2 Teams of 5
Each base has a flag
Get opponents Flag and return to base to score a point, First to 3 Wins

Please, nothing over complicated, just keep it simple

Cmon Where is Capture the flag already?

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I think many gamemodes would actually work in GW2 and I’d love to see them.

But CTF is definitely not among those.

Have you ever actually thought about what would happen? Flag carrier bursted in 2 seconds. next flag carrier bursted in seconds. It would be a deathmatch.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I think many gamemodes would actually work in GW2 and I’d love to see them.

But CTF is definitely not among those.

Have you ever actually thought about what would happen? Flag carrier bursted in 2 seconds. next flag carrier bursted in seconds. It would be a deathmatch.

Flag carriers got buff. Problem solved.

It is just the matter of design. Everything is possible.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in PvP

Posted by: benOTK.4961

benOTK.4961

I’m still looking for the source, but I believe Anet said they tried out capture the flag and it didn’t work out too well, so they didn’t really pursue it. So, we ended up getting Spirit Watch instead.

I’ll edit post with source if I can find it.

NA: Jove Ralis – Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I’m still looking for the source, but I believe Anet said they tried out capture the flag and it didn’t work out too well, so they didn’t really pursue it. So, we ended up getting Spirit Watch instead.

I’ll edit post with source if I can find it.

They’ve tried CTF and other gamemodes before settling with conquest, not spirit watch.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: benOTK.4961

benOTK.4961

They’ve tried CTF and other gamemodes before settling with conquest, not spirit watch.

Yeah sorry, I guess my post was confusing. I didn’t mean Spirit Watch was the game mode they settled with, I meant Spirit Watch was the CTF style game they implemented, instead of a true CTF.

NA: Jove Ralis – Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I also think CTF wouldn’t really work. As much as I love the game mode, GW2 is in precisely the wrong place for it to work. There’s too many interface barriers for it to be like a shooter CTF, and it’s too fast to be an MMORPG CTF.

I think a tug of war mode might work, where control is fought over a dolyak or something and the dolyak slowly moves toward the base of the team that has control. That would allow for secondary mechanics too but I don’t think we could reuse most of the current maps for that mode.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

Isn’t this like Spirit Watch???