Congrats Denial Esports for MLG victory!!

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

we (MEN) Gomen Nasai actually took a match off WM once. probably the pinnacle of my time in gw1. Totally only happened because they didnt take us serious enough, and we used their own cheesey tactic against them. Still, a win against that team was a win, and an epic one for us!

Never heard of (MEN). What cheesey tactic are you talking about? There was WM (War Machine, a professional korean guild, who dominated with EvIL a long time the leaderboards) → no cheesey builds at all) and there was another WM (Washing Machines, playing cheesey build, like Nec Spike). You probably mean the second one mentioned?

And if these GW1 Guilds (PnH, iQ, WM, EvIL etc.) would join GW2, they would actually steamroll others teams for sure. All respect to TP, Team Curse etc. But they are not playing on the same level and with the same intensity.

And – Congrats to Denial Esports!

in PvP

Posted by: Jorn of Yesterday.1783

Jorn of Yesterday.1783

Gw2 will never have same level of competition as gw1

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

iQ did have some players join over. One of my buddies was with em, I think Ensign was too.

They mostly quit like 90 days after launch.

it was War Machine I’m talking about yes. (MEN) was by no means a big time guild. We enjoyed being on the front page (top 20) for the first week or so of a season once, that was the highlight of our success. we took a dive to like, page 3 immediatelt there after.

I was playing one of the monks, so my account might be a bit rusty here, but as I recall the premise of the ‘cheese’ was to use the maguma jungle guild hall, and use (1 or 2?) warriors to body block the first enemy bridge. This prevented them from getting to work on your NPCs properly prior to VoD and so ensured a victory. Out leader watched WM use the tactic in spectate and then got excited and had us all que (we also ran triple war, and on that map.) He never thought we’d actually match off against WM.

Anyways WM wasnt taking us too seriously, which befit our actual skill. They played too aggressive and we used the body block tactic. We were getting our butts whooped by VoD but the gimmic worked and we pulled off a win. I dont recall if that got us in the top 20 or kept us there for longer than we belonged, but it was a hell of a ride.

I wasnt, nor was my guild, famous or pro. I like to think we were pretty good for non famous people, we did brush shoulders with them some. I did a halls run with star, evils monk once.

Speaking of blood spike though, I am the origional author of that build. Well coauthor, the concept was mine but my buddy helped shape it before we took it live.

in PvP

ryston.7640

God kitten I feel like the forest gump of Guild Wars now.

I was also with Embryo (FF) when he got an email back from anet (this is like, day 3 of open) saying that body blocking with spirits was a feature of the game and would not be considered an exploit. He explained this as we loaded onto a relic run… and thus was born the cheesiest FOTM Guild Wars would know until IWAY (which, sadly, I cant claim to have had anything to do with. Other than getting steam rolled by it the first time we saw it.)

Interestingly the patch which killed spirit spam was the patch that made blood spike plausible. edit spirit walling, spamming still happened, and was the key to BS

in PvP

ryston.7640

I even like to pretend I had something to do with smite, as I tinkered with an ele that spammed self buffs with ether renewal and so forth.

of course that small but obvious switch from self casting, in which you cannot give chase, to casting on a warrior…. really makes the build viable. dunno why i didnt see that one. woulda had another feather in my cap.

ALSO I used a hammer warrior with gale in 4v4 long before the koreans made that popular. … just sayin.

anyhow thats the end of my epic gw1 forest gump moments. all the rest was just fun gameplay and stuff… that gw2 lacks

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

comparing gw1 and gw2 is like comparing console based OS and touch based OS. sure memorizing commandline commands is cooler and requires more brains than a touching and pinching graphical user interface. but guys, which between the 2 is dead, obsolete and outdated?

Over 95% of all the servers and supercomputers out there in the world running Linux / BSD, and a bunch of programmers would like to disagree with saying the terminal is dead.

Keyword for you is programmers.

But i was referring to consumers (context clue: pinching gui, programmers code code and do console commands on servers, yes.). the regular joe guys who want to do computers. you are forgetting the tablet and the smartphones too, which are the envisioned computers in the 80s to be spread like hotcakes. Tell me, do you do console commands on your smartphone? or tablet? or on your Windows? Linux, yep, when you install on commandline but there is a gui version of application installation now. and linux is just a fraction of the en masse computer software for the market. If console is still the in thing, then Linux shouldve gotten hardcore being a terminal only OS. But they were extended to have GUI, to keep up with times. And Windows still dominate. For smartphones, you can raise Android but do Android users do console commands? Poke and pinch man.

from a reputable site:

“In the Linux Forum, there is an interesting debate going on about GUI (Graphical User Interface) and CLI (Command Line Interface), two modes for users to interact with the computer. Valid but opposing arguments were made by both sides:

— GUI makes it easy for the user, therefore makes the OS user-friendly.
— GUI interface means the OS is “dumbed down”

— CLI gives the user more control and options.
— CLI is stone-aged; it belongs to a “The History of Computers” museum. "

Obvious thing is obvious. MS-DOS is dead. Windows 8 is pinch and poke. Vanilla Unix is 70s and old. Ubuntu Linux is the most popular GUI UNIX based OS nowadays

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

comparing gw1 and gw2 is like comparing console based OS and touch based OS. sure memorizing commandline commands is cooler and requires more brains than a touching and pinching graphical user interface. but guys, which between the 2 is dead, obsolete and outdated?

Over 95% of all the servers and supercomputers out there in the world running Linux / BSD, and a bunch of programmers would like to disagree with saying the terminal is dead.

Keyword for you is programmers.

But i was referring to consumers (context clue: pinching gui, programmers code code and do console commands on servers, yes.). the regular joe guys who want to do computers. you are forgetting the tablet and the smartphones too, which are the envisioned computers in the 80s to be spread like hotcakes. Tell me, do you do console commands on your smartphone? or tablet? or on your Windows? Linux, yep, when you install on commandline but there is a gui version of application installation now. and linux is just a fraction of the en masse computer software for the market. If console is still the in thing, then Linux shouldve gotten hardcore being a terminal only OS. But they were extended to have GUI, to keep up with times. And Windows still dominate. For smartphones, you can raise Android but do Android users do console commands? Poke and pinch man.

from a reputable site:

“In the Linux Forum, there is an interesting debate going on about GUI (Graphical User Interface) and CLI (Command Line Interface), two modes for users to interact with the computer. Valid but opposing arguments were made by both sides:

— GUI makes it easy for the user, therefore makes the OS user-friendly.
— GUI interface means the OS is “dumbed down”

— CLI gives the user more control and options.
— CLI is stone-aged; it belongs to a “The History of Computers” museum. "

Obvious thing is obvious. MS-DOS is dead. Windows 8 is pinch and poke. Vanilla Unix is 70s and old. Ubuntu Linux is the most popular GUI UNIX based OS nowadays

I don’t even know what you’re trying to argue. Just admit you were wrong and move on. CLI still has it’s niche use and is far from dead. It gets used by hundreds of thousands of professionals and enthusiasts every day. The same applies to GW1, it still has it’s niche playerbase (GvGers and some PvEers) but it’s gameplay itself isn’t outdated, obsolete or anything. I swear, get a perspective. It’s a game that has only been out for 8 years and was supported for like 6. Which is much for a generic MMORPG but nothing for a serious eSports game (which I’m not saying it still is, but it could have been with the proper support), let alone a game or sport in general.

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

get a perspective? I did. my perspective was from the PoV of regular users, the masses, the not tech savvy. and on that perspective, terminal/console/cli is dead.

niche is niche. the hardcores, the “nerds”, the subculturists, the leet computer users. from this perspective, im wrong. sure.

but do you think computers are manufactured and made for a niche audience? i dont think so.

also do you think guild wars 2 is made to appease a niche audience (guild wars 1 hardcores), i don’t think so.

appeal to a high skill ceiling of Guild Wars 1 is akin to a computer user being cool for knowing 90% or all of the console commands. Sure you got brains, but console is old. The “in” thing now is poke and pinch.

in PvP

Posted by: Bushido.2184

Bushido.2184

But the thing is, Alcopaul, just like powerful CLI interfaces, competitive gaming has always been niche. The casual market is where the masses are.

And you’re right, GW2 was not made to appease a niche audience. Actually, GW1 was pretty niche being entirely instanced with a max level of 20 and quickly capped stats, and mainly focused on PvP. GW2, however, is undoubtedly becoming more catered to casual gameplay.

This whole conversation is in the context of the PvP systems between the two games. And when we are talking about that, GW1 is still superior.

Leet Hacker (War) | Linüx (Necro) | Linúx (Ele)
Quit to play my 2 favorite competitive fps and moba games ported to my favorite OS.

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

This whole conversation is in the context of the PvP systems between the two games. And when we are talking about that, GW1 is still superior.

Superior meaning very high skill ceiling to master, yes. GW1 superior.

But you have to consider other things in the name of superiority. Sports generally have simple mechanics (i.e. passing the ball) and simple objectives (i.e. shooting the ball).

It doesn’t necessarily mean that if it’s simple, its not superior. Coz simplicity means the system is easy to follow and easy to play. and with that, there will be lots of spectators and players, ideally. the only one thing to debate with this that is it challenging? is it hard? how do you address "challenge in a simple PvP system.

And the thing entering to the picture is the competition itself. the pvp itself. the players themselves. which is the better team on this simple system.? who is the most skilled team under this simple mechanics? who brings THE SHOW on the competition? Who would you say gave you “WTF that was a clutch move” moment? it is the clash itself to determine of how high did one reach the skill ceiling. Winners more skilled. Losers less skilled.

See, a competitive scene can still thrive on a simple PvP system. The advantage of this system is its simplicity, which can get viewers and players, coz as ive said, it is easy to follow and it is easy to play.

and if you got more players, there will be more competition. and if more competition means a stronger validation of your skill level. if youre top 1 out of 100,000 players, that says a lot. in guild wars 1, if you’re top 1 out of 500 players, you’re niche good.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i dont think anyone cares about MLG or esports related to GW2. in fact, this entire thread is basically all whining about the terrible state of pvp in this game. get more funds, more resources, make some serious changes, then we’ll talk about and celebrate tourneys.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all,

This thread is to congratulate the team that won the MLG Invitational tournament. Please keep it on topic, or take your off-topic discussion to a different thread.

Thank you!

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

Hey all,

This thread is to congratulate the team that won the MLG Invitational tournament. Please keep it on topic, or take your off-topic discussion to a different thread.

Thank you!

and they did a very good job and they deserve a congratulations. but sadly allie the truth is a lot of players already left SPVP, or just waiting for to be in a healthier state. a lot of players are angry, bitter and resentful because arenanet never fully delivered on the PvP side of the game, so a derail is to be expected.

so allow me to get this thread back on topic:-) .
what does Denial plan to do in the future with the game. I’d like to know their thoughts as a team on some of the compositions and builds in the tournament overall (whats too strong to weak what would they change)

I’d also like to bring up if arenanet has plans to do any more tournaments like this and when can we expect them

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

We aren’t planning any tournaments right now, though we are helping/supporting some community-driven tournaments that are coming up!

in PvP

Kline.9561

We aren’t planning any tournaments right now, though we are helping/supporting some community-driven tournaments that are coming up!

where can we find these community tournaments?
will there be a shout casters / commentary maybe even streams?

or is it too soon to say.

another great idea you should advertise these tournaments in game like lions Arch or send a global message to all the spvp areas.

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

I wonder how the developers feel about the current scene?

Did they know that the teams like SYNC, CC, and DEN hardly practiced at all before the tournament? CC and SYNC only played for about a week up till the tournament started while DNL had not played a single team queue together for a month before the tournament started. They had literally never practiced with the guardian they pugged either.

The current PvP scene is dead and the reason why there was so much variety because nobody takes it seriously anymore. Now that the tournament is over you literally never see these teams practice, and they don’t intend to either. They’ll AFK for as long as it’s possible for them to do so while being competitively viable while the teams that remain and want to tryhard can do nothing but queue vs pugs and extremely low tier teams.

I hope that ArenaNet sees this tournament sees the low level of play, random compositions, haphazard pugs, lack of professionalism and understands that the scene needs a LOT to be rebuilt after you ruined the scene in the EU with the dhuumfire patch. You literally made it go from 8+ competitive teams to 0. For the first time ever there isn’t a single known tournament team that queues regularly.

This is what I got from Helseth, who could have said similiar things to confirm this if he was not banned on the forum.

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

in PvP

Kline.9561

@Adam
yep things have been pretty much that bad for a while now. and I think the saddest part about it is this game had so much potential it honestly did have what it takes to be e_sport. but it looks like anets priorities are elsewhere.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Yes, we’ve seen some of the more competitive teams disband or leave. There’s a pretty big drop-off in skill from the top tier, which means that anyone in the top tier doesn’t need to put as much effort in to practice.

We can’t stop people from leaving. What we can do is keep developing the game until it’s in a good place, and those players don’t want to leave, or want to come back. In the meantime, I will continue to focus on helping support members of the community that do put in the extra effort to run tournaments or help new players. That’s the beauty of having a sub-free game.

I know that’s probably not the answer you guys were looking for, but we are still working on the game. Yes, it’s likely not as fast as you want it to be, but there isn’t much we can do on that front except to keep pushing forward.

Thanks for the support!

in PvP

Kline.9561

Yes, we’ve seen some of the more competitive teams disband or leave. There’s a pretty big drop-off in skill from the top tier, which means that anyone in the top tier doesn’t need to put as much effort in to practice.

We can’t stop people from leaving. What we can do is keep developing the game until it’s in a good place, and those players don’t want to leave, or want to come back. In the meantime, I will continue to focus on helping support members of the community that do put in the extra effort to run tournaments or help new players. That’s the beauty of having a sub-free game.

I know that’s probably not the answer you guys were looking for, but we are still working on the game. Yes, it’s likely not as fast as you want it to be, but there isn’t much we can do on that front except to keep pushing forward.

Thanks for the support!

no actually from a personal standpoint this is kind of the answer I was looking for. your company monetizes PvE because it’s more profitable, Guild Wars 2 came out a little early, so SPVP was a little under developed. that sucks but that’s how businesses are ran and

we can’t fully blame the developers for the problems that plague SPVP, when they’re not getting the resources they require, to put SPVP a healthier state.

but my advice for the long run. start monetizing on PvP items in the cash shop, make the barrier of entry easier on new players (thats a big one) by making it a learning process. work on the watchability of the game so it veiwer freindly. and then when the mists is in a better state make a free2play client for just the mists, because one of the major reasons that a lot of games considered eSports are so successful, is due to the easy acsess of the game, this could cause a mass flux of new players which SPVP really needs, while giving the opportunity to the f2p players to buy the full client of the game, generating more sales and giving more incentives to forward resources to SPVP

in PvP

Kline.9561

also another helpful tip. stay very very far away from passive, autopilot builds. InFocus on making builds more active / reactive while introducing risk vs reward combat. like for example the Mesmer greatsword doing more damage the closer he is to his target, rather than being farther away putting him at risk of melee damage but with the opportunity of dealing more damage.

The best kind of examplesof these game mechanics can be found on the weapons and equipment in the game Team Fortress 2, or the skills on the heroes in DotA 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

They were the top 16 teams, so getting there had to take a fair amount of skill. End result this is the best sPvP team in Guild Wars and they have my congrats.

Not sure what this had to do with GvG at all…

No offence , im from w machine and we find the lack of gvg fail just saying i lol at these tourneys all meta rubbish no imagination , not because of the players because of the lack of diversity , just sayin , we could put a team out n roll the winners :P

I dont care if you are from War Machine… Did you get a group of 5 and go in and do the tourney? NO so i do not consider you number 1 or able to rofl roll the teams. Your arrogance is biased and invalid. UNTIL you do a invitational and win you can say you are #1 all you want the truth is you are not.. Just sayin leave your ego biased kitten at the door. Grats to the winners!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Y
I know that’s probably not the answer you guys were looking for,

You need not worry the majority of people like honest answers, its refreshing.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Kline.9561, a lot of the tips/suggestions you make in your post are things that are big focuses for us. The good news is that some of that work is spread out over several different teams, so while it might take a while to develop, we have a lot of great features coming to help with barrier to entry, etc.

As for monetization, that’s a bit more difficult considering we already give a lot of the things that can be monetized away as we don’t want to have a huge barrier to entry in PvP. If you have suggestions for stuff like that, feel free to share!

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Thanks for the support!

I think this is the first time a pvp dev is honest with the community.

Good job

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Thanks for the support!

I think this is the first time a pvp dev is honest with the community.

Good job

I think you are confusing open with honest, they are generally honest, they are just not open.

Given how ppl react to openness, it is usually better to not be too open, because players are too stupid, i.e the thread that was QQing about how the balance patch was suppose to be oct 1. even when they specifically said oct 15 on topic of the leaked patch notes.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Kline.9561, a lot of the tips/suggestions you make in your post are things that are big focuses for us. The good news is that some of that work is spread out over several different teams, so while it might take a while to develop, we have a lot of great features coming to help with barrier to entry, etc.

As for monetization, that’s a bit more difficult considering we already give a lot of the things that can be monetized away as we don’t want to have a huge barrier to entry in PvP. If you have suggestions for stuff like that, feel free to share!

Here’s something you could monetize on:

Patsy: Mini Pet. Follows you around. Bangs on coconuts. Carries your banner. Customizable backpack skin.
If you don’t know of whom I am speaking, look here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070903144949/montypython/images/9/9a/Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg

I’d drop serious coin for a patsy.

Here’s how you could make it work for PVP:

For new items and/or mini-pets, tournament winners get them for free and before they are released for sale in the gem store.
Items/pets are released in the gem store a few months later.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Ah I see negative posts are getting deleted.

Congrats on the MLG Esports win to team Denial. Can’t wait for the next one.

Any thoughts on tournaments which give small prizes to many players? Like all in the top 1000 solo q or so.
Boxes of energy drinks, mousemats etc. I’ve seen tournies like that go down well before.

in PvP

Kline.9561

okay here’s a list of things that you can monetize on for spvP.

1. video channels. this is a huge one, teaching players about skills classes and game modes through visual observation is a great way to teach players, all about SPVP. games like League of Legends and dota 2 have quick 5 second videos directly in there video game, straight from YouTube, these quick video showcase the abilities of every hero in their game.

so make a youtube channel completely dedicated 2 SPVP that new players can directly connect to from in game. that showcases the strength and weaknesses of each class. as well as helpful tips on how to play the game.

2. formatting hot join to prepare new players for competitive formats such as tournaments. meaning that it’s time to set hot join maps at 5 vs 5 games, so as to not confuse and frustrate new players coming into tournaments from hot joins. 16 player matches are wildly different from 10 player matches, and if the community wants 16 player matches that is what custome arena is for.

3. setting team que at higher incentives and priorities than solo queue and hot joins. this will help form teams and a stronger community, making people coordinate together to achieve goals.

4. templates. I personally believe that this is an option that should be sold in the cash shop. this could generate great revenue for both SPVP and PvE. attach templates to the PvP lockers to keep players from switching build mid game or before it starts.

5. ziashen keys. simply put make it happen.

6. glory boosters. when you change the reward system make glory actually worth something. there’s not enough glory dumps in the game to justify spending any of it. So make glory boosters something people want to buy on the cash shop. rather than passing them out so freely.

7. this of late is a pretty controversial topic. but try attaching a guild verses mode into custom arenas to give the community more incentive to buy custom arenas.

8. start selling tickets so that players can watch tournament games in game. and compendiums that support their favorite teams.

9. another way of helping new players is to give short cut scenes of how to play spvp gamemodes when they first enter SPVP. or have the living story team make a short Interactive event, that has a players entering spvp for the first time playing a match with npc’s.

10. make rewards give the player a feeling of satisfactory and accomplishment. presenting a cool reward or item after a match with flashy presentation. is a good way to start. encouraging the player to achieve more rewards.

11. streams, and replay. new players learning from top tier players, via watching streams and replays. this is an amazing tool to help every player improve their game. coming up with an in game system, that allows players to pull up old replays and save them to their computer. or watch live games. this doesn’t need to be a system tied into hot joints, it needs to be its own thing. there needs to be an NPC in the mist that pulls up all the information players need, to watch live games and replays.(give an option for players to save a replay after a match ends, so they can learn from their mistakes or the enemy team).

I will post more ideas in the future or make a separate thread

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Ah I see negative posts are getting deleted.

Congrats on the MLG Esports win to team Denial. Can’t wait for the next one.

Any thoughts on tournaments which give small prizes to many players? Like all in the top 1000 solo q or so.
Boxes of energy drinks, mousemats etc. I’ve seen tournies like that go down well before.

And it’s good that some posts are getting deleted…

I think a tournament with a large prize pool is a really good idea, actually. I don’t think there would be a good way to do it with physical prizes though. Maybe a solo ladder season with in-game rewards, though.

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

10. make rewards give the player a feeling of satisfactory and accomplishment. presenting a cool reward or item after a match with flashy presentation. is a good way to start. encouraging the player to achieve more rewards.

I am not a PvP player, yet. I know I will be one day, as I used to be in other MMO’s I’ve played. I’ve been following the PvP threads a bit since launch, and Kline’s above comment is the one that rings through all threads since launch.

PvP needs some serious rewards. It needs to be cool, it needs to be exclusive. I’m talking legendaries, shiny gadgets and minipets, even stuff exclusive to sPvP.
Don’t be afraid to let the rewards of sPvP spill over into WvW, and the other way around. You want those crowds to mix.

Serious PvP’ers – whether in sPvP or WvW – provide the beating heart of any game. They’re usually the guild leaders, fansite builders, and streamers – energetic people that you want to be around with.

sPvP in particular, needs incentives to excel. It needs rewards. Serious rewards.

I congratulate the winners of the tournament.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in PvP

Posted by: Ezzyz.6045

Ezzyz.6045

I am not a PvP player, yet. I know I will be one day, as I used to be in other MMO’s I’ve played. I’ve been following the PvP threads a bit since launch, and Kline’s above comment is the one that rings through all threads since launch.

PvP needs some serious rewards. It needs to be cool, it needs to be exclusive. I’m talking legendaries, shiny gadgets and minipets, even stuff exclusive to sPvP.
Don’t be afraid to let the rewards of sPvP spill over into WvW, and the other way around. You want those crowds to mix.

Serious PvP’ers – whether in sPvP or WvW – provide the beating heart of any game. They’re usually the guild leaders, fansite builders, and streamers – energetic people that you want to be around with.

sPvP in particular, needs incentives to excel. It needs rewards. Serious rewards.

I congratulate the winners of the tournament.

First step to rewarding the actual players partaking in spvp would probably be to scrap the current ranking system. Ranks in the current state of the game are meaningless. I’m not referring to meaningless in a rewards sort of way, but meaningless in the prestige associated with being anywhere in the 50+ range.

WoW comes to mind. Players didn’t grind out glad, sit on rating for months in broken seasons (4, 8, 9, 11) for the physical rewards. A strong motivator was the permanent feat of strength / title Gladiator. Now look at GW. The 40+ is completely plagued with skyhammer glory farmers. I congratulate the dev team on eventually fixing it, but the damage is far too done. There needs to be prestige given back to spvp ranks. Rewards would work well for ranks in GW (Honestly…the same set of chests at every rank with different items of the same quality is a complete joke, sorry for the harshness, just how I interpret it).

You’re doing seasons in wvw, why not tournament seasons? There is 0 incentive to currently grind out a solid portion of time in t/spvp There is no end game, prestige, value. Just hotjoin with different achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Maybe we can get a dev to comment on when we should expect critical quality of life improvements that pvp desperately needs and less of this sort of stuff. Just sayin’.

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Maybe we can get a dev to comment on when we should expect critical quality of life improvements that pvp desperately needs and less of this sort of stuff. Just sayin’.

You’re asking for the one and only piece of info they cannot and should not give.
You can ask them what the future rewards are that they currently have in mind. You can ask them how they will implement the reward system. But you can’t ask them “when”.

Reason: if they say “end of December”, and it’s not good enough in December but it’s launched anyway, it all falls apart, backfires and kills what is left of the s/tPvP community. If at the end of December they say “we’re not ready, it will be February” the community explodes and people leave. Cuz they mad bro!

ETA’s don’t work, and they know it. If you want answers, ask something else.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your ideas and thoughts, all! I’ve passed this feedback on to the team.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

You’re asking for the one and only piece of info they cannot and should not give.
You can ask them what the future rewards are that they currently have in mind. You can ask them how they will implement the reward system. But you can’t ask them “when”.

Reason: if they say “end of December”, and it’s not good enough in December but it’s launched anyway, it all falls apart, backfires and kills what is left of the s/tPvP community. If at the end of December they say “we’re not ready, it will be February” the community explodes and people leave. Cuz they mad bro!

ETA’s don’t work, and they know it. If you want answers, ask something else.

WTB forums with more posts like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Congrats to the team that won.

I just wish devs would take even 1% of the interest they have shown in this one thread and apply it to wvw so that they stop kittening it up any more than recent changes have already.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in PvP

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Congratulations.
I’m more of a pve player but I’d like to watch pvp streams/tournaments. And I would have watched these games as well if you could make the game times more available for people and if you could remember EU people as well.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t like to swap around timezones, so why can’t someone in Anet put any GMT time there so can easily check when the tournament matches start for EU people. Annoyed that I missed the games.