Classes grossly imbalanced on stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

classes like engis (didn’t see that coming) s/d thieves are way too op, while builds like power ranger were made even stronger (crazy mobility with an even more open shooting area)

(edited by Jae.5138)

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

Of course devs need to know if classes are unbalanced but try to be constructive!

What builds in particular, or attributes that you can find in a build have you found to be particularly imbalanced

Its the first day of a brand new game type being introduced to the community at large! Of course its imbalanced, if you find its too unbalanced to be playable then wait until they sort that aspect out!

From a personal point of view, two things stand out. The ability to heal (useful for lord, gate breakers, team fights, etc) combined with the ability to knockdown/stun/immobi. Both Engis and Staff elementalists have these to different degrees and so far I’ve found them to be the strongest in the gametype. But I can think of a place for just about everything at the moment! Even a really tanky build can work on wearing down enemy spawned heros while staying alive, can hold attention and suppot in a team fight. Its really opened up build choices!

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

mesmer is quite strong in this kind of map . I see also that dps builds work quite well in stronghold ( s/d engi , mesmer , sf ele and so on ) and turrets eng is really strong if you put it at your enemy spawn …

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Hasn’t it been out for like, less than 6 hours? How on earth would you know the classes/specs are overpowered yet? Maybe you got qued against the Best Engi, S/D thief, or Power Ranger in the game by chance and they’re actually weak on this map? Man, some people are so quick to QQ it literally burns my eyes.

P.S. Writing that something is OP with nothing else to follow up with will never be taken seriously. Try using your observations and telling the community/devs what you think should be done about these “overpowered” classes/specs on this map. When you open and finish this forum post with just “QQ they’re overpowered it’s been 6 hours and plz nerf,” you’re just asking for E-drama more than a 12 year old girl on Facebook.

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Jae.5138

@Extreme – I have played it. Several times, actually. These are obviously just speculations from what I had seen so far.

@SimpleKingly – It wasn’t because the thieves/engis were super good. It’s simply because there’s WAY too many corners, ledges, etc. that makes infiltrator strike ridiculously strong. Also the fact that supply cap/boss cap can only be prevented by CC makes those with ridiculous CC’s and staying power – i.e. engis – very strong.

@jonnis – I agree that cc’s are really strong. One thing I noted was that as for the melee, there’s simply no room for one unless the melee has lots of staying power (e.g. guardian) or stealth. There’s also hardly any room for classes with low mobility (e.g. elementalist and necro).

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I might see why enigs would be quite strong on this map but I honestly think it’s too early to say. And I definitely don’t agree with rangers being overpowered there, you can LOS so much their range means basically nothing.

in PvP

Jae.5138

I might see why enigs would be quite strong on this map but I honestly think it’s too early to say. And I definitely don’t agree with rangers being overpowered there, you can LOS so much their range means basically nothing.

if your goal was to survival, that’s very true. but yeah i agree that i exaggerated by saying they’re very overpowered, just quite strong.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

classes like engis (didn’t see that coming) s/d thieves are way too op, while builds like power ranger were made even stronger (crazy mobility with an even more open shooting area)

Include: ele . That is why i will not buy expansion until these class are challenge with risk-reward. Not no challenge-reward only.

There is 5 other mmo game that will release expansion this year include next year: yes they are challenge, fun with risk-reward. I will not lose anything if Arena net continue to not make these class stay the way they are.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

How is engineer overpowered? not saying I agree/disagree, just want to know what you guys are thinking. I haven’t seen anything op with respect to this game type for any class except Ele.

in PvP

DarkSyze.8627

How is engineer overpowered? not saying I agree/disagree, just want to know what you guys are thinking. I haven’t seen anything op with respect to this game type for any class except Ele.

Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

First of all, that’s WvW, Second of all, all classes can do some variation of that.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

DarkSyze.8627

First of all, that’s WvW, Second of all, all classes can do some variation of that.

stronghold, wvw= open field= no serious change= no serious affect on these classes.

No Change= No Seriousness. If No change to these classes, do not take anything serious.

Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Include: ele . That is why i will not buy expansion until these class are challenge with risk-reward. Not no challenge-reward only.

There is 5 other mmo game that will release expansion this year include next year: yes they are challenge, fun with risk-reward. I will not lose anything if Arena net continue to not make these class stay the way they are.

Based on your post you lack serious understanding of gw2 active combat. It might be better for anet and everyone else not to have you in pvp/wvw because all you’re doing is whining and posting situational videos on youtube without knowing why these builds work. Feel free to not play pvp/wvw because I’m sure the community doesn’t want you anyway.

Tour

in PvP

Laraley.7695

The amount of cc is pretty good honestly, they’re good as roamers and seems like they can push lord alone.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in PvP

DarkSyze.8627

Based on your post you lack serious understanding of gw2 active combat. It might be better for anet and everyone else not to have you in pvp/wvw because all you’re doing is whining and posting situational videos on youtube without knowing why these builds work. Feel free to not play pvp/wvw because I’m sure the community doesn’t want you anyway.

6 You don’t learn from negative customer feedback

“As Bill Gates’s famous saying goes: “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” If you approach negative feedback with the level head and the right attitude, you’ll see a great value in it for your business. Your customers are your best critics and when they’re not happy with your products, services or customer experience with your brand, they simply show you where you need improvements. So why not use it to your advantage?”

Ankur

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

“As Bill Gates’s famous saying goes: “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” If you approach negative feedback with the level head and the right attitude, you’ll see a great value in it for your business. Your customers are your best critics and when they’re not happy with your products, services or customer experience with your brand, they simply show you where you need improvements. So why not use it to your advantage?”

Umm are you saying “s/d thieves are way too op, while builds like power ranger were made even stronger (crazy mobility with an even more open shooting area)” this is constructive criticism? Its more of this class is op so plz nerf and that class is op so plz nerf. You do not specify how or why those builds are op, on the video you do not consider that most of the time he/she was not on 1v1, nor was he/she fighting against people that use optimal build for roaming/1v1. You maybe a consumer, and you maybe unhappy, but if your reasoning is similar to that of an angry 5 year old, there is no value to it. Also have you ever heard of L2P? Maybe you didn’t because you never play pvp/wvw. That said, how can you judge certain build/certain class is op since you never played such mode?

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Isnt static discharge one of the hardest engie builds to pull off. It has super low sustain, and ofc that video is in wvw where most people suck :p

a better example of why engineer is overpowered is cele rifle or turret. Turret isnt really that OP, def not as useful in stronghold. Cele is also not really OP, but definitely needs to be fixed since you have good damage and great sustain. The problem with engies compared to other classes in this map is that you need ccs to stop channels and doorbreakers, and engies have a ton of ccs.

Ofc stronghold is on its first day of testing, and i dont think we can say any classes are GROSSLY imbalanced but i have a feeling engies will be brought up again. They seem to benefit alot from this game mode.

in PvP

Jae.5138

Umm are you saying “s/d thieves are way too op, while builds like power ranger were made even stronger (crazy mobility with an even more open shooting area)” this is constructive criticism? Its more of this class is op so plz nerf and that class is op so plz nerf. You do not specify how or why those builds are op, on the video you do not consider that most of the time he/she was not on 1v1, nor was he/she fighting against people that use optimal build for roaming/1v1. You maybe a consumer, and you maybe unhappy, but if your reasoning is similar to that of an angry 5 year old, there is no value to it. Also have you ever heard of L2P? Maybe you didn’t because you never play pvp/wvw. That said, how can you judge certain build/certain class is op since you never played such mode?

i literally explained why two posts down the thread. my god. way to go on a rant even without the slightest skim through the thread.

in PvP

DarkSyze.8627

Isnt static discharge one of the hardest engie builds to pull off. It has super low sustain, and ofc that video is in wvw where most people suck :p

a better example of why engineer is overpowered is cele rifle or turret. Turret isnt really that OP, def not as useful in stronghold. Cele is also not really OP, but definitely needs to be fixed since you have good damage and great sustain. The problem with engies compared to other classes in this map is that you need ccs to stop channels and doorbreakers, and engies have a ton of ccs.

Ofc stronghold is on its first day of testing, and i dont think we can say any classes are GROSSLY imbalanced but i have a feeling engies will be brought up again. They seem to benefit alot from this game mode.

I understand what you say and i am glad you agree that engineer is a problem and need fix. Last: other class need to benefit a lot from this game mode; not only engineer. You are also correct about engineer problems.

See this video: (not to argue)

Ankur

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

i literally explained why two posts down the thread. my god. way to go on a rant even without the slightest skim through the thread.

Because all you just wrote can be apply to conquest mode in gw2, especially in waterfall in legacy of foefire. Yet people don’t complain that LOS spots on waterfalls are op. Also the map is big enough and have objectives as such that you don’t have to stay on one point to get cced/immobed down. You can also LOS, call for teammate support, or even run to your base for reset since you can still damage your opponents through gate.

Engies do have a lot of ccs, and it maybe OP because they have so many ccs readily available at cds, but keep in mind that this is team game, so you can communicate with your teammates to focus down engi if its cele or simply channel at different times because there are two hero channeling spots. Also heroes themselves are very easy to kill as they ignore players entirely so you can spin off different strategies instead of whining.

Keep in mind that specialization will also impact the entire meta and the class structures so why base your argument on current meta when the map is staying only for 1 day and you don’t have any clue on what’s coming for HoT patch?

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Anyone try turret engi on defense yet? It’s hilarious. Set up your turrets in a spread out formation (to avoid AOE cleave) and sit near the gate with rifle. Put thumper turret right in the path of the npcs so it tanks/KDs/snares them. If you get low on hp, pop behind the gate to get your heal off safely.

You can safely hold off 2-3 players + npcs like this.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Anyone try turret engi on defense yet? It’s hilarious. Set up your turrets in a spread out formation (to avoid AOE cleave) and sit near the gate with rifle. Put thumper turret right in the path of the npcs so it tanks/KDs/snares them. If you get low on hp, pop behind the gate to get your heal off safely.

Sounds interesting but I want to keep some of my brain cells, which would playing turret engi make impossible.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I do feel that Stronghold favors those that have strong AoE buffs, so primarily Guardian, Warrior, and Elementalist, simply because they have the easiest time keeping the NPC’s alive. Without the constraints of capture points, AoE debuffs and damage is much weaker than in conquest.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I do feel that Stronghold favors those that have strong AoE buffs, so primarily Guardian, Warrior, and Elementalist, simply because they have the easiest time keeping the NPC’s alive. Without the constraints of capture points, AoE debuffs and damage is much weaker than in conquest.

I disagree, I feel like zerker specs are favoured, not support. There is no need to run support specs since there’s no point holding, many ways to LOS and killing stuff faster is an advantage. You probably take on support class, though, but I do feel like aoe burst specs have better time on stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It will only be another source of problems if they attempt to balance a game around all the different modes (what is balanced in conquest may not be so in either death match or stronghold and the same holds true for each) and that is without taking either WvW nor PvE into account (both of which are at the balance mercy of spvp).

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Yah, I saw a turret engineer literally doing nothing and killing all the NPCs that came her way. She just stood there.

However I was able to work around her by pulling the guards away from her and killing those. She was helpless to stop me. With the guards dead it didn’t seem like she could kill the breakers fast enough, and when the gate opened she couldn’t stop us from walking through.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I disagree, I feel like zerker specs are favoured, not support. There is no need to run support specs since there’s no point holding, many ways to LOS and killing stuff faster is an advantage. You probably take on support class, though, but I do feel like aoe burst specs have better time on stronghold.

Zerker specs can spit out boons through might rotations and blast fields just fine. They can still put down water fields.

The thing about warrior/ele/engi/guardian is that they’re full of utility since the skills they have themselves have high utility to begin with, without heavy need of traits to support people. Hell, ele gets all these fields for free, as does the warrior with might stacking and curing movement impairment with warhorn.

Meanwhile classes like necro/ranger, and even mesmer outside portal don’t bring as much to a group. None of those classes have any serious access to boons for the group or combo fields and combo finishers to speak of. They’re selfish classes.

The thief by contrast is also a selfish class, but it’s the best at what it does (damage and mobility for spiking down and harassment). Necro, ranger, and mesmer have little to write home about.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The only classes I see being weak in this format are guards and necros.

The stronger classes seem to be Mesmer, Thief and Ranger based on around 25 matches today. I’m not mad about it. Bring on the zerker PvE content into PvP! I’ve been having a great time.

I’m sure us folk over in the Mesmer forum will have more builds being testing and posted within the coming days. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mass-Test-Stronghold/first#post4976856

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Classes are just grossly imbalanced entirely. No game mode required. The imbalance is atrocious and has finally inspired me to give away all my valuables and uninstall this game. :>

Hell, it’s so bad that I’m tempted to reinstall just to delete my characters so that I have even less of a reason to even think about coming back to this garbage.