Condi mesmer improvements.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Scepter chain. 1 stack of bleed (4 secs), 1 stack of torment 2nd, 1 stack of confusion (3rd chain).

Reduce windup time of scepter skill 3, and put a cripple on it when channeling.

For staff, buff wind of chaos bleed application to 2 stacks instead of one, just for the mesmer. Take out the useless vulnerability and put 1-2 stacks of torment instead. Chaos Storm’s periodic damage could use a damage increase.

For torch offhand, reduce The Prestige to a 20 sec cd. Reduce Backfire phantasm to a 15 sec cd, buff confusion stack to 6 (even at 6 stackjs of confusion the phantasm on average will do way less damage than an izerker or duelist; it’s just a really bad phantasm).

Make torch trait remove 2 condis per skill use instead of 1.

Make both Crippling Dissipation and Debilitating dissipation apply their respective conditions on SHATTER as well as their current function.

Change Cry of Frustration by increasing the confusion duration up to 5 seconds, and put in 2 stacks of torment applied as well. This shatter is really without identity at the moment, and making it the condition/punish shatter would give condi mesmers real options for shatter pressure, as they currently rarely want to shatter as staff clones are their only source of reasonable condi application.

For the Cry of Frustration trait on illusions, make it apply 2 secs of weakness per illusion shattered as well as the retal.

Change Arcane Thievery to a 25 sec cd.

The problem with condi mesmers is their ramp up is too kitten long to start doing damage at the rate of condi cleanse in the game. In order to currently even approach 7-9 stacks of bleeds, you need to have 3 staff clones up. During the ramp up, at best you’ll apply 3 stacks of bleeding.

We don’t want to push the mesmer to necro condi application, so we want to aim for something like 6-7 stacks of bleeding while constantly attacking, and having some real condition coverage in order to keep pressure.

It’s fine if the necro is better at applying offensive conditions, because I see the condi mesmer as a hybrid of boon provision for the team via staff and some other utility like null field, but at their current state condi specs for mesmers are on the weak side due to how much setup is required.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

this is cool. i want buffs on my spirit ranger and warrior too, please.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

PU condi mesmer with scepter/torch is one of the best and cheesiest 1v1 builds in the game currently while still having team support, and you want to improve it?

I think the rate of condition application is fine right now.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

PU condi mes can’t hold a point coz of the stealths, which makes him useless as a node defender. And this is conquest.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

PU condi mesmer with scepter/torch is one of the best and cheesiest 1v1 builds in the game currently while still having team support, and you want to improve it?

Why Improve it? Because bad mesmers need a crutch that’s tpvp viable.
Plus you’re already getting a small buff with 5% more condi damage.
Also now that Phantasm celerity is at 15 you can probably off spec Illusions for maximum cheese.

Also Arcane Thievery on a 30 second CD would not be too much to ask Methinks.
Condi cleanse that can miss if you’re facing the wrong way or blinded on a 45 second cd?, mm Yea sounds like the best skill to use.

Edit: 45 and the letter s are filtered, GG anet, gg

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

A PU condie mesmer is already an incredibly strong build. If all of those changes you mentioned were introduced, I could probably win a 3v1 against competent players without breaking a sweat.

Also, if you think the ramp-up on condie mesmer is too long, you’re doing it wrong. If you’re facing an aggressive opponent, the ramp up from 0 to 6+ bleed, 5 torment, burn, cripple, vuln, weakness, 5 confusion is roughly 5-7 seconds.

in PvP

Zenith.7301

A PU condie mesmer is already an incredibly strong build. If all of those changes you mentioned were introduced, I could probably win a 3v1 against competent players without breaking a sweat.

Also, if you think the ramp-up on condie mesmer is too long, you’re doing it wrong. If you’re facing an aggressive opponent, the ramp up from 0 to 6+ bleed, 5 torment, burn, cripple, vuln, weakness, 5 confusion is roughly 5-7 seconds.

Really? Please list me the amount of condi mesmers in tournament teams, let alone top leaderboards.

I don’t care about what you can 1v3 given that PU build is a stealth spam build and cannot hold or debunk a point.

WvW: Condi mesmer is useless in group fights. It is merely a duel spec, which has little to no impact on the outcome of WvW matches.

tpvp: Useless build, no burst or frontloading of damage, an inferior necro that’s only better defensively at the cost of stealth being no good for holding points.

PvE: Like any condition build, useless, but especially so since it deals less condi damage than necro or engineer and its AI dependent which gets aoe’d to hell.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Really? Please list me the amount of condi mesmers in tournament teams, let alone top leaderboards.

I don’t care about what you can 1v3 given that PU build is a stealth spam build and cannot hold or debunk a point.

I don’t see this as a reason to buff an unwanted Skillcap=Skillceiling cheesy playstyle.
No one runs 1v1 builds in high end tpvp period.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Zenith.7301

I don’t see this as a reason to buff an unwanted Skillcap=Skillceiling cheesy playstyle.
No one runs 1v1 builds in high end tpvp period.

Just stop. You don’t get to sit mesmers on shatter power specs for 1+ years because you dislike how a spec plays in duels.

in PvP

Zenith.7301

I don’t support any of these suggestions.

It’s already been said, but PU condition specs are already some of the most durable and cheese builds in the game. Their damage is not lacking whatsoever.

They’re not seen often in tPvP because they rely so heavily on stealth, just like a lot of Thief builds, not because their damage is bad. They’re attrition builds. They’re meant to be slow, just like, say, a P/D Thief. Not every build needs to be viable in tPvP.

Yeah, instead a class should sit with a single build. No phantasms, no condi. Just shatter.

I’m sure P/D thieves love not being able to play their spec in tpvp, or d/d thieves for that matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Yes, make the best duel class more OP pls.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Michael.7382

“Mesmer has Phantasm and Shatter. "
A Bountifull Interruption is alsbo valuable. I run it much and sharing ur team 25might stacks and other boons + rupting foes in mid fight is insta favour on your team side.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Warriors always had one of the highest build varieties in the game, IMHO. They just became stronger with buffs. Problem is how some of them are overperforming.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Yeah right, lets totally buff the most unfun and OP 1on1 spec there is to play against.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

redslion.9675

1v1 isn’t a issue in rated pvp…

Unless ANet will put a deathmatch mode. Then the size of the map might be important for balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Scepter chain. 1 stack of bleed (4 secs), 1 stack of torment 2nd, 1 stack of confusion (3rd chain).

That’s… Not going to solve any problems, and just promotes spamming 1 for damage/letting clones out for them to spam 1 for damage.

Reduce windup time of scepter skill 3, and put a cripple on it when channeling.

The cripple would be way too OP. We would have like 200% cripple uptime xD. Just make the confusing images cast twice as fast.

For staff, buff wind of chaos bleed application to 2 stacks instead of one, just for the mesmer. Take out the useless vulnerability and put 1-2 stacks of torment instead. Chaos Storm’s periodic damage could use a damage increase.

OP. Just removing the vulnerability should be enough, making bleeds 2 stacks is just too much.

For torch offhand, reduce The Prestige to a 20 sec cd. Reduce Backfire phantasm to a 15 sec cd, buff confusion stack to 6 (even at 6 stackjs of confusion the phantasm on average will do way less damage than an izerker or duelist; it’s just a really bad phantasm).

We have enough stealth. making it a 20 sec CD would be waaaaay too OP :/.

Make torch trait remove 2 condis per skill use instead of 1.

That seems like a reasonable suggestion.

Make both Crippling Dissipation and Debilitating dissipation apply their respective conditions on SHATTER as well as their current function.

Simply said, OP.

as they currently rarely want to shatter as staff clones are their only source of reasonable condi application.

Are you sure you’re playing the right game/profession?

For the Cry of Frustration trait on illusions, make it apply 2 secs of weakness per illusion shattered as well as the retal.

Change Arcane Thievery to a 25 sec cd.

That’s just… too much.

Thank you for the suggestions :P

TL;DR: Condition Mesmers are in a very good position right now, and don’t need buffs at all. It’s by far the most survivable offensive build we have, giving it even more defense is overkill and blatantly overpowered.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Michael.7382

“Yeah right, lets totally buff the most unfun and OP 1on1 spec there is to play against.”
And it will affect what? a 1v1 servers? Coz if u play seriously soloQ/tpvp u wouldn’t run PU mesmer. What for? running around (slowly) and 1v1ing? U can’t hold/contest point properly with this. And the most unfun and no-skiller 1v1 spec is ofc s/d thief.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

(edited by Michael.7382)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

What build does rage quiite (the EU one) run?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Because this meta needs more mindless condi spam from tanky classes, amirite?

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Scepter is TERRIBLE.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Michael.7382

IMO for PU condi scepter/pistol + scepter/torch….

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

redslion.9675

“Yeah right, lets totally buff the most unfun and OP 1on1 spec there is to play against.”
And it will affect what? a 1v1 servers? Coz if u play seriously soloQ/tpvp u wouldn’t run PU mesmer. What for? running around (slowly) and 1v1ing? U can’t hold/contest point properly with this. And the most unfun and no-skiller 1v1 spec is ofc s/d thief.

If ANet wants to introduce some sort of Deathmatch, they can’t afford OP 1v1 builds.

in PvP

Zenith.7301

If ANet wants to introduce some sort of Deathmatch, they can’t afford OP 1v1 builds.

Engineers crap on PU mesmers all day. So do necros for that matter.

PU mesmer will NEVER kill a warrior played decently in this current game state.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

It compeltely depends on who that Mesmer is.

I, for one have no problem with anything except necro minion master in 1v1.

Others may have trouble winning any 1v1 at all :/

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Michael.7382

BB hambows, s/d thieves, spirit rangers then.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Scepter needs changes and unique clones but condi is not the answer.

Condi mes is strong enough. We don’t need buffs to make this more mindless than it already is.

I’d almost argue that it’s OP but it suffers at caping points it’s like Phant level viability and is fine where it is. (In current context)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

redslion.9675

BB hambows, s/d thieves, spirit rangers then.

I never said that was a mesmer only issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Didn’t even read further. Wet dreams.

in PvP

redslion.9675

I agree, unless the warrior has to try and kill the mesmer, on open field, like in a duel.