Concern: upcoming elite specs balance

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Kuya.6495, they have but feels they are fixing core by put it on steroids…. in another spec/trait… at least for guardian, feels it is a 2012 guardian with tomes on steroids…

I would sugest swap tune some traits up and others down in core guardian :\ to make it more overall pleasent to use with core, dh, and fb…

Edit: wow no forum bug!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Also just to add traits that are a must have currently to even be able to do anything (Good example are necromancer set traits which are incorporated into 90% of builds for years now) should be made baseline. Mostly the Soul Reaping Line is a good example of this with Vital Persistence being a must and Death Perception being used for most of the time. Both of these traits should just be made baseline. Soul Marks should be made into Staff skills as well as I do not understand why the Staff shouldn’t be considered a heavy Life Force generator. I got more necromancer suggestions such as Life Force generation ( 0.5% to 1% on all weapon skills which will open up other weapon combinations and builds) but that’s another topic lol.

Im sure many other classes have these nitches (such as Warriors defense line) but just stating one of the classes that suffers the most from a must run trait line.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

LinhZeri.6412, that is how i feel Virtues trait line should be for guardians :| but the traits on guardian core are a bit to much spreaded and some feel on the wrong trait… its far to dispersed and class get looses alot with that … hammer should be where shield is :|

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I predict that there will be loud calls for Mesmer nerfs within hours of release. We’re likely to see some of the same kind of harsh dialing down that Chrono got.

That’s not because the spec will be OP. It’s because it might be deceptive enough to fool some players.

Some months down the road, any new mechanic Mirage introduces may be shared with 1 or more other classes.

I’m actually pretty depressed about this even though I’m over the moon about returning to Elona.

Stacking that much condi pressure with just dodges is broken

And so, it has to happen.

Corrected it. Remember you posted your video of your gameplay? Remember how we all understood why you make the claims that you do?

Look at a certain skill level you begin to realize how this game’s balance really is. You also can identify extremely broken concepts before they happen based on your understanding of the game mechanics.

As a mesmer I do NOT want my next elite to be an AI passive OP damage build. Pass on that

It may or may not be as bad as you think. The reason I say this is because looking at other elites, they have a ton of passive condi removal or straight up denial (ele /warr I think will be great at these)

The next meta in my opinion is going to be about boon/condi hate and more burst looking at things at the start, then it will slide back into the bunker meta as they nerf things and forget to nerf defenses.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Fresh Air Ele is going to be pretty godly. With a grandmaster trait that removes condies every half a second when you have superspeed… such a thing removes the need to rely on water to remove condies. The Weaver also offers some interesting defensive skills, so you could potentially have a very well rounded Fresh Air ele, a vastly improved version of what you can have right now.

Ranger’s Soulbeast on the other hand… it seems very bland and their GM traits are utter trash.

Fresh air will be thief fodder still. Theory craft 95% of builds and the chances are thief will make them not viable on its own. You cant avoid thieves as they are fast so if your spec is bad vs thieves then you cant play it.

Doesnt matter what fresh air ele tries to do when they get 1 shot by thieves whilst being perma stunned

Indeed, pretty much. Yet, we still don’t know all of the dual skills or the Sword skills, there may be something there that might help them against thieves.

Also, Scourge doesn’t seem all that good at first glance to be honest. Poor mobility + no stability + no Shourd HP = …
Will the new Barrier make up for it? We don’t know yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I predict that there will be loud calls for Mesmer nerfs within hours of release. We’re likely to see some of the same kind of harsh dialing down that Chrono got.

That’s not because the spec will be OP. It’s because it might be deceptive enough to fool some players.

Some months down the road, any new mechanic Mirage introduces may be shared with 1 or more other classes.

I’m actually pretty depressed about this even though I’m over the moon about returning to Elona.

Stacking that much condi pressure with just dodges is broken

I mean if mirage has to spend it’s doge to burst, wont that mean they will not have their doge to deal with the on coming retaliatory burst? In an environment where mes will not have alacrity or shield for cover, nor the sheer amount of illusion generation chrono provides.

I think it’s a bit to early to call OP before we see how the meta evolves. Considering illusions are mostly going to pop with AoE anyways.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Fresh Air Ele is going to be pretty godly. With a grandmaster trait that removes condies every half a second when you have superspeed… such a thing removes the need to rely on water to remove condies. The Weaver also offers some interesting defensive skills, so you could potentially have a very well rounded Fresh Air ele, a vastly improved version of what you can have right now.

Ranger’s Soulbeast on the other hand… it seems very bland and their GM traits are utter trash.

Fresh air will be thief fodder still. Theory craft 95% of builds and the chances are thief will make them not viable on its own. You cant avoid thieves as they are fast so if your spec is bad vs thieves then you cant play it.

Doesnt matter what fresh air ele tries to do when they get 1 shot by thieves whilst being perma stunned

Indeed, pretty much. Yet, we still don’t know all of the dual skills or the Sword skills, there may be something there that might help them against thieves.

Also, Scourge doesn’t seem all that good at first glance to be honest. Poor mobility + no stability + no Shourd HP = …

Scourge and a fresh air ele will not be viable due to thief and mesmer. It doesnt matter what skills are added to these classes, they are conceptually just bad for anything other than fringe roles.

Barrier could be amazing and it wont matter . Thieves and mesmers will be invulnerable so often you cant hit them. A thief can just dodge around when you pop barrier and let it run out naturally and then spike you 100-0 in about 1 second. Same with ele, it doesnt matter if the fresh air spec has some amazing cds for protection because a thief or mesmer will be invulnerable (evade) constantly and then just spike them when the cds run out with a bunch of stuns.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Scourge and a fresh air ele will not be viable due to thief and mesmer. It doesnt matter what skills are added to these classes, they are conceptually just bad for anything other than fringe roles.

Barrier could be amazing and it wont matter . Thieves and mesmers will be invulnerable so often you cant hit them. A thief can just dodge around when you pop barrier and let it run out naturally and then spike you 100-0 in about 1 second. Same with ele, it doesnt matter if the fresh air spec has some amazing cds for protection because a thief or mesmer will be invulnerable (evade) constantly and then just spike them when the cds run out with a bunch of stuns.

While I think there is an uphill fight for ele to be an actual dps role, weaver MAY make fresh air scepter/focus actually closer to competitive. There are some decent utility skills that apply good, hard mitigation (stone resonance gives you barrier, twist of fate evades, breaks stun, and superspeeds, arcane shield still blocks, and lighting flash still alows gtfo). Besides great defense, the main thing fresh air ele was missing was just enough damage and mobility to make it competitive for its role. Weaver increases the damage a LOT with all those lightning strikes, and increases mobility by attuning to air even more often.

Fresh air can already 1v1 mesmers/thieves when needed, they just can’t really do enough, often enough in teamfights to compete with a thief at actually executing targets. With weaver, ele might fill this role just fine, with enough “extras” brought to the table (projectile hate, heals, cleanses through water) to actually be viable.

I can also see a bruiser weaver spec working, that takes every defensive trait it possibly can and recovers the old d/d brusier playstyle that has frequent constant barrier, cleanses, self-heals that help the team a bit, and good, constant damage.

Of course, more than likely, there will be 1-2 extremely broken specs that just ruin pvp for a good quarter to half the year by being so hilariously OP that potentially interesting specs never see the light of day, all because ANet’s balance cycle is hilariously inadequate. At least theorycrafting and testing will be fun!

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Have you guys seen Holosmith’s Photon Forge ridiculous power coheficients? I theorycrafted an HGH Holosmith build that could potentially have 20 to 25 might stacks with around 80% uptime, in addition to that, great condi cleansing and with Protection Injection+15s CD stun breaker that reduces all dmg by 50% (it should stack), you have one sturdy highly damaging motherfvcker.