Condi needs to be fixed

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: TylerDurden.7268

TylerDurden.7268

I firmly believe condition spamming builds are beyond overpowered. As a thief with decent condi clean (escapists absolution and evading A LOT) I still take 30-50k in burning alone or bleed/poison combo. This is ridiculous. And sure, a thief can condi spam – the classic D/D 3-spam – but this shows of no skill and therefor is just boring. Its slowly turning thieves into an unnecessary class other than capping. Mind you, just because you cap means nothing if you cant get a bunker dh or ele off the point (which you cant do if you’re running a better sustaining build to combat the gross amount of conditions both put on you while kiting). Please note: Im not saying revert the changes, I’m saying tweak them. Anet has a bad habit of overcorrecting imbalances. In ranked if the other team has 3 dragonhunters or 3 necros, Its almost a guaranteed loss.

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You have to evade the condi applying attack. If you take condi app skills to the face you’ll die just as if you where taking power attacks to the face. (actually you’ll live longer facetanking condi than you will facetanking power, but you’ll still die to either)

Also as a thief you should not be having issues with necros.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

TylerDurden.7268

Well I’m dying mostly to aoe condi applies or unblockable ones (dh/ele)

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Well I’m dying mostly to aoe condi applies or unblockable ones (dh/ele)

DH is almost always running a power cleave build. Condi ele is a free kill because condi ele has no sustain. You also rarely if ever see a condi ele.

I suspect you’re actually dying to power damage but are incorrectly attributing it to condi.

YouTube

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

TylerDurden.7268

Gotcha, so maybe the 30K in burning I’m dealing with but the thing that kills me is power dmg?

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

same story but replace condition with damage.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Gotcha, so maybe the 30K in burning I’m dealing with but the thing that kills me is power dmg?

Conditions will always be the top damage taken on the death report because condis are lumped together on the death report regardless of source, while power attacks are unique on the death report. This is why the death report is useless.

Your thief has ~14k health right? Your taking over twice your health in condi damage in addition to other damage before you die, yet your telling me that condi is killing you.

YouTube

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well this is going to have to include a nerf to Escapist’s Absolution and your ability to quickly stack 2-3k per second bleeding. No profession should be able to clear conditions as easily as a thief running EA. It’s why they nerfed Diamond Skin. DS was just way too good against conditions, but EA can fly because it’s part of an elite spec. #AnetLogic

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think it’s unlikely due to the nature of Conditions. Sure they can do lots of damage, but they do it over time and have a double whammy that direct damage doesn’t; you can either avoid the initial attack applying the condition (which direct damage shares) OR you can cleanse, which doesn’t apply to direct damage. So … as I see it, condi is probably here to stay. It’s more likely that if Anet feels condi is too strong, they adjust durations or cleanse abilities as they ahve done in the past.

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

TylerDurden.7268

Which is what i was getting at obtena. I feel like durations should be adjusted down. and Crinn, I will 1v1 someone at get 30k in burning (i have ~18k hp, again im bulkier to survive longer) so that all from one source. Reason i live is due to healing skills having low CD

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Sounds like you’re getting killed by a burn guard. Main thing you should do, stop hitting them while they are blocking (not sure why you would do that anyways). After that, dodge the blue fireball they throw, they light themselves on fire first and can get this ability from a proc as well but you should have plenty of dodges as Thief. Lastly, burn guard cover conditions come from melee weapon swaps most the time, so you shouldn’t have any issue successfully cleansing the burn with every cleanse used (it is one of burn guard’s major weaknesses).

I agree that some classes need condi application tuned down, but burn guard is not one of them.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Which is what i was getting at obtena. I feel like durations should be adjusted down. and Crinn, I will 1v1 someone at get 30k in burning (i have ~18k hp, again im bulkier to survive longer) so that all from one source. Reason i live is due to healing skills having low CD

Things that don’t kill you always deal more damage than things that do kill you. Why? Because you can’t deal damage to dead things. It’s why the top damage skills on death report are either somebody’s autoattack or a condi, while the skills that actually killed you aren’t even listed.

The Death report is literally useless and serves no purpose except to mislead uninformed players.

You aren’t dying to condi guard. EA thieves have more than enough clear to laugh off the condi application of guard.

YouTube

Condi needs to be fixed

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I use sage amulet on elementalist. A good death scenario for a thief….

He attacks and i fire feel the burn as reflex…
1 burn stack. + protection + FIRE AURA
You hit me and frost aura triggers (elemetal bastion)
I throw cleansing flame due to poision and other condies going up
+ 3 Burn stacks.
You do an attack chain to damage me …
=+X burn stacks from fire aura and chill from frost aura .. I get might

Thief dies on 3k burn /second i dont attack to prevent EA …

Lesson to learn: Never attack ele with fire aura especially when he is in earth …
If you do use shadowstep or die.

On the other side my warrior will kill faster. If i land a CC its over or i have adrenalien full then it is two hits if i land the burst …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)