Conditions too powerful

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Q:

Can’t we just try flat 20% DMG reduction to all conditions so its fair to all classes just bringing total condi damage down?

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

As much as I would love to see more skillful play involving conditions, that would do zero to help with build diversity. So you get a catch 22, kind of. Reduce the condition output of classes, and you reduce build diversity, but you get more active play. Do nothing, and players continue to get condi bombed. Pretty sure there is a happy medium in there somewhere.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

No because than they’ll be useless in PVE and we know anet never seperates balance.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: ziggystardust.3721

ziggystardust.3721

Are you afraid of conditions? I don’t like stuns. Necro chills was nerfed so all good. If you can’t deal with so called condi builds..well, maybe you should reconsider your build and stop running glass cannon? Go bunker, change build, make team yourself. You can fight condi builds quite easy now.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Are you afraid of conditions? I don’t like stuns. Necro chills was nerfed so all good. If you can’t deal with so called condi builds..well, maybe you should reconsider your build and stop running glass cannon? Go bunker, change build, make team yourself. You can fight condi builds quite easy now.

aka let’s all run bunkers and back to s1…. OK

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I feel like these threads are made by people who try to 1v1 a Warrior on the point, get hit by Skull Grinder and die, then come to vent on the forums.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If conditions are too powerful, why is the meta builds spread 3 condition offensive classes(nec/mes/warr), 2 power offensive classes(rev/thief) and 3 defensive power classes(ranger/druid/engi)?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

@sarrs your logic… there could be 8 power classes and 1 completely op condi class and you’d probably still be like “it can’t be op, it’s 1:8…..”

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I think it comes down to the risk/reward. The risk/ reward for some Condi builds is out of wack.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

If conditions are too powerful, why is the meta builds spread 3 condition offensive classes(nec/mes/warr), 2 power offensive classes(rev/thief) and 3 defensive power classes(ranger/druid/engi)?

Maybe because different classes have different strengths, skills, and traits??? Just because Celestial was useless on Thief doesn’t mean it wasn’t ridiculous on pre-HoT d/d Ele.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I think stuns and dazes are too powerful, lets nerf all of them so they only hit 1 out 5 times.

This would be just as asinine as nerfing all condition dmg.

How about this solution instead:
Reduce cooldown on purity sigil to 2-3 seconds, maybe adjust hit chance to 50% instead of 60%.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Answer: No, conditions are not too powerful. Condition barf, on the other hand, is too powerful—for how easy it is to pull off—and annoying… And rather brain dead.

*Condition Barf: Apply multiple (5-9) conditions within a second.

**There is not enough condi removal to handle this.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Answer: No, conditions are not too powerful. Condition barf, on the other hand, is too powerful—for how easy it is to pull off—and annoying… And rather brain dead.

*Condition Barf: Apply multiple (5-9) conditions within a second.

**There is not enough condi removal to handle this.

Exactly this!

It should not be possible to fart several conditions at once…at the very last not with that frequency

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Then it shouldnt be possible to “barf out” so much power dmg either at once.

No, the problem to the solution is either more vitality amulets… or runes/sigils that can handle conditions better.

Sigil of purity on a 3 second cooldown… thats all you need. Or maybe look at lyssa runeset and adjust it to be more suitable for a wider range of professions.
But tbh, Im in favor of reducing cooldown on sigil of purity.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Can the condi nerf people give an example of how they think condi is op? Like some of the above posters stated, the meta consists of three condi (necro, mesmer, warrior), two power (thief, Rev), and three defensive (engie, druid, ele). And all of these classes are currently played. It’s even balanced 3-3-3 if you count dh in the power group.

Posts like these aren’t really constructive, because they fail to identify (any) problem. Just as you need defence against physical damage (protection, invulns, reflects) so too do you need defence against condi (clears, resistance)

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Can the condi nerf people give an example of how they think condi is op? Like some of the above posters stated, the meta consists of three condi (necro, mesmer, warrior), two power (thief, Rev), and three defensive (engie, druid, ele). And all of these classes are currently played. It’s even balanced 3-3-3 if you count dh in the power group.

Posts like these aren’t really constructive, because they fail to identify (any) problem. Just as you need defence against physical damage (protection, invulns, reflects) so too do you need defence against condi (clears, resistance)

Frequency , Low CD+ number o f conditions spammed
Conditions being able to Outdps Power builds while being Debuff skills Ie Confusion,Torment,Weakness
COnditions being able to fully shut down power builds with stuff like Weakness while there not existing a counterpart version of said skill towards conditions
the Only professions able to fight this condi spam meta are basically warrior because of the 30s resistance stance, Druid, and ele
and again the fact that conditions match and surpass Power burst builds
a term as Sustained Damage Burst should not exist in the first place

and the easiest one Condition has no mitigation it flat out ignores armor

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Frequency , Low CD+ number o f conditions spammed
Conditions being able to Outdps Power builds while being Debuff skills Ie Confusion,Torment,Weakness
COnditions being able to fully shut down power builds with stuff like Weakness while there not existing a counterpart version of said skill towards conditions
the Only professions able to fight this condi spam meta are basically warrior because of the 30s resistance stance, Druid, and ele
and again the fact that conditions match and surpass Power burst builds
a term as Sustained Damage Burst should not exist in the first place

and the easiest one Condition has no mitigation it flat out ignores armor

Can you give a specific example of something that’s op? All I see here are generalities.

Vitality and condition cleanses are the comparable “armor” to condition damage.

And, unlike physical damage, conditions do their damage over time (thus resulting in less burst) and can be cleansed. You have more reaction time in dealing with condition damage.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Just tell me one profession that does not have access to either invul/block/evade frames and/or heavy condition cleanse on traits/skills/etc.

You are comparing apples with peas. Both are round after all.

Conditions can be removed, there is resistance rendering condition dmg useless… and condition builds have to work around evade/block/invul just as powerbuilds have to.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Conditions are droping de target’s HP faster than brute dmg. And no have counter play to condi builds.
As berzerk specs, condis specs should spend resources to maximize their dmg, but now they only need condi dmg and keep with good/high sustain.
The fórmula to all cond dmg should change and include precision (if get crit, increease time) and ferocity (to define the percentual of time increased).
The condi duration stat should be removed and the condition weakness could affect condi dmg.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

With HoT came lots of new condi access, and Mesmers can apply more torment and confusion than ever before and boon corruption is now a thing. To take all this new condi spam into account cleanses need to be on shorter cooldowns and clear far more. Earth focus 4 should cleanse 5 or maybe even 6 condis (2 for nearby allies) for example to account for the new condition access.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Boon corruption has been a “thing” for years now.

Resistance was added to take added condition spam in account.

Jetwing, your post kinda shows that you dont have a clue about condi builds. You want to scrap expertise, but then add it back as added value to precision? Do you even realize how many “condi on crit” traits etc are there in most condi builds?

I havent died to a condi bomb as fast as to a staff thief yet. If YOU die that fast, then maybe you should start working on your gameplay. If you just sit there and take it, of course you die. If a thief dazes my necro from stealth and then jumps me with dodge+staff… Im dead without lifeforce full. Do you hear me crying about having thief nerfed? No. I know my hardcounters and accept them… I know that I shouldnt run around without lifeforce, and 9/10 I die to low lifeforce because I wasted it before to secure an already secure stomp.
See what I did there?

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Conditions are droping de target’s HP faster than brute dmg. And no have counter play to condi builds.
As berzerk specs, condis specs should spend resources to maximize their dmg, but now they only need condi dmg and keep with good/high sustain.
The fórmula to all cond dmg should change and include precision (if get crit, increease time) and ferocity (to define the percentual of time increased).
The condi duration stat should be removed and the condition weakness could affect condi dmg.

Exaggerate much?

NSPride <3

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

JETWING.2759

Yasi.
My gameplay is good. To start i run full of cleanses, and they are not enough. And when all cleanses ends i become easy kill to them. This occurs with all classes, except necros, warriors and some eles.
The goal of my suggestion is balance conditions and power. Is make condi bursters(i also use condi with my necro) less tank. Is make those player use some strategy instead just come and hit, hit and keep hitting until kill without skill or dificulty.
The goal is improve the game to everyone, not only some specs.
I told to remove condi duration and make increased for ferocity, but players need run like berzerk specs to be condi bursters. They will need spend in condi dmg to give real dmg like power specs.
I also told to change formula, Then the base dmg need be toned down to match with the 3 stats.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Razor.9872

Yasi.
My gameplay is good. To start i run full of cleanses, and they are not enough. And when all cleanses ends i become easy kill to them. This occurs with all classes, except necros, warriors and some eles.
The goal of my suggestion is balance conditions and power. Is make condi bursters(i also use condi with my necro) less tank. Is make those player use some strategy instead just come and hit, hit and keep hitting until kill without skill or dificulty.
I told to remove condi duration and make increased for ferocity, but players need run like berzerk specs to be condi bursters. They will need spend in condi dmg to give real dmg like power specs.
I also told to change formula, Then the base dmg need be toned down to match with the 3 stats.

What profession do you normally play?

NSPride <3

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

JETWING.2759

Yasi.

Engineer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhCsY5VwPLQ7FLTGUY/SWYHXfFig4zOQAA-TJxIABTXGw79HA4BAs9FAAA

I was using Lissa runes to extra clease, but wasn’t enough. Then i replaced for leadership to increase quickness and others boons uptime, while keep with minor group cleanse.

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The only thing I dislike about conditions is that they persist on a player when you res them from down state, so condi cleave on corpses makes them completely unable to be ressed and kept alive. Otherwise I just think people need to be smarter about their 1v1 and try really hard to make sure they have a decent Ele on their team to help counter the pressure.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The only thing I dislike about conditions is that they persist on a player when you res them from down state, so condi cleave on corpses makes them completely unable to be ressed and kept alive. Otherwise I just think people need to be smarter about their 1v1 and try really hard to make sure they have a decent Ele on their team to help counter the pressure.

yeah and that is why my guild chat is always like: LF ele for queue

nobody wants to play with anything else anymore, ty condi builds

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

Razor.9872

Yasi.

Engineer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhCsY5VwPLQ7FLTGUY/SWYHXfFig4zOQAA-TJxIABTXGw79HA4BAs9FAAA

I was using Lissa runes to extra clease, but wasn’t enough. Then i replaced for leadership to increase quickness and others boons uptime, while keep with minor group cleanse.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThCsY5VwdLQ7FLTGk4zGfAC3eyC746rQEA-TJBFABtv/QbXAAAeAAiXGAA

Try this instead. If you really don’t like the elixir heal, swap back to the turret. I find they are more or less the same after the nerf. Also, you really need elixir gun. Bombs are cool, but you already have the mortar kit. Use elixir-gun 3 in group-fights to cleanse your team-mates of condi’s, 5 to cleanse your team-mates and yourself of condi’s, and 4 to lay down a damaging field. If you don’t want 4 to move you, then “weapon-swap” right after casting it, and you won’t move far at all.

You are not meant to throw yourself into a teamfight. Stay mid-range, throwing down aoe’s on point, cleansing people of condi’s, and using rifle for CC and minor burst.

NSPride <3

Conditions too powerful

in PvP

JETWING.2759

Yasi.

Engineer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThCsY5VwdLQ7FLTGk4zGfAC3eyC746rQEA-TJBFABtv/QbXAAAeAAiXGAA

Try this instead. If you really don’t like the elixir heal, swap back to the turret. I find they are more or less the same after the nerf. Also, you really need elixir gun. Bombs are cool, but you already have the mortar kit. Use elixir-gun 3 in group-fights to cleanse your team-mates of condi’s, 5 to cleanse your team-mates and yourself of condi’s, and 4 to lay down a damaging field. If you don’t want 4 to move you, then “weapon-swap” right after casting it, and you won’t move far at all.

You are not meant to throw yourself into a teamfight. Stay mid-range, throwing down aoe’s on point, cleansing people of condi’s, and using rifle for CC and minor burst.

Ty.
I ll try