Colin Johanson plays turret engi?

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

See attached screenshot from recent tentonhammer article.

Attachments:

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: delivert.3256

delivert.3256

Although he came

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Although he came

That’s quite out of context.

Besides, to OP. Playing Turret Engineer isn’t anything bad. Abusing it and using bugs in conquest is. I don’t mind if you place your turret somewhere in Queensdale.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Lethal.2879

Lethal.2879

So that’s why they don’t nerf turret engi!
I don’t tell you to nerf it, it’s enough if you just remove them straight out.

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I tried turret/grenadier engi to defend mid, but you can’t cancel the channeling (when getting supplies) with simple attacks. You need interrupt skills to cancel getting supplies. I had 3 interrupt skills at my disposable (stomp turret, rocket turret, rifle knockback). Then I tried a burst class/build. It became apparent to me that focusing on being aggressive and rushing lord is a more effective strat than defending mid. I think they need to tweak things so Stronghold won’t be renamed to Rushlord and become boring fast. Some games last only 5 minutes.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I actually think Colin plays thief predominantly, but in this instance he has a Turret hybrid build.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

not only Colin. All developers play turret engi. Or shoutbow

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

A lot of times devs play builds that are either perceived as “too strong” and often those “not quite there yet” in order to better understand what makes them strong/weak so that they can make more intelligent adjustments.

I wouldn’t read too much into this.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I tried turret/grenadier engi to defend mid, but you can’t cancel the channeling (when getting supplies) with simple attacks. You need interrupt skills to cancel getting supplies. I had 3 interrupt skills at my disposable (stomp turret, rocket turret, rifle knockback). Then I tried a burst class/build. It became apparent to me that focusing on being aggressive and rushing lord is a more effective strat than defending mid. I think they need to tweak things so Stronghold won’t be renamed to Rushlord and become boring fast. Some games last only 5 minutes.

In fact, if you have strong teamfight group of 4 and one roamer you can pretty much deny the other team from getting supplies and make heroes their only option.

We tried something like that. Killing initial mob wave and just planting on mid. Considering that many already crafted their build for roles like dedicated support or supply runner, 4 of us were perfectly able to deny any supply access for other teams. While one remaining was either slowly pushing their gates or taking care of both trebuchets. Since others had no supplies, we had them exlusively and could abandon defending our gates at all.

That was quite effective (10/10 tries won), but slightly… boring. Because beta was time limited and we didn’t want to win every match by points or after 11-15 minutes, we let this tactic go.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

hotfix turret engineers plz

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Incoming turret engi buff

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

A lot of times devs play builds that are either perceived as “too strong” and often those “not quite there yet” in order to better understand what makes them strong/weak so that they can make more intelligent adjustments.

I loled at this.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Which one of them plays necro?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Wait a dev actually has played necro ?

Oh darn it I got my hoped up again.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Wait a dev actually has played necro ?

Oh darn it I got my hoped up again.

Logic if necro made release or even alpha someone played and has to be playing it I… guess?? All speculation tough the necro could have came from the trash can in disguise.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Even mesmer which dev mains it?

Is this the reason why certain classes get buffed and others are on the lower end of the spectrum?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

lol it all makes sense!

the skyhammer that took a year to get rid of
and the turret engi meta

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

As of recently, Karl had been PVPing on his necro. It was his last class to 1000 games played, but he has currently been playing it (it it does sort of show too, with the FitG changes and so on).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Sagat.3285

As of recently, Karl had been PVPing on his necro. It was his last class to 1000 games played, but he has currently been playing it (it it does sort of show too, with the FitG changes and so on).

That was needed with stab change lol they still forgot thief’s AE… I do not get your “and so on”. So basically none have been playing it GG, it wouldn’t hurt admitting a mistake and work together to fix it but if his gameplay provided downed states fixes and an expected change of a trait then just GG.

At least we can learn from them how to play turret engi.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

/Colin smile troll JPG with turrets all over the point

in PvP

Posted by: TheDarkFlameX.9301

TheDarkFlameX.9301

I think I actually heared at some point that he mains an engi.

In that case, turret engis will slowly take over PvP, making a prophecy come true: the Turretseeker Prophecies. A prophecy that is like the Scarab Plauge on kittens, much slower, however more precise. And there is no cure!

In the end, the very few survivors, will get infected with an evil laugh: “Nothing is off the table!”