Community's thought on condi thief in ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I’ve made my thoughts clear on this type of build in the past. What does everybody else think of condi thief builds? Superior to the meta D/P build in any way?

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Similar to dragonhunter. Very strong for almost no skill investment, but top players can reliably counter its linear nature.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’ve only just started getting back into the game again.

D/D Mender Ele, Lightning Rod build with Aura share and condition cleansing via runes/sigils… They can’t touch me or my team without stunning themselves (static aura spam).

In short, they are useless and easily countered.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Elyxia.2943

Elyxia.2943

you counter builds … or you get a counter (condi clean, burst) so easy

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

I started thief out a few weeks ago on condi(s/d). It was alright! I think it had a measurable impact on games for how I used it. I almost never saw condi thieves at that time, oddly enough.

But then I switched to power d/p, and found myself simply contributing much better.

I finally encountered one enemy condi thief earlier today. Might not be the best example, but despite all his movement tools he was easy to pin down and destroy. He didn’t pressure us enough to put us on the defensive.

There’s basically only one way to run condi. Get in, dodge around, escape. No burst, no practical condi weapon skills, and you’re sure as heck not going to be staying in combat with no dodges. The moment everything gets cleansed off, you have to bolt and forfiet anything you were trying to accomplish. I can see this being good in a coordinated duo, but not solo queue.

Power D/P is just… better and more fun, allows you to pressure people out of a teamfight without needing to stick around long, and lets you still do a little damage while kiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If we talk about condi d/d: low skill, high reward in low ranks. Is absolutely useless in higher ranks because people are actually capable of timing their spells and have enough condi cleanse.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Elyxia.2943

Elyxia.2943

you start with the combo (shoking gas) steal + evade (best combo) i have 2 traps and the pain rune = more aoe condis + cc. vs good player you need to time your condis

with s/d you can steel boons + evade + condi clean + hybrid dps thats the trick.

vs some build you need a kite-.- no vs all.

(edited by Elyxia.2943)

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

d/d condi thief is eh. Sure they have invuln frames, nothing else.

sword/d longbow is a little more legit, that second shadow step is pristine for juking melees. Of course it’s not an amazing build, but it’s nice if the enemy is expecting meta thief/your team is all power.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_S/D_Condition

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

For PvP, everything thief related balances out by the fact you need to defend and hold points. Thieves are terrible at it. When it comes to their strenght in mobility, power or condi becomes irrelevant.

Now if only this balance existed in WvW, sigh…

sword/d longbow is a little more legit

I dont consider a longbow thief legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

sword/d longbow is a little more legit

I dont consider a longbow thief legit.

Longbow thief should be nerfed out of existence, imo. Fix it Anet!

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

d/d condi is trash overall, as it’s only decent against specific 1v1 and absolutely useless everywhere else.

s/d condi is pretty good.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Funny how here people with logic on how things work knows that s/d isn’t op, yet in the other post theres nothing but “it needs to be nerfed its too strong” comments

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

It’s garbage. A d/p thief can easily outrotate a condi thief. Biggest mistake thieves make is trying to fight a condi thief 1v1. Let him have the point, you won’t win, but you’ll +1 faster than he will and same with roaming decaps.