Competitive Game Settings

in PvP

Posted by: TheSoulTkr.6928

TheSoulTkr.6928

i play on mac and i am setting myself up for GW2 competitive pvp to get better and hopefully build up a pro team. My peripherals are a razer deathadder chroma logitech g13, and the apple magic keyboard incase i need to type. i am setting up a discord server and using a separate laptop for communication because of my limited hardware. i still need to prioritize certain game settings. which in sPvP are the main settings to go for.

in PvP

TheSoulTkr.6928

it should be noted that i have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB DDR5 graphics card, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 6MB L3 cache i use an app to permanently turboboost my mac, and finally a 250GB flash storage unit. with these settings i can effectively hit medium all settings while removing shadows and refections because those destroy my fps.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Some of those metabattle settings are simply bad for competition. The in game settings are good though.
First of all the UI might be better at Large or Larger since you will be able to easily see your CDs without taking your eyes off what’s happening. I personally play at Large with 1080p.
Also the 30fps limiter is stupid. Enable 60 if your monitor is 60Hz or unlimited with Vsync checked if its higher like 140hz.
Graphical settings for animations and LOD distance need maxed (high and ultra respectively). Reason being animations will show skill animations easier. LOD distance will allow you to see enemies across the map (Keep to beach for example). Other graphics can be low bt I like terrain on high since it doesn’t cause fps drop.
Didn’t mention the new vertical and fov sliders but I maxed them. You can play at lower vertical imo if you need to cast skills behind you without turning your camera. Fov gives lets you see more across the whole screen, far more important than the size of your UI.
Obviously enable standard models.
Don’t worry about rotation speed maxed. In fact I have it at like 10% with 1400dpi. Accuracy is far more important than “speed” in terms of the mouse.

Gl man

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

TheSoulTkr.6928

ok thanks, i will try out these settings first and adjust from there.