Complaints I Have With sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Damedius.9145

Damedius.9145

From HS and PW spamming thiefs to 2v1 games sPvP is currently awful.

There is no balance in classes or anything to prevent games that end up 3v1 or 2v1.

Burst damage is out of control. If you don’t have a cc break up or some kind of oh kitten button, you’re dead.

This is the worst BG type of pvp I have played in an mmo ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

1) Ur 2 dodge > win vs 4 HS spamiing > they run out of resources
Or simply equip an utility to reduce -nutrilize damage for <<x>> secs

2) How would u balance the game ?
Name each class and how would u nerf-buff it

3) the CC breaker its up to u to decide if u want to livemore or replace it with a dps utility

4) Have u played lately other games , where u have to capture flags , while ur teamates middlefarm for 25 min , ignoring ur request to kill the enemy flagman ?
Name what BGS type u want

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Well, it’s definitely no GW1 PvP. That was very fun. Even if you were bad at it, it had a lot of mechanics that forgave mistakes and helped you learn. In GW2, not having a perfect build and knowing tiny variations in animation, etc, will result in almost instant death.

IMO it still needs a lot of work. I feel like the hotjoin games are actually more difficult and unforgiving than organized play, which is… silly.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

I also prefer GW1 PVP over GW2 PVP tbh. It’s very unforgiving and hard to get started with especially with all thieves atm.

in PvP

Posted by: TyrantV.4076

TyrantV.4076

I also prefer GW1 PVP over GW2 PVP tbh. It’s very unforgiving and hard to get started with especially with all thieves atm.

These are my exact thoughts.

It starts unforgiving but the more you play the more you get used to it. Also you guys should try different builds and not try them just for one game.

I was getting really furstrated with my ranger in PvP and tried everything until i found the short bow and a crit build + some survivability and i’m doing way better now.

Also, the more you play the more objectives you’ll learn to go for example getting chief and svanir whenever they spawn or controlling 2 points when the opponent starts to zerg one.

The pvp may not be perfect now but it does get better when you start experimenting.

in PvP

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

The pvp may not be perfect now but it does get better when you start experimenting.

This really.

First few battles I died left and right to pretty much anything (as a Guardian mind you) but after a bit of searching around I found what I prefer to play and am currently very much enjoying myself.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

I’ll agree that it’s currently full of thieves and the burst is annoying at times, but “awful” is a little harsh. It’s still tons of fun but not perfect. I think if they could get some of the burst in control it’ll be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: XronttiX.1906

XronttiX.1906

One thing thats really not working is the ganking/point system, right now on battlegrounds players cap a point and then rush where ever they can kill something or cap something, defending might not profit you that much.
its also silly that ganking gives you so much score, most players rather try and gank mesmer/thief for 30seconds than focus on the actual fight at hand and i mean 5 players looking at the ground looking for the real thing.

and my god who ever invented “raid on capricorn” god aweful map, unless you have a vanish or some skill to deagro sharks, there is no point to cap the underwater point.

why on earth would you have 2-3k hitting npc mobs in that place anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Drnkn Mnky.1835

Drnkn Mnky.1835

It’s the biggest gankfest i’ve ever seen and it gets worse everyday, its WvW on smaller maps, maybe all the WvW folks r in queue and therefore zerg in spvp as hell! I pretty much agree with XronttiX, the glory rewardsystem forces ppl 2 play like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

I’m a MM necro and I can take out 2v1 and 3v1 long enough for help to come. I am a support/point holding class. I am not built to take down characters fast. I play to my strengths. Not being able to kill all 3 in a 3v1 doesn’t mean its broke.

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I’ve somewhat given up on spvp for WvW until things get sorted out. It just isn’t that fun currently.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

It get extremely frustating, and that’s not even the correct word…..I’m r27 ele and currently gave up on sPvP and I play tPvP exclusively.

I mean every freaking game now you get chased down by 6 people just for being an ele and relatively spekittenng an easy kill, in the middle of poin fight, this mob will suddenly start focus fire on me and as I try to move away , I’ll notice 3-4 HS thieves spamming on me from the shadows.

They don’t care about capping points or anything, it’s everything about the kill, so as ele you get chased around for mins by a mob, like you own them money or anything.

It’s not like I go Rambo alone, it’s just that I get targeted above anything, really frustating…

in PvP

Posted by: spoodigity.4321

spoodigity.4321

Hot join pvp should have have smaller team sizes similar to tournies. I’m not surprised people think its too chaotic or insta die when the map is so crowded. Tournies are much more fun and strategic. Even taking it down to 7 or 6 per team would help.

(edited by spoodigity.4321)

in PvP

Posted by: Saereth.8306

Saereth.8306

I trend to agree, the main issue for me is balance. PVP was much more balanced in GW1. As an elementalist, against coordinated teams in tournament play, life is miserable, you are most often taken down so fast, even with excellent skill usage, timing, dodging and defensives that you have very little impact on the game play other than support DPS when you’re able to fulfill that role with S/D.

On the other hand, I roll up a thief and won 3 tournaments in a row having never played the class before. Did quite well with mesmer and warrior I won every single 1v1 encounter and most certainly contributed to the wins.

The game obviously shouldnt be balanced for 1v1, but in GW1 each class had another class/build they would excel as countering, it doesnt feel like that is the case for elementalist and engineer, those two classes feel very week.

With full toughness/vit/power build sitting around 17k health and 2800 armor, the elementalist can still be burst down with HS spam faster than they can even call for help more times than not unless they have every CD at their disposal and even then it’s usually a VERY close fight which generally results in the ele running/kiting to team members. If you are build glass cannon you of course get instabursted.

In world v world the opposite is true, as an elementalist you’re able to wreck with AOE damage from behind your lines making the class extremely strong.

In hotjoin, there are enough players, and less skilled players that elementalist feels just right, it’s a good challenge but players arent good enough from what I’ve found to shut you down that hard, that often.

Tournament play is the big issue here for eles and engineers.

Anet put out balance patches quite frequently in GW1 to really help pvp be competitive and rewarding, I hope they can accomplish the same here. As an ele player all through beta and over 70 tournament matches since launch I’m at a point where I just find it better for my team to roll with one of the other classes until there are some changes, which is unfortunate as I love the playstyle and feel of that class.

in PvP

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

sPvP is no fun cuz of 8v8, which IMO is way too many people for how small the maps are, so either they tweak the hot join server, so u can actually fight 5v5. If not, just play tournaments pvp like I do, way more fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

The PVP was much worse before people started building glass cannon.

Holy kitten was BWE1 painful, I never want to go back to 2 people hitting each other for 30 seconds just to dent the other guy.

Rapid fire PVP is far better than slow, turtle play. It’s more fun and requires better reflexes and more game knowledge.

As an example, I would compare 3v3 in TBC and Wrath to 2v2 in TBC and all PVP in Cata. If you die instantly, it’s honestly your fault, you should be reacting faster, preparing better, and killing them faster than they can kill you.

No one would play an FPS competitively that takes 10 headshots to kill someone or an RTS with “no rush 20” on. Player vs. Player combat should be fast, we’re not playing chess here.

in PvP

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

your crazy! it has thieves but its more full of mesmers!

in PvP

Posted by: Ecliptica.7509

Ecliptica.7509

I agreed with the score change… motivate ppl to zerg… (include me). At first i try to play “right” then i understand that the score rewards the zerg… so why i stand at the point and defend, when i always stay alone and have to deal with 6 furious player that throw all bottons on me… its not fun at all…

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

It get extremely frustating, and that’s not even the correct word…..I’m r27 ele and currently gave up on sPvP and I play tPvP exclusively.

I mean every freaking game now you get chased down by 6 people just for being an ele and relatively spekittenng an easy kill, in the middle of poin fight, this mob will suddenly start focus fire on me and as I try to move away , I’ll notice 3-4 HS thieves spamming on me from the shadows.

They don’t care about capping points or anything, it’s everything about the kill, so as ele you get chased around for mins by a mob, like you own them money or anything.

It’s not like I go Rambo alone, it’s just that I get targeted above anything, really frustating…

Easy fix:

- Don’t run around by yourself.
- Distract them and win the game.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

in PvP

Posted by: benhamann.9570

benhamann.9570

sPVP is very, very awful for ignorant players.

in PvP

Posted by: Dallas.2536

Dallas.2536

I trend to agree, the main issue for me is balance. PVP was much more balanced in GW1. As an elementalist, against coordinated teams in tournament play, life is miserable, you are most often taken down so fast, even with excellent skill usage, timing, dodging and defensives that you have very little impact on the game play other than support DPS when you’re able to fulfill that role with S/D.

On the other hand, I roll up a thief and won 3 tournaments in a row having never played the class before. Did quite well with mesmer and warrior I won every single 1v1 encounter and most certainly contributed to the wins.

The game obviously shouldnt be balanced for 1v1, but in GW1 each class had another class/build they would excel as countering, it doesnt feel like that is the case for elementalist and engineer, those two classes feel very week.

With full toughness/vit/power build sitting around 17k health and 2800 armor, the elementalist can still be burst down with HS spam faster than they can even call for help more times than not unless they have every CD at their disposal and even then it’s usually a VERY close fight which generally results in the ele running/kiting to team members. If you are build glass cannon you of course get instabursted.

In world v world the opposite is true, as an elementalist you’re able to wreck with AOE damage from behind your lines making the class extremely strong.

In hotjoin, there are enough players, and less skilled players that elementalist feels just right, it’s a good challenge but players arent good enough from what I’ve found to shut you down that hard, that often.

Anet put out balance patches quite frequently in GW1 to really help pvp be competitive and rewarding, I hope they can accomplish the same here. As an ele player all through beta and over 70 tournament matches since launch I’m at a point where I just find it better for my team to roll with one of the other classes until there are some changes, which is unfortunate as I love the playstyle and feel of that class.

17k health is too little, period. For playing against anything in sPvP. You cant blame the game for choosing to run around with 17k health, regardless how much armor you have. If you put on a knights amulet and swap out for whatever sigil you want, then you’ll have 22k+ and actually be able to take a burst.

Like you said its a different game in tourney than hotjoin or WvW. Just like in GW1, if you have a halls build, and you go into RA with it, its going to suck and vice versa. sPvP, unless you are willing to take the risk of getting blown up in 2 seconds you shouldnt be running with less than 22k HP and doing 10-20% less damage.

Lysander – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

I loled cuz whenever i saw a ele trying to cap i point i would just burst him a bit and lol while he was running for his life
then back to capping the point

Its pretty easy to scare elementalist

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: FrozenDream.1590

FrozenDream.1590

your pretty much overrating everything…..
i agree that this sPvP system is far from being good, basically because i just hate this capture point stuff, cause people just dont get that cap > kill and i really loved the HA / GvG in GW1 and hope that something similar to that will come again in GW2.

but tbh its far better than you described (and i dont want to go into details here)

plz note, that if its a pretty long discussion i may not have read every post,
therefore im sorry if i just posted some outdated stuff
also maybe a similar thread exists already, in that case im sorry for double post.

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

17k health is too little, period. For playing against anything in sPvP. You cant blame the game for choosing to run around with 17k health, regardless how much armor you have. If you put on a knights amulet and swap out for whatever sigil you want, then you’ll have 22k+ and actually be able to take a burst.

Like you said its a different game in tourney than hotjoin or WvW. Just like in GW1, if you have a halls build, and you go into RA with it, its going to suck and vice versa. sPvP, unless you are willing to take the risk of getting blown up in 2 seconds you shouldnt be running with less than 22k HP and doing 10-20% less damage.

I play with 17,6k on my low health based character and i do okay

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land