0/10…. not enough effort

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Condition classes/builds that need nerf

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

ele d/d gets wrecked by decent necro’s.
engineer. if you are glassy enough they either run or insta down.
ranger, really only the trap ranger or BM ranger could be considered OP
howver trap ranger is very easely countered (dont step into the traps) and BM rangers can really only kill thiefs.

and necro isnt supposed to be a condi class its supposed to be a condi/corrupt class

and you missed the real problem wich is any condi shatter mesmer. wich is almost uncounterable.

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

common dd ele is celestial, not condi build.. fire trait just happend to be stupidly strong… i think there are enough threads about eles now

engis suppose to do condis, i honestly don’t see much problem with them… their acess to invul/blocks on other hand could be looked at

as said before condi rangers can be easily countered and they are bottom feeders anyway… i don’t see why they should be nerfed (and i play thief which gets countered hard by those builds)

also as said before, the real broken and Op build atm is condi PU mes…. but once again there enough said about it in other threads

not trying to be mean, but maybe you should try out those builds to know how to fight them

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

… Reason i dont know them is because i dont play them…

Maybe take the time to learn the builds and classes you’re fighting instead of insta crying nerf. This whole post is simply a l2p issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

ele d/d gets wrecked by decent necro’s.
engineer. if you are glassy enough they either run or insta down.
ranger, really only the trap ranger or BM ranger could be considered OP
howver trap ranger is very easely countered (dont step into the traps) and BM rangers can really only kill thiefs.

and necro isnt supposed to be a condi class its supposed to be a condi/corrupt class

and you missed the real problem wich is any condi shatter mesmer. wich is almost uncounterable.

No decent dd ele gets wrecked by anything, necors arent the counters of eles anymore, they just have equal matches

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

An Ele and Engineer are only “OP” if the opponent team does not have a Necro.

Cele Signet Necro hardcounters Engineers and Eles.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Youre a thief, ofc you can handle that bc youre not supposed to get hit with all your stealth. Any other class which doesnt have stealth, tons of cleanses, imune skills vs condi or a necro which has two lives are kinda doomed in 10 seconds.

Sigh, that statement takes away your right to comment on necros.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

This OP has so much fail. Inexperienced people have bad opinions.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Im not 100% sure of what builds they are but its all condition builds and theyre op. Reason i dont know them is because i dont play them. Yea mesmer condi is op too but i dont face many of them in pvp. And every condi engineer & ranger ive faced have killed me within seconds due to this op crap, bc both classes have skill 1 which inflict condi over and over without breaks.

And the reason why this is a problem unless youre a warrior with immune skills vs condi, is bc you dont get enough time to kill them before youre dead. 10 seconds is about enough to kill you unless you have tons of cleanses.

This may be my favorite post ever. ”I don’t know what their builds are but they killed me so they are op!”

Also condi survival rangers generally run main hand axe/x and sword/x. Neither weapon applies conditions on auto attack. Their only weapon that does is shortbow and that requires them to be flanking you to inflict it’s bleeds. As long as you are facing them their damage is negligible… which you would know…. if you would l2p.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I have 3000 pvp games played. And you people dont even stick to the issue, you just talk around everything else. Only people who seem inexperienced are you, with your stupid answer. I have over 1000 pvp games played as necro. In fact i played condition engineer yesterday and guess what, people melted…they couldnt do kitten after enough stacks are applied. Guess what skill i used the most during it all, number 1 skill cause it apply condition over and over that can keep the stack high. Im sorry that im ruining you condition players fun with this op crap. NO CLASS CAN OUTHEAL IT or dodge it for that matter like you can vs zerk builds. Vs zerk builds you dodge the big attacks because number 1 skill itself cant kill you off as a zerk. But as a frikkin condition number 1 can kill off a person without much effort. Im sorry to ruin your illusionary world people! Since the patch, condition is a notch too op still and it need a nerf.

You can kill people as zerker with #1 as long as it crits ~50% of times.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Stupid has reached a new level. You cant kill someone with skill 1 zerk in the amount of time skill 1 condition can kill you. You dont have a stack of ticking bleeds or poision on you PLUS damage from the actual weapon skill on zerk builds.

So what you are saying is the real problem is the 200 direct dps they are hitting you with when they run condi? K.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

I think pretty much everyone who is unbiased knows that dd ele is too strong right now. It needs a nerf.

The main condi item that needs adjustment is the ability for certain classes to stack burns (dd ele, burn guardian, trap ranger). It is too easy to stack burns.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Ok obviously i have to explain it how i would explain to a little kid. You get surprise hit 6 times with skill 1 on engie with a condition build. That means you have 12 stacks of bleed. 12 is quite high and remove quite alot of health every tick. So you try to kite so you dont get more ticks on you, which leads to you cant attack the engie, all you can do is kite or run off from the node until bleed wears off and you have to waste a heal already.

Imagine getting hit by a ranger zerk with longbow (using this as an example because melee doesnt cut it when it comes to zerk you can just run off from melee). So you get surprise hit a few times, lose a bit health, but guess what. You dont have 12 stacks of bleed on you, so you can have a comeback, heal up and blind the ranger and start kiting.

Understand now kids?

Or…. (bear with me because I know this is a crazy concept) you could cleanse/transfer the conditions and then cc and kill your opponent.

A lot of people on here will agree that condition application needs to be adjusted but your post will never receive support because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. When you can’t even tell what’s killing you and you come screaming for a nerf it makes you sound like a spoiled child that throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get his way.

Spend a few weeks playing each of those builds. Learn their strengths and weaknesses and then come back with a real argument.

in PvP

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

A lot of people on here will agree that condition application needs to be adjusted but your post will never receive support because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Is there something higher than a +1? My hat off to you sir!

When you can’t even tell what’s killing you and you come screaming for a nerf it makes you sound like a spoiled child that throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get his way.

Spend a few weeks playing each of those builds. Learn their strengths and weaknesses and then come back with a real argument.

To be fair… when the rewards system makes it feel like logging is a win in and of itself, I can see why these keep popping up. Participation award(s) incoming.

in PvP

Tao.1234

Ok obviously i have to explain it how i would explain to a little kid. You get surprise hit 6 times with skill 1 on engie with a condition build. That means you have a fair amount of stack of bleed that remove quite alot of health every tick. So you try to kite so you dont get more ticks on you, which leads to you cant attack the engie, all you can do is kite or run off from the node until bleed wears off and you have to waste a heal already.

Imagine getting hit by a ranger zerk with longbow (using this as an example because melee doesnt cut it when it comes to zerk you can just run off from melee). So you get surprise hit a few times, lose a bit health, but guess what. You dont have several stacks of bleed on you, so you can have a comeback, heal up and blind the ranger and start kiting.

Understand now kids?

Close quarter combat for any ranged skill no matter if it’s condition or zerk is simply epic.
Even an engi with pistol is useless when you run around it and he can’t shoot you because you avoid his line of sight.

And just because of that, doesn’t mean you can’t attack while avoiding further condition stacking.

But newbies are newbies.

Either they face tank or disengage till they reach 2nd end of map.

Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Ok obviously i have to explain it how i would explain to a little kid. You get surprise hit 6 times with skill 1 on engie with a condition build. That means you have 12 stacks of bleed. 12 is quite high and remove quite alot of health every tick. So you try to kite so you dont get more ticks on you, which leads to you cant attack the engie, all you can do is kite or run off from the node until bleed wears off and you have to waste a heal already.

Imagine getting hit by a ranger zerk with longbow (using this as an example because melee doesnt cut it when it comes to zerk you can just run off from melee). So you get surprise hit a few times, lose a bit health, but guess what. You dont have 12 stacks of bleed on you, so you can have a comeback, heal up and blind the ranger and start kiting.

Understand now kids?

Or…. (bear with me because I know this is a crazy concept) you could cleanse/transfer the conditions and then cc and kill your opponent.

A lot of people on here will agree that condition application needs to be adjusted but your post will never receive support because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. When you can’t even tell what’s killing you and you come screaming for a nerf it makes you sound like a spoiled child that throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get his way.

I know what it is thats killing me, only reason why i dont explained my post in detail from very beginning is because its directed to anet and not you people. Anet knows very well condition etc is a tad overpowered i dont need to explain it further when theres 1 million post out there thats its op already. Ive seen your other posts on the forums, youre a condition supporter, no shocker there. The fact you also attack someone personally means you know youre wrong, which you also stated in that post. "A lot of people on here will agree that condition application needs to be adjusted but your post will never receive support because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. " (Puck). Epic sentence right there. Well its not my fault you cant comprehend what my point is when i start a thread, i dont need to explain things when its already out there, its not a new issue. I know what conditions it is that kill me, i just dont know the names of the builds because i dont play them, simple as that. It doesnt mean i didnt try them, but i dont play them. So all people who realised theyre wrong, well its not my fault you decided to ruin your ego all by yourself by arguing with me when its all common sense what i talk about.

So if the actual arguments against condi’s are out there, where people are making well thought out, reasonable arguments on what needs to be adjusted, what exactly is the point of your post? All your pointless crying is doing is cluttering the forums and drawing attention away from those relevant posts.

It can actually be argued that you are hurting the cause since your qq post basically said you are unwilling to learn what is giving you such a hard time and whether there is a way to counter it. If I knew nothing about the game and I only had your post to go off of I would assume conditions are fine and you are just a bad player.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Understand now kids?

I know what it is thats killing me, only reason why i dont explained my post in detail from very beginning is because its directed to anet and not you people. Anet knows very well condition etc is a tad overpowered i dont need to explain it further when theres 1 million post out there thats its op already. Ive seen your other posts on the forums, youre a condition supporter, no shocker there. The fact you also attack someone personally means you know youre wrong, which you also stated in that post. "A lot of people on here will agree that condition application needs to be adjusted but your post will never receive support because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. " (Puck). Epic sentence right there. Well its not my fault you cant comprehend what my point is when i start a thread, i dont need to explain things when its already out there, its not a new issue. I know what conditions it is that kill me, i just dont know the names of the builds because i dont play them, simple as that. It doesnt mean i didnt try them, but i dont play them. So all people who realised theyre wrong, well its not my fault you decided to ruin your ego all by yourself by arguing with me when its all common sense what i talk about.

So if the actual arguments against condi’s are out there, where people are making well thought out, reasonable arguments on what needs to be adjusted, what exactly is the point of your post? All your pointless crying is doing is cluttering the forums and drawing attention away from those relevant posts.

It can actually be argued that you are hurting the cause since your qq post basically said you are unwilling to learn what is giving you such a hard time and whether there is a way to counter it. If I knew nothing about the game and I only had your post to go off of I would assume conditions are fine and you are just a bad player.

Dude, the reason why, is because there are certain builds that are stronger at condition applying than others. Imo necros dont need a nerf ATM while other builds need a real nerf. So if you nerf condition in one boom some classes/builds will become alot weaker than they should. Thats why i tried to point out some classes which is redicilous when it comes to condition applying at a fast rate. Like 2 years ago necros were op with conditions (i played necro only back then). I could wipe people within seconds, and it didnt even matter how good players they were. Your arguments are just invalid and reading all these posts from you people just shows you want conditions to be as strong as they are because YOU play them atm and want to faceroll people. Simple as that. Well you have to learn sometime that if you want to win you have to work for it, you cant always take the easy way out puck.

I wonder how far you would have to dig through my post history to find something (probably taken out of context) saying I strongly support condi’s in their current form.

For the record I play power the majority of the time and I do think condi application needs a change.

That doesn’t change the fact you came on here with nothing but salty tears about how you died and they should nerf every class that you repeatedly die to because you can’t be bothered to l2p.

Also are you really complaining about condi’s when you main a necro? Wow man….just wow.

in PvP

Posted by: OminousClouds.4517

OminousClouds.4517

condition needs nerf
ele needs nerf
mes needs nerf
necro needs nerf
ranger needs nerf
eng needs nerf
and then,everythings need nerf
so, we’re at Nerf wars 2?
how about buff? for example : defensive such as shout of war, ranger…

(edited by OminousClouds.4517)

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mesmer condition damage/application is actually not so good compared with other classes after the patch because:

Things lost
- All clone death traits
- Maim the Disillusioned nerf down to 1 stack
- Bleeding nerf (affects sharper images)
- No free Chaotic Transference if you trait staff

Things gained
- native iElasticity for staff and staff clones
- buffed Scepter 3
- Ineptitude and Blinding Dissipation with Confusion buff
- Baseline IP (does not make up for MtD nerf)

iMage was kitten before the patch and is still kitten afterwards. Pistol trait is still a problem.

I would say other classes’ condition builds output more condition application and damage. The problem comes with any mesmer condition build taking Torch, The Pledge and PU – which together offers ridiculously easy sustain.

I believe if The Pledge is changed to a flat 20% cooldown reduction on torch skills (not incentivising camping in stealth) together with a PU nerf at least by 50%, then everything else is fine.

In any case power mesmer is so much better than condi and still has good enough sustain/survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Youre a thief, ofc you can handle that bc youre not supposed to get hit with all your stealth. Any other class which doesnt have stealth, tons of cleanses, imune skills vs condi or a necro which has two lives are kinda doomed in 10 seconds.

wat? most condi builds counter thieves so hard it is not funny…. stealth =/=invicibility

All is Vain~

in PvP

Tao.1234

Mesmer condition damage/application is actually not so good compared with other classes after the patch because:

Things lost
- All clone death traits

Things gained
- buffed Scepter 3

iMage was kitten before the patch and is still kitten afterwards. Pistol trait is still a problem.

I would say other classes’ condition builds output more condition application and damage. The problem comes with any mesmer condition build taking Torch, The Pledge and PU – which together offers ridiculously easy sustain.

I believe if The Pledge is changed to a flat 20% cooldown reduction on torch skills (not incentivising camping in stealth) together with a PU nerf at least by 50%, then everything else is fine.

In any case power mesmer is so much better than condi and still has good enough sustain/survivability.

If Consfusion would be nerfed to match Retaliation output, and still posses it’s functionality, then current PU Condi Mesmer would be subpar to other condition builds and their respective classes.

You can out-sustain torment and bleed and deal with Blind, but when Confusion hits for 3k per skill usage(even AA), which is a must to deal with blind, then it’s pretty much clear that this build with it’s current mechanics needs a rework.

So a Scepter skills such as Confusing Images would stack duration while channeling, instead stacking intensity.

Pretty much, having inner tick for 500 would still be a lot per every single skill usage without ICD.

Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

imo its complete and utter bullkitten how some classes apply conditions.

Ranger traps recharging the moment they are set down (not when they are activated) but mesmer mantra’s recharge after the last use, BS!

At some point in time, Anet stated that they were fine with classes doing a lot of damage or classes that do a lot of CC but they don’t want classes to have both at the same time. Somehow Anet decided that having super high defensive with the abnormal condition damage that we have now is fine though. Looking at burn guards, schizofrenic ebola mesmers and engineers >.>

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Ranger traps recharging the moment they are set down (not when they are activated) but mesmer mantra’s recharge after the last use, BS!

At some point in time, Anet stated that they were fine with classes doing a lot of damage or classes that do a lot of CC but they don’t want classes to have both at the same time. Somehow Anet decided that having super high defensive with the abnormal condition damage that we have now is fine though. Looking at burn guards, schizofrenic ebola mesmers and engineers >.>

either an ele main or confusing this to another game

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

This seems like a troll post to me. This guy thinks condi auto attacks are OP and even admitted that most of his own damage comes from auto attacks. He also thinks RANGERS are OP, but says he has experience pvping…

._.;;;

Is anyone taking this seriously?

Attachments:

in PvP

Puck.9612

This seems like a troll post to me. This guy thinks condi auto attacks are OP and even admitted that most of his own damage comes from auto attacks. He also thinks RANGERS are OP, but says he has experience pvping…

._.;;;

Taking it seriously? No, not at all. It has been highly amusing though.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Things lost
- All clone death traits

Things gained
- buffed Scepter 3

If Consfusion would be nerfed to match Retaliation output, and still posses it’s functionality, then current PU Condi Mesmer would be subpar to other condition builds and their respective classes.

You can out-sustain torment and bleed and deal with Blind, but when Confusion hits for 3k per skill usage(even AA), which is a must to deal with blind, then it’s pretty much clear that this build with it’s current mechanics needs a rework.

So a Scepter skills such as Confusing Images would stack duration while channeling, instead stacking intensity.

Pretty much, having inner tick for 500 would still be a lot per every single skill usage without ICD.

I’d happily accept that in exchange for reverting MtD to 2 stacks, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

I personally believe Blinding Dissipation should be competing with DE at grandmaster in any case, but I know this would cause problems for some glass power builds.

in PvP

Puck.9612

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL seriously you people. You change my words in a way i havent even said. Continue like that, it will get you far in life.

“Im not 100% sure of what builds they are but its all condition builds and theyre op.”

Continue crying about things you don’t understand, it will get you far in life.

in PvP

Puck.9612

+1

Finally someone who gets it. The others dont seem to have pvp much the past weeks or theyre completely out of date.

Unlike you Setz actually made an argument instead of crying how life is unfair and everything should be nerfed. Giving an argument provides a place to open a meaningful dialogue.

I would counter Setz argument by pointing out necro marks work the same way but they have the benefit of being ground targeted and they don’t take up valuable utility slots that the ranger needs for stun breaks and condi clears. A ranger running traps is pretty much a yolo build that stops being effective once the enemy knows what you are running.

Are you starting to understand how discussions work?

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

._.;;;

Rangers are actually really solid and strong right now. It counters a lot of classes. The only problem is…There’s a TON of bad rangers out there. Therefore making rangers underrated. The only two definite counters that rangers have are eles and a yolo shatter mesmer that can 100-0 it if the ranger messes up.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

in PvP

Puck.9612

Also, the person that needs to know how a discussion works is you, because when you dont get your way, you start attacking people personally. So go ahead, start a course or something in how arguments work.

Puck = “yes condi need a change but ill argue with sanctuary just because of it, because i get a thrill of this and i need a life even tho i know sanctuary is right but my manhood is in danger if i dont continue to argue”.

GG

in PvP

Puck.9612

+ id counter your agument saying its invalid because necros cant spam their marks as the classes i brought up can apply their conditions over and over. Learn how necros work before you say smth.

You’re saying ranger traps don’t have a cooldown?

in PvP

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I love my bunker trap condi ranger. I can just sit in my trap, wait for anyone to come at me and see them melt faster than I can even engage after my traps. Condition is stupid strong right now because there is nothing you can do about it. No on has enough condi cleanse to survive a condition fight.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Puck…

All im gonna say is

serphents strike – 6 sec poison
Throw torch – burning 6 sec
Bonfire – 3 sec burning
Poison volley – poison 4 sec
Crippling shot – bleed 6 sec
Entangle – bleeding & immobolize 8 sec and 1 sec
flame trap

You basically never run out of condition to throw. Oh and lets not forget the stun which can stun your foe until you can recast all your stuff again. Oh and the entagle so your target cant move while you wait for your stuff to be thrown at it again. Thats alot of conditions which not even necros can cast in such short time.

Yea, poison so strong, for how much ticks it? 200? … And on top of this bleedings from a pet with 0 conditiondmg, definitely op.

Btw, necros can send condis back to the enemy on top of their own condis, so they will never have less condiapplication than their opponent. Necros basically hardcounter other condibuilds, if traited for conditransfer.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Did you lose to a Trap ranger?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Puck.9612

forum bug…………..

in PvP

Puck.9612

We never brought up condition (transfer back) tho, so idk what youre trying to say with that. Ofc necro is good vs other condi classes. No one has said anything else or even mentioned it in this post.

You were literally just talking about how other classes are better with condi’s than necro’s.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Yea and his statement about necros had nothing to do with what i said. We are talking about applying conditions on targets. The focus rly isnt condition build vs condition build. If a necro doesnt face a person with a condition build a necro cant apply as much condition as one of the above classes can in such short time. Whats so hard to comprehend?

Everytime when you argue with me puck it always make zero sense. Its basically like this.

Sanctuary says: A and B.
Puck: So youre saying C and D.
Sanctuary: no im still saying A and B.
Puck: So youre saying E and F.
Sanctuary: No still A and B.
Puck: Youre totally saying G and H.
Sanctuary: Sigh…still A and B.

And it goes on…

I wont even bother answering you anymore puck because you just dont understand the content in my messages.

That’s because your posts don’t say anything meaningful.
Your posts in this thread can basically summed up as, “There are classes running condi’s that kill me so they are OP. I’m not entirely sure what they are running so I have done nothing to counter them, therefore the logical solution is they need to be nerfed so I don’t have to figure out what they are running. If you disagree with me you run condi’s and are bad.”

I’d like to believe you are simply trolling but I don’t think you are that clever.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

ofc classes can apply condis faster than you can outheal and damage them. if they couldn’t they would never be able to kill you. power damage builds can out damage your heals and have more damaging skills than you have blocks. you can’t tank either type of damage infinitely you mong. you have to cc and kill them, not just fail around popping cleanses.

good thing condi has aoe cleanses, so condis are not viable in coordinated teamfights. one bunk guard, shout warr, or good ele and ya fine.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Puck.9612

Nope, the smart people understand the issue which has been shown in this post. People who actually know pvp, which already stated ranger trap is op and condition in general, meanwhile you just argue while ive clearly explained what the issue is over and over. Youre the only one so far which doesnt understand. The issue is you cant outheal or cleanse off all those conditions due to the fast rate they get stacked up. People earlier already said you cant survive it which seconds what ive said several times already. You JUST dont understand because you dont play pvp enough or youre not up to date. If more people than me say it (which they have in this post) and btw, i can tell when people know pvp or not, and youre not one of them. If you would know how it looks like in pvp right now you wouldnt even say all those things you have done so far. And the most funny message in this post was the dude saying i was inexperienced because i said rangers needed a nerf. He showed right there he knows nothing about pvp. Others after that has second me that good rangers are basically unbeatable and only counters are mesmers & ele. You maybe have low mmr that only face bad rangers in pvp.

So basically it proves my point.

Sanctuary says the problem: the amount those classes can apply conditions at such fast rate makes it impossible to outheal & cleanse. (And with cleanse it doesnt matter how much you bring bc you have 3 utility where you can bring cleanses and that doesnt last all fight and/or it doesnt fit with your build). Hence builds which has sustain vs condition in their builds like some warrior builds can survive it.

And then we have puck…

Puck: “There are classes running condi’s that kill me so they are OP. I’m not entirely sure what they are running so I have done nothing to counter them, therefore the logical solution is they need to be nerfed so I don’t have to figure out what they are running. If you disagree with me you run condi’s and are bad.”

YEA OBV I DIDNT EXPLAIN THE REASON SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE…

Thought you were done responding to me.

I can tell english isn’t your first language but is your reading comprehension really that bad? Go back and look through the thread and count the amount of people that disagree with you or are basically laughing at you.

“rangers are basically unbeatable” might be my new favorite post by you lol.

in PvP

Puck.9612

So if people don’t agree with you they don’t PvP…… smh.

You know how you win vs trapper rangers? Use your brain, don’t stand in their traps. If you die more than one time in a match against a trapper ranger that is entirely a l2p issue. Most are running with no stability, no stun breaks, and have crappy condi removal. Dodge roll through the point to activate their traps and cc/burst them down.

Pro tip, you can avoid having condi’s stack on you by avoiding their application. Same way you avoid direct damage by avoiding hits.

in PvP

Posted by: Quench.4132

Quench.4132

Ele d/d
Engineer (idk what theyre running but its a new thang everywhere in pvp)
Ranger (condition survival or some crap like that)

Nerf!

Theyre all stronger than necro at condition, and necro is supposed to be a condition class…ele, engineer and rangers ability of stacking condition at such a fast rate is redicilous.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Burn-damage-vs-Cleanse-skill-time (This person describe the issue a bit better).

in PvP

Quench.4132

Ele d/d
Engineer (idk what theyre running but its a new thang everywhere in pvp)
Ranger (condition survival or some crap like that)

Nerf!

Theyre all stronger than necro at condition, and necro is supposed to be a condition class…ele, engineer and rangers ability of stacking condition at such a fast rate is redicilous.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Burn-damage-vs-Cleanse-skill-time (This person describe the issue a bit better).

in PvP

Quench.4132

The only condi which too powerful currently is burning… when it’ll be fixed it will be ok.

And “necro is supposed to be condition class” : hem…you shoud’ve noticed that every class has access to condi builds and direct dmg builds, the game is designed in this way. In comparison we could say that mesmers are supposed to play with confusion and some deceptive skills which kill you slowly…but as you can see, Anet gave mesmers the possibility to spec in heavy burst builds. So no, necro is not supposed to be a condi class only…and cele necro and dsp necro are fun as well.

in PvP

Puck.9612

So if people don’t agree with you they don’t PvP…… smh.

You know how you win vs trapper rangers? Use your brain, don’t stand in their traps. If you die more than one time in a match against a trapper ranger that is entirely a l2p issue. Most are running with no stability, no stun breaks, and have crappy condi removal. Dodge roll through the point to activate their traps and cc/burst them down.

Pro tip, you can avoid having condi’s stack on you by avoiding their application. Same way you avoid direct damage by avoiding hits.

Youre just impossible, watch the video how fast it takes to build up 10 stacks. Im done with you. Youre so tiredsome.

Yeah if you are stupid enough to stand in the traps….. That’s the whole solution… use your brain, don’t stand in the traps. How hard is that? The only way you should ever die to a trap ranger is if you don’t realize he’s a trap ranger. It is one of the easiest builds in the game to counter, especially in PvP where they don’t have access to trapper runes.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I was going to avoid posting, but…
Sanctuary- you can’t accuse anyone of being “toxic and using personal attacks” when you clearly state “Let me see if I can explain this to you like I would a child”. Ye. Again, who started it? The kid who threw the rock or the kid who threw the tantrum when the rock landed? Sorry if thats too advanced a saying. ALSO- what the heck are you doing complaining about a condi build when you run a power necro build? Your cleanse consists of staff 4 and a heal (assuming you run the right one) and MAYBE a well, if you so incline to lose damage for it. Meanwhile real condi necro players, like myself, are having a field day. These guys stack 12 burns on me? Oh sweet joy, let me just staff 4? Oh a blind? Ok dagger 2 while staff 4. Oh snap no staff 4 cuz another blind? OH ez pz, Ds 4 as they load me with condi. Kid you not, the meta for Necro has NEVER been so good. I’m surprised anyone thinks Necro isn’t viable. You run power, wonderful enjoy your 5.3k lifeblast (yes, that number is realistic. I hit that number often and easy) while thief struggles to not blow every single utility skill to get an 8k backstab. You run tank, and you don’t die. My friend, Sena, runs a pure bunker build that specializes in heal tanking…and sweet chocobo town if he hits a point, everyone knows to walk away- Sena’s team (thankfully I am on it) never ever dies. Necro builds condi? Great, load me up- I have 2 passive transfers, one transfer on util with low cd that also converts boon, along with 2 abilities.

Sanctuary, you said you play Necro. Then you complained about condition builds. Do you need tips on how to play Necro? I am more than willing to offer. Necro is built to thrive in condition heavy environments. Your application as a Necromancer is not meant to be high because you have CONDITION TRANSFERS and BOON FLIP. Plenty and full. If you aren’t outpacing in condition damage, you need to figure your build out.

Also, I may have reposted what others said. I kinda skipped.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

ofc classes can apply condis faster than you can outheal and damage them. if they couldn’t they would never be able to kill you. power damage builds can out damage your heals and have more damaging skills than you have blocks. you can’t tank either type of damage infinitely you mong. you have to cc and kill them, not just fail around popping cleanses.

good thing condi has aoe cleanses, so condis are not viable in coordinated teamfights. one bunk guard, shout warr, or good ele and ya fine.

Why are you being rational and reasonable? Are you okay? I hope you’re okay

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You should have read the whole thread. So you skipped the whole part in the thread where i said i played necro 2 years ago, when ive pointed out i dont play it anymore…you start saying i play power necro all a sudden. Interesting. I stopped playing necro one year ago. I start to lose faith in people…And yea you obv havent met a ranger trapper or engie condie yet. Have fun when you do.

Pls read before you write smth. The thread is still not about necro vs other condition classes. Its easy as a necro vs condi builds. Pls people…next time you want to comment something, please read or dont comment at all.

And you forgot to read where i basically say, but in other words, that necros are balanced right now. They dont need a nerf. Theyre perfectly fine as they are.

I’ve played against condi engies and rangers, and as said, they will only kill you if they take you unforeseen. Condi engies have a big burn burst, if you can predict it (and its pretty easy, just look under their health :p), you can dodge/cleanse it and thats a win. Against a condi ranger, as said before theres another plenty of ways to counter him, by dodging his traps or cc/condi them. Also, this two builds are pretty bad in teamfights, so they are only going to shine in 1v1, if you cant get rid of them (90% of times you can), just dont engage this 1v1.

M I L K B O I S

(edited by Krysard.1364)

in PvP

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

OK, so after reading through this, is seems like someone was killed by a build that was essentially a hard counter for their own build so they had no response. Seems like what one should expect from time to time, there’s too many variances in the PvP metagame to be able to accommodate all threats and losing like this is to be expected. Maybe next time come back to us with some screenshots of the damage you suffered so we can better understand the situation and help with solutions.

Also earlier the OP mentioned the post was addressed to the ArenaNet staff, it should probably be reminded that doing so is kinda frowned upon and shouldn’t be attempted again. The forums are for us players to talk to one another, the dev team might read or chime in, but it shouldn’t be expected or demanded.

Secretly creative

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

OK, so after reading through this, is seems like someone was killed by a build that was essentially a hard counter for their own build so they had no response. Seems like what one should expect from time to time, there’s too many variances in the PvP metagame to be able to accommodate all threats and losing like this is to be expected.

Very wise words! There is an exception to it though. But lets not beat that dead horse.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

stagger your cleanses. if they can overwhelm your cleanses and kill you in 10sec then you are blowing them too fast. 2stacks of burn is just as easy to cleanse as 14. wait for bigger stacks or skills before you cleanse (if its all within 10sec cleanse on 6burns not 2 etc)

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria