Cleric guardian

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

as I remember – back in the celestial meta times cleric guardians were still good/ok but were not needed as celestial builds could sustain themselves. Now that the cele amulet is gone cleric ele made it back to the meta. How come guardian didnt?

enthusiastic noob

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Elementalists got Tempest, a healing/support oriented ES.

Guardians got Dragonhunter, a control/damage oriented ES.

Power creep has pushed almost all core builds out of viability. This includes core Elementalists and Guardians of most forms. I have actually seen a few bunkery Guardians around, but I would not say they are meta.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Lots of boon removal and unblockable skills makes the old bunker guard pretty difficult to play.

You probably have more luck with an old ele aurashare build. Not the offensive ones, but the defensive ones.

Or even a shoutbow warrior, dunno, never really tried that one.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

It just depends imo on class composition. After all alot of solo que is generally just a group of random people thrown together. Cleric guardian is not optimal I guess but if you get placed with a pug group, and you notice no one is playing some kind of sustain class (don’t laugh it happens!) Then your cleric guardian may be a helpful addition.

Having said that people will then say, if you gonna go sustain, and see one is missing from the team then you should just swap to ele or druid. But they forget that skill plays a part too. If you are more familiar with guardian cleric, but have no real idea or just basic understanding of healing sustain for druid/tempest. Then you might be better off as your cleric guardian. Because swapping to a class you have little to no understanding off may prove more of a hindrance than an asset to the team. That said, it is good to practice or know well at least two other classes so you can swap as needed. This makes for good team work, and better harmony for the group. Oh, and don’t forget to consider what the enemy team is playing too. A mix/match of your skills to help your allies against the enemy team. It’s all about what YOU can bring to the team.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Guardians don’t tank well against necros, and 100% of all ranked players are using necro right now.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

I don’t think it’s 100%, and core medi guard was a beast against condi necs, smite conditions anyone? xD But most everyone only prefers DH. That said if a DH catches you with his spear o’ JOOSTICE, and the nec has no lifeforce it’s gg. But those are just variables. Chaos theory, and all that jazz.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Maybe if you adjust the build from shouts to medi, though no clue if thats even closely effective.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

I don’t think it’s 100%, and core medi guard was a beast against condi necs, smite conditions anyone? xD But most everyone only prefers DH. That said if a DH catches you with his spear o’ JOOSTICE, and the nec has no lifeforce it’s gg. But those are just variables. Chaos theory, and all that jazz.

Smite condition is in no way a viable counter to necros, 2 conditions removed every 16 secs…

basically you HAVE to run CoP and convert 4+ conditions that must include chilled into resistance and other boons and try to burst down the necro before he enters shroud. Otherwise you need to bail immediately.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Your virtue removes 3 conditions on activation, your smite condition removes two, and can critically hit. You will most likely also be using the trait that smites conditions on a heal. Contemplation of purity is a stun breaker, and uncorrupts all conditions on you into boons. Your math is silly, trying to look at it like it’s some play, and the actors have to play their parts. Because when it comes down to it from blocks, to evades, to cleansing to sklll involved I am sure a medi guard can still prove to be a tough fight even for condi reaper. Is it viable? No idea, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t noone dared to try so far, cause they all want to believe only DH works.

Sometimes, just sometimes it is okay to think outside the box into the realm of possibility. That’s something math can never answer.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s not just the condi clears guardians have to worry about, it’s the boon corrupt of reapers and the lowest possible health pool.

Obviously any sort of cleric build on any class is going to be relatively durable, but cleric guardian is not a good matchup for reaper. It doesn’t help it would be effectively impossible to even threaten the reaper, who is free to do whatever the hell he wants to you.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

It’s not just the condi clears guardians have to worry about, it’s the boon corrupt of reapers and the lowest possible health pool.

Obviously any sort of cleric build on any class is going to be relatively durable, but cleric guardian is not a good matchup for reaper. It doesn’t help it would be effectively impossible to even threaten the reaper, who is free to do whatever the hell he wants to you.

We went from cleric guard to dps guard now I think lol

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Elementalists got Tempest, a healing/support oriented ES.

Guardians got Dragonhunter, a control/damage oriented ES.

Power creep has pushed almost all core builds out of viability. This includes core Elementalists and Guardians of most forms. I have actually seen a few bunkery Guardians around, but I would not say they are meta.

Every so often I see a bunker guard in high diamond.

Might as well afk if he’s on my team, worthless AF spec

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Riku.1093

Riku.1093

cleric guardian was an underground build before the launch of hot and it was extremely strong. it doesnt work now because DH and necro do way too much damage for tanks or cleric builds to compete

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Tempest has more condi cleanse, direct heals, boons, damage mitigation (50% from enhanced protection + frost aura), anti-projectile, invuln, mobility, everything.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

Your virtue removes 3 conditions on activation,

wrong, the DH version only removes condis when it lands, it gets interrupted WAY too often and goes on full cooldown without any condis removed or heals.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Your virtue removes 3 conditions on activation,

wrong, the DH version only removes condis when it lands, it gets interrupted WAY too often and goes on full cooldown without any condis removed or heals.

Wasn’t talking about the DH version, was talking about core medi guard

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

core mediguard is an outdated build that would have problems facing even HoT elite specced thieves.

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

There’s a few good Cleric Guardians running about, came across one yesterday in 3 different games and he never lost mid, paid him for the build and I ended up doing the same, never losing mid in my next 5+ games.

It has half decent damage, but the heals were too funny…. As for discussion on Necro, the build involves a tonne of condi removal with little to no boon application which renders most current Necro builds useless.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

core mediguard is an outdated build that would have problems facing even HoT elite specced thieves.

That is just not true at all.
(at least the condi variant)

The only hard counter is necros because they are like “lol here are all your conditions back.”

Cleric guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

There’s a few good Cleric Guardians running about, came across one yesterday in 3 different games and he never lost mid, paid him for the build and I ended up doing the same, never losing mid in my next 5+ games.

It has half decent damage, but the heals were too funny…. As for discussion on Necro, the build involves a tonne of condi removal with little to no boon application which renders most current Necro builds useless.

Is that a bunker guardian build but playing with meditation and not shouts so you have less boons to corrupt?

Staff and mace/shield?

I have made a build like that after january 26 patch and it was great to play with.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/