Cleansing Ire - Combustive Shot "bug"

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Quoting the patch notes:
“Cleansing Ire:
Updated the description to clarify that conditions are only removed if the burst skill hits.”

Combustive Shot on Warriors is still clearing conditions without having to hit any enemies with it, despite of this “change”.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Combustive shot is a duration skill, so it counts as a hit regardless, because of the field it leaves behind.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

in PvP

Posted by: Calazor.8364

Calazor.8364

i think warrior is in a good spot now

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

actually it hits. it hits ground lmao

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Combustive shot is a duration skill, so it counts as a hit regardless, because of the field it leaves behind.

I understand what you’re saying, but it seems illogical to me. There’s no way for it to miss/not clear if you just target the ground. Thank you for your reply either way.

@Texbi: Worry about trying to get into the game instead of trolling me!

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Yup it was intended to only cleanse on enemy hit.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its a Earth l2p (dodge) issue.

Given changes the size of a planet are needed, warrior will be balanced in about 10.000.000 years

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

if combustive shot is prevented from reaching the ground (like firing it inside a swirling winds) it cleanses nothing, so it does need to hit (the ground).

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Hur dur I’m a wuriuuh, I don’t want to have to hit people!!!!1111

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

adozu.6398

that’s pretty silly to say considering that out of all classes the warrior is the one that needs the most work to hit anything (no instant/no-projectiles skills like necro scepter autos or ele air attune hit, no blink hits like steal or judge intervention, no instant long range aoes like lava font… all our skills are slow, highly telegraphed, no blinks and generally short range)

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

One saving grace for warrior it seems.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Its a ground targeted skill that creates a fire field. You dont need to hit someone to deploy the fire field.
Its not a bug, its working as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

hambot,
axebot,
greatsordbot new

Now why are warriors called like that?
Fix bow and nerf bot signet plz

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

that’s pretty silly to say considering that out of all classes the warrior is the one that needs the most work to hit anything (no instant/no-projectiles skills like necro scepter autos or ele air attune hit, no blink hits like steal or judge intervention, no instant long range aoes like lava font… all our skills are slow, highly telegraphed, no blinks and generally short range)

Most work to hit anything? When was the last time you saw a combustive shot?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

adozu.6398

aside from that skill?
is it really easier for a warrior to land his hits comapred to… let’s see…

minion necro?
shroud fear? /necro marks?
turret engi?
point blank grenades?
thief blinks? (not saying thief is easier to play than war, but skills are easier to land)
ele scepter burst? (this is tough because it’s fast but the individual casts are all istant)
pu mesmer crap?

i could go on with a list but what i mean is warrior has the most telegraphed skills out of all classes on average and almost no skills which allow no reaction time to your opponent.

yes, combustive shot is easy to land, there’s a reason war has been nearly pidgeon-holed into that weapon for the past year.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

aside from that skill?

minion necro?
turret engi?
point blank grenades?
thief blinks? (not saying thief is easier to play than war, but skills are easier to land)
ele scepter burst? (this is tough because it’s fast but the individual casts are all istant)
pu mesmer crap?

i could go on with a list but what i mean is warrior has the most telegraphed skills out of all classes on average and almost no skills which allow no reaction time to your opponent.

yes, combustive shot is easy to land, there’s a reason war has been nearly pidgeon-holed into that weapon for the past year.

LOL!!!!!!
everything you said is hilarious!!!! thanks

in PvP

adozu.6398

tell me it’s easier to play a warrior (whatever build) than a turret engi, go on. we’re waiting.

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

aside from that skill?

minion necro?
turret engi?
point blank grenades?
pu mesmer crap?

1. Whirlwind attack
2. Staggering blow (really fast cast-time)
3. Hammer Shock
4. Impale
are just a few of the warrior skills that land most of the time. Some people don’t realize that those skills that “miss” work in other ways, such as forcing dodges. If someone evades arcing arrow then pin down, they have no dodges left for a hammer shock or earthshaker which would force the person to use another utility or eat your full hammer rotation.

Everything you said is a player skill issue. And most of the Warriors I know have no trouble beating turret engineers 1v1 so again, player skill issue. Rar, wakkey, bob, etc.

necro

(edited by KarinaCO.6948)

in PvP

adozu.6398

you are missing my point:

“Hur dur I’m a wuriuuh, I don’t want to have to hit people!!!!1111”

because, clearly, landing a hammer shock is easier than a necro mark or a thief steal.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

you are missing my point:

“Hur dur I’m a wuriuuh, I don’t want to have to hit people!!!!1111”

because, clearly, landing a hammer shock is easier than a necro mark or a thief steal.

Don’t forget that warrior is one of the few class that only need to land ONE skill to win ? and they get multiple tries at it :o!

in PvP

adozu.6398

i’m not arguing warrior overall state, just contesting the fact that it’s east to land warrior comboes when in fact other classes have it just as easy.

in PvP

Posted by: SStelter.4712

SStelter.4712

Jesus christ, please be a bug and not intended. Haven’t we had enough of brain dead warriors?

Also, landing a hammer shock is harder than a thief steal I guess? But steal isn’t an aoe stun that also clears your conditions and then allows you to combo two more knockdowns. Oh boy, sure am glad they added Sigil of Impact! That’s just what Hambow needed!

God forbid warriors actually have to hit someone with combustive shot instead of just kittenting it everywhere and getting free condition clears.

Notice Us Senpai [SAMA]
All your base are belongg to us [AYB]
Sylvari are people not produce [PETP]

in PvP

adozu.6398

thief steal only dazes you, gets your boons, teleports the thief in close range and provides it with useful bundles (in the most popular builds, but it could do other stuff such as healing, poison, weakness, confusion, ini regen, cd reset and whatever, don’t remember it all off the top of my head).

but that’s their class mechanic after all.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

If that’s the intended functionality then it’s a joke of a nerf.

Either cleansing ire should only proc on the initial attack, not on subsequent hits, OR (and this is my preference), the skill should be changed to a single-target projectile which leaves a field centered on its target behind only if the initial target is hit. The latter option should have the additional effect of curbing the warrior’s might generation capacity.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

They should simply redo it like they did with Thieve’s “Choking Gas”.
Giving the skill an impact that lands, and that impact determines if the fire field will go off or not, and whether Cleansing Ire should trigger.
Does anyone know if you can blind the skill, or destroy the projectile?
Or does Cleansing Ire trigger the moment you fire the arrow?

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Giving the skill an impact that lands, and that impact determines if the fire field will go off or not, and whether Cleansing Ire should trigger.

I still haven’t tested that yet but are you saying that Choking Gas only trigers if you hit someone? I thought the only change was the reveal on hit.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

thief steal only dazes you, gets your boons, teleports the thief in close range and provides it with useful bundles (in the most popular builds, but it could do other stuff such as healing, poison, weakness, confusion, ini regen, cd reset and whatever, don’t remember it all off the top of my head).

but that’s their class mechanic after all.

Looks like we have a warrior player here
Keep defending warrior plz! It’s so hard to play!
So many stability, so many cleanse, so many immunity, so much HP and regen!
Now signet of rages gives even more adrenaline = more cleanse!
But that’s still not enough, we need more!!

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

I still haven’t tested that yet but are you saying that Choking Gas only trigers if you hit someone? I thought the only change was the reveal on hit.

Nope. Sry for the bad explanation and confusion.
It does not only trigger if you hit. But they added a “hit” which reveals thieves.
What I meant was simply that Combustive Shot should have such a “trigger-hit”, which should be blockable, blindable, and dodgeable. Without the hit, the fire field should not trigger.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

aside from that skill?

minion necro?
turret engi?
point blank grenades?
pu mesmer crap?

This about sums it up.

Looks like a player skill issue.

I could not agree more.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

L2P, ground! Stop taking all that pounding! Could you dodge just ONE of these in your lifetime!

in PvP

adozu.6398

“Does anyone know if you can blind the skill, or destroy the projectile?”

it can be destroyed and negated by every projectile absorbing skill, reflecting skills also destroy it if i’m not mistaken (but whitout the reflecting bit), this puts the skill on full cooldown.

“Now signet of rages gives even more adrenaline = more cleanse!”

the amount of adrenaline signet gives is negligible, and it’s active got nerfed so your point is?

also i got no player issues sorry, i sit comfortably in the somewhat-above-average tier and play regularly 4 out of 8 classes in pvp and wvw and warrior isn’t the easiest to play.

btw easy to play does not always mean strong.

as an example i consider my necro a lot easier to play, insatnt ranged cc, ranged tracking skills, marks that have no distinguishing tells… it’s weaker than warrior because it lacks in important areas but that doesn’t mean it’s harder to play mechanichally.

(edited by adozu.6398)

in PvP

KrisHQ.4719

I actually tested various ways to destroy the projectile.
What I found out:
You cannot blind the skill. You will only blind the first impact, and not blind the fire field.
You can destroy the projectile with Swirling Winds or Zealot’s Defense.
You can dodge the initial impact, but it will still leave the fire field.

Nothing new there.
But
Interestingly enough, I found out that the skill is blockable.
If you have Aegis or another block, and the projectile hits you directly, you will block the projectile and the fire field will NOT be created.

So there are two ways to make sure Cleansing Ire does not trigger.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

there is nothing wrong with the skill, it creates a fire field and it is working as intended.

like others have mentioned, if you are a lone guardian, and the warrior pops combustive shot, a well time aegis will prevent the fire field from being created, now, this is a bug.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

There are so many things wrong with the above statement.

1. It is a fire field that in addition burns, deals high direct damage and is also twice the size of most capture points.

2. If you honestly fire your projectile – which only has to make contact with the ground to take effect – through your enemy, then shame on you.

3. To be upset that such a potent skill has counters be this one near impossible to achieve if the warrior is competent, shows the true lack of risk vs reward involved in playing a warrior.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Quoting the patch notes:
“Cleansing Ire:
Updated the description to clarify that conditions are only removed if the burst skill hits.”

Combustive Shot on Warriors is still clearing conditions without having to hit any enemies with it, despite of this “change”.

Quoting the patch notes:
Adrenaline Burst Skills:

Using these skills now causes adrenaline to be spent even if the skill fails to hit.

Sounds like the same bug that caused Combustive Shot to drain adrenaline on a miss pre-patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Quoting the patch notes:
“Cleansing Ire:

Ppl asked about this way long ago since always worked like this, combustive shot always hits if it lands on the ground cause it’s a field (Proof is that even before “adrenaline spent when you don’t hit” patch combustive shot always used your adrenaline…while other f1 skills only spent adr when they hit)…cs always hits and it’s intended cause target is actually the ground…always had been like that, and since it always hits it always procs ire (Keep in mind you can still block it making war spend his adr while not removing condis…like d/d eles exploiting earth block bug love to do in 1v1 on point..yeah i’m looking at you so called “top” ele players..oh…ops..think i was told to not tell anyone bout this kitten…well…too late..or maybe just tired to 1v1 d/d godmode eles blocking all cs and killing you with burning, permavigor ofc..gl landing earthshaker..)

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

like d/d eles exploiting earth block bug love to do in 1v1 on point..yeah i’m looking at you so called “top” ele players..oh…ops..think i was told to not tell anyone bout this kitten…well…too late..or maybe just tired to 1v1 d/d godmode eles blocking all cs and killing you with burning, permavigor ofc..gl landing earthshaker..)

You mean this one??
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ring_of_Earth

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

like d/d eles exploiting earth block bug love to do in 1v1 on point..yeah i’m looking at you so called “top” ele players..oh…ops..think i was told to not tell anyone bout this kitten…well…too late..or maybe just tired to 1v1 d/d godmode eles blocking all cs and killing you with burning, permavigor ofc..gl landing earthshaker..)

You mean this one??
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ring_of_Earth

Ofc and it’s not meant to keep blocking projectiles 2 seconds after it ends

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i cant kill warriors pls nerf huhu

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend