Condition-based Engineer build (video)

in PvP

Posted by: Optics.3289

Optics.3289

This build might seem outdated to many of the turret/HGH builds at the moment, but the trait points stack high amounts of condition usage and damage so that this build can be very competitive.

In Legacy Of The Foefire and Forest of Niflhel, instead of the Rocket Boots utility it might be useful to swap to the Grenade Kit. That way you have different offensive opportunity as you can stand away from nodes but continue to apply strong conditions from a range. The kit also gives you a whole lot more conditions to stack with the Bomb Kit.

People might be put off by the lack of stun breaker, but I don’t believe in stun breakers as strongly as others and sometimes I think it can be a waste of a utility (don’t hate).
Enjoy the build!
I’m open to constructive comments but please don’t pointlessly criticise, I’m just trying to help players. Too many trolls have had pointless arguments with me about only being able to play the latest FOTM builds involving unbeatable and solidly damaging turrets, otherwise an Engineer is ‘terrible’

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos
I’ve made a lot of popular Engi builds in the past I swear

in PvP

Optics.3289

P.S Hopefully anyone who is largely kittened off by Youtubers advertising their videos on forums will not click on the topic and ignore it. Apologies

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

havent watch video but dunno how this build can succeed. what do you do against any ranged class, especially power, but condi too? super squishy, with no ranged dmg, isnt this a sitting duck?
you rocket boot, enemy dodges/kites away. you try tool pull, enemy dodges. then what?
what is the purpose of the build, how do you play it?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

this can be easily kited by a zerker ranger but no need to worry since most rangers have already rerolled.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

Ah the delicious tears of the impotent Prince Valentine. A triple kit engi played well can kill every class, but has a risk/reward aspect to it.

Zerker ranger is a cute “counter” suggestion, which suggests total ignorance of the fact that Rapid Fire is easily countered by Tool Kit and trying to get in his face with GS will have every condi in the game except torment with a side of blindness dumped on you.

Cool story bro

(edited by Inscrutable.8347)

in PvP

Optics.3289

havent watch video but dunno how this build can succeed. what do you do against any ranged class, especially power, but condi too? super squishy, with no ranged dmg, isnt this a sitting duck?
you rocket boot, enemy dodges/kites away. you try tool pull, enemy dodges. then what?
what is the purpose of the build, how do you play it?

Gear Shield is perfect for ranged defence. There might be a lack of ranged damage but I find that kinda pointless to point out, because with Rocket Boots you aren’t really going to be kited. Almost all Engineer builds have a slight weakness at range anyway, and if you can aim with the Grenade Kit there’s your ranged damage.

Create combo fields with Fire Bomb and Poison Grenade for Explosive Shot to deal more condition damage from a range. Purpose is the mass conditions you can build up with multiple kits, as well as the additional bunkering capabilities you get from a couple of abilities like Big Ol Bomb. Magnet Pull will hit more than it misses if you time it correctly so it can’t be dodged

in PvP

Optics.3289

this can be easily kited by a zerker ranger but no need to worry since most rangers have already rerolled.

Ranger and Mesmer have always been my vulnerability as an Engineer since day 1, but there’s ways to fight kiting.

in PvP

Optics.3289

Ah the delicious tears of the impotent Prince Valentine. A triple kit engi played well can kill every class, but has a risk/reward aspect to it.

Zerker ranger is a cute “counter” suggestion, which suggests total ignorance of the fact that Rapid Fire is easily countered by Tool Kit and trying to get in his face with GS will have every condi in the game except torment with a side of blindness dumped on you.

Cool story bro

(labels the attitude of 99% of the community) thanks btw

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

well, good luck with it. my choice of condi engi would be bomb/grenade/X, with third option being elGun, toolkit or one of the survival elixirs.