Colleseum

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Finally a fun pvp map, I was wondering when it will finally be added to the Ranked (seasonal) roster of maps. It’s on beta for quite a while, and imo it’s one of the best and most balanced pvp maps. It’s also a quite honest maps as it promotes fighting instead of cowardice as many current maps do

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Cowardice?
In that map there’s the largest possibility for a thief or a mesmer to active a teleport and flee untouched over a wall, making you totally unable to catch him…

But yes, for all the other things it’s a really balanced map and i’d like to see it on ranked.

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It’s definitely a map for thieves with the exception of very small node sizes. No issues with the map though, I find it enjoyable.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

It’s an extremely good map for any class (usually thief) to take marked targets and +1 over walls.

Otherwise, open map with decent obstacles to kite around.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Should add steps or a jump spot to these areas. They did it in Forest and Khylo…

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Should add steps or a jump spot to these areas. They did it in Forest and Khylo…

horrible idea. jumping down should force a player to commit, and committing should take some map awareness and game knowledge to do so. forgiveness mechanics ruin good plays.

besides its not a very long ways to just walk around.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

horrible idea. jumping down should force a player to commit, and committing should take some map awareness and game knowledge to do so. forgiveness mechanics ruin good plays.

Funny how classes with teleports don’t have to commit they can just leave whenever.

The biggest issue with the map is a the distance as the crow flies between the side nodes and mid is too short. Classes with shadowsteps such as thief, guardian, and rev can teleport directly from a side node into mid and vice versa. Meanwhile classes that don’t have to run the long way around.

The other problem is that it’s too flat and open. The amount of distance from a node to a viable LoS spot is too high.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Actually, the side nodes have plenty of LoS blocks close to the point. The middle point is really the only open one.

As for the teleports, really isn’t a huge issue since it doesn’t take long at all to simply run around. I feel it gives Thieves and what not just the right amount of mobility advantage they need without being over the top.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Colleseum

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

I mean… its always been that way. don’t forget leaps doe.

as for distance, hasn’t been an issue in my experience but there could be something done about it.

wouldn’t mind a couple low objects around mid point but other then that seems fine for los spots.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE