Condi Mesmers.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

They’re abominations that are being exploited by hundreds of players. They’re easy to play and are very difficult to kill. They break PvP because they’re literally flooding the matches with their presence because everybody knows they’re overpowered. You’ve already had the chance to nerf them yet you did not even adress conditions at all.

,,Illusionary Counter’’ needs to be looked at. The sheer amount of utility this single skill brings is ridiculous and it must be toned down. Along with ,,Confusing Images’’ the scepter just puts out too much damage considering that it has such a low cooldown and the condition duration is high as well, not to mention the gigantic condi stacks that are put on the target.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

Typing from my phone so I’ll keep it short and sweet.

I hate fighting condi mesmers and I hate fighting pu condi mesmers even more.

But you’ve chosen two skills I’ve never complained about, mainly because they’re so obvious and because they only apply one type of condition. The big pink beam hitting you is super easy to dodge; and the animation for the counter is just as easy to spot. It even comes up next to their health bar. (You can also dodge after hitting the counter, evading the torment)

And since they only apply one the of condi, it’s normally not an issue to remove them.

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

He’s venting inappropriately. Frankly, Anet shouldn’t allow any nerf request threads like they do with the match up threads in WvW. Anet doesn’t base balance on them, and they only create hostility because 99% of the players who make them are angry because they lost and the rest have to deal with their irrational rambles against other classes.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

They break PvP because they’re literally flooding the matches with their presence because everybody knows they’re overpowered.

Yes we’ve all seen how much they dominate PvP tournaments.

Oh wait…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

They break PvP because they’re literally flooding the matches with their presence because everybody knows they’re overpowered.

Oh wait…

Just because something isn’t viable, doesn’t mean it takes skill and is fun to go against. Also just because d/d ele counters it, doesn’t mean it’s fine. LEARN rotations already people, please.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

They already have. It’s fill with the same mesmer haters.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

necros condi sending condi back conter condi mesmer
engi full condi remove power can kill condi mesmer
ele (staff, diamond skin, DD, but scepter) kill condi mesmer
war shout bow can’t be skilled by condi mesmer
ranger (i really don’t know the build it’s pretty tanky with a lot condi remove) can kill mesmer condi

Is mesmer Op?
All i can say is DD ele is far far stronger than this build.

(edited by Nina.4317)

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

MrKahwk.9524

Oh wait…

Oh sorry I forgot how much of a kitten everybody gives for tournaments. Yea of course we should base all arguments on tournaments, not on daily matches that regular players play in, allright.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

People will use any argument they can grab to make their point. No one here can really say what is balanced and what is not.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Oh wait…

Yeah I guess turret engi’s weren’t actually a problem since they weren’t in tournaments

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

MrKahwk.9524

Oh wait…

Yeah I guess turret engi’s weren’t actually a problem since they weren’t in tournaments

Yea all builds that haven’t been in tournaments for some reason PLS ignore that. Arenanet has to focus on tournaments it MUST be their top priority or else regular pvp will fall apart!!!

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

The problem is that people can’t say because this class is in a tournament, it is op. Also, they can’t say that because it is not in a tournament, it is not OP. What I’d like to see is less emphasis on what is OP and more emphasis on getting underserved classes (yes, even rangers) up to the level where they can have a significant role in tournaments.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

The assumption “It’s not viable in high tournament level so it’s fine” is simply stupid.

We saw this with the turret engi, this build created for months a super toxic environment in Ranked queue, the last spvp test seasons was dominated by Engi turrets, who carried in a super brainless way the entire team.

We analyzed condi mesmer pros and cons in another topic but for sure it’s not a balanced build and some changes is required.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Here’s the super secret techniques to countering it.

Bring a cleanse.

Cleanse at over 4 stacks of confusion/torment.

As with all mesmers dodge shatters.

If you see them raise the scepter as a block, wait it out.

Dodge the channeled beam with the excessive tell.

Really, it’s that simple. Sceptre is a single target weapon and is slow and clunky. You can even burst a condi mesmer with another player or simply get someone to +1 them while they’re messing around trying to make you kill yourself.

Oh and the final bit of advice, stay calm.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

They’re abominations that are being exploited by hundreds of players. They’re easy to play and are very difficult to kill. They break PvP because they’re literally flooding the matches with their presence because everybody knows they’re overpowered. You’ve already had the chance to nerf them yet you did not even adress conditions at all.

,,Illusionary Counter’’ needs to be looked at. The sheer amount of utility this single skill brings is ridiculous and it must be toned down. Along with ,,Confusing Images’’ the scepter just puts out too much damage considering that it has such a low cooldown and the condition duration is high as well, not to mention the gigantic condi stacks that are put on the target.

Condi classes are the easiest counters to Condi Mesmers. They have very little condi removals.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Mesmers have little access to Burning, the most powerful condition at the moment; so I’m a bit puzzled as to where this is coming from. The two skills you complained about: Counter and Images: both have very obvious tells that makes them easy to avoid. A lot of popular builds with a modicum of condition cleansing can deal with a Condi Mesmer pretty effectively.

My guess is you play a build with very little cleansing, in which case any condition build will wipe the floor with you, not just Mesmers. I should also point out that unlike most condi builds, Mesmers rely on skills with obvious tells (Shatters, Counter, Images) and the effectiveness of their conditions depends on what they’re opponent is doing (running around, spamming skills), so losing to a Condi Mesmer is much more likely to be a L2P issue than to say a Burn Guard.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

MrKahwk.9524

Mesmers have little access to Burning, the most powerful condition at the moment; so I’m a bit puzzled as to where this is coming from. The two skills you complained about: Counter and Images: both have very obvious tells that makes them easy to avoid. A lot of popular builds with a modicum of condition cleansing can deal with a Condi Mesmer pretty effectively.

My guess is you play a build with very little cleansing, in which case any condition build will wipe the floor with you, not just Mesmers. I should also point out that unlike most condi builds, Mesmers rely on skills with obvious tells (Shatters, Counter, Images) and the effectiveness of their conditions depends on what they’re opponent is doing (running around, spamming skills), so losing to a Condi Mesmer is much more likely to be a L2P issue than to say a Burn Guard.

Sure if you can evade attacks from a stealthed mesmer, which after stealth you need a couple of seconds to focus him and plus he has stuns, dazes which can lock you down in order to hit those condis. I am not going to run several condi cleanses just because there’s one or two severly overpowered condi classes. I have to fight other classes too, and for them I need my usual utilities that synergize with my traits. The End.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Sure if you can evade attacks from a stealthed mesmer, which after stealth you need a couple of seconds to focus him and plus he has stuns, dazes which can lock you down in order to hit those condis. I am not going to run several condi cleanses just because there’s one or two severly overpowered condi classes. I have to fight other classes too, and for them I need my usual utilities that synergize with my traits. The End.

Stealth is only going to cover for Images, Shatters aren’t any less obvious in stealth and I shouldn’t have to explain why Counter in stealth doesn’t work.

Condi Mesmers typically do not have a lot of stuns and interrupts (the majority will only have Diversion and Chaos Storm), that’s more of a Power Mesmer thing.

You don’t need a lot of condi cleansing to deal with a Mesmer, as I mentioned given the obvious tells of Mesmer condi application you can generally mitigate them the same way you’d deal with Power bursts.

If you’d like to post your build(s), perhaps we could give some pointers.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

This comment has been deleted by the Illuminati

Alerie Despins

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

send a cele dd to 1v1 them…cele dd solves all problems

#balance

Ark 2nd Account

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Condi mesmers are nothing in terms of damage compared to other class Condi builds (eles, guardians, rangers, thieves, engis…).

The only thing mesmers have as an advantage is increased sustain through stealth IF they take PU.

If they don’t take PU then every other class does condi better than mesmer, especially since the MtD nerf and loss of clone death traits.

Once PU is nerfed and The Pledge is changed, this is a non-issue.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Oh wait…

Just because something isn’t viable, doesn’t mean it takes skill and is fun to go against. Also just because d/d ele counters it, doesn’t mean it’s fine. LEARN rotations already people, please.

I disagree. For example, the posters like the OP here are far less skilled then average player, hence the post and its tone.

Also, building your toon is part of the skill. If OP runs wrong build, wastes his dodges / blocks by executing them at wrong times, builds zerker for +1 then tries to tank a cap point with it, etc. that is very much part of the skill and many more possible combos actions and inactions.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

#balance

How exactly does sending a d/d ele to suicide vs them solve the condi mesmer problem? Unless the ele is running diamond skin (which less than 1% of eles run), it will get destroyed by the condi mesmer.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

I honestly CAN not see how a build that relies so heavily on Invis while their pressure is applied can be serious problem in PvP.
Invis is REALLY strong when backed up by burst, but in PvP, constant condi pressure while you are camping invis is a serious disadvantage in conquest.

OP what is your build? Do you have reliable condi clear?

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I honestly CAN not see how a build that relies so heavily on Invis while their pressure is applied can be serious problem in PvP.
Invis is REALLY strong when backed up by burst, but in PvP, constant condi pressure while you are camping invis is a serious disadvantage in conquest.

And then you realize while they cant indeed cap a point, you cant leave it either, espesially in 1v1 situation. Your choices are;

1. Have hope for someone to come up from your team and help kill him (SoloQ situation)
2. Get rekt on a point. Mes won and capped the point.

The fact alone that you mention the ability to stealth while putting pressure on someone suggests that something is off here.

obey me

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

And then you realize while they cant indeed cap a point, you cant leave it either, espesially in 1v1 situation. Your choices are;

1. Have hope for someone to come up from your team and help kill him (SoloQ situation)
2. Get rekt on a point. Mes won and capped the point.

The fact alone that you mention the ability to stealth while putting pressure on someone suggests that something is off here.

I have no clue what you are saying

As someone that runs Engi most of the time, which is considered extremely weak to condition and ESPECIALLY to confusion, I can safely say this is an L2P issue.

You have so much counter play vs them. Its not even funny.

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

wow ppl saying condi mesmer are op. finally!

common on tournament pu is not good for condi build.
thus almost every class can steal a point in 1v1 as mesmer will need to use distortion or phase retreat off point (if its small point). objective achieved.

with all the burning out there (my highest stacks on me was 31!!!) versus 2 dd ele and 2 burning guard on point i tried to hold till my team came they covered the whole points with aoe i had to retreat – lol and you say condi mesmer are op while dd ele can go cele and do better condi dmg and sustain and support

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Oh wait…

They weren’t a problem, incompetent players were. This cycle will never end. There will ALWAYS be a class or build that gets targeted by the forum witch hunt.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Op new unofficial meta = condition spam. To survive vs all crap out there right now, run burn guard, d/d ele and necro and pretend youre pro. Purpose is to spam as much condition on your target before the target can spam condition on you. Only condition crap can counter condition crap. The one last standing = win. Work them buttons, become pro at the buttons! Take a course at how fast you can click 1-5 on the skillbar over and over until enough conditions has applied…..Sense my sarcasm…

The people answering that youre below average at gameplay is most likely not true. So look at that metabattle…scroll down from the “metabuilds” look further down…and find the disease condition builds under “great” or “good”. There you go.

And no its not a matter of learn to play. Just go and pick one of those classes and then youre good to go, see how the health melts without any effort. Takes a whole minute to learn the builds. Youre welcome.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

#balance

How exactly does sending a d/d ele to suicide vs them solve the condi mesmer problem? Unless the ele is running diamond skin (which less than 1% of eles run), it will get destroyed by the condi mesmer.

all condi mesmers i’ve seen so far just disengaged from 1v1 with cele dd cause they couldn’t kill the ele and couldn’t contest point either since going on point would have ended with a pretty dead mesmer

Ark 2nd Account

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

#balance

all condi mesmers i’ve seen so far just disengaged from 1v1 with cele dd cause they couldn’t kill the ele and couldn’t contest point either since going on point would have ended with a pretty dead mesmer

All condi mesmers you’ve seen so far were bad then.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

#balance

wait are you actually saying that there are some good condi mesmers too? Good mesmers don’t run condi so it makes no sense..

Ark 2nd Account

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

#balance

wait are you actually saying that there are some good condi mesmers too? Good mesmers don’t run condi so it makes no sense..

Not exactly true. If condi mesmer is a cheese build, then people who are good mesmers would be extremely good on a build with high base potential

But this whole discussion is moot. I don’t understand why people keep trying to balance around solo queue. It’s not how that game was constructed. Find a team or lose to the builds which capitalize on inadequate team play.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Condi Mesmers.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

#balance

Not exactly true. If condi mesmer is a cheese build, then people who are good mesmers would be extremely good on a build with high base potential

But this whole discussion is moot. I don’t understand why people keep trying to balance around solo queue. It’s not how that game was constructed. Find a team or lose to the builds which capitalize on inadequate team play.

condi mesmer is easy to play and pretty cancer…but it’s not what mesmer is supposed to do in team (Burst, portal, boon removal, cleave and so on) and if you need a condi spec there are way better options around….mesmers have a specific role in comps, condi mes is totally useless for that that’s why you won’t see condi mesmers outside those running it for trolling pugs in soloq

Ark 2nd Account