Condi Warriors

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

In less than a week, I promise you’ll all be seeing around 4 condi warriors in each game because the balance team doesn’t know the meaning of moderation when it comes to buffing or nerfing classes.

You heard it here first folks!

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Warrior is the new necro. It’s nice I can play my warrior again, I missed him last season.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Condi warrior are only OP when you don’t know how to handle them.

They are easy to kite. They have almost no disengage.

When they leap at you dodge (they will use elite)

Save a stun break. Save condi clear.

Kite invulns/zerks.

Out rotate.

Seriously they are super slow. And have a very tiny range. They are the definition of bruiser. Don’t trade blows with them. Even a full melee rev can out kite with prec strike. I don’t think there is a class that can’t kite them (thief = hit and run like normal)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Very easy to kite,,,they’re like 90% mele, they can’t build adrenaline effectively without headbutt, range and kill…zzzz

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Kite invulns/zerks.

Out rotate.

Seriously they are super slow. And have a very tiny range. They are the definition of bruiser. Don’t trade blows with them. Even a full melee rev can out kite with prec strike. I don’t think there is a class that can’t kite them (thief = hit and run like normal)

Almost true. But some people are dumb and will try and face tank you. If you are a smart warrior you only attack those who come close and don’t run after people.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

People are still used to the ez kill warriors of last season and think they can just ignore or trade blows. Big mistake.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Kite invulns/zerks.

Out rotate.

You see, that’s what they said about Reapers last few seasons and they were still being stacked 2 on each team. Condi warriors are going to be the new Reapers and DH. Just saying it now.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

You see, that’s what they said about Reapers last few seasons and they were still being stacked 2 on each team. Condi warriors are going to be the new Reapers and DH. Just saying it now.

That’s what they said about GS reapers? And look at how lol they are.

No one ever said you could kite the (old) meta reaper build. They are two totally different animals. (old) Meta reapers could AoE everyone with constant chill dmg. They were like condi warriors if they were ranged and also did tons of chill. That is a huge difference.

(old) Meta reaper you needed to focus down quickly and there wasn’t anything they could do. Nor did you really have a choice on who to focus.

As opposed to condi warrior, you don’t really need to focus per se, just don’t stand near one. They are short range single target (compared to old reaper)

PS dont CC them. It gives them toughness and healing. But soft cc/cripple and chill = really effective

(edited by Mightybird.6034)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I heard there is a bug with Scorched Earth + Cleansing Ire, Currently it removes 6 condis instead of 3.

Anet should fix this asap.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I heard there is a bug with Scorched Earth + Cleansing Ire, Currently it removes 6 condis instead of 3.

Anet should fix this asap.

Agreed. Change this and you’ll see condi wars much more in line with where they should be.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Jesus guys, stop bringing those kind of arguments:

“People are just used to warrior being a freekill blablablub”

warrior running the condition-build got pushed onto the same lvl of powercreep you all have been complaining about. So pls stop and face the truth.

I main warrior myself and there is nothing healthy or good for the game in this warr build – it’s as powercreeped as reaper/scrapper etc. was.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Ah, so that’s the reason why I was dying so fast on my Revenant, also those nerfs sucks, I can’t escape if I get in a bad situation, and after seeing Thief buffs I’ll probably switch back to it.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

I don’t think I’ve ever defended a class so much that I don’t play.

But dominik its true. So many people are coming back after being gone and expect something different from war. They are surprised. There have been many posts about it. I was surprised at first. Its a fact not a delusion.

Also the majority of the powercreep appears to be here to stay and is another topic altogether. In the current meta warrior seems plenty balanced.

Amineo, I switched back to thief (from rev) and am loving it.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Well, yes but bugs are bugs and need to be fixed.

There is no too much to argue about.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

Oh I didn’t mean to argue for that. Obviously bugs should be fixed. Mostly arguing that their dmg is fine because its so limited and counterable. If nerfs are needed it’d prob be to defense. So they are more glassy.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Oh I didn’t mean to argue for that. Obviously bugs should be fixed. Mostly arguing that their dmg is fine because its so limited and counterable. If nerfs are needed it’d prob be to defense. So they are more glassy.

I think the condi pressure is really high but there is a disengage weakness with longbow + mace/shield .

So pretty strong charatcter in fight with very good sustain/damage but not really hard to focus.

Ofc the fact now you can remove 6 condis super fast is a big advantage in a condi meta and needs to be fixed.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Yeah. Like that oh so skillful PASSIVE invuln skill that pops in at 50% health just from taking damage.

25% was bad enough, but making it at 50% was just kittened.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Yeah. Like that oh so skillful PASSIVE invuln skill that pops in at 50% health just from taking damage..

Because the “ACTIVE” skills which are either auto aimed or require no meaningful aim, that have zero or no meaningful resource management, and that often do a whole host of things with one press, are so skillful in this game, I mean when I play thief and interrupt someone with my 1200 ranged instant daze, steal their boons, give myself boons, do damage, heal myself, etc from that one highly skilled button press it is on a level with with the gameplay from whatever Korean is currently top in SC2. /sarcasm

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

dealing with condi warrior- any berzerker, even- is pretty much exclusively just managing the headbutts properly, keep a mental note of their headbutt CD and range them while their headbutt is available

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

PS dont CC them. It gives them toughness and healing. But soft cc/cripple and chill = really effective

With the buff to Adrenal Health, as well as all the conditions lurking around, it’s probable that most warriors now prefer Cleansing Ire to Rousing Resilience. Heavy CC might not be a bad option: few stun breakers (Endure Pain, Headbutt, possibly Savage Instinct), and no stability outside of Berserker mode (Eternal Champion).

Kite them as needed, have them use their two stances, beware the hard CC (mace, shield, headbutt) and the berserker mode (for the mace burst).

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

With the buff to Adrenal Health, as well as all the conditions lurking around, it’s probable that most warriors now prefer Cleansing Ire to Rousing Resilience. Heavy CC might not be a bad option: few stun breakers (Endure Pain, Headbutt, possibly Savage Instinct), and no stability outside of Berserker mode (Eternal Champion).

Kite them as needed, have them use their two stances, beware the hard CC (mace, shield, headbutt) and the berserker mode (for the mace burst).

I doubt anyone is going to be taking Rousing Resilience. Cleansing Ire is just too good.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

Mhm this is true I now realize. Like I said, i don’t actually play war.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

How do you expect a melee centric class to kite a warrior when they regenerate health at insane rates and your only source of damage is to get infront of the warrior, whom will spam burns.

Yeah I guess warrior isn’t broken if you’re ranged.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

As a necro Main, I am glad to see them back and I don’t mind if people are excited and play them alot. Good for them.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

How do you expect a melee centric class to kite a warrior when they regenerate health at insane rates and your only source of damage is to get infront of the warrior, whom will spam burns.

I’ve 1v1’d condi wars as both thief and rev. Only one I don’t know is engi? Can any scrappers speak up?

But if that is one hard counter, hardly makes it OP. Most classes hard counter at least one build. I would think scrapper could 1v1 a bow build, but maybe not the full melee wars.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I doubt anyone is going to be taking Rousing Resilience. Cleansing Ire is just too good.

CI is only good with longbow, actually I’d say very useful with longbow, for everything else you’re better off with RR

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

In less than a week, I promise you’ll all be seeing around 4 condi warriors in each game because the balance team doesn’t know the meaning of moderation when it comes to buffing or nerfing classes.

You heard it here first folks!

I’ve been running condi warrior forever, I played one exclusively in s2. And guess what? People would rage when I was on my warrior, ask me to switch or quit the game. Because I didn’t do damage according to them.

Now everyone is complaining condi warrior is op. What has changed? Nothing but adrenal health. Get some balls, learn to play, get good or whatever. But most importantly, strategize. Condi warrior isn’t god like, it has a weakness. Find it.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Rolls eyes oh no! they made something not trash tier and actually usable!!! end of the world!!! you won’t see 4 per game….stop exaggerating

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Nope, the best condi warr use RR. So, he is basically a tank and does condi dmg on top of that. Just image someone with outrage (10 sec( + RR (2.5k hp and 1000 toughness every 8 sec). So, you can go full viper with any condi build without hurting your defense.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

CI is only good with longbow, actually I’d say very useful with longbow, for everything else you’re better off with RR

Sorry thats what i meant. The current (assumed) meta for warrior is Condi Longbow mace/shield build and for that Cleansing Ire is the clear winner.

For power war i would agree its not such a clear winner but still IMO the better choice than Rousing Resilience.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Jesus guys, stop bringing those kind of arguments:

“People are just used to warrior being a freekill blablablub”

warrior running the condition-build got pushed onto the same lvl of powercreep you all have been complaining about. So pls stop and face the truth.

I main warrior myself and there is nothing healthy or good for the game in this warr build – it’s as powercreeped as reaper/scrapper etc. was.

^This. The performance level of condi warr is way beyond what is needed “to not be a free kill anymore”. I still run vanilla axe/shield and I could say that “Its not a free kill anymore” (although it never really was a free kill, just extremely frustrating to succeed with because to do competitive damage you need berserker/marauder ammy but even then once your stances are out you’re squish as hell), but in no way is condi warr on the level where its barely “Not a free kill”, its on a ridiculous level of faceroll and needs a hard nerf to condi output on sword and mace primal bursts mainly.

Also:

I mean when I play thief and interrupt someone with my 1200 ranged instant daze, steal their boons, give myself boons, do damage, heal myself, etc from that one highly skilled button press it is on a level with with the gameplay from whatever Korean is currently top in SC2

Thx for massive lols

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Nope, the best condi warr use RR. So, he is basically a tank and does condi dmg on top of that. Just image someone with outrage (10 sec( + RR (2.5k hp and 1000 toughness every 8 sec). So, you can go full viper with any condi build without hurting your defense.

1000 toughness is nothing. Damage is so high because of the power creep, that toughness doesn’t matter much. Also its kind of hard to measure the effectiveness of RR, since it only works while being stunned.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

you have an alternate weapon set, or you have kits, don’t pretend you don’t have options
unless you’re an ele
sorry eles

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

you have an alternate weapon set, or you have kits, don’t pretend you don’t have options
unless you’re an ele
sorry eles

Pretty sure eles out cleanse condi war 1v1 and its a stalemate. Correct me if im wrong.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

yay six months of playing warrior while its kitten. now i get to enjoy a good class. oh wait nvm i quit.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Condi warrior is actually ruining the game more than even dhumfire necro did.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Sure and leave yourself with no condi clear….oookk.

And no, brawlers recovery won’t save you with all these condis flying around.

The meta build is and will be with CI. (longbow)

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

actually I think warrior is balanced in this meta, rev got some nerf bring them down to earth same to mesmer but still stong on the other hand ele is out of hand

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I’ve 1v1’d condi wars as both thief and rev. Only one I don’t know is engi? Can any scrappers speak up?

But if that is one hard counter, hardly makes it OP. Most classes hard counter at least one build. I would think scrapper could 1v1 a bow build, but maybe not the full melee wars.

No you’re just facing bad warriors. Here’s feed back from one of the top players who is in the legendary leagues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4jxmrv/pvp_class_tier_list_5172016/d3afpg4

“We’ve been trying to decide what to do with our Warrior. If you watch our match from Monday where we lost to PZ, using it as a far point monkey was incredibly effective. Nothing can kill it 1v1, you can easily plus one it with a Thief or Revenant if they try to put an Elementalist or Engineer against it.”

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

What is funny is that most classes can apply more presssure with condies than the necro.
Yes necro apply long condi but its all about spike because of the sustain some classes have.
I think warriors apply too much pressure with condies and can have resistance for very long time. I think anet needs to nerf less and buff less .

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I’m not exactly sure why it’s ok for tanks to be able to randomly 1 shot you anytime they want. Shouldn’t being a tank mean you don’t do damage?

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Rolls eyes oh no! they made something not trash tier and actually usable!!! end of the world!!! you won’t see 4 per game….stop exaggerating

Yeah we will, wanna bet on it? Assuming Anet does nothing, in a week you’ll be seeing them everywhere. Everyone has a warrior and knows how to use it to some extent.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Kaishina.6584

Kaishina.6584

L2P

/15chars

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition ! War Never Change ! LOL

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Kaishina.6584

Everyone in the kitten game has condi cleanses and the ability to kite. Just don’t get hit and don’t be stupid enough to walk into his fire AOEs and don’t hit him when he has his signet up … People cry over how broken a class is but never bothered with pvp …. This is quite sad …

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

I just think it’s funny since a warrior(s) are actually known gamewide, in nearly every game I know at least, as pure DD’s with raw physical power and all that stuff while still remaining somewhat tough thanks to the heavy armor, yet in GW2, Anet decided instead of toning down the overall condi output and / or damage to bring actual DPS a little more back into the game to balance it out with condi players, they decided nope, warrior is now also a condi class.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Kaishina.6584

I just think it’s funny since a warrior(s) are actually known gamewide, in nearly every game I know at least, as pure DD’s with raw physical power and all that stuff while still remaining somewhat tough thanks to the heavy armor, yet in GW2, Anet decided instead of toning down the overall condi output and / or damage to bring actual DPS a little more back into the game to balance it out with condi players, they decided nope, warrior is now also a condi class.

Previous seasons warriors were just free kills for everyone.

I don’t play warrior myself but i think warrior is fair now and requires “more skill” to kill it.

People are always offended when they have to raise their skill cap.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

blackysharky.7581 it makes people look clever, i guess.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

People will be surprised af once they see warrior in the “meta” used by “pros” bc they cant think nor make build on their own.. Tier 3.. haha ok.

See ya soon calling on nerfs to war.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Tier-list-for-now/first#post6119494

Who was right?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Condi Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

They’re not even hard to deal with IF you’re willing to dodge their burst.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”