Complaints about core builds.

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

This is the same for every mmo ever. New expansion releases and it has something new and super cool. This was also the case with gw1. You needed some skills from every gw game. Then people who for some reason refuses to buy the expansion complain about being bad when they don’t have everything unlocked. Go buy the expansion!

Tell me a name of some team in high levels in some game who had only the core game without expansions.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I have HoT and i hate it. What your argument now?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

It should be that with the expansion you have more options than with the core game. Just options, not better ones but equal. The options themselfes should not be more powerful, the power comes with combinations. If you have more options you can create counters against those that don’t have options and you can adapt better to different gamemodes and styles.

So, a build with an elite spec should not be more powerful in every siuation than core build. But with elite spec you can adapt to a spesific situation and be better than core build, not because elitespec is more powerfull, but because it is better suited for the task.

To further make a point I take an example from another game, Planetside 2. In planetside you can buy guns with real money, those guns are not upgrades, but rather sidegrades compared to the default guns. So is planetside 2 pay to win? Some argue that no because you can’t buy power. I would argue that on some level it is P2W because you can buy options, if you have every gun in the game you can adapt to the situation at hand. If you want to storm an enemy point indoors you take a gun that exels at short range. On a field you want a gun that is accurate and doesn’t lose damage on long distance. You see how this works, if you have more options you can adapt better than those that don’t have those options.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

i have hot but i find , for engineer at least ( my main ) i find 2 kits old build more fun to play … scrapper is strong for pvp , perhaps the strongest builds now .. .but i play also for fun and old “instruments” should be competitive in any case…

in PvP

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I’m not paying 50$ for 20$ worth of content sorry I just can’t do that, I have standards. I have the core game I bought it long before the game launched. It was worth 50$. If you let Anet tell you that you are buying the expansion and they are throwing in the core game for free then you are buying right into their marketing. It’s a 20$ game wrapped in a 50$ package. I actually envy new players to the game because they do get a pretty sweet deal. Which a lot of them don’t seem to appreciate those perks. But I am not paying 100$ to get access to the same features they have. Standards, people, standards… When Anet prices HOT for 20-30$ I will think about buying it.

That being said, this post seems like it wants to start a flame war.

I don’t mind that the expansion is out I don’t mind that there’s new things to do in PVE that I can’t get to, because its new and I have to pay for it. I understand how business works.

But this is PVP where it’s supposed to be a level playing field and it’s clearly not. My biggest beef is that when you rolled a new character jumped into PVP and you would have access to all the skills before HOT was released. Except for that time when they made you buy skills with gold which was dumb. Thankfully they got rid of that. So why not now? Now to have access to all the skills in PVP you have to buy the expansion. That is Pay to Win.

When you play PVP it should be a level playing field and everyone should play from the same skill pool when there’s a break in the access of skills because of real world money that’s Pay to Win. I’m sorry I can’t be nice about that, it’s a fact.

I can’t think of a better way to advertise some HOT’s features than to let core players have access to HOT skills only in the PVP mode. How cool would that be? Would anyone have a valid complaint about that? That’s what an awesome game developer would do they would keep their PVP playing field fair and level like it’s supposed to be. They would also derail the hype train and develop good content that would stand on its own and not make players feel like they are forced into buying something to level the playing field.

I ain’t even mad, now I’m gonna go play.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)