Client crashes forcing desertion

in PvP

Posted by: False Spirit.1240

False Spirit.1240

Q:

Is anyone else having this problem?

In a couple of recent PvP match ups I have found myself, about 1 minute in, with a frozen game. It then takes about 3 minutes to decide that the client has crashed and there is a server problem. It’s not the internet on my end as nothing else has stopped. But when it finally acknowledges what has happened and shuts down so that I can re-open my character and the fight, upon completing the match I am left with a long wait time for another game as I apparently deserted. I didn’t leave the match ANet, your servers shut me down. Is there anything that can be done about this because I find losing match time as punishment for mistakes that are out of my hands to be somewhat unfair and brutally disheartening. This feeling is doubled given that we are in League time right now.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Happened something similar:

Queue popped, got disconnected to the characters screen. Returned to the game and noticed that half of who was online on my friendlist dc’ed as well.

The option to accept the match was still on screen so I accepted and immediately got another disconnection to the characters screen again and so did those friends again as well.

When went back to the HoTM, it showed that the match was about to begin so I waited about 15 seconds and nothing. I was already thinking that got stuck on the matchmaking since nothing was happening when the message that I abandoned the queue showed up and received a two minutes and half of dishonor.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’m also getting a lot of DCs, but it only happens when I’m in the Mists. It did happen once during game, but the game just ended so it wasn’t a big deal. Servers are having issues atm it seems.

Apparently the new patch fixed it, so we’ll see.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)