Condi thief

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: shane.3647

shane.3647

Seriously wtf is this garbage?

They can dodge for days and just stack loads of condi’s? This is very much broken. It’s enough to make me quit this garbage game.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Hi, welcome to the forum.

What build do you use? Glad to provide constructive feedback on how to fight this thief once I get some background info.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Use a dh varient.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: angrypenguin.1839

angrypenguin.1839

All depends on where the fight is and your build. I counter pretty easily on my Druid, and run to decap/cap something on my thief. If you can get them with whatever CC you have can burst em down pretty quickly.

Whatever you do, dont chase them just swinging a sword.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: shane.3647

shane.3647

What build do you use? Glad to provide constructive feedback on how to fight this thief once I get some background info.

Thanks for offering some input. I run a vanilla ranger. I know vanilla builds are inferior and Anet wants everyone to run the same meta builds but I enjoy my build. I was just about to break through Gold when I encountered this cancerous thief.

I realize that CC is probably the answer but I couldn’t land a single CC on this guy. He just dodged and evaded and stacked more condis until eventually I was out of clears and just melted away.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

A tip if a condi thief starts jumping on your stand still and aa when condis start racking up cleanse or resistance it and continue aa you will most likely win the trade if playing a power class. If theey try running then maybe throw a cc regardless u won the duel.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Omatsuri.4250

Omatsuri.4250

Thanks for offering some input. I run a vanilla ranger. I know vanilla builds are inferior and Anet wants everyone to run the same meta builds but I enjoy my build. I was just about to break through Gold when I encountered this cancerous thief.

I realize that CC is probably the answer but I couldn’t land a single CC on this guy. He just dodged and evaded and stacked more condis until eventually I was out of clears and just melted away.

attack from range. For example: swap to sword after condi thief jump on you with steal. Dodge some of their spam 3, try to hit back. You have to survive 8-9 seconds. Than use sword to jump away from thief, cleance conditions and immediately swap to your ranged weapon and start attack him while movng away. Use CC if he will try to shadowstep to you. He can’t chase you while spamming 3. Also, you can use environment to climb in higher places: it will makes harder for thief keeping spam 3 to hit you. He can’t control his movement during 3, so this tactic can force thief to fall dawn or jump on the spot due he can’t use 3 to climb up. Also, there is small frame in the end of animation of dodge while he can’t actually dodge and will take damage and can be CCed but you need practise or luck to use this.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

The OP’s comments still stands despite what ‘countermeasures’ there are for this. Vault, DB and the subsequent dodge attacks are extremely low skill high reward mechanics that shouldn’t really exist. They should be toned down with a bit of extra aftercast.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

A lot of people just spam abbilities on CD. If u use this vs condi thief youlll die 100% of the time.

The only i repeat only thing u need to do is starting to look at and hit the thief at the end of the dodge. He will spam dodges or dodge like abbilities whcih makes it super predictable and therfor easy to counter.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

A lot of people just spam abbilities on CD. If u use this vs condi thief youlll die 100% of the time.

The only i repeat only thing u need to do is starting to look at and hit the thief at the end of the dodge. He will spam dodges or dodge like abbilities whcih makes it super predictable and therfor easy to counter.

200-400 ping? what do we do?

Condi thief

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

The whole initiative system is stupid tbh. The devs wanted people to use it as a means of creating interesting combos but in reality its just an excuse to spam. Initiative resource management is so passive anyways, it hardly enriches gameplay, and you get crap like DB and vault spam

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Omatsuri.4250

Omatsuri.4250

play in your region, get better internet and ect.
This is wrong section of forum to fix your problems

(edited by Omatsuri.4250)

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Get better internet…. balance shouldn’t be driven by potato Internet connections.

And in regards to the Evade spamming.. it’s not like there aren’t already punish frames and aftercasts built into DB (and Vault as someone brought it up(which was nerfed last patch /GG)). Thief Evades have been nerfed the last couple of patches already so again /GG. And it’s not like they can Perma Evade due to nerfs and aftercasts and punish frames.

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Get better internet…. balance shouldn’t be driven by potato Internet connections.

And in regards to the Evade spamming.. it’s not like there aren’t already punish frames and aftercasts built into DB (and Vault as someone brought it up(which was nerfed last patch /GG)). Thief Evades have been nerfed the last couple of patches already so again /GG. And it’s not like they can Perma Evade due to nerfs and aftercasts and punish frames.

Can i put both sides of the earth and will it?

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

drop a trap and kite them, they will jump in. Hit the thief at the end of the dodge just a funny joke.

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Pay attention to the direction of their jumping, kite the opposite direction of them.
then you will have a safe distance to do your fight back.

Condi thief

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Lol, against a thief you have a window of opportunity to hit them, while every other class has a window of opportunity to not get hit. See the difference?

DB and Vault are low skill, low risk builds and kitten like that just shouldn’t exist. I’ve been playing chokebow recently and its ridiculous how kitten like lotus training can have you downing people in a 2v1 without even realizing it.

You’re telling me, the only way to evade a kittentail of 3 conditions from a thief dodging is to dodge? How ridiculous is that? at least with bound you can still move out of the way.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The OP’s comments still stands despite what ‘countermeasures’ there are for this. Vault, DB and the subsequent dodge attacks are extremely low skill high reward mechanics that shouldn’t really exist. They should be toned down with a bit of extra aftercast.

i didn’t know condi thieves used staff :o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Condi thief

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

I’m obviously talking about the two variants of a spammable skill that has evade, and the two daredevil evades that have attacks.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

This !

He should be asking more more attacks that are more instant/fast paced , rather than asking Thiefs to be nerfed again

On break

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Hmm, attacking from Range when you’re 1v1 is almost impossible unless you intentionally give them the point. And even then they could just keep dodging.

I think the best thing is to use Greatsword. The GS 5 when used at the appropriate time can knock a Thief out of his rotation. Also taking the Hyena pet, and the Smokescale. Why the Hyena? because it can summon a second hyena that also has a knockdown. The more chances you have for unexpected CC, the better you will be at beating the condi thieves and thieves in general really. I would also make sure to have “Protect Me” and the trait Beastly Warden in Beastmastery. It works incredibly well and from any range, it is also an unexpected CC that can change the tide of any fight.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Lol, against a thief you have a window of opportunity to hit them, while every other class has a window of opportunity to not get hit. See the difference?

DB and Vault are low skill, low risk builds and kitten like that just shouldn’t exist. I’ve been playing chokebow recently and its ridiculous how kitten like lotus training can have you downing people in a 2v1 without even realizing it.

You’re telling me, the only way to evade a kittentail of 3 conditions from a thief dodging is to dodge? How ridiculous is that? at least with bound you can still move out of the way.

If players are standing in a CG field long enough for you to Spam enough CG you must be in bronze. Since SB Thief is very weak, spamming all Initiative to stack up poison and using Dodges to stack cover Condis and poison leaves them with little defenses. Try playing that build in gold 3 or above it doesn’t work since most people in those tiers know how to not stand in AoE circles.

And one last time Thief Evades have been nerfed the last couple patches they are nowhere near Perma Evade.

Condi thief

in PvP

Luci.7018

In all defence this is a captured based mode Sly , but yeah they should increase the Vigor for all the ppl that have problems with Theifs

On break

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Hmm, attacking from Range when you’re 1v1 is almost impossible unless you intentionally give them the point. And even then they could just keep dodging.

I think the best thing is to use Greatsword. The GS 5 when used at the appropriate time can knock a Thief out of his rotation. Also taking the Hyena pet, and the Smokescale. Why the Hyena? because it can summon a second hyena that also has a knockdown. The more chances you have for unexpected CC, the better you will be at beating the condi thieves and thieves in general really. I would also make sure to have “Protect Me” and the trait Beastly Warden in Beastmastery. It works incredibly well and from any range, it is also an unexpected CC that can change the tide of any fight.

Yeah you do allow them to decap the point while you attack from range (unless you’re DH). If you land your combos correctly and kill them in less than 10 seconds then the decap was worth the time. Dying on point just because you don’t want them to decap is a bad choice, they’ll just fullcap while you’re respawning.

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

In all defence this is a captured based mode Sly , but yeah they should increase the Vigor for all the ppl that have problems with Theifs

Powercreep isn’t the answer, nerfing all the powercreep is. And no one has problems when other classes can force players off point with massive AoE Spam…. and again the CG fields take multiples or Combo finishers to make it even remotely strong.

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I’m obviously talking about the two variants of a spammable skill that has evade, and the two daredevil evades that have attacks.

It wasn’t that obvious. Besides neither of those 2 builds are really meta and got nerfed multiple times since HoT launch. Surely, they are braindead (d/d condi at least) but i don’t see them really being a threat. It is easy to yell “omg this is OP, nerf plox” but how would you change (assuming ofc that other classes see nerfs as well)?

I for my part wish they really stopped pushing condi builds on thieves and reworked db into something that could be more useful for d/d power builds since the rest of the spells are power basically.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Condi thief

in PvP

Luci.7018

Powercreep isn’t the answer, nerfing all the powercreep is. And no one has problems when other classes can force players off point with massive AoE Spam…. and again the CG fields take multiples or Combo finishers to make it even remotely strong.

But giving the same tool in the other classes can make the community more happy , rather than whinning all the time and asking for nerfs
Just like the Dragonhunter traps , Bomb Enginners and Theif Poison field , can help to push away players from sitting the base 24/7 , while they are forced to use any utility slot , leaving the vanuable …

On break

Condi thief

in PvP

Luci.7018

It wasn’t that obvious. Besides neither of those 2 builds are really meta and got nerfed multiple times since HoT launch. Surely, they are braindead (d/d condi at least) but i don’t see them really being a threat. It is easy to yell “omg this is OP, nerf plox” but how would you change (assuming ofc that other classes see nerfs as well)?

I for my part wish they really stopped pushing condi builds on thieves and reworked db into something that could be more useful for d/d power builds since the rest of the spells are power basically.

This !

They should make all spells across all the classes to have the same damage as Power Bound , that can crit ppl that havent invested into toughtness for 5-7k , rather than nerfing thiefs .
Because its aoe , it punish the stacking on bases also !

On break

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

The main problem is
When air , fire sigil are remove, you don’t make the enough damage between the window of their dodge frame. That’s why condi thief is very hard to kill now. And when evades have been nerfed the last patches, many spammmmer need dagger 3 to fill up their evades spammmm , that’s why now condi thief are everywhere.

>>> Why people need a brain to fight a brainless spamming build?? <<<

Did we have way to duel with them? Yes.

Is this fair and balance? No.

Is this fun to play? No.

Is this make people feel bad? Yes, if you fight a unskill spammmer and you still going dead.

Does the design need to consider the user’s mind?
Yes, They will leave and will not tell you that they use action to decide.

Is there a lot of population here? …….

How to fix this? Ask Anet’s genius designer.

Anyways, People Feel this is not Fair. Then we no need to talk more. I can just sure that somebody else left this time because of condi thief. Again~!

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Again there are multiple ways to fight this build, mainly Ccs during Punish frames which if they are DB spamming they can’t stop you.

Try to play the build in Gold+ the build gets rekt, there is a reason for that, and that’s called decent players being decent and know how to fight against the brainless bad build. Especially now with all the Evade nerfs to Thief the last few patches it can’t Perma eveade and has ample opportunities to punish it when it has no resources to evade….

Just saying it’s an L2P issue against an easy to counter build

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Look at the pic and know why GW2 has failure in HoT.

“The Balance and Fair is not decide by me, you or dev.”
“The Balance and Fair is decide by population and feeling of user.”

The population don’t lie. It will tell you where the problem is.

GW2 give most of people bad feeling. There never have a healty evironment to let newbie grow up. People feel unplayable and ridiculous then continuous leaving. And no new blood will destory the system, destory the MMR.

and Where all of the problem come from?
Design. They never thinking as a user, be a user when they design.

Attachments:

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I find it’s not that bad in pvp. It’s pretty broken in wvw thanks to certain stats/sigils/runes/food, but I can actually fight back in pvp because they don’t have that.

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Xeonage you want them to balance around potato Internet, which is a no no. Nice pretty graphic but that is all it is a graphic with no real bearing on anything…. anyone can make a graphic and claim it means something…

Condi thief

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Xeonage you want them to balance around potato Internet, which is a no no. Nice pretty graphic but that is all it is a graphic with no real bearing on anything…. anyone can make a graphic and claim it means something…

Just a example, don’t be serious. i just want to tell them hit when dodge end is just not work for many ppls and situation.
and I love my ping armor, it save me many time and let me do many trick move, lol

But Seriously, I think the design needs to take into consider this problem.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Sly and Cynz do you play on the Eu ? because i cant you in the Leaderboard

(are you w8ing till every1 else mess they MMR)
(because i dont know the gold tier 3 meta )

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Sly doyou play on the Eu ? because i cant you in the Leaderboard ..

(are you w8ing till every1 else mess they MMR)
(because i dont know the gold tier 3 meta )

Nope not on Eu and I have been away this last week for business so haven’t done placement matches yet. Cynz I believe plays Eu, from everything my friends who are all gold plus have been keeping me in touch with what is mostly seen and effective currently in yolo Queue in everything Gold and up

Condi thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

You can easily tell what’s effective when you see the saturation of certain builds being used in higher tiers of play even with low matches played, the yolo Queue Meta didn’t get all that upset from previous seasons the majority of players Na using Thief in Gold+ are using Power D/P same as usual, there has only been 1-2 player using Condi at those higher levels which is par for previous seasons.

and yes some players besides the select few that only play enough to maintain their higher rating have played more than 25 games.

I can’t wait to see in person what is saturating gold and up when I get home from my trip, but based on Streams and Friends input it’s easy to see how the yolo queue Meta is forming in Gold plus.

I don’t see why I remind you of him/her I don’t make Woe is Thief post in every single thread. I think the game space overall still needs shaves and nerfs, Thief included, I just call out the people crying for nerfs and witch hunting thieves without touching anything else in game since Balance isn’t in a vacuum. Hell I want them to take the nerfs in Pvp to Thief Evade Spam to be rolled out to WvW. Changes like that are healthy for the game, right now I think they need to take a look at the CC Spam from every class and reduce those next

(edited by Sly.9518)

Condi thief

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

necro corruption and condi transfers then staff 4 and then f1 -theyll usually crack – also a mesmer with nullfield/shatter condi clears