Condi thief Foefire exploit needs fix

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

Currently on foefire there is an easy way to faceroll the lord and get a free 150 points no matter what unless a support ele camps there 24/7. because condi thief can perma evade the NPCs and the lord while stacking a ridiculous amounts of bleeds and take it out almost instantly.

Im not gonna name any names but they are a few people who got legend this way on NA especially by playing off prime time.

Why is it an exoloit? Because it was not meant to be killed so easely that’s why they buffed the lord several times but its still very exploitable with the condi D/D build.

So basically if you want to win against people who exploit the lord you are forced to have a specific player that runs a specific build to heal the lord just to counter this cheesy tactic. Its not fair and not healthy for the game.

In fact the whole design of the D/D condi is plain stupid and braindead, the build is also quite broken unless you run specifc counters because it literally has 90% evade uptime while dealing damage.

This is just pathetic tbh, seeing all the nerf threads on DP thief while this skilless and brainless build remains untouched is just insane.

For the love of god delete condi D/D thief, its literally worse than symbolic guardian in terms of skill requirement, a potato can be effective while running this and its pure aids to fight against.

I already sugged in my previous thread that they should remove the evade from death blossom or remove bleeds stacks because I dont now see why would they encourage single button builds in a competitive environment especially if it can be exploited .

Sincerly, rev and thief main.

in PvP

Posted by: Angrod.7850

Angrod.7850

because I dont now see why would they encourage single button builds in a competitive environment especially if it can be exploited .

Speaking about spam 1 and spam 4 D/P thief ? oh wait …

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

because I dont now see why would they encourage single button builds in a competitive environment especially if it can be exploited .

Speaking about spam 1 and spam 4 D/P thief ? oh wait …

Spamming 4 dosent work on DP . If you spam 4 or 1 you already ate a lot of damage because you did not blind anything and did not interrupt any key skills. And if you waste all your initiative on headshot you have literally nothing left to deal damage or to survive.

meanwhile spamming 3 on D/D condi thief is the only thing u need to do because you evade while dealing damage and u dont need to use anything else besides 3.

U cant compare these 2 builds its not even close. The difference between a bad D/P power theif and a good one is insane. Meanwhile all the condi D/D thieves just spam 3, it could even be a bot instead of a player, theres no way to tell.

in PvP

Posted by: Angrod.7850

Angrod.7850

Yes, D/P is not all about spamming 1 and 4, but it’s the same for D/D. You just don’t know what you are talking about. D/D is not about just spamming 3 too. If you do so, you will just die. And D/D is easily countered by CC, even more if you just spam.

Edit : And please don’t speak about skill when in D/P all you do is to 2v1 by coming from behind and from stealth with a stun (basilik venom) and attack a squishy player who is already fighting and near to death, just by spamming 1 and kill him in 2sec. and then run away if someone attack you and go stealth.

(edited by Angrod.7850)

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

I mean…. So.. condi thief kills the lord at the start of the game, giving his team ‘free’ 150 points then what?
He goes into teamfights? Tries to decap? +1? 1v1 revs and necros?
I have no experience against condi thief exept the occasional unranked troll, but it seems there’s a reason why no one takes d/d condi thief seriously.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

I mean…. So.. condi thief kills the lord at the start of the game, giving his team ‘free’ 150 points then what?
He goes into teamfights? Tries to decap? +1? 1v1 revs and necros?
I have no experience against condi thief exept the occasional unranked troll, but it seems there’s a reason why no one takes d/d condi thief seriously.

Condi thief pushes far at the start to contest 1v1 forever. then mid game he kills lord. That’s how u abuse the build.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

That condi thief spec in general should be nerfed. It is not fun or good for the game at all.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

That condi thief spec in general should be nerfed. It is not fun or good for the game at all.

yea its pure cancer

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If you spam 4 or 1 you already ate a lot of damage because you did not blind anything and did not interrupt any key skills.

If you’re spamming 4 you should have interrupted every skill which would have included “key” skills.

Exception being warriors and rangers that are typically drowning in stability.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

If you spam 4 or 1 you already ate a lot of damage because you did not blind anything and did not interrupt any key skills.

If you’re spamming 4 you should have interrupted every skill which would have included “key” skills.

Not really. spamming 4 at the wrong time wont interrupt anything. U can spam at the start waste all your energy and not have anything left for the heal or other key skills

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Not really. spamming 4 at the wrong time wont interrupt anything. U can spam at the start waste all your energy and not have anything left for the heal or other key skills

I was assuming a basic level of competency on the thief’s part.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I was assuming a basic level of competency on the thief’s part.

Assuming basic competency from pretty much anyone these days usually gets you nowhere. We’re more than a year into HoT; most people still playing think the current game state is fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Last match I took out the lord in less than 10 seconds and stomped him with 6 stabi stacks. I’m not a thief.

PS nerf teef super OP d/d. Dont buff lord, thats not the problem. Definetly. Please dont buff lord. Anet knows it, everybidy knows it. Nerf thief to the ground, he is the sole flaw of foefire.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Gonna bump this thread until anet does something about this bullkitten

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Condi thief is trash and free kill if you know what to do. Nothing to see here. Move along. Hint: cc

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

no evade on 3 ? add a poision stack instead maybe ?

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

No. Just stop randomly attacking the thief in panic mode. Wait for him to be almost back to ground and then stun, immob, KB, pull, whatever. Repeat after auto stun break. Repeat as needed. They really don’t do crazy condi damage like necros or burn guards. You have time.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

So, wait, a build that is essentially meant for PvE works against a non player target and you call “EXPLOIT!”. . . .? Wow. . . .such courage and drive to win. It’s almost like you want it nerfed instead of having to figure out how to counter it. . .