Condition Redesign

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Feeling like Conditions have truly lost their identity. Basically some overlap in what they are truly needed for, making them have the same function which is bursting/High damage overtime, but even the unique conditions have been pushed into not being as unique anymore as well.

Torment - The player should really be taking little to no damage from torment if they are not moving. Could just remove damage on standing still

Confusion - Confusion should not be effecting auto attacks, this will bring counter play outside of just cleansing the condition. Every other skill will continue to be effected by confusion. Remove is passive tick damage if target is performing no actions other then Auto attack.

Burning - Damage will now be added up overtime instead of having a flat out burn burst of damage. Instead of stacking in damage, it will now just be stacking in duration. Evading cleanses burns.

Bleeding - Is perfectly fine, needs to have faster ticks.

Poison - Fine as it is, has the healing reduction purpose.

Chill - Removed:Does not effect skill recharge.

Cripple - Added: Increases energy use on evades.

Immobolize - Instead of stopping the player, it makes it so they cannot evade.
Can also just be removed from the game.

Stuns - Diminishing returns. This is to help reduce CC spam and reward players for stunning at the right time instead of punishing the opponent before they have a chance.

Weakness - Only effects reducing damage.

Fear - This is ok.

Blind - Only allow players to be blinded from the front.

Daze - This is fine. Fix passive Dazing done by game mechanics though. Randomly have skills go on cooldown and not actually have its effects used is a big bummer.

Vulnerability - This is fine.

(edited by iKeostuKen.2738)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Bleeding is absolutely not fine. Some specs can unleash insane stacks of bleeding for too long of a duration. Other specs do weak bleeding damage with too low of a duration. Bleeding, IMO, should be a weak but long lasting condition. Perhaps it should also function differently with cleanses. Bleeding can have the advantage of keeping you combat longer due to its duration and regular cleansing doesn’t work, but it does more damage depending on your health. So at 100% hp, it does little damage, but at 25% hp, it does 4x the damage as an example. This’ll help healing have a greater impact against it too. Think about it this way too. There’s nothing magical about bleeding, so how does “cleansing” work against it? Healing on the other hand, can heal wounds that cause bleeding, and a bigger wound is going to bleed more, so healing fixes wounds, and thus, less bleeding.

I like the idea of burning being cleanses on dodge rolling. It makes sense, just like bigger wounds increase blood loss.

Chill effecting skill recharge is fine with me, but it needs to be 33% at most. Movement speed could also be effected, but only by 25% at most.

Crippling is fine as is IMO.

I agree that poison is fine, but there should be fewer sources of it because of its powerful effect.

I like the idea of torment doing no damage when not moving, but then it should probably do even more damage while moving. This change has a strong effect on PvE, as bad torment is in PvE.

There’s no need for diminishing returns on stuns. CC just needs to be reduced overall. Diminishing returns doesn’t solve the issue of there being too many CCs in the game from elite specs. Fewer CCs will also make their use require more skill and timing because they can no longer be seemingly spammed.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The only thing I can agree with is Torment shouldn’t deal much damage if the target is standing still, but they changed that due to PvE. They could split how Torment works between game modes I suppose.

As for the rest, I see no attempt to make conditions more unique, but rather to unnecessarily nerf conditions across the board. Thankfully, these are the types of changes that will never make it in game.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Burning – Damage will now be added up overtime instead of having a flat out burn burst of damage. Instead of stacking in damage, it will now just be stacking in duration. Evading cleanses burns.

Me/Someone else attempting to do damage to someone should never stop someone else/me doing damage to someone. Its one of the reasons the stack cap was changes from is tech limited calculation intensive issue as well as why most things now stack in duration.

Imagine if you started hitting 0’s on someone since someone else was hitting them first but took priority.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

Bleeding is absolutely not fine. Some specs can unleash insane stacks of bleeding for too long of a duration. Other specs do weak bleeding damage with too low of a duration. Bleeding, IMO, should be a weak but long lasting condition. Perhaps it should also function differently with cleanses. Bleeding can have the advantage of keeping you combat longer due to its duration and regular cleansing doesn’t work, but it does more damage depending on your health. So at 100% hp, it does little damage, but at 25% hp, it does 4x the damage as an example. This’ll help healing have a greater impact against it too. Think about it this way too. There’s nothing magical about bleeding, so how does “cleansing” work against it? Healing on the other hand, can heal wounds that cause bleeding, and a bigger wound is going to bleed more, so healing fixes wounds, and thus, less bleeding.

I like the idea of burning being cleanses on dodge rolling. It makes sense, just like bigger wounds increase blood loss.

Chill effecting skill recharge is fine with me, but it needs to be 33% at most. Movement speed could also be effected, but only by 25% at most.

Crippling is fine as is IMO.

I agree that poison is fine, but there should be fewer sources of it because of its powerful effect.

I like the idea of torment doing no damage when not moving, but then it should probably do even more damage while moving. This change has a strong effect on PvE, as bad torment is in PvE.

There’s no need for diminishing returns on stuns. CC just needs to be reduced overall. Diminishing returns doesn’t solve the issue of there being too many CCs in the game from elite specs. Fewer CCs will also make their use require more skill and timing because they can no longer be seemingly spammed.

I honestly know of Thieves and Rangers who inflict major loads of bleed, and possibly Warriors. But i do like the aspect of bleeding more or less depending on who much health the player has, that’s a really cool idea.

Chill, still sort of feel like the skill charge increase shouldn’t be there. Maybe slower cast times, but thats basically what slow is.

Regarding poison, i think as long as their is runes and sigils that proc it, it will always be here. Is this mostly a Adventurer class specific condition also? I cant think of any other class outside the the adventurer school that has access to poison without runes and sigils. Besides Necro.

The torment change definitely should be split between game modes since it could/would effect PvE.

I also only suggested cripple change due to chill being a lot better. But also agreeing that CC needs to be completely tuned down, especially given how much their in in this game.

The only thing I can agree with is Torment shouldn’t deal much damage if the target is standing still, but they changed that due to PvE. They could split how Torment works between game modes I suppose.

As for the rest, I see no attempt to make conditions more unique, but rather to unnecessarily nerf conditions across the board. Thankfully, these are the types of changes that will never make it in game.

Idk how these wouldnt make conditions more unique. Its changes to bring out their true strengths while also getting rid of their sketchy unneeded effects. Makes fora much healthier pvp experience.

Burning – Damage will now be added up overtime instead of having a flat out burn burst of damage. Instead of stacking in damage, it will now just be stacking in duration. Evading cleanses burns.

Me/Someone else attempting to do damage to someone should never stop someone else/me doing damage to someone. Its one of the reasons the stack cap was changes from is tech limited calculation intensive issue as well as why most things now stack in duration.

Imagine if you started hitting 0’s on someone since someone else was hitting them first but took priority.

It wouldnt really be stopping anyone from doing damage. As it would continue to stack the duration of the condition per application. This will bring out more condition duration builds if they plan to focus on Burning or whatever else that plans to add damage overtime on effects.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

It wouldnt really be stopping anyone from doing damage. As it would continue to stack the duration of the condition per application. This will bring out more condition duration builds if they plan to focus on Burning or whatever else that plans to add damage overtime on effects.

Scenario 1:
Player A burns someone.
Player B burns someone.
Player C suffers 1 stack of burn first doing damage from player A then player B.
Player C removes the condition
Player B does NO damage.

Scenario 2 and 3:
Player A burns someone.
Player B burns someone.
Player B doesn’t do any damage until the burn from player A is done. Player B doesn’t know the effectiveness of their actions.
Player C is taking negligible burn damage from player A’s burn so decides not to do anything. Players B’s burn takes over and starts doing far more damage. Player C had no clear indication this was going to happen, was ill prepared and takes more damage than necessary.

Scenario 4:
Player A burns someone.
Player B burns someone.
Player C is now suffering from 30s of burning.
Player A and B continue to cover this. Player C cant do anything but suffer from burning since the LIFO condition cleanse system stops them from getting to it unless they use a full cleanse.

I could go on and on.

Like i said burn USED to function like this but they changed it to stack in intensity for a reason.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

-Snip-

And that change is one of the reasons why its broken for PvP. Achieving high stacks of burn is to easy as it is, which is why burning over duration is better. Working as a team to keep the burn active is what should be what the focus.

Completely get rid of the condition damage aspect of it. Make it work for duration exclusively.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

-Snip-

And that change is one of the reasons why its broken for PvP. Achieving high stacks of burn is to easy as it is, which is why burning over duration is better. Working as a team to keep the burn active is what should be what the focus.

Completely get rid of the condition damage aspect of it. Make it work for duration exclusively.

So people should work as a team to maintain one source of power damage? Why should a players capability be dependant on someone else if they built their character around one thing?

You cant remove the condition damage aspect of it since its the burst damage condition. comparatively speaking burn has shorter duration that any other condition in game. If you removed the scaling aspect then anyone would and will end up doing high damage with burn.

Nobody likes negative feedback but the idea is just bad and full of holes. If the Balance team wanted to reduce the effectiveness of burning they already have so many options.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

-Snip-

So people should work as a team to maintain one source of power damage? Why should a players capability be dependant on someone else if they built their character around one thing?

You cant remove the condition damage aspect of it since its the burst damage condition. comparatively speaking burn has shorter duration that any other condition in game. If you removed the scaling aspect then anyone would and will end up doing high damage with burn.

Nobody likes negative feedback but the idea is just bad and full of holes. If the Balance team wanted to reduce the effectiveness of burning they already have so many options.

Why should a damage over time condition be bursting anyone?

Does Teamwork really bug you that much? Its not like it requires much management as there are classes that proc burns with no problem, on top of other conditions I must add. Burns as with most conditions have long duration also. Not sure why you think they have some of the shortest, are you speccing for Expertise?

If burn is cleansed then they will have to reapply it, in which it starts to re rack up on damage afterwards starting from 200-400, and gradually increases over prolonged duration. Burn should just be flatout damage across the board with this change.

What are the many options of making burn damage better besides tuning the numbers on it?

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

-Snip-

Does Teamwork really bug you that much? Its not like it requires much management as there are classes that proc burns with no problem, on top of other conditions I must add. Burns as with most conditions have long duration also. Not sure why you think they have some of the shortest, are you speccing for Expertise?

If burn is cleansed then they will have to reapply it, in which it starts to re rack up on damage afterwards starting from 200-400, and gradually increases over prolonged duration. Burn should just be flatout damage across the board with this change.

Does it bother you THAT much that condition in this game arent classical slow damage? You can have power or condi burst, sustain etc etc. There is no difference between what they cant do. You are only limiting yourself and the game if you think one has to conform to anything in particular. People need to stop being locked in the paradigm that damage over time means slow.

No teamwork doesnt bother me but why should a player be constrained in what they can do based on their team? Why should player A, who has specced for condi damage and burns be denied the full use of their build since someone else applies weaker burns on auto, on field etc etc.. Imagine not being able to land a back stab/killshow/eviserate/gravedigger/executioners scythe/ maul/true shot etc etc because someone is auto attacking..people would go nuts. Read my post carefully. I said and imply that by comparison burns as a group on average tend to have shorter durations than any other condition in the game ;bleeds have the longest overall as a group . Its a fact because its how they were designed.

If burn was flat damage then it would have WAY to many problems. Similar to might stacking builds of the past.

What are the many options of making burn damage better besides tuning the numbers on it?

• Duration (trates, sigils, base )
  • Condi damage scaling
  • Base damage ( because unlike power with is total multiplicitive condis have a base )
  • Number of stacks per skill
  • Trait/skill counters ( looking at you stop drop and roll / hide in the shadows and the like )
  • Visibility of skills that apply burn ( seen what happened to pin down, point blank shot, air blast etc )
  • Cooldown of skills/traits that apply it

etc

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

-Snip-

Does it bother you THAT much that condition in this game arent classical slow damage? You can have power or condi burst, sustain etc etc. There is no difference between what they cant do. You are only limiting yourself and the game if you think one has to conform to anything in particular. People need to stop being locked in the paradigm that damage over time means slow.

No teamwork doesnt bother me but why should a player be constrained in what they can do based on their team? Why should player A, who has specced for condi damage and burns be denied the full use of their build since someone else applies weaker burns on auto, on field etc etc.. Imagine not being able to land a back stab/killshow/eviserate/gravedigger/executioners scythe/ maul/true shot etc etc because someone is auto attacking..people would go nuts. Read my post carefully. I said and imply that by comparison burns as a group on average tend to have shorter durations than any other condition in the game ;bleeds have the longest overall as a group . Its a fact because its how they were designed.

If burn was flat damage then it would have WAY to many problems. Similar to might stacking builds of the past.

• Condi damage scaling
  • Base damage ( because unlike power with is total multiplicitive condis have a base )
  • Trait/skill counters ( looking at you stop drop and roll / hide in the shadows and the like )
  • Visibility of skills that apply burn ( seen what happened to pin down, point blank shot, air blast etc )

etc

It bothers me how poorly implemented it is in a game, yes. If things wanted to kill quickly then that is what power/precision builds are for. Conditions should not be able to go toe to toe in that position for fastest TTK.

No player will be constrained if its implemented correctly. Since applying duration is key. If a player is only focusing on one aspect of dealing damage then that is them constraining themselves. Only Guardians would be the ones to suffer from not being able to deal other conditons, but they have additional tools on top of keeping burn pressure going when it comes to their skills.

The team’s burn applications add together in duration, similar to boons. Not really sure how it would be short duration if multiple players are making sure to keep it up with minimal effort. Condition builds are really not hard to play.

A lot of those are basically just tuning the numbers. Functionality, imo, needs to be changed for it to be a more unique condition, or else it would just be a more dangerous bleed as it is now. Having burn means you dont really need any other condition unless its to add a buffer to counter cleansing.

Also this is a pvp specific change, wouldn’t even touch PvE.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Conditions only kill faster when cleanse is overwhelmed. Ironically because cleanse exists it has to burst in order to do damage before it gets cleansed. Higher cleanse post HoT requires even greater burst.

Remove condi cleanse for damaging conditions and then nerf conditions to do damage over time. That is the only real way to balance conditions the way you want (slower TTK). Otherwise, burst away

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

condi duration does a kitten in pvp too many cleanses, active and auto proc, for making it.
a rework for condies have to be around condi aplication and cleanse, limit the kittenload of diferent condies bombs aplied by only one atack, warriors mace f1 cof, cof, limit the kittenload of masive cleanses(ele cleanse bot cof, cof, druid CA cof, cof), remove condi sigils(on swap and on critical), limit the number of condies aplied by a single toon, normalize damage and side efects and make if you want to spike burst with condies coordinate a condi team spike
only if it is done its posible to talk about balancing around duration

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

-Snip-

• Condi damage scaling

etc

If things wanted to kill quickly then that is what power/precision builds are for. Conditions should not be able to go toe to toe in that position for fastest TTK.

Alright, no point in listening anymore. Just another guy that hates dying to conditions because they don’t work like they do in other games and wants them nerfed.

No idea why you all just don’t stuff your complaints and “ideas” (lol) in a single thread instead of constantly opening new ones.

Btw. burning used to stack in duration, it was horrible design, they changed it, perhaps you weren’t around for that eh?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Feeling like Conditions have truly lost their identity.

Cripple - Added: Increases energy use on evades.

Because feelings are what balance a game…

Also you need to be more specific or else nobody is going to take you seriously.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

snip

I just dont think your understanding me and thats fine.

Your post and proposals just come across as convoluted and “I dont like conditions therefore they must be changed”, “I dont like dying to conditions”, “conditions are upper nonsense”.

One of the major problems with conditions is perception. There is nowhere in the game it teaches you about conditions and that they can be a threat. The amount of pve encounters where they are any threat can be counted on one hand so players never learn they can be downed quickly by any of these. They also end up with a mentality that you should be able to cleanse all conditions.

Secondly they suffer from people believing they should function the same in this game as a majority of other games. Conditions are designed not to be supplemental but as their own main damage source. But generally speaking from equivalent builds per unit of time you will take more power damage than condition damage.

Thirdly they suffer from a problem where is a skill they applies conditions is overtuned then conditions as a whole are to blame but if a power skill is overtuned then its just that skill that is the problem.

Fourth people tend to say " well their was a cap of 25 before so..blah blah." The reason there was a cap before was because of technical limitations they had. I cant find the original post but I can find dulfys summary of the AMA here and when they managed to overcome this issue and talked about the furstration of duration stacking conditions and the changes here

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

As i’ve said before. This is directed towards PvP. I honestly could care less about any other mode of the game and believe each mode should be separated. Havent even played PvE since year one because it was honestly to easy of a game. What the changes i suggested do is provide a more active way to play the game, for the condi and non condi players. More thinking and not just press buttons to win. But actual planning on how to use skills and countering them instead of having OhSht or kill kill kill buttons.

The way pvp is now is honestly pathetic, and it shows, and things need to change for the better. Moving towards a system that increases a players ability to think ahead in battle is one of them instead of just having to stack condition clears, stun breaks, etc.

And please just stop with the, “Im dieing to conditions”, nonsense. I dont meta build and basically theory craft many different builds to play among my favorite classes. Even if my builds aren’t the best, I myself see how ridiculously easy it is to play condition builds, especially when I’m on my mesmer.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

“As i’ve said before. This is directed towards PvP.”

The the links may be pve centric but they were still and issue in pvp. You couldnt take more than one condi class because you stepped on someone elses toes. If you refuse to see that then thats your issue. Again imagine not being able to do power damage because someone else is attacking your target and tell me how frustrating and un-intuative that would be? Please go ahead. Did you play the game when conditions stacked in duration? (June 23rd 2015)

“What the changes i suggested do is provide a more active way to play the game”

Your changes are convoluted and un-untiative. Its not more active or fun. Its needlessly changing things to be frustrating to some players, confusing to others and in general overly complicated.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

“As i’ve said before. This is directed towards PvP.”

The the links may be pve centric but they were still and issue in pvp. You couldnt take more than one condi class because you stepped on someone elses toes. If you refuse to see that then thats your issue. Again imagine not being able to do power damage because someone else is attacking your target and tell me how frustrating and un-intuative that would be? Please go ahead. Did you play the game when conditions stacked in duration? (June 23rd 2015)

“What the changes i suggested do is provide a more active way to play the game”

Your changes are convoluted and un-untiative. Its not more active or fun. Its needlessly changing things to be frustrating to some players, confusing to others and in general overly complicated.

As it only effects burning, i’m pretty sure it’d be fine as other conditions will still be able to stack with intensity. How much damage one does shouldn’t really matter in team play if the target still dies. Just makes it less cheesy for both the attacker and the defender. And yes i did play back then, that’s when the game actually felt unique and classes had more specific roles instead of being one many army.

Your glad to have your opinion, but as it stands right now, the current system thats currently in the game is basically one of the reasons why PvP has lost a lot of players, and isn’t receiving any esport support. Why? Because the game is basically a mess. And what you described is basically what happens when any class is buffed or nerfed. But its ok if you rather have a mindless system if you find that more fun.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

What needs to be done imo.
-remove chill and immobilize. There is enough cc and gw2 has a dynamic combat so movement is an essential part.
-remove passive ticks on confusion again and increase on-cast-damage.
-lower or remove damage on torment when not moving

And most importantly: add a godkitten cc timer.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

As it only effects burning, i’m pretty sure it’d be fine as other conditions will still be able to stack with intensity.

What about burning guardian and P/P Engineer?

How much damage one does shouldn’t really matter in team play if the target still dies. Just makes it less cheesy for both the attacker and the defender.

Ok, so if someone is jumping and just hit the enemy to deal no damage it’ll be fine if his mates will kill the target? So wise..

-remove chill and immobilize. There is enough cc and gw2 has a dynamic combat so movement is an essential part.

So basically make classes unkitable and destroy reapers and mesmers..

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Never said the system right now is good. I said your ideas weren’t. Very different.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

No I say that cripple is enough of a cc. Replacing chill with cripple wouldn’t destroy anything.
Okay… A bit of immo may be acceptable. But only as a well timed cc. 2 sec would be the absolute maximum that is acceptable. Not something like 5000hrs binding roots.
Actually I’d go as far as to say that immo is worse than stun because stun breakers are instant but not all con removes are.

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Vitali.5039

No I say that cripple is enough of a cc. Replacing chill with cripple wouldn’t destroy anything.
Okay… A bit of immo may be acceptable. But only as a well timed cc. 2 sec would be the absolute maximum that is acceptable. Not something like 5000hrs binding roots.

Lol, i can see when all the chill reaper traits will proc with cripple, the age of MM condi build with Bone Fiend, Flash Golem, Greatsword, Scepter and.. Warhorn

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

Lol, i can see when all the chill reaper traits will proc with cripple, the age of MM condi build with Bone Fiend, Flash Golem, Greatsword, Scepter and.. Warhorn

Of course the traits would have to be adapted… Man do I always have to write a wall of text with every little detail? =(
OK.. Let’s make chill the same as cripple but keep the condition and traits. Sounds easy enough.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Vitali.5039

Of course the traits would have to be adapted… Man do I always have to write a wall of text with every little detail? =(
OK.. Let’s make chill the same as cripple but keep the condition and traits. Sounds easy enough.

Redesign a class to change a condition.. let the class redesign for Revenants plz.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

As it only effects burning, i’m pretty sure it’d be fine as other conditions will still be able to stack with intensity.

How much damage one does shouldn’t really matter in team play if the target still dies. Just makes it less cheesy for both the attacker and the defender.

Ok, so if someone is jumping and just hit the enemy to deal no damage it’ll be fine if his mates will kill the target? So wise..

Engineers have access to more conditions then just burning. If anything theyl be able to keep burns up the most. Gaurdians as well, but they have extra utility when it comes to their burn skills so it makes up for it.

I mean, its basically what we already have. Blinds, Aegis, Blocks, Invulns etc. Power misses and is negated by a lot of things in this game.

Not even sure why you guys keep saying they will deal no damage when they add duration ontop of the already burning stacks. 4 seconds of burn would basically be 1.2k dmg, constantly going up by intervals every second. Basically what we have now but with more counterplay to counter condition spam in pvp. The “me me me” mentality is ridiculous these days.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Vitali.5039

Engineers have access to more conditions then just burning. If anything theyl be able to keep burns up the most. Gaurdians as well, but they have extra utility when it comes to their burn skills so it makes up for it.

I mean, its basically what we already have. Blinds, Aegis, Blocks, Invulns etc. Power misses and is negated by a lot of things in this game.

Not even sure why you guys keep saying they will deal no damage when they add duration ontop of the already burning stacks. 4 seconds of burn would basically be 1.2k dmg, constantly going up by intervals every second. Basically what we have now but with more counterplay to counter condition spam in pvp. The “me me me” mentality is ridiculous these days.

And the other Engineer condition deals a lot of damage, right? Burning guardians kill with burn, not with Blinds, Aegis, Blocks.. if the enemy isn’t a noob and know that with great blocks comes great burning stacks.
What’s the point in stacking 24 hour condition to deal the same damage?

(edited by Vitali.5039)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

Because stacking duration increases damage per second. Pretty easy to understand. Not blowing all your burns quickly and spacing them out is how itl be effective. Teammates reapplying burns is how the dmg will keep going up to a capped amt of dmg.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Because stacking duration increases damage per second. Pretty easy to understand. Not blowing all your burns quickly and spacing them out is how itl be effective. Teammates reapplying burns is how the dmg will keep going up to a capped amt of dmg.

I’m pretty sure stacking duration does not increase damage per second. Because damage per second is … well…. damage per second, the damage you deal in A second. If the burn damage is stacked in duration, yes, you’d deal more damage the longer the burn is applied but that only works if the burn isn’t removed.

I personally like that burning is a short lived but higher damage condition.
Did i die to it a lot? Sure, but the respective builds have to spec everything into burning and how to apply it, so they lose other possible utility and defense.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Vitali.5039

Because stacking duration increases damage per second

stacking duration

damage per second

O
M
G

Not blowing all your burns quickly and spacing them out is how itl be effective. Teammates reapplying burns is how the dmg will keep going up to a capped amt of dmg.

So.. useful!

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Honestly I don’t see much problem with how the conditions themselves are implemented. Most of the issues are rooted in how much a given class can apply them. Biggest offenders here would be burnguard, condi mesmer and condi warrior as these are the bursty condi classes. Necro is more like the traditional attrition type, and condi thief as well to a lesser degree.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Condi mesmer isn’t bursty unless you mindlessly spam skills with lots of confusion on you. Condi warrior isn’t very bursty either. Killing somebody in10 or more seconds in not burst. The only somewhat bursty condition is burn and it still requires more than 1 or 2 seconds to kill with it, even if the target does nothing. Power offers still more potential burst.

(Doesn’t mean, all those condi builds are balanced, some could definitely be nerfed, but the same applies to some power builds)

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

LOL a big LOL to this

Duration dont matters on actual pvp, a kittenload of cleanses are available for everyone, if duration means somethings ppl will equip duration amulets but they didnt, if you cant burst you do not condi dmg

Making condies staking duration requires a full rework of dmg mechanics:
1-increase the flat dmg of all skills
2-make power only crit relevant not base dmg multipier
This way condi users will not be weet noodles in normal dmg, and condies and crit become mechanics for the “extra dmg” .you have to chose:
- power: high extra instant crit dmg
- condies: high extra overtime dmg
- bunker: no extra dmg

Condition Redesign

in PvP

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

for some reason, I have this sneaking suspicion that OP is a thief main who burst himself while blindly spamming auto’s with confusion on. or auto’ing vs a channeled block w/ guardian runes xD

why make burn less bursty but bleed more bursty? isn’t the “true identity” of burn burst while bleed is lower-but-longer dmg?

Condition Redesign

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

Nah, actually used to be a condi mesmer main who thinks the game is to easy and can see the problems with conditions. Thief is my least played class besides warrior because i find them to be really braindead to play as.

Im not good myself which is why i know if i can easily beat players with condi spam that something is wrong.

Being a engineer that specialized in burn builds, i see how cheap it is when on the other foot as stacking burns is childs play as a engi, when my abilities actually do want to hit their target. Meaning not missing a point blank blowtorch to someones face cause game says nope.

Bleeds wont ever really be bursty unless your a ranger or thief that specializes in them. Ticking faster makes them more unique then any other condition. But like someone else said, bleeds should reach their real damage potential when a player is below a certain amount of hp, makes sense.

Conditions should actually have conditions of effectiveness instead of just being DoTs. Burns wills till be the most damaging condition, but as stated before, itl have an actual condition to achieve its real potential, duration. Hell if you wanna keep players condition damage on it fine, but make it so the damage racks up instead of being dealt instantly. Starting low and then ending high if it stays on the player.