Class limit

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Please limit the amount of classes per team.
Tired of going against teams with multiple guardians or rangers, its so annoying.
By only allowing 1 profession per team matches would be way more fair.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

That would only stack more guardians or rangers

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

It’s totally the opposite thing he’s asking for…
He’s asking for a limit of only one class for team, making the game more balanced with lesser class stacking (that with some classes is a huge problem).

I’m ok with that. But I don’t play any of the Op class of the moment, a guardian or a reve would be upset of that, finding queue of hours just why there’s too many players with his class.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

He’s asking for a limit of only one class for team, making the game more balanced with lesser class stacking (that with some classes is a huge problem).

I’m ok with that. But I don’t play any of the Op class of the moment, a guardian or a reve would be upset of that, finding queue of hours just why there’s too many players with his class.

“only allowing 1 profession per team”

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

…or Arenanet could take a look at the statistics and see “hmm those classes are often stacked, seems like we need a nerf”

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

a fun option but won´t bring a lot exitement …
I am quite shure he ment one class per match.
I am still for a basic thing to get MMR useful. One MMR per class and no class swaping after Q.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

My suggestion is to allow to que the MM only by roles. healer,dps, and tanky.

So when the match pops. Both teams will have 1 healer 3 squishy dps not tanky like in current meta, squishy like a focused necro and 1 class that can do tanking stuff. Class swap disabled. Changing role you queue with inside the match disabled. Thats how the matchmaking should work in my opinion. After that change we shouldn’t end up playing against close to unkillable comps with too high dps. Currently we have matches where: Team A: Unkillable + high dps Team B: Squishy + 0 dps.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

I think limiting ranked to two of each profession max, but still allowing class swap before the match starts would solve most of the issues with class stacking.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

…or Arenanet could take a look at the statistics and see “hmm those classes are often stacked, seems like we need a nerf”

Inb4 thief nerfs because of “thief only, i no swap”

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

It doesn’t solve the issue as the more tanky heavy dps one team have the more chance they will win. This is what my suggestion fixing. Restricting every team to 1 healer 3 squishy dps 1 tank comp.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Please limit the amount of classes per team.
Tired of going against teams with multiple guardians or rangers, its so annoying.
By only allowing 1 profession per team matches would be way more fair.

I’d personally say no more than two per team.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I agree with the 2 class limit. 1 class isn’t terrible either, but you’d be hard put to convince me that 2 of a particular class (like DH) is OP. It’s really not. 4-5? Yes, they can hold points like no other.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I think limiting ranked to two of each profession max, but still allowing class swap before the match starts would solve most of the issues with class stacking.

How would that solve the problem? Say DH is the most used class right now and the MM doesn’t want to stack DH. So you Q as a Thief. Then swap to DH once map loads. You end up with a team of 3 DH again.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Class limit

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

It doesn’t. When people go to character select when they’re already in a match, they should get an error message when they try to load their DH telling them that their party has reached the max limit on that class, assuming they already have 2. People should still be able to switch though, preventing switches just reduces the already limited strategic aspect of Conquest.

Class limit

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

It doesn’t. When people go to character select when they’re already in a match, they should get an error message when they try to load their DH telling them that their party has reached the max limit on that class, assuming they already have 2. People should still be able to switch though, preventing switches just reduces the already limited strategic aspect of Conquest.

OK that I totally agree with.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I disagree here. It´s much easier to tell people you play what you Q.
You can adapt build but not switch class. And most players won´t load another char annyway.
Especially because MMR system needs to be per class ..

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

fighting 3 rangers isn’t fun, really. or 3 stealthing thieves who take turns spinning

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The best solution would be to balance the classes that are being overplayed. ANET doesn’t seem able to do that.

Failing that a limit on classes would help.

Mesmerising Girl

Class limit

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Why not both? It would cost far less resources to make a class limit, but yes balancing needs to continue.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

A debuff that takes your Win/Lose ratio of your character and if it is too high , then you get a extra pentalty in your MMR lose .
The more you win rate , the bigger MMR lose
You have to complete a 20-match-to-do list , such as collecting non-combat objetives , such as the side ones or heal/rez yourteam8s per game , otherwise the debuff stacks (if you keep winning)

Captain Kuro

(edited by Woof.8246)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

A debuff that takes your Win/Lose ratio of your character and if it is too high , then you get a extra pentalty in your MMR lose .
You have to complete a 20-match-to-do list , such as collecting non-combat objetives , such as the side ones or heal/rez yourteam8s per game , otherwise the debuff stacks (if you keep winning)

A MMR penalty for wining would increase the win ratio, since you face players with worse mmr instead of a better one, pleas restart your sarcasm, it seems malfunctioning

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

funny cause im almost always the only revenant in a match. but i go against 3 or more gaurdians and rangers constantly. for rev being such a op class it isnt played much. possibly because its a difficult class to play.

im bad at sarcasm

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

1 per class would be so boring i would never pvp again

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

A MMR penalty for wining would increase the win ratio, since you face players with worse mmr instead of a better one, pleas restart your sarcasm, it seems malfunctioning

If they implant a ’’Leaderboard’’
(at the 22day , ppl will whine that maintaning their position will be such a grind)
, you will normally get 12 LP(leaderpoints) and loose 18 LP
(i am sorry , but they wont implant Winning-Odds from season 1- > get rdy for additional wave of AFKers)
If you keep using the OP characters you are guarranted to get closer in the top of the Leaderboards and if you loose you loose 36 LP .
The debuff slighty forces you to try another character for 6 days , and if you dont then the Iddle mechanic from the Leaderboards drops you down .
If you are NOT a shell-fish player , but instead try to find a OP spec that have some team support/orriented playstyle you wont get punished

Low bugdet

kitten beer…
Edit: When a friendly player has 75% hp he get an ’’invisible’’ rank 1 ‘’HELP ME ’’ icon ….at 50% its version 2 …and rank 3 at 25% ….
By casting Shadow refuge …on a 50% friendly player (exept of myself) , regadles if he folloish enought to step out …. i get 2 out of 200 points needed .so the debuff wont progreesss/tack, after the 20th match ..
Because the Sadow reguge has 60 sec cd(because have high cd , i get more points needed to progress the bar) , and by casting it on a team8 and not myself i joeperdize to die and loose the game … i have to gable , either to win the match and be a selfish player or dont let the debuff …so i wont have to change my character later on

Captain Kuro

(edited by Woof.8246)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

OK that I totally agree with.

+1, Agree 110%

Hope it gets implemented in Season 6 but i’m sure, assuming it’s considered by Anet, it wont until S7.

Unranked should remain the same though – should only be for Ranked (clarification).

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

You shouldn’t be able to swap characters unless you also allow people to swap traits.
It’s not strategic at all to swap into a profession that hard counters your spec, and if you could change your traits you would negate there advantage.

As much as i want to see class stacking removed, the player base can not handle it the q times would be extreme.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Limiting one class per team would make the classes which are kinda overpower not have that much of an impact on the game.
A teams effort would make that class be easy to handle.
Also as a solo player I feel kinda forced to player professing like the ranger seeing how I would have a bigger impact on my team instead of a necro for example.
Finally this would add much more diversity to every single match instead of it being mostly made of op classes

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

So when the match pops. Both teams will have 1 healer 3 squishy dps not tanky like in current meta, squishy like a focused necro and 1 class that can do tanking stuff. Class swap disabled. Changing role you queue with inside the match disabled. Thats how the matchmaking should work in my opinion. After that change we shouldn’t end up playing against close to unkillable comps with too high dps. Currently we have matches where: Team A: Unkillable + high dps Team B: Squishy + 0 dps.

this game had no trinity sistem
and almost every profesion can do 2 or 3 of the roles
a ranger can be a healer, a tank or a squishy dps (the clasic powerranger)
a guardian can be a healer(not the best but can) a tank or run a burner in viper and be a very squishi dps
a warrior same a bad healer going whith a shout build, a tank or a dps
etc etc
how you implement the suposet role restriction

Class limit

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Limiting one class per team would make the classes which are kinda overpower not have that much of an impact on the game.
A teams effort would make that class be easy to handle.
Also as a solo player I feel kinda forced to player professing like the ranger seeing how I would have a bigger impact on my team instead of a necro for example.
Finally this would add much more diversity to every single match instead of it being mostly made of op classes

+1

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

this game had no trinity sistem
and almost every profesion can do 2 or 3 of the roles
a ranger can be a healer, a tank or a squishy dps (the clasic powerranger)
a guardian can be a healer(not the best but can) a tank or run a burner in viper and be a very squishi dps
a warrior same a bad healer going whith a shout build, a tank or a dps
etc etc
how you implement the suposet role restriction

according to anets recent post we now have a dedicated healer. so

im bad at sarcasm

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The only way I could see this work is basing it off of what class you queue with and not allowing character swapping when the map loads up.

If that were the case, I’d be totally fine with limiting classes to two, possibly one per team.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

Imo

Limit 2 class per team. (3 should NEVER happen)
PvP balance needed. (some classes are obviously over performant, vice versa)

Class limit

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I would love to see some class limit in ranked play.
But I really don’t know how to implement this.

Sometimes the profession distribution just drives you crazy. Enemy team gets 3 DHs 1 druid 1 scrapper while your team has 2 thieves and 3 mesmers…