Condition Builds just got buffed

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

From latest patch notes:

-Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

in PvP

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

From latest patch notes:

-Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

this is not a buff, this was a bug that they’ve fixed, condition damage is now back to as it was before the patch

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its not a buff it just improves how conditions work. I could explain but I cba. The average case is unchanged.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Aw yissss this is huge for terrormancer builds, ty anet

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

LOL no dude, this bug was introduced with the mondays patch, now its fixed, during the last week condi’s were nerfed due to a bug. geez

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Its not a buff it just improves how conditions work. I could explain but I cba. The average case is unchanged.

This is correct. It’s a buff in terms of consistency. But it’s actually a very slight nerf for necromancers that knew how to line up fears to get an extra tick of Terror.

Not really. It’s overall a buff for every terrormancer, because you will still get that tick. Every other necro will as well, that the only difference. As a thief/mesmer, I’m sad that every thief/mesmer can now port to the upper ledge on Niflhel without standing on this narrow spot on the stairs where it used to work. But at least sw2 (thief) and sw3 (mesmer) work there now, so I won’t complain.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Fear is still buged

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is correct. It’s a buff in terms of consistency. But it’s actually a very slight nerf for necromancers that knew how to line up fears to get an extra tick of Terror.

Not really. It’s overall a buff for every terrormancer, because you will still get that tick. Every other necro will as well, that the only difference. As a thief/mesmer, I’m sad that every thief/mesmer can now port to the upper ledge on Niflhel without standing on this narrow spot on the stairs where it used to work. But at least sw2 (thief) and sw3 (mesmer) work there now, so I won’t complain.

Fear was unaffected by the change because the condition causes no damage. The Terror trait does.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If you knew how condi damage worked before you would see hos its not a buff. The average case now just happens everytime. As i said, i could explain but i cba

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.