Condi Reapers = Really Not That Great

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I play all 9 classes in pvp….only way to get my money’s worth for buying expac. The pve portion is a boring mindless grind dump.

And I already know about the thieves and warriors underpowered fiasco.

My focus on this thread is the Condition Reaper.

Frankly, it’s not that great.

Aside from counter plays, there are 3 counter builds that render them useless. They are diamond skin tempest, daredevil and mallyx herald.

But Their hardest counter is the warrior, and it’s always been the warrior. Warriors lack playtime atm but even the core rampage warrior would own any flavor of necro, be it core or Reaper.

That’s 4 classes, almost half of the entire line-up HARD countering you.

That’s why I think necros are still not that great.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

But Their hardest counter is the warrior, and it’s always been the warrior. Warriors lack playtime atm but even the core rampage warrior would own any flavor of necro, be it core or Reaper.

Just wanted to highlight this.

Edit: because its funny.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but how warriors counter necro or reaper

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Warriors were good at rushing down core necros due to to necros lacking melee cleave. Core shroud is notoriously awful at dealing with melee rush-downs because of its slow ranged abilities with directional line of sight requirements and long cast times.

Reaper shroud solves these previous issues by introducing melee cleave, AoE CC, and stability: all of the tools needed to wreck warriors, or at least punish them heavily for attempting a rush-down.

However, I agree with the original post. Condi reaper is decent but not overwhelming or underwhelming. It is surprisingly balanced as is.

in PvP

Posted by: knkasa.2608

knkasa.2608

This is a troll post. The reaper says he cant beat a warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Troll comment from someone who has nothing relevant or important to say

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

no rampage is no poblem anymore with 2 stability.
tempest and malyx herald yes is hard to count but you can handle them.
daredevil is the hardest for me with perma evade.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

What OP said was unbiased.

I bet he could beat you on whatever class you’re on just from the basis that he understands the different class mechanics of this game.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

reaper is about the only thing warrior can beat. distracting strikes skull grinder sends them home.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I solo queue with warrior and play on a team as reaper, condi reaper in fact. I totally disagree with op on a couple but agree on a couple points. While playing my own reaper the only two professions i seem to have problems with is tempest and revnants. I dont think warrior is a great counter howevver because of the double health bar of reapers and the fact they can go in and out of reaper while rampage is a one and done skill with a ridiculous cd (144secs when traited. Not to mention that warriors depend on weapon swaps for decent combos made dificult by chills. And this also slows gs and other might stacking skills. I agree rampage is a good counter to reaper but all reaper needs to do is pop reaper wait for warrior to go into rampage then leave reaper and play range while rampage wears down then go back into reaper and slaughter the up warrior. As for daredevils i have absolutely no problems with them, no where near the trouble they give me on warrior for sure.

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

Eurantien is an idiot ranger. Kinda shocking a tournament level player is unaware how warriors counter necros. What a scrub.

When faced with a team with multiple necros/reapers, I always swap to warrior. Back in the day I had a mace/shield and hammer build just for necros.

Thank you necros for giving my warrior purpose. But it does kinda suck that there are other classes/builds aside from warriors that hard counter necros.

Edit: Also a LOT of veteran warriors have rerolled or quit the game entirely. Once we get a buff, I guarantee a drop in reaper representation.

(edited by trytonianYeti.4389)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Necro used to be hard countered by warrior due to melee and CC, but I don’t find this is the case anymore. Indeed, a condi reaper needs time to ramp up damage, even more so if opponent warrior is smart with his berserker stance. But given enough fighting time you’ll see warrior start falling (especially if you keep poison up which isn’t hard). Same goes for warriors, if he manage to mitigate your main condition bursts just chill won’t be enough to kill him, and he’ll start wearing down your LF quickly.

In the end this is pretty even, slightly towards reaper side. This matchup revolves around reading opponent moves than playing by your rotations, both for the reaper and for the warrior. Which is essentially what PvP is about.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I think the biggest problem here is that the majority of warrior mains have quit or rerolled to a different class.

As a multiclasser I’ll attempt to be unbiased. I agree that warriors still hard counter necros. Reapers as well. In fact, it’s easy to counter melee reaper shroud. I dodge or circle strafe them with a ranged until all their LF is depleted before popping rampage. After that, theres not much the necro could do.

In the past it was brain dead easy to kill necros with the hambow before the adrenaline nerf.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

abc.5790

Btw, I multiclass and main engie.

In the past, when necros bullied engies, I’d swap to a warrior and have the last laugh. But I’m on good terms with necros now, it’s a respectable class but still have lots of flaws.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Dipped into the pvp forums to see if anything was new, saw this. Nothing has changed ahaha keep doing you forums. You keep doing you.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

When queing with crysis he was routinely excited upon seeing reapers on the other team. He would hunt them all game, and pile-drive them into the ground with this no condi clear, 100% yolo rampage zerker warrior.

Also, from dueling this skilled warrior with my reaper hundreds of times, all I can say is a skilled zerker warrior should be able to kill a reaper within a single berserker stance.

So, you can get rekt if you don’t know how to use warhorn and wurm to simply distance the warrior when zerker stance is up, other than that, warrior can be somewhat a counter to reaper play.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Honestly, I find the easiest way to kill reapers is to pew pew them with my longbow druid. By the time they even get to melee range they have lost basically all of their health from rapid fire, pet damage and being entangled for at least 5s.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

By the time they even get to melee range they have lost basically all of their health from rapid fire, pet damage and being entangled for at least 5s.

You missed a 0 there, I assume you actually meant to say at least 50s.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Base cele necro could handle seeker warriors fairly well. Base condi necro back then was a free kill since base condi necro was pretty bad without reaper or scepter buff. And even before then after the dhuumfire incident, hambow and shoutbow have made condi necro hard, if not impossible (with shout cleanses) to play properly, which was just a bad meta.

Condi reaper is in a mostly good spot, though. Feel as though some aspects of spite are a bit too strong while some aspects of curses are a bit too weak.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

abc.5790

Cele necros only came to be after the June 23 patch, the same patch that nerfed warrior shouts.

But prior to that patch, the 2 dominant necro builds were terrormancer and power wells – both of which were hard countered by warriors.

Despite diamond skin tempest, daredevils and mallyx shiro out and about, the reaper is in a healthy spot. I think a shortage of warriors is also a contributing factor to the reaper’s current popularity.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Valdorian.2481

Valdorian.2481

Mostly agree with the OP. I main condi reaper and the three things that have given me the most trouble are:

1. Daredevil smart enough to kite me around
2. Diamond skin ele
3. Shoutbow warrior, hilariously enough

Have never had trouble with revs but perhaps I have not fought a decent one yet.

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

If only Final Form had 2 diamond skin tempests…

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I play all 9 classes in pvp….only way to get my money’s worth for buying expac. The pve portion is a boring mindless grind dump.

And I already know about the thieves and warriors underpowered fiasco.

My focus on this thread is the Condition Reaper.

Frankly, it’s not that great.

Aside from counter plays, there are 3 counter builds that render them useless. They are diamond skin tempest, daredevil and mallyx herald.

That’s 4 classes, almost half of the entire line-up HARD countering you.

TBH, as reaper I can “duel” a daredevil infinitely, I can re-counter a mallyx with my boon hate and well-timed stuns. Tempest… I have found a counter for diamond skin. Jump off of a high point and gank them when they take fall damage >:) pressure them if you got some might from your short chill duration, and use your spin to keep them below 90% by reducing healing.

While those specs are very very very strong against us, if i play it right I can still win.

However, if your team lets you get focused in a team fight without peeling them off you, your team is horrible. Reaper is easily the BEST damage dealer on a team, dishes out CC and chill, and stability so he can stomp. KEEP HIM ALIVE PLS

edit; just want to add that these specs are very hard to win against, and yes sometimes a thief will kite me to oblivion and i’ll burn down my house, but I feel like I win a fair amount of those fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Yes please stop complaining about Reapers.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Edit: Also a LOT of veteran warriors have rerolled or quit the game entirely. Once we get a buff, I guarantee a drop in reaper representation.

Game is probably going to be dead already if they don’t balance until after January 25th.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good laugh!

My own personal experience: Warrior is food for Reaper regardless of build.
But we each have our own playstyles and skill levels, so each to their own.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

Good laugh!

My own personal experience: Warrior is food for Reaper regardless of build.
But we each have our own playstyles and skill levels, so each to their own.

How foolish

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

I suggest you keep your opinions about other classes outside of ranger to yourself because it exposes your lack of knowledge

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

I suggest you keep your opinions about other classes outside of ranger to yourself because it exposes your lack of knowledge

It shows “pro” level players can simultaneously be noob scrubs. He’s not really that good and hardly ever taken seriously. If only you remember how he got dragged on the ground by a 14 yr old in a 1v1 tourney. Funniest thing ever to happen to someone with an overinflated ego.

in PvP

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

diamond skin tempest

Okay with Daredevil and Herald it’s a skill matchup out of your favor but you can still win if you play it right. Diamond Skin however will completely kitten you over and is horrible to play against.

So play Celestial Reaper and get all of the good stuff about condi reaper plus a bunch of physical damage and more survivability.

Also warrior is the most notoriously easily kited class in the game which gets screwed by blinds. It can’t do anything to Reaper outside of Rampage so you just kite until it ends and then they do nothing to you.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

It shows “pro” level players can simultaneously be noob scrubs. He’s not really that good and hardly ever taken seriously. If only you remember how he got dragged on the ground by a 14 yr old in a 1v1 tourney. Funniest thing ever to happen to someone with an overinflated ego.

Yeah eura is absolutely terrible….. how many WTS’s did you guys play in?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

While I don’t agree with everything TyrianYeti says, your bias is clouding your judgement. You consider yourself a necromancer when you aren’t even aware that warriors hard countered them? I don’t get it.

I don’t attach any emotions towards individuals that play this game and always try to be as objective and unbiased as possible.

You obviously aren’t.

What does being in the WTS have anything to do with him being ignorant about warriors countering necros??

Another idiot yes-man to “pro” player scum.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

On a slightly related note, eura beat me when I was playing some cele reaper build, but I think thats more because cele reaper doesn’t have enough damage to kill a Druid compared to condi, even if it handles diamond skin better if it takes death perception.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Guys please be civil.

Speed Starr has given me necromancer tips on this forum the past year and a half or so. He’s no lightweight.

It’s true though that one of the darkest era for us necros was during the reign of the hambow. The Reaper has improved our defenses against them and at the same time, they got nerfed even further.

Bunkerchrono and DS tempest are the two biggest thorns on our spine atm.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I don’t think it’s all that great in 1v1’s either, but with a few alterations to the build, it can still be very strong in teamfights. Diamond Skin doesn’t matter if you have a bit of physical DMG in the team and if some player (like the nec himself) packs a bit of boonstrip, mallyc is no prob either.

What does Reaper offer in teamfights: Absolutely insane melee cleave, very strong AoE at range, decent soft-CC, dealing with conditions on your team (in various possible ways; plague signet, shouts+soldier runes, Staff 4, unholy martyr etc.), tons of stability and the possibility of strong boonstrip.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Guys please be civil.

Speed Starr has given me necromancer tips on this forum the past year and a half or so. He’s no lightweight.

It’s true though that one of the darkest era for us necros was during the reign of the hambow. The Reaper has improved our defenses against them and at the same time, they got nerfed even further.

*Bunkerchrono and DS tempest are the two biggest thorns on our spine atm. *

Staff 5 and WH 4 mean that necro’s are the class most capable of taking down a Bunkerchrono. DS Tempest is a thorn for all condi builds, but Reapers aren’t funneled into condi so I see it as an issue that is non-unique to Reapers. Warriors are still our biggest problem.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

While I don’t agree with everything TyrianYeti says, your bias is clouding your judgement. You consider yourself a necromancer when you aren’t even aware that warriors hard countered them? I don’t get it.

I don’t attach any emotions towards individuals that play this game and always try to be as objective and unbiased as possible.

You obviously aren’t.

What does being in the WTS have anything to do with him being ignorant about warriors countering necros??

Another idiot yes-man to “pro” player scum.

When did I say anything about warrior. But while we are on the subject, warriors do not hard counter necros. L2kite.

I’m not being emotional. I have played with and against Eura. He’s a good player and he’s unbelievable chill and fun guy to be in TS with. I don’t comment on players that I don’t have experience with, I’d suggest you do the same. If you think I’m just a yes man, you don’t know me at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

My feelings are mixed on this.

A third of me says “OP is bsing, Condi Reaper is amazing.”
A third of me says “necros deserve it for being bagfodder for the longest”
A third of me says “why is this necro losing to a warrior”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

abc.5790

I’m a noob necro relative to some of the necro mains on this thread but I’ll try to clarify the 2 classes and end the misunderstanding.

Ok during the hambow era, I would swap from my engie to my warrior to counter the necro. All I had to do was cc stun, knockback chain him with my hammer.

I also played necro at the time and when I confronted the warrior, I would keep my distance to avoid the hammer and FEAR him to death.

That was the terrormancer build and it did ok vs warrior.

Now the powerbuild necro on the other hand, struggled vs warrior. I did not run power builds at the time because of warriors.

Hope this clarifies the misunderstanding

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

Absolute 100% of me says “THIS DUDE MUST BE A BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD WARRIOR If he loses to necros regularly”

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Absolute 100% of me says “THIS DUDE MUST BE A BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD WARRIOR If he loses to necros regularly”

Literally all you have to do is kite the warrior with rs2 and hopefully wurm if your a smart necro while zerker stance is up, once it’s over warrior is a free kill.