Congrats to the top 3 in the Dubhe's cup!!

in PvP

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Very impressive show.

Obviously congrats to Kronos, likely the top dueler in the game (Don’t try to argue, just PM him for a duel. Literally I won’t respond to any arguments about this. Seriously, just PM him.)

But also congrats to my friends Aldix and Triggerless who also made top three.

All WvWers by the way.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

lol @ top dueler in game comment

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

Like I said, there’s no proof he’s not the best. He’s won 3/3 top tier PvP competitions.

A t s e, here’s a link. http://www.twitch.tv/blu42/b/565793082

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Top dueler? Considering the banned traits/amulets/elites/etc eliminating half of the effective builds that seems to be quite the exaggeration.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Lol @ top dueler in the game. Like Nessie said, if the players could have used anything remotely viable he probably wouldn’t have fared very well.

It was fun to watch, though.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

pu mesmer on beach wow much skill

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

Meh, like I said, anybody can challenge him to a duel. I won’t directly respond to any salty comments.

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Meh, like I said, anybody can challenge him to a duel. I won’t directly respond to any salty comments.

Running Harmonious Mantras phantasm mesmer pretty much explains it all. It involves kiting around while your phantasms whittle your opponent down. Absolutely no skill involved. I’m sorry if he’s your friend and your trying to defend him, but its 100% true.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Cause counter building makes for a good dueler?

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Running Harmonious Mantras phantasm mesmer pretty much explains it all. It involves kiting around while your phantasms whittle your opponent down. Absolutely no skill involved. I’m sorry if he’s your friend and your trying to defend him, but its 100% true.

The thing is, the people fighting Kronos weren’t even killing his phants, They just went straight for him and ignored the phants which were murdering their hp. They also let Kronos keep charging his mantra and didn’t swap out their utilities for any type of interrupt. It wasn’t Kronos’ fault that people didn’t counterbuild his spec and didn’t know how to fight it.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

I’ve got nothing to defend anybody by. Kronos has proven time and again he’s the best dueler. Without directly responding to any saltiness—

He didn’t change his build once in that entire stream, so he premeditated what would work versus the builds people would run, and it worked. While he did build to give himself an advantage, why didn’t anybody else?

He built to win; he won. Simple.

He’s won every other 1v1 tourney he’s been in, and he’s happy to duel people. I don’t need to defend him, as he can easily defend himself with any build he’s asked to run lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa…

Wait just a minute.

Hold the phone here.

Are you saying that a Mesmer, the only profession that actually has Dueling in its traits actually won a tournament of duels?

I am not actually sure I can feign enough fake surprise over that to be honest.

Oh, and just as a side comment the music in the video (and I use the term “music” only in its most broadest definition based on the cacophony of sounds that I heard between the matches) has to have been some of the worst noise to fill the gaps between matches ever heard by human beings.

Other than that, it was interesting to watch. I still cannot feign enough fake surprise at the ending but it sure will be interesting watching the next round after the “balance patch” goes through as people simply melt under the torrent of Torment stacks.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

I’ve got nothing to defend anybody by. Kronos has proven time and again he’s the best dueler. Without directly responding to any saltiness—

He didn’t change his build once in that entire stream, so he premeditated what would work versus the builds people would run, and it worked. While he did build to give himself an advantage, why didn’t anybody else?

He’s won every other 1v1 tourney he’s been in, and he’s happy to duel people. I don’t need to defend him, as he can easily defend himself with any build he’s asked to run lol.

All people are trying to say is ok fine he won, but when you come in here giving him the rep that he’s the best duelist in the game, we call that exaggeration. Sorry but that’s the simple truth to it. Had this been a no limitation anything goes and he won, sure call him the best then. Completely logical right?

Oh wait, this is probably considered “saltiness” in your book so you won’t respond.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Best dueler plays one of two duelling professions in this game. Whoa, surprise.

Prove yourself to be the best dueller with power Ranger, for instance, then we will talk

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I’ve seen Kronos duel before. I wouldn’t call him best dueler (that’s obviously me) but he’s pretty high up. And please guys, explain to me how your gonna defeat all the thieves if your playing shatter Mesmer. GJ Kronos.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

All people are trying to say is ok fine he won, but when you come in here giving him the rep that he’s the best duelist in the game, we call that exaggeration. Sorry but that’s the simple truth to it. Had this been a no limitation anything goes and he won, sure call him the best then. Completely logical right?

Oh wait, this is probably considered “saltiness” in your book so you won’t respond.

I’ll call this non salt, you know I like you, Nes. The comment and title is my own opinion. I’m telling people to duel him or beat him in a competition to change my mind.

If Mesmer would have been banned, he had three other classes he would have been happy to run, and I guarantee he would have won on two of them, most likely the third.

He’s not a streamer and he’s not a loudmouth, so there’s the reason nobody sees him on a regular basis. But if you did, you’d likely agree with me.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Why no necro’s or engineers?
Im guessing celestial was banned so rifle eng didnt want to participate, but cond necro is still rly strong 1v1; was fear banned for trait/ runes as well?

(edited by dylan.5409)

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

While duels are not entirely rock-paper-scissors the matchup plays a pretty big role in them. Also there was only like one guy which name I heard before (which might not mean too much considering I’m from EU) and almost everybody played weird builds or at least weird variations of builds.

I don’t think winning such a tournament means much if you would want to determine something like the best duelist.

EDIT: I only watched parts of it but from what I saw he tanked like every second eviscerate. :<

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

in PvP

Browrain.7346

“If Mesmer would have been banned, he had three other classes he would have been happy to run, and I guarantee he would have won on two of them, most likely the third.

He’s not a streamer and he’s not a loudmouth, so there’s the reason nobody sees him on a regular basis. But if you did, you’d likely agree with me."[/quote]

Would love to know the other 3 classes he can play along with the builds he runs with them. This should be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Can someone linked the banned traits/skills?

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Either I missed it or the stream doesn’t mention build/accessory parameters, which seems like an important oversight.
I’m guessing no “meta” builds; so no celestial eng/ele no terror necro or hambow; no settlers ammulet (which leaves out ranger duelist builds) or other bunker builds including soldiers/ or the power and healing power amulet.

(edited by dylan.5409)

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

“In order to ensure fairness and good competition across the board, Dubhe and Mistpeda have banned the following builds, utilities, etc:

Bunkers
Celestial, Clerics, Magi, Settler’s, and Soldier’s Amulets
PU Mesmers
Shadow Arts Thieves (More Than 10 Points)
Lich Form, Crate, Thieve’s Guild, and Moa"
^These were the rules on the signup site. HOWEVER, once we got in the server and ready to go, more limitations were placed on us including the no more than 2 points relocated, amulet changes, and all that other crap. So basically, it was pick a build and deal with it no matter what you fight. Very unfair considering the rules at signup mentioned none of those limitations we were told on game day. Unless I severely overlooked that part on the signup page: http://battlefy.com/mistpedi/dubhes-cup/53fb71a89a1313d10963b08b/info

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

You guys care wayyyy too much about that one duelist comment.

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

Hahaha you’re so mature. Enjoy your ban buddy. If you notice you were blocked b/c you just combat everything I say without stopping to think so yea… Sorry.

Cute though

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

I’m pretty humble but when people have to resort to low levels like this, sure I won’t be nice about it.

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

Low levels like what? Trying to chat with a supposed friend about something but only getting a wall?

Meh. Worth it. You’ve got a lot to learn if you think the way you were acting was humble.

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

I just beat kronos in the dueling server, he was on warrior, and i was on engi, i dont even main engi. so best dueler? no, didnt dodge 1 thing.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

riggity rekt /15

necro

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

I just beat kronos in the dueling server, he was on warrior, and i was on engi, i dont even main engi. so best dueler? no, didnt dodge 1 thing.

2funny cause 2sad. Easy to claim. Send a vid.

in PvP

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

“In order to ensure fairness and good competition across the board, Dubhe and Mistpeda have banned the following builds, utilities, etc:

Bunkers
Celestial, Clerics, Magi, Settler’s, and Soldier’s Amulets
PU Mesmers
Shadow Arts Thieves (More Than 10 Points)
Lich Form, Crate, Thieve’s Guild, and Moa"
^These were the rules on the signup site. HOWEVER, once we got in the server and ready to go, more limitations were placed on us including the no more than 2 points relocated, amulet changes, and all that other crap. So basically, it was pick a build and deal with it no matter what you fight. Very unfair considering the rules at signup mentioned none of those limitations we were told on game day. Unless I severely overlooked that part on the signup page: http://battlefy.com/mistpedi/dubhes-cup/53fb71a89a1313d10963b08b/info

Oh, I see why everyone is not impressed.

So many limitations only hurts the validity of the OP’s comments.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

20 people tell you otherwise and you still decide to stay so one-sided.

in PvP

Posted by: MLGKorno.5419

MLGKorno.5419

Hahaha I haven’t logged in yet and now I’m suddenly dueling in spvp games?

Actually hold on, Just saw in your sig that you’re from Sharks with Lazers. No wonder LOLOL. So I see you’re still mad because you got rolled in the TOL.

And for everyone in this thread – The topic poster made the thread to congratulate me and the other two winners and certain people had to come right in and turn it into a flame war where they directly attacked him.
I joined to pick up the money and I played it slow until it was absolutely safe to go all in. I won. I never promised clutch footage showing super skilled and adrenaline filled gameplay for viewers of the stream, so please stop arguing.

(edited by MLGKorno.5419)

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I adminned a thief duel between Lux and Chronos. Lux won. Lux is not best dueler NA. Confirmed.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

He has already put up a mental block so anything anyone says just makes him more firm on his belief that Kronos is the best.

He is probably giving Kronos a BJ as i type this the slimy asuran

(edited by Peow peow.2189)

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

This doesn’t seem like the right sub forum… but whatever. Anyway, I firstly understand that the OP is making an extreme claim, and this may not be the actual person’s thoughts. If the OP wishes to prove his point as fact, the best thing would be to post on the forums and spread word to people to vote on the best duelers they’ve come across. The names which pop up the most frequently will duel, along with Kronos if he wasn’t voted up, and thus we can give a more confident statement regarding the best dueler. Of course, this tourney would require the “No Rules” rule, as a boxer who can’t beat a below-the-belt kicking thug can’t call himself the best fighter, right? And it also isn’t like only the best duelers go into tournaments like this, so there, of course. Some simply duel for fun and don’t want to spend money or commitment on it, so it should be a very open and easy to understand tournament.

Well, that’s just my two cents on the matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

This doesn’t seem like the right sub forum… but whatever. Anyway, I firstly understand that the OP is making an extreme claim, and this may not be the actual person’s thoughts. If the OP wishes to prove his point as fact, the best thing would be to post on the forums and spread word to people to vote on the best duelers they’ve come across. The names which pop up the most frequently will duel, along with Kronos if he wasn’t voted up, and thus we can give a more confident statement regarding the best dueler. Of course, this tourney would require the “No Rules” rule, as a boxer who can’t beat a below-the-belt kicking thug can’t call himself the best fighter, right? And it also isn’t like only the best duelers go into tournaments like this, so there, of course. Some simply duel for fun and don’t want to spend money or commitment on it, so it should be a very open and easy to understand tournament.

Well, that’s just my two cents on the matter.

Nice Idea dude

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

sadly kronos is from na :/

I’m pretty sure if he joins to the 1vs1 eu servers he would get rekt.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

pu mesmer on beach wow much skill

I dnt see the PU trait here. Do you?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

The thing is, the people fighting Kronos weren’t even killing his phants, They just went straight for him and ignored the phants which were murdering their hp. They also let Kronos keep charging his mantra and didn’t swap out their utilities for any type of interrupt. It wasn’t Kronos’ fault that people didn’t counterbuild his spec and didn’t know how to fight it.

I bet you and masspilot something would beat him down (mes v mes). Best dueler for me is rylock hands down. Also Kronos uses an asura. /smh.

Im not that good but maybe i can take him on too. but it is a maybe

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I never got why people are so into dueling when it comes to team based games.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I adminned a thief duel between Lux and Chronos. Lux won. Lux is not best dueler NA. Confirmed.

Mmmmm 40gold and yes, I am definitely not the best duelist.

[SoF]

in PvP

Mbelch.9028

Yes and you didn’t fight the real guy. You know what the real one looks like, and it wasn’t him lol.

Anyways I’m over the salt guys, continue emptying your shakers.

in PvP

Posted by: MLGKorno.5419

MLGKorno.5419

First “Kronos” loses on a warrior and now he loses 40g to Lux. kitten. So, I thought the first guy was just making it up but since three people are talking about this I can’t help but wonder if someone is actually out there right now impersonating me (?? Why so mad)
All of the salt aside, I’d appreciate if someone can check “Kronos/Chronos”’s account name so I can get an idea of which fan of mine must be dedicating his time to all that.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I just saw the warrior named Chronoside in the dueling server and apparently he did lose 20g to Lux. That isn’t the same Kronos Xnm (MLGKorno) though, and I will second that I’ve just about never seen him go down.

Yeah that’s entirely possible and I’m not meaning to involve myself in the issue regardless—the duel I was referring to happened a few weeks ago and I money match players almost every other day so I don’t remember specific names, let alone distinguish between similar ones; in all likelihood it was the ‘other’ guy since he (along w/ olrun) would be the only person to really know that the duel was 20g each (so I ambiguously referenced the 40g pot).

So yeah either way I am not intending to actively participate in the discussion ankitten ot trying to perpetuate any misinformation (which is why I am posting at all right now). At the end of the day the MLGKorno won the tournament and got dusk and based on the info provided it was unlikely that I dueled him. Congratulations on your win and maybe we’ll see you around the mists more.

That being said I think you can understand where the innocent misconception came from.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

uhm…so…who are those guys? Never seen those in decent tournaments..or they only yolo 1v1?

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Did you actually take pictures of your screen?

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

(edited by Rolyate.6753)

in PvP

Browrain.7346

This got so off topic. Let’s summarize. Running a cheese phantasm spec is… cheese. GJ on using it to win a tournament, I would have too for a precursor. That being said, it involves ZERO skill and doesn’t make him anything close to a top dueler.

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

sadly kronos is from na :/

I’m pretty sure if he joins to the 1vs1 eu servers he would get rekt.

I think the same tbh

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Very impressive show.

Obviously congrats to Kronos, likely the top dueler in the game (Don’t try to argue, just PM him for a duel. Literally I won’t respond to any arguments about this. Seriously, just PM him.)

All WvWers by the way.

This whole thread was bound to start kitten and I think you actually know this. Anyways, grats to Kronos for winning. Best dueler in the game? I mean of using low risk high reward builds I guess you can say so. But I’ve never seen him run something high risk high reward on any class he’s played. I don’t really care but this thread was pointless, I know you didn’t make this thread to congratulate players but to say Kronos is the best in the game…. Because believe me this isn’t the first time I’ve seen you say this. Gets old bro.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Very impressive show.

All WvWers by the way.

You are claiming something, then you don’t want to discuss your statement.
Now you want us to speak to him in game, so he can prove that your statement to be true for you?

Even tough it has nothing to do with “how good” a player is at duelling.
The only way to measure that is by giving 2 players the exact same build.

Now you have not only disgrased his name, but also your own. Its clear that almost every reply is about how cheesy the tournaments were. And it only shows what the current ultimate cheese build is in this team based game.

Now please take it back to WvW, because it does not belong in the pvp section.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay