Comparing seasons

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

I think anet made a lot of improvements from season 1 to season 2 it was much better balance and matchmaking. And more pleasant experience good job anet and I hope season 3 will be even better.

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

For me its hard to say,

Season 1 was really unfair from different perspectives. Ruby/diamonds teaming with amber and emeralds and crushing lower level players. You had issues with MM where alot of people were fighting ESL teams when we were in emerald. The the DC/pip/randomness.

Season 2, They fixed the smurfing but they allowed previous season legendary players a free pass. I mean i didnt even really try this season and i started the season 45-8 and that was over a 2-4 week span. We have all heard of people getting to legendary in 3-5 days. I do like the PiP win streak and the bug fixes such as winning a 4 vs 5 and not getting a pip like in season 1.

Overall i guess season 2 is better simply because the meta is slightly better but its hard to change since we still have the same problems. We went from a slow paced rotation game to a fast paced rotation game.

Build diversity is at a low and the gap between the best classes and the bottom classes are at its greatest since GW2 has started.

Maybe since i plan to take a brake from the game but the 2 seasons are blurred together for me with very little difference other then the amount of kills and trading points in the games. Literally all the same class are still dominating so for the last year its been ele,rev,necro,scrapper,mesmer, and a druid. They all have been using the exact same build though because really each one only has 1 good build.

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

What is the aim of PvP? It is having close matches, testing your abilities against other players and get stressed/busy.

Season 1 reached the aim. It was probably unfair in that sense that league rank did not fully aligned with skill. However, the matches were (comparetively) even and often the win/loss could have been decided by a coin-flip.

Season 2 did not manage to reach the aim in many matches. I can remember many many blow-outs (win or loss). It is not much fun, when it either makes no sense to leave the spawn or when you basically have to wait in front of the opponent’s spawn hoping that they will move out and you can actually do something. Then you queue again just to get the next blow-out. It got slightly better at the end of the season. However, the blow-out ratio (losing team less than 250 points) during my last 10 games is still 50%.

If I have to chose, I would go for season 1 straight.

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: Caedrion.6104

Caedrion.6104

S1 top legendary had ( if im not mistaken) x14, even with amber/Emerald farm grps.. season at an end and we see x32 on a supposed FAIR MMR Vs Pip’s system… the way it is now is just a broken mess of a system or ppl actually got almost 3x better between seasons..

S1 wholeheartedly , bring it back as 30+ losing streaks and 500-20 blowouts cant just be due to lack of “git gud” alone.

Regards,
nFs

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Season 1 put a variety of MMR players on the same team, forcing good players to carry bad players. It’s not fun to have to play with people who are way worse than you. The discrepancy between player skill on one team could be huge. This is why unranked matchmaking is often such a facepalm, except season 1 matchmaking was even worse because player pip-range (which was not correlated to skill at all) meant a lot for matchmaking, so the spread in player skill on any individual team was even bigger than unranked.

Season 2 didn’t do that, which was a major plus in it’s favor. We all know the downside of this (people with very low win-rates), but I’m just reminding everyone that Season 1 was even worse.

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

S1 is less carebear, a lot of thoughts were put into the pip design, I can see that. S1 problem was due to tanking abuser and match system variety.

S2 is carebear, pip design is thoughtless. S2 pip design is target to swiftly increase the population at all division, quantity over quality. Matchmaking system seems rather bias, selected players get to breeze through, reports of players making alt account has easier time to reach legend than main account.

Overall, I would prefer S1 pip design and improved S2 matchmaking system of no biasness.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think anet made a lot of improvements from season 1 to season 2 it was much better balance and matchmaking. And more pleasant experience good job anet and I hope season 3 will be even better.

Are you trolling?!?

Season 2 had much worse match making, leading to lots of completely unfair/pointless matches. If I look at my last 10 ranked matches every single one of them was at least 200-300 point difference win or loss, except one which was 375-500. There was NOT a single evenly scored match e.g. 450-500 or 500-450. Where is the fun of having 15-500 losses or wins?

The match making algorithm is so EPIC fail that Arenanet should really address a big public apology and offer some compensation for time lost.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

the only fails of season 1:
-unclear pip asignement
-fair machmaker but exploitable(the major fail is because players exploiting this)

fails of s2
-mm

no, s1 was not worse, players make it worse exploiting the mm sistem, and now in s2 the exploiters get a reward via a viased mm….
THX ANET

and for those who talk about the “pros” carring and other kittens: a league sistem whith random teams is it: we can get matched whith everyone on our div or pip range againts a team generated of random people in the same div/range, not a trick who generates magicaly top teams vs noob teams

(edited by megilandil.7506)

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

My only major issue with S2 is the fact of the juiced in MMR from last season giving a notable edge in composition. Which should never have been the case.

I found S1 more fun, matchup wise and closer versus S2 which had mainly blowouts that could easily be determined within 5 minutes.
However, S1’s major fail was the abuse of lower tiers and higher tiers together which amusingly enough only got REWARDED in S2. Logic.

Meta wise, both were pretty cheesy. I wouldn’t say one was better than the other, but S2 did have alot more restrictions with the loss of other build options.

Duty is heavier than death.

Comparing seasons

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Both seasons were bad but for different reasons.

S1 had a completely broken Mesmer and rev. Matchmaking was decent later in the season

S2 didn’t have anything as broken kitten, but condi Mesmer, power rev and ele were very annoying. Matchmaking was worse than S1.