Regon Phoenix.8215

People, who aren’t playing:
1) Druid ranger (support/damage)
2) Herald revenant (sword/staff)
3) Scrapper (any)
4) Daredevil thief (damage)
5) Tempest elementalist (support)
6) Dragonhunter guardian (support)
please, don’t play in ranked arena. Thanks.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Vex.9437

Vex.9437

why?i love playing core necro.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

what a stupid post people will play what the play in ranked
I for one will play what I like
thanks anyway

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

what a stupid post people will play what the play in ranked
I for one will play what I like
thanks anyway

This. Besides, if you’re seeing non-meta builds in higher tiers, they had to have gotten there somehow. Team or not, you have to have SOME skill to make progress. I don’t really see what the problem is.

Regon Phoenix.8215

3) Scrapper (any)

Ooh! Can I camp flamethrower? :P

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

For all other classes/builds there is unranked arena waiting for you.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

do not tell me where I can play thank you

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm reaper not viable in ranked arena ?

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I’m not going to lie if i play ranked games, i want to win, having someone play a weird, awkward, low performed build kind of ruin my chance of winning. I understand that’s not cool to tell what people to play but Anet destroyed the build diversity. PLEASE BE UNDERSTANDING!

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Awww… I got to ruby as a core necro

Pistol /Shield Engi though gets destroyed by necro sadly, which sucks cause it’s my favorite weapon set :p It’s good against everything but necs imo but no I do not go P/s engi in ranked.

Wonky build I’ve seen run into though was burn guardian. Which is silly against reapers since just about every reaper, and his mom has unblockable marks or carry warhorn. Or the passive trait that returns conditions….etc…etc…

(edited by Crimson Shi.5047)

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Awww… I got to ruby as a core necro

Pistol /Shield Engi though gets destroyed by necro sadly, which sucks cause it’s my favorite weapon set :p It’s good against everything but necs imo but no I do not go P/s engi in ranked.

Wonky build I’ve seen run into though was burn guardian. Which is silly against reapers since just about every reaper, and his mom has unblockable marks or carry warhorn. Or the passive trait that returns conditions….etc…etc…

hmmm what core necro build you run to get to ruby? can share the traits amulet skills etc ? XD

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t think the OP has any clue what they are talking about. Leaving out the a class in the top 2, reaper, shows that.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

No never. :p

/15charrsTrololol

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No never. :p

/15charrsTrololol

awww share pls XD

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

My Minion Master reaper got me all the way to ruby?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

My Minion Master reaper got me all the way to ruby?

Actually on one of my accounts, it did >_>

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

minion master reaper ? ruby ?
but how ?

i thought the minions get killed pretty quickly.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

but how ?

Actually I don’t have HOT on that account either so was MM core necro.
Deathnova is really handy in those instances even if they die, they spawn unblockable poison fields at their location of death. And since poison stacks in intensity now… well yes. But no they don’t die THAT easily.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

As someone pointed out above, if someone playing a non-meta build is put on your team, that means they’ve somehow managed to convince the game they’re as good on it as you are on your meta class. Meaning back off and let people run what they want.

If they get put on the enemy team, well, you’ve nothing to complain about now do you?

Sincerely,
A warrior who’s killed a great many reapers, druids, and scrappers this season.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

but how ?

They do, which can be a perk if it’s played the right way.

First off lots O minions eats AoE’s for my friendlies since the game doesn’t prioritize players over minions

So with a flesh golem, worm, and both fiends, plus a full rize contingent of 6 shamblings you absorb ALOT of AoE for your friends. And if your minions die its around 1k damage give or take and a poison debuff. Now imagine when someone wants to zerg 6 horrors and a flesh golem on top of themselves. Boom

You bring alot of CC to the table with Golem Charge, Bone Fiend root, Dagger 3 root, horn 4 daze horn 5 pulsing cripple, shroud 3 fear, shroud 5 AoE freeze, axe 3 boon strip and cripple dagger 4 blind+condi transfer and dagger 5 AoE weakness

((I run dagger horn, axe dagger for constant 25% speed from quickening thirst.))

In situations where your minions are up. ((Usually blood fiend, bone fiend and flesh worm)) Not only are they leeching HP each attack transferring any condis I get on myself every 10 seconds per minion but fleshie by himself can hit upwards of 1.2k damage a hit at 1200 range. Bone and blood usually hit around 500 to 600 each. This is all combined with me swinging a dagger at you like a maniac, rooting you in place for extra minion up-time and leeching tons of HP and half decent stacking toughness from each minion currently up.

Along side all this it provides a very big “WTF?!” Moment when they’re expecting a condi necro and 4 minions come running over the hill and a zerk necro starts tearing into you.

Now the build is not infallible. I suffer my weaknesses, someone who, in an extended fight, whittles my minions away for instance, can give me a very bad day. Big teamfights if not played and positioned right will wreck me fast, even with my ranged minions holding back and of course I still suffer a lack of stability like all necros. But all in all, if played right this build can be very effective. I usually dominate 1v1’s if the other player slips up once or twice and in 2v2’s if I have a competent buddy backing me up I can 90% of the time easily secure things into a 2v1 with a few well placed CC chains.

You guys wouldn’t believe how quickly someone crumples with a Charge, fiend root, dagger root warhorn daze, shroud fear into scythe slam.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

As someone pointed out above, if someone playing a non-meta build is put on your team, that means they’ve somehow managed to convince the game they’re as good on it as you are on your meta class. Meaning back off and let people run what they want.

If they get put on the enemy team, well, you’ve nothing to complain about now do you?

Sincerely,
A warrior who’s killed a great many reapers, druids, and scrappers this season.

You do you man, you do you. We are only as happy as we allow ourselves to be.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Nobody wants to lose a game, because of your crappy build.

Concern for ranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: zcpbwl.7056

zcpbwl.7056

who cares about your win, I play whatever I want in ranked games.