Conditions need toning down

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

seriously conditiopns were meant to be DoT Sustained damage lower damaging than direct damage but making up for it by ignoring defenses

now conditions outburst even burst skills

and everyone and their grandmothers is running this trash spam

you know you messed your DoTs up when even your assasin profession has to resort to using those as burst

and that is ignoring the fact that condi relies on one stat allowing for bunker builds with high DPS output or in some cases like necro thanks to their 50% crit shroud passive get both direct and condi damage as well as tons of health

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

What tanky amulets in sPvP are you talking about?

And conditions only outdo power builds when taking zero condition cleanse. And by outdo I don’t mean outburst. Bursting down 15-25k HP is something power builds can do in a fraction of the time of condition builds.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I give you my tons of health for blocks, evades, 100% damage mitigation invus, stealth, instant teleports etc. Health means almost nothing in this game. Damage avoiding skills and mobility + health regen wins the game.

You can do so much damage and CC especially to necro that will eat all crap you drop on him as your char in this game don’t become immune after getting too much CC.

You are also talking about necros having 50% crit in shroud. And? Which you cant really use against decent enemies. In a lot of matches i can’t use shroud to do damage just to soak up damage. Shroud form gets outbursted in seconds,or enemy porting like crazy that you can’t hit them or just kiting you or cc you or kite + cc so shroud skills can’t hurt them. Your best bursting shroud combo can be interrupted easily etc.

I’ve noticed the more better players and hard dps going on from the enemy team the more useless shroud becomes it can become as useless that it doesn’t even worth to take soul reaping line that makes shroud stronger.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Just go guard with hunter’s fortification and meditations and worry about condis never

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

If you have problems with condis its l2p issue or you dont run meta builds. What assassin needs to use them? Only thief could be categorised as “assassin” but you dont see them run condis.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I think all of these condi complaints are for WvW which I can then completely agree that condi builds in most 1v1 or 1v2 situations against equally is a tiny bit more skilled power foe 9 times out of 10 win. This post is more then likely just on the wrong portion of the GW2 forums.

I only have issues with condi builds in sPvP when 3 or more are cycling their burst on me. But at that point what can you expect getting focused by 3 or more players. Condi build are not really overpowered in sPvP because most of the good condi options have been removed for sPvP. So it’s not noticeable as it is in WvW where condi roamers kits completely outclass power kits 9 times out of 10 because of Dire, Trailblazer gear and Perplexity Runes.

Again OP more then likely is talking about WvW and not sPvP. So unless you WvW I’d disregard this post from OP.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So it’s not noticeable as it is in WvW where condi roamers kits completely outclass power kits 9 times out of 10 because of Dire, Trailblazer gear and Perplexity Runes.

That 1 out 10 times being a warrior with such godly hp regen you cant even get them below 95% hp while they take about 20% of your hp per auto-attack due to being a “glass” cannon, completely nullifying condi specs?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

So it’s not noticeable as it is in WvW where condi roamers kits completely outclass power kits 9 times out of 10 because of Dire, Trailblazer gear and Perplexity Runes.

That 1 out 10 times being a warrior with such godly hp regen you cant even get them below 95% hp while they take about 20% of your hp per auto-attack due to being a “glass” cannon, completely nullifying condi specs?

Lol you put the hammer on the nail!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

People complained about condi, so Anet gave out condi removal like candy over the course of all the balance patches. But Anet also wanted conditions to be a viable option, so the path of least resistance for them led to the condi-bombing in between condi-clears route.

This “DoT Sustained damage lower damaging than direct damage but making up for it by ignoring defenses” type of attrition gameplay is simply impossible now. IMO conditions were actually more balanced in the early months of the game, before they started adding things like Zerker stance.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Condition is balanced.
Right now only 3 classes can kill you with condis (engi, mesmer, warrior), the necromancer focus on a hybrid build to inflict average damage (evade7block/move-away from his Rs5+4 combo and you’ll avoid 75% of the global necromancer condition damage output.

Then, conditions was an attrition damage time ago and No One wanted to use them , simply because no one was able to win with a thing that don’t inflicted enough damage to kill anyone.

Now almost all the builds in game run direct damage and only few mesmers, some warriors and even lesser engis use conditions and they’re the only one you have to fear.
Necromancer us conditions and direct damage (with that 50% crit rate in shroud) to try to kill you, but if you learn some tricks you will kill every single necro on your way fast and easy with any dps class.
All the other classes and builds use direct damage.

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

If conditions are that strong why is the majority of the builds non-condition?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If conditions are that strong why is the majority of the builds non-condition?

Because only so many classes have good condis/viable builds. When you only have 3-4 out of 9 classes that have viable Condi builds is why you see only a few builds overall, some classes are just not designed to be good with Condis

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

In that case condition builds can’t be too strong. Or every match would be full with condi classes. I don’t see that many condi mesmers, condi necros or warriors. My matches are full with revs, guards or thieves

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Condition is balanced.
Right now only 3 classes can kill you with condis (engi, mesmer, warrior), the necromancer focus on a hybrid build to inflict average damage (evade7block/move-away from his Rs5+4 combo and you’ll avoid 75% of the global necromancer condition damage output.

Then, conditions was an attrition damage time ago and No One wanted to use them , simply because no one was able to win with a thing that don’t inflicted enough damage to kill anyone.

Now almost all the builds in game run direct damage and only few mesmers, some warriors and even lesser engis use conditions and they’re the only one you have to fear.
Necromancer us conditions and direct damage (with that 50% crit rate in shroud) to try to kill you, but if you learn some tricks you will kill every single necro on your way fast and easy with any dps class.
All the other classes and builds use direct damage.

I agree with some of this; not every class is condi-viable. And the meta has shifted a bit away from S3’s condi meta. That being said:

1. The top and most common mes build is condition hands-down. It’s the top-rated mes build on Metabattle, so that’s where new players are going to go regardless of whether they know what they’re doing or not. It’s quite rare though not unheard of to run into a power mes in your everyday matchups. Not going to comment on pro-level, that’s a small sample size with constantly shifting strategies, so it’s not worth generalizing. I know Helseth runs both.
  2. If by “some warriors” you mean that you’ll run into a condi warr once every 2 matches then yeah, some warriors run it. Because I encounter them all the time.
  3. And yeah totally agree, condi engi isn’t so common though it’s making a comeback.

Condi rev has been forced out by Retribution nerfs, burn guard isn’t as viable atm but is used occasionally, condi ranger and condi ele are silly. Condi thief though; man I hate that build. Anet is trying to push it, that’s the only reason I can see for them buffing venoms in the last patch and making venomshare baseline a few patches ago. It’s not something that will ever be played at pro-level, but it’s becoming more common due to how easy it is.

As for whether condi is balanced, I think that some classes have too much access to too many conditions, nobody should be able to stack 7 different kinds of conditions in a short period of time. But I don’t generally feel as if condition is out of control, the OP probably needs to practice some more.