant, warrior, guardian, thief, mesmer and eventually ranger (his pet inflict an insane amount of damage still if you play bunker).

(edited by Silv.9207)