Condition relief

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Solzero.5380

Solzero.5380

A relief for condition could be to limit professions to have access to only one damaging condition. Ele burn, Thief poison, Mesmer confusion, Warrior bleed, Necro poison, Ranger bleed, Revenant torment, Engineer burn, Guardian burn.
Also in occasions where an elite specs changes the mechanics of the class such as berserker being a burning spec, Berserker could have the first minor trait say (combusted wound?) any bleed that you apply becomes a burn. That way when you take the berserker line war becomes a burn dealer instead of a bleed dealer.

What if you fail? You will. Then, you move on.

(edited by Solzero.5380)

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Sure, but then you’d need to remove condition cleansing. There’d be 0 point to condition builds. (aka useless.)

Sounds like a classic l2p case.

(and please understand that I play nothing but power builds.)

I am a teef
:)

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: ZvolTx.3165

ZvolTx.3165

That’s a lie you dirty Condi teef

Zvolteh
One of 3 Base Thieves still playing the game

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

We need conditions to have twice the duration and half the damage across the board. Condition cleansing needs to be cut in half across the board. Dodging 6 condition spikes from a condi warrior for example should not let him land one and take you from full to zero.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Warrior would need Burn as well because otherwise the whole theme behind Berserker is worthless…that being said I agree with the concept. Right now many classes have access to tons of different conditions. They may not all be able to stack them in high numbers, but the extra conditions make cleansing them much more difficult. I think we’ve all had a situation where we have 14 torment and 4 other conditions but the game cleanses the blind, cripple, and a stack of 2 poison.

I would suggest breaking conditions down into Damage and Inhibitor categories. Damage would be your burning, bleed, poison, torment and everything else would be Inhibitors. You could do a lot of fun things with cleansing that way by having some cleanses only work on one category.

This would also allow them to go back on the old design principal that some classes are inherently weak to certain things. You can have Warrior frequently cleanse inhibitors while having relatively few damage cleanses while Ele can cleanse damage for days but be very weak to inhibitors for example. It would be a way more interesting system and allows for the devs to reign in condis in PvP/WvW while still keeping them effective in PvE.

They also need to look at the damage vs duration aspect of damaging condis. I understand Burn being high in damage but it still lasts ages when it has no reason to. It should be for a burst of damage and then quickly fade. Meanwhile, poison and bleed should do much lower damage but linger. Again, you can balance this by having cleanse skills prioritize certain damage condis.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Condition relief

in PvP

Solzero.5380

Sure, but then you’d need to remove condition cleansing. There’d be 0 point to condition builds. (aka useless.)

I main warrior, I have no trouble with condition but that doesn’t mean that’s it’s ok to have this condi spam in game. Notice how I said damaging conditions meaning that professions will still have access to cover up conditions. And it’s a given that if you lower the amount of condition you would have to lower the amount of cleanse.

Condition relief

in PvP

Solzero.5380

Warrior would need Burn as well because otherwise the whole theme behind Berserker is worthless…that being said I agree with the concept. Right now many classes have access to tons of different conditions. They may not all be able to stack them in high numbers, but the extra conditions make cleansing them much more difficult. I think we’ve all had a situation where we have 14 torment and 4 other conditions but the game cleanses the blind, cripple, and a stack of 2 poison.

I would suggest breaking conditions down into Damage and Inhibitor categories. Damage would be your burning, bleed, poison, torment and everything else would be Inhibitors. You could do a lot of fun things with cleansing that way by having some cleanses only work on one category.

This would also allow them to go back on the old design principal that some classes are inherently weak to certain things. You can have Warrior frequently cleanse inhibitors while having relatively few damage cleanses while Ele can cleanse damage for days but be very weak to inhibitors for example. It would be a way more interesting system and allows for the devs to reign in condis in PvP/WvW while still keeping them effective in PvE.

They also need to look at the damage vs duration aspect of damaging condis. I understand Burn being high in damage but it still lasts ages when it has no reason to. It should be for a burst of damage and then quickly fade. Meanwhile, poison and bleed should do much lower damage but linger. Again, you can balance this by having cleanse skills prioritize certain damage condis.

About the berserker situation I already wrote a workaround for the situation.
IMO condition lost their identity; burn, poison, confusion, torment and bleed are basically the same thing but with different names. It doesn’t matter what you have on you, if it ticks once or twice, you are a dead men. Additionally professions need to have a clear theme around them like war being able to bleed you to death and gaining a lot of might or guardians burning and having aegis and Mesmer and granting quickness. Professions should have a limited set of boons and condition at their disposal, it makes a class unique. As it stands today every profession has access to almost everything.

(edited by Solzero.5380)

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Solzero.5380, ANet does that to make players want the new power creep meta(new easy to play gameplay) it not a thing that ANet will balance or fix….

its how they choosed to develop the game more based on gimmicks that make bad players look good than actually a overall clever gameplay…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

This is actually pretty good. Creates more diversity and thought to the condi system aside from “Does he have cleanses or resistance? If yes, save your big condi bomb. If no, drop your big condi bomb all over them”.

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

About the berserker situation I already wrote a workaround for the situation.
IMO condition lost their identity; burn, poison, confusion, torment and bleed are basically the same thing but with different names. It doesn’t matter what you have on you, if it ticks once or twice, you are a dead men. Additionally professions need to have a clear theme around them like war being able to bleed you to death and gaining a lot of might or guardians burning and having aegis and Mesmer and granting quickness. Professions should have a limited set of boons and condition at their disposal, it makes a class unique. As it stands today every profession has access to almost everything.

Well too bad but this isn’t how Anet designs this game. It’s not your everyday MMO where classes are different. Now everyone gets everything or gets one things that is strong as nails.
However, I think it is getting out of hand with conditions. Especially if a mesmer gets into a fight and refreshes 4-5 different conditions with every shatter. You can still evade some shatters and cleanse, but most of the time it takes more time for cleanse to get ready again than a new condi burst. I think that only necro should be a master of conditions while every other condi build is decent at best. But well... we can’t have that, it’s a vicious cycle.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

ITT people need to recognize that you’re no more supposed to be able to Cleanse conditions than you are supposed to be able to Endure Pain/Stoneform Power attacks.

When you get hit by an attack, no matter whether it’s Power or Condi-based, that attack is going to try to kill you.

Condition relief

in PvP

The Game Slayer.7632

I main warrior, I have no trouble with condition but that doesn’t mean that’s it’s ok to have this condi spam in game. Notice how I said damaging conditions meaning that professions will still have access to cover up conditions. And it’s a given that if you lower the amount of condition you would have to lower the amount of cleanse.

I completely understand your proposal. I simply put forth one small consequence of the proposition you put forth. Your proposal is in a nutshell asking the following: “Hi anet, I sometimes enjoy your game. I had an idea to make my happiness with the game increase. Let’s completely revamp an entire system that exists in the game without consequence of all of the delicate balance decisions that were made for the first 5 years of the game. Please comply.”

You’re in the minority. A vast minority. You’re asking anet to redesign the entire game for you, and to do it perfectly and sustain the balance that’s been achieved.

Another random thought that crossed my mind…

What happens if you take poison away from other professions? You unintentionally increase sustain across the board by a vast amount. (Remember what poison does…)
Not to mention all of the constant tweaking to the amount of condition cleansing all skills would need. I mean, there’s so much disaster that would follow such a radical change that the simplest solution to the problem would be for you to learn how to play the game better.

I am a teef

Condition relief

in PvP

The Game Slayer.7632

That’s a lie you dirty Condi teef

shhhhhhh you know me too well bb C:
it would be a travesty if anyone saw my teef vids on youtube via signature link. cough

I am a teef

Condition relief

in PvP

Solzero.5380

I completely understand your proposal. I simply put forth one small consequence of the proposition you put forth. Your proposal is in a nutshell asking the following: “Hi anet, I sometimes enjoy your game. I had an idea to make my happiness with the game increase. Let’s completely revamp an entire system that exists in the game without consequence of all of the delicate balance decisions that were made for the first 5 years of the game. Please comply.”

You’re in the minority. A vast minority. You’re asking anet to redesign the entire game for you, and to do it perfectly and sustain the balance that’s been achieved.

Another random thought that crossed my mind…

What happens if you take poison away from other professions? You unintentionally increase sustain across the board by a vast amount. (Remember what poison does…)
Not to mention all of the constant tweaking to the amount of condition cleansing all skills would need. I mean, there’s so much disaster that would follow such a radical change that the simplest solution to the problem would be for you to learn how to play the game better.

I’ve been playing the game for 5 years and if you compare conditions from back then and now you can clearly see that condis are way out of hand. Only a few actually like playing condi and the main reason why they enjoy it, its because its often easier to play than power. I can’t think of anyone that actually enjoys fighting a condi player. Last time I checked the purpose of playing a game was to have fun. Most fun I ever had lately was dueling some random spellbreakers on the beta weekend but then came scouge and made me fear for the future of the game. In conclusion, condi promote spammy braindead gameplay and condi thief is proof of that.

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

power creep is fine as long as an hp increase follows. They went power creep with every stat healing, damage, conditions, defenses, but not health. Which should have followed. It is not really about power creep destroying the game. But if you double damage health has to double as well as healing. Health is the only stat that has remained un changed and would be easier to fix at this point than all of the classes.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

So far this season condi is reasonable for me. I play power ranger or engineer. However it’s very disheartening to watch my team mates melt away in less then 3 secs. leaving me in a 1v4 situation.

Solo queuing is equivalent to committing MMR Seppuku.

Condies are honestly not a issue this season. The players not willing to adapt to them are. Big difference.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Condition relief

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sure there’s always a smarter way to improve GW2’s condi & cleanse mechanics but what you’re asking would introduce so much code and change PvE so much that it would probably be cheaper to just make a GW3 lol.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld