Conditions have borked Tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

-Engineer and Necromancer condition upkeep is way too kitten high.
-Fear spam is breaking the game.
-Conditions have no Diminishing Returns.
-Necromancers NEVER needed access to Burn or Torment.
-AOE spam is now the new meta, hardly any need for focusing a target when you can just spam AOE and melt them down with conditions.
-Melee is totally obsolete without stealth to reset a fight.
-Professions without sufficient Cleanses will die to a prof that spams conditions within seconds.
-Warrior is now in an even worse state against conditions than it ever was before.

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Im playing an ele with cleansing fire and ether renewal, plus dagger #5 and i can hardly keep less than 2 conditions on me when facing a skilled necro or engi. I feel bad for the other class with less removal.

Necro/engi duo is pretty strong atm.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

It is pretty ridic. Anet over stepped… They need to up the condition removal of all classes. Or hot nerf something about these ones.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I remember a game, where conditions weren’t AoE and it was usually pretty important not to spam them, but rather use it at appropriate moments. That was really awesome…

Jeez what was the game called…. Hmmm… Let me think a bit more… ah there it comes, almost there… YES, IT WAS GUILD WARS 1!!!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

It’s definitely a very noticeable amount more condi pressure than before, to the point where “just” a bunker guard running 3 shouts isn’t usually enough removal to win teamfights against a double necro or necro engi team. Definitely going to need to add more removal to team setups in the current meta.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

More removal? There has already been a boat load of it since forever. Sure I can shoot bleed/poison/burning etc on you but after you remove it Its not like I can instantly reapply it all again, we have cooldowns too you know.

And to op, conditions havent changed for engie, why complain about them now? Seems to me people aren’t used to having necros be competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

More removal? There has already been a boat load of it since forever. Sure I can shoot bleed/poison/burning etc on you but after you remove it Its not like I can instantly reapply it all again, we have cooldowns too you know.

And to op, conditions havent changed for engie, why complain about them now? Seems to me people aren’t used to having necros be competitive.

Necromancers were viable, now they are OP.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Trying to play a melee warrior in this game is just insanely kitten right now.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Please do not ask for more condition removal. It will break the classes/specs who apply only a few important condis like chills/cripples etc.

The condition spamming on necro has to be toned down and so should the god help us all FEAR SPAM.

Engi I do not know because no one complained about their conditions pre-patch so it just maybe a side effect of the necro condis + fear + engi condis combo.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

They need to change Save Yourselves! to Kill Myself! in pvp.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Please do not ask for more condition removal. It will break the classes/specs who apply only a few important condis like chills/cripples etc.

The condition spamming on necro has to be toned down and so should the god help us all FEAR SPAM.

Engi I do not know because no one complained about their conditions pre-patch so it just maybe a side effect of the necro condis + fear + engi condis combo.

Necro + engi team comps were definitely a thing in top level pvp before the patch (although slightly underrepresented due to a small number of high lvl necros in NA), because the variety of condis an engi can apply with nades + pistols worked perfectly with a well timed epidemic from a necro; it would typically end a team fight. Post patch it is even more powerful, since the only real weakness that comp had was the necros difficulty of dealing with being focus fired. Now with the addition of death shroud 5, it is much less of a problem and since necros have 3 new conditions to cleanse (burning, torment, immob), their pressure in team fights is much more pronounced.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

I never understood why Toughness does not effect condition damage. Even if it did the conditions would still be out of control but at least it might help. At this point I think it’s pretty safe to assume that when ESO comes out a very large number of people who focus on s-pvp and wvw will be heading that way to give it a whirl. A-net has had almost a year and they really just don’t seem to get it.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Play a bunker guardian and look at your post-death damage taken. What percent of the damage came from conditions and what percent of the damage came from attacks?

You see the problem? Without condition damage, builds with high toughness and good protection uptime would NEVER die.

Ultimately condition damage is a band-aid for a gaping design flaw.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

First of all i`d like people to keep in mind that condi damage builds are… damage builds just like berserker.

Condi needs to deal some amount of damage. Condi builds may be tankier than berserker ones but you will never see the same amount of burst ( and dps as well most likely)

That 6K BS of CND BS steal is my blowtorch burn – only difference is that with blowtorch you can cleanse after u actually got hit and not take full damage.

I still dont see people stacking aoe cleansing effectively! In teamfights aoe cleansing should pretty much nullify condi builds (or at least take off A LOT! of the pressure).

On the other side i think that there are too many condis applied too fast for 1v1s. You cant be expected to cleanse that much stuff as single person ever. (then again maybe thats the point)

Overall condi spam covering strong/long dps condis is an issue when theres too few ppl with aoe/multi cleanses around. Bringing a new condition into the game didnt help that at all.

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

First of all i`d like people to keep in mind that condi damage builds are… damage builds just like berserker.

Condi needs to deal some amount of damage. Condi builds may be tankier than berserker ones but you will never see the same amount of burst ( and dps as well most likely)

That 6K BS of CND BS steal is my blowtorch burn – only difference is that with blowtorch you can cleanse after u actually got hit and not take full damage.

I still dont see people stacking aoe cleansing effectively! In teamfights aoe cleansing should pretty much nullify condi builds (or at least take off A LOT! of the pressure).

On the other side i think that there are too many condis applied too fast for 1v1s. You cant be expected to cleanse that much stuff as single person ever. (then again maybe thats the point)

Overall condi spam covering strong/long dps condis is an issue when theres too few ppl with aoe/multi cleanses around. Bringing a new condition into the game didnt help that at all.

Yes but as I said, giving more area wide and general cleansing buffs would destroy specs that rely on a small amount of conditions such as immob and cripples for their playstyle.

I see the problem as too much condition application power on just 2 classes while others cannot even come close even if they wish to. So either they tone these down or allow other classes to build towards a similar condition powerlevel to combat bunkers.

On a side note, multiple condition application imho should never be areawide. Sure, we can have maybe 1 or 2 but have 3+ aoe condition application skills on a single character is just too much to cleanse for anybody.

Necro + engi team comps were definitely a thing in top level pvp before the patch (although slightly underrepresented due to a small number of high lvl necros in NA), because the variety of condis an engi can apply with nades + pistols worked perfectly with a well timed epidemic from a necro; it would typically end a team fight. Post patch it is even more powerful, since the only real weakness that comp had was the necros difficulty of dealing with being focus fired. Now with the addition of death shroud 5, it is much less of a problem and since necros have 3 new conditions to cleanse (burning, torment, immob), their pressure in team fights is much more pronounced.

Yes they are, so we could say their offensive power was balanced and needed no new improvement? Let alone a condition that penalizes movement when all you can do while being showered with conditions and aoes is to run away :-/

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in PvP

Posted by: Kesil.8034

Kesil.8034

randoms balance, randoms changes for randoms result, they never test nothing from 9 month…
u can expcet nothings from this pvp from anet

in PvP

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Condition spamming and cleansing is going to get old and boring VERY fast believe me.

Never mind that fact that it’ll be boring to play; it’ll be even more boring to watch. Who would want to watch a game were “icons on a UI” are the main source of damage?

As more time passes I’m increasingly convinced arenanet will kill and bury spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Play a bunker guardian and look at your post-death damage taken. What percent of the damage came from conditions and what percent of the damage came from attacks?

You see the problem? Without condition damage, builds with high toughness and good protection uptime would NEVER die.

I have to jump in here. You point out EXACTLY the need for a different type of damage by bringing up what happens to regular damage vs toughness and prot. but then somehow say its bad design to have a mechanic to get around this on some classes?

Please name a competitive game where there is only one damage type that isnt a FPS. (Even there they have AOE vs. Direct and Projectile vs. Hitscan)

in PvP

Posted by: krlosis.2653

krlosis.2653

Conditions = Face roll. Just set it and forget it.
100% uptime on boons is pretty out of hand too. 100% uptime regen is kittened and if one class is going to have it, all of them should. It makes me sick because I came to this game to get away from the OP heals.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Yesterday, kitten my friends, in Tspvp, we’ve find a team of rank 15-25 players. 4 Necro and 1 Ranger. We’ve a team well organized. 2 Guardian, Mesmer, Engi, Thief. I’m rank 25, but my friend’s rank 40-45, not the first noob on the square.
Then, we’ve lost 500 to 140. How can you fight an enemy that need only to give you all the condition in one skill and flee waiting your death? We’ve removal, yes, but try to fight 2 necro that swap conditions to the entire group and give conditions all the way. And now they can give Torment and Burn.
i’m a Guardna Berserker, I can kill by myself mesmers, warriors, thief, guardian, ele and some engi spec. before the update i’ve been able to kill some necros but now I’m useless against a Necro. Too much conditions. Too low healt.
You can say “you’re berserker, you’ve not healt”. Yeah, and because of that I’ve try to use another spec: removal spec. I’ve equipped 2 shout, puruty and set the virtue that cure 3 conditions. Well, It’s useless. They win. You can’t fight a necro using a guardian. You can’t fight a Condition spec by using a Guardian.

The necro use it’s signet to give me all the conditions. I use Purity, they use the skill to transform all boon in condition. I use all my skills to cancel the Conditions. I’m whitout utility and virtue, and the enemy can give me more and more conditions by weapon skills and the 3° not used utility or the elite. Or use fear and kill me whit damage of 2k every hit.

now.. how can I defeat a Necro??

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

This is complete bull.

Don’t full yourself condition damage does BURST damage.

Look at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Condition-Damage-vs-Direct-Damage/first

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

i’m a Guardna Berserker

I think I may have found your problem.

I do think AoE conditions are a bit out there at the moment (I’d advocate keeping single-target abilities the same but increase the cooldown on these AoE spam fests), but necros still have zero survivability.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Yesterday, kitten my friends, in Tspvp, we’ve find a team of rank 15-25 players. 4 Necro and 1 Ranger. We’ve a team well organized. 2 Guardian, Mesmer, Engi, Thief. I’m rank 25, but my friend’s rank 40-45, not the first noob on the square.
Then, we’ve lost 500 to 140. How can you fight an enemy that need only to give you all the condition in one skill and flee waiting your death? We’ve removal, yes, but try to fight 2 necro that swap conditions to the entire group and give conditions all the way. And now they can give Torment and Burn.
i’m a Guardna Berserker, I can kill by myself mesmers, warriors, thief, guardian, ele and some engi spec. before the update i’ve been able to kill some necros but now I’m useless against a Necro. Too much conditions. Too low healt.
You can say “you’re berserker, you’ve not healt”. Yeah, and because of that I’ve try to use another spec: removal spec. I’ve equipped 2 shout, puruty and set the virtue that cure 3 conditions. Well, It’s useless. They win. You can’t fight a necro using a guardian. You can’t fight a Condition spec by using a Guardian.

The necro use it’s signet to give me all the conditions. I use Purity, they use the skill to transform all boon in condition. I use all my skills to cancel the Conditions. I’m whitout utility and virtue, and the enemy can give me more and more conditions by weapon skills and the 3° not used utility or the elite. Or use fear and kill me whit damage of 2k every hit.

now.. how can I defeat a Necro??

Yet it never seems to strike people as a problem when EVERY competitive team runs a Guard and a Mesmer, seriously if that doesn’t say the meta needed shaking up then nothing will.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

This is complete bull.

Look at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Condition-Damage-vs-Direct-Damage/first

And the last post in that thread summed it up nicely. The original post in that thread, which you started, is completely misleading.

Burst damage is instant. Condition damage is DoT damage. DoT damage is Damage Over Time.

QED

in PvP

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Bingo.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Toughness-should-reduce-condition-damage/first#post2310878

Respond to this thread if you think Toughness should also reduce condition damage. (Not armor btw!) :P

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t think that’s true. Everything I’ve seen suggests that Necro’s were only viable if you build a whole team around them. Which too me is not really viable.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

“Conditions actually hurt now and I can’t ignore them.”

“What am I to do!?!?!?!?!?!”

These forums never cease to amaze me.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

The game is in the vicious cycle of an arms race of a different kind than that of the normal kiting/anti-kiting one that plagues most games. Ours is the over saturation of conditions/cleanses/boons/boon removal.

The approach to conditions and how they should be impactful per profession is tremendously flawed currently. As it is now, there are professions that:
1. Have very few conditions, although very important to their profession’s viability.
2. Have an over abundance of conditions, which are important to their profession’s viability.
3. Have an abundance of cleanses, which are important to their profession’s viability.
The problem with this model is that while A-net adjusts groups 2 and 3 to account for each other, group 3 becomes less and less viable.

This same issue is happening with boon application/removal. Those professions and builds which have access to very few boons although extremely important are now handcuffed as the arms race continues for those who have too many boons and those who have the ability to strip them.

As for conditions and their impact on profession viability, A-net needed to evaluate each condition and assigned only a select few to each profession with very few shared conditions. The gaps in the professions roles within team compositions should have been supplemented with team utility through combo fields on abilities or utility slots.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Conditions always have hurt. The issue is the over saturation, by profession, of conditions.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

Conditions always have hurt. The issue is the over saturation, by profession, of conditions.

Prior the issue was the over saturation of cleanses.

Pot meet kettle.

I am not in total disagreement with you – but I truly do not see Anet reworking their entire dot system.

They will always take the path of least resistance instead.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

They need to change Save Yourselves! to Kill Myself! in pvp.

LOL! haha that is funny as Daecollo comment changing one of the warriors move to Bend Over! with the frenzy debuff.

Pineapples

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

The immediate question, as it relates to necros, is should a profession that now has access to so many conditions ALSO have access to boon stripping.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

The immediate question, as it relates to necros, is should a profession that now has access to so many conditions ALSO have access to boon stripping.

Long cds and some nerfs to the amount of boons which can be converted to conditions.

I see no issues with that.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Long cds and some nerfs to the amount of boons which can be converted to conditions.

There is an issue when it impacts the health of the game, as it relates to the other group in the scenario. Which are the professions with important, but lesser access to boons.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

There is an issue when it impacts the health of the game, as it relates to the other group in the scenario. Which are the professions with important, but lesser access to boons.

Impacts the health of the game? Please tell me you have played pvp prior to this patch with some of the most unbalanced classes and tactics I’ve seen in recent mmorpgs.

IF necros and conditions are an issue I would support adjustment. What I do not support is your knee jerk reaction on a few day old patch without giving the meta time to adjust to truly see if there is an issue or not.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Impacts the health of the game? Please tell me you have played pvp prior to this patch with some of the most unbalanced classes and tactics I’ve seen in recent mmorpgs.

IF necros and conditions are an issue I would support adjustment. What I do not support is your knee jerk reaction on a few day old patch without giving the meta time to adjust to truly see if there is an issue or not.

Health of the game is it relates to the model I described A-Net using. Please read that that post. I used necros as an example as they are the hot topic, but the overall statement relates to the position of a condition profession with access to wide variety of conditions/boon stripping and how arms race of these models impact the game.

Describing a discussion as a knee jerk reaction is nothing more than being overly defensive.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Pretty much. I would say a good start to helping fight this new condi spam is an adjustment of defensive runesets (earth/forge/grove/monk/water/dwayna etc.) Currently these are all 5% less duration than their pve equivalents. I think this would help to rebalance the meta and give bunkers a better chance with these new class of condi spammers. Right now the bunker community can just not keep up and winning teams have to do nothing but send a necro+engi team to anypoint and it is a guaranteed win they will recap that point.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I don’t think that’s true. Everything I’ve seen suggests that Necro’s were only viable if you build a whole team around them. Which too me is not really viable.

Everything you’ve seen simply suggests, and you haven’t seen me, or my builds apparently. Take it from me, a guy who mains Necro before any other class. Necromancers were highly viable prepatch, and were superior in PvP to many other classes.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

This is complete bull.

And the last post in that thread summed it up nicely. The original post in that thread, which you started, is completely misleading.

Burst damage is instant. Condition damage is DoT damage. DoT damage is Damage Over Time.

QED

I don’t understand, he showed that in the same time frame… conditions/eviscerate did the same damage. Literally just conditions and not even with the player auto attacking and tacking on even more damage.

Even after the eviscerate hit, the condition damage was STILL doing its thing.
AKA, doing damage comparable to eviscerate non-stop ( once again without auto attacking and adding on even more damage. ). Cleanse the conditions and moments later ( few seconds ) you’re faced once again with a lot of conditions. What do ?

Another problem with conditions is the fact that you can build tanky, and still do top condition damage. While a power build requires power/crit damage/precision to truly shine, leaving no room for anything defensive.

Why else does anyone think the ranger’s pet got nerfed damage wise ? Because the ranger could straight up spec bunker/condition damage and have a “zerker” pet ( 2 zerker pets ! )

I think people are a little misinformed =|

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I realize it’s easier to complain than do something different, but a few people reading this thread may want to consider this idea about conditions in tPvP.

Now that many teams will have a Necro…have your own Necro counter the conditions by putting Well of Power on their utility bar. They can also take the 10pt trait for ground targeting wells.

I have a Necro and was getting melted too by all the conditions now. I don’t have any traits, runes, or sigils that help with removing conditions, but I did start utilizing Well of Power and it really helps.

For sPvP you probably don’t care about teammates and don’t even need the ground targeting option. You will now win any 1v1 against a condition class when Well of Power is available.

For tPvP, it can really turn the tide of a battle when you turn all the conditions on your team into boons + give them stability + stun break + combo dark field for 5 seconds.

Between Putrid Mark and Well of Power, you can help you and your team almost 4 times a minute with conditions.

I’m sure there are other previously neglected skills, runes, sigils, traits, etc. that can help turn the tide again the amount of condition versus direct damage being seen now.

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

I realize it’s easier to complain than do something different, but a few people reading this thread may want to consider this idea about conditions in tPvP.

Now that many teams will have a Necro…have your own Necro counter the conditions by putting Well of Power on their utility bar. They can also take the 10pt trait for ground targeting wells.

I have a Necro and was getting melted too by all the conditions now. I don’t have any traits, runes, or sigils that help with removing conditions, but I did start utilizing Well of Power and it really helps.

For sPvP you probably don’t care about teammates and don’t even need the ground targeting option. You will now win any 1v1 against a condition class when Well of Power is available.

For tPvP, it can really turn the tide of a battle when you turn all the conditions on your team into boons + give them stability + stun break + combo dark field for 5 seconds.

Between Putrid Mark and Well of Power, you can help you and your team almost 4 times a minute with conditions.

I’m sure there are other previously neglected skills, runes, sigils, traits, etc. that can help turn the tide again the amount of condition versus direct damage being seen now.

Until Necros figure out to wait until well of power runs out and use corrupt boon + epidemic, making everything worse than before.

Not to mention how long the cooldown is, compared to all the AoE application.

Besides, conditions were already problematic before.
Adding a new one and fixing a bug with blind, without reducing the blind application rate didn’t help.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I remember a game, where conditions weren’t AoE and it was usually pretty important not to spam them, but rather use it at appropriate moments. That was really awesome…

Jeez what was the game called…. Hmmm… Let me think a bit more… ah there it comes, almost there… YES, IT WAS GUILD WARS 1!!!!!!!!

What happened to the ‘short duration, hard to apply, situational, large impacting’ boons and conditions ArenaNet were talking about prior to beta? I often feel I am playing a completely different game than what was advertised to me.

Anyone else feel like they have been given the old “Bait and Switch” routine?

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Lets take a trip down memory lane here. Ages ago the balance was that direct damage, was always the highest, quickest way to get rid of someone’s hp. The cost was that this damage could be avoided and had to go against toughness. The alternative was to run a condition damage build. Your damage was fixed but largely unavoidable, but didn’t burst as hard. Condition builds put people on clocks, and heavy removal was the meta answer here. You could run ‘free’ damage, but someone could run a lot of removal, rendering you useless. The thing was, since it was slower, so most people ran plain damage builds, and little removal (because who wants to spend 15s to score a kill when you can get it done in 5?).

Getting around removal involved frequent application, additional pressure, and heavy application. If you came across someone who could keep clean you had to learn their method, and time your skills. Timing poison to kitten heals was actually something you needed to learn. That’s where the skill in playing condition builds came in. If for damage builds it was baiting dodges and landing that combo, conditions it was all about baiting the cleanse then going full tilt.

I feel the biggest mistake going forward was the removal of many counters to conditions, but the biggest offender has to be nerfing runes of melandru. Those runes were essentially only worthwhile against condition builds, making them a meta choice. While they were strong, that was fine cause people could always change their build and make them worthless. Rather than the current situation where a profession can’t always change their build and accommodate removal.

If they were still around everyone would just slap them on, and keep them on till people chilled out about condition damage, then they would see less use, as less things would be countered. Then things would even out a bit as people varied their builds.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I just call it signet of center of disease control now. Everything else they’ve done to necro I am fairly happy or ok with..it’s just that signet with condition duration runes that becomes intense..especially when there is 3-4 necro’s on their team and the maps aren’t that large.(Your gonna get it more than once or twice per match.)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Guys what needs to be done is buff the Signet of Purity (which btw is compeltely bugged right now). It should remove conditions on crit every 5 seconds instead of 10.

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

Guys what needs to be done is buff the Signet of Purity (which btw is compeltely bugged right now). It should remove conditions on crit every 5 seconds instead of 10.

and maybe it shouldn’t proc on crit but on hit.

in PvP

Posted by: Yadeniel.9310

Yadeniel.9310

l2p, necros are competitive now. This happens when there is a class that sucks hard since the release and get buffed 1 YEAR LATER, everyone is used for necros to be crap.

in PvP

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

Yeah, opportunity is a skill. Analyzing, reacting, making decisions, mindgaming… all that is so far.

Boons/Conditions are the most present mechanic in the game yet it’s not solid as a rock at all. Conditions are way too powerful and efficient to let room to others mechanics such as combos -A.K.A. one of the best ideas that have been brought to the game- that imho should affect your gameplay a lot more. But once again, except for healing and stealth, combos are about conditions/boons. How sad.

Let’s talk about cleansing conditions : with skills that “removes 1-2 conditions” you won’t go far because most of the time it won’t remove want YOU want to remove and because removing a poison that will be reapplied 1sec latter is just awesome. When it comes to more than 2 guys fighting, you just loose tracks of the conditions and the cleanse. The game needs to categorize conditions and adds more relations between cleansing and conditions such as Hide in Shadows or the warriors’ warhorn 4.

Now about warriors : they are a fair profession with fair tools yet they are weak in the current system because they can’t do kitten with conditions on ‘em (nobody can). Losing one of these tools for a random cleanse every 20+ sec won’t change the deal and buffing their mace stun to 3.0 sec cooldown 7.75 sec is not the solution : change the conditions system already.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Why cond removal is rng?If i see a burn applied in me i want to remove it immediately not see removing 2 stacks of vulnerability and then dieing after a few seconds.It should be a priority system or better be last in first out.
People thought that cond removal is out of control..I agree but with this randomness and condie presence its unfortunately …not enough.