Congratulations to Abjured for winning WTS!

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

iirc Eu ran 2 spirit ranger in pax, not NA

I find it amusing how much kitten that comes out of your posts on these forums. You always say something that you know nothing about.

Vyndetta, Spirit Ranger
Twerp, Spirit Ranger
Zombify, Necro
Davinci, Guard
Caed, Thief

Super, Warrior
Lord Nag, Guard
Lady Nag, Thief,
Posi, Necro
Mogwow, Ranger

Please stop your ignorant posts.

ok.. you were right.. i was wrong..

Doesn’t matter, Hambow was braindead back then too. EU comp was better and cheesier cause hambow + spirit ranger.

Doesn’t help that Super (Or must EU Warriors) steals builds and calls it his own from Tarcis either.

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

They played good just didn’t rotate well enough they were dominating game 4 but lost it idk how.

Yeah I really feel they just got tired up there. And when good fighters get tired, they just try to kill ppl, but at this level it’s way more about rotation, distraction and communication. They could really use a cc-heavy profession in their comp. Being able to lock a player out of a point while you get the decap is critical at that level where everyone is rotating properly.

in PvP

Posted by: ILikeKittens.1759

ILikeKittens.1759

Toker, mains thief
Chaith, mains engi
Wakkey, mains ele/warrior (His first class was ele)
Phanta, mains ele
OEggs, mains engi

Tage, mains guard
Helseth, mains mesmer
Rom, mains warrior
Sizer, mains thief
Denshee, mains ele

They all played what they enjoyed playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

They played good just didn’t rotate well enough they were dominating game 4 but lost it idk how.

Yeah I really feel they just got tired up there. And when good fighters get tired, they just try to kill ppl, but at this level it’s way more about rotation, distraction and communication. They could really use a cc-heavy profession in their comp. Being able to lock a player out of a point while you get the decap is critical at that level where everyone is rotating properly.

Lol yeah I agree Sizer showed that good rotations and decaps are key. Sneaky thieves lol.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Man this event was legit. Tcg played excellent and gave us one hell of a fight. Also meeting tcg and the arena net staff was awesome. They are really cool and caring people.. Friends for life yo.

Hey toker reactions from game one. Im really curious to know did you guys notice the clock or just had a huge feeling of relief when you saw you won.

Yeah bro we didn’t know the clock was running out. We were so concentrated on getting a cap back that we had no idea the game was ending. Normally games never clock out to zero. It’s usually only on temple people pay attention to the clock for the buffs.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Grats boiz. Especially Chaith and Toker!

Thanks daddy ken! <3

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Man this event was legit. Tcg played excellent and gave us one hell of a fight. Also meeting tcg and the arena net staff was awesome. They are really cool and caring people.. Friends for life yo.

Hey toker reactions from game one. Im really curious to know did you guys notice the clock or just had a huge feeling of relief when you saw you won.

Yeah bro we didn’t know the clock was running out. We were so concentrated on getting a cap back that we had no idea the game was ending. Normally games never clock out to zero. It’s usually only on temple people pay attention to the clock for the buffs.

Lol so you guys were in the same boat as I’m sure 90% of the viewers. Focused on the cap and relief when the whistle blew (well relief from the NA side and a lot of swear words from EU side)

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Great matches
Horrible stream quality and technical difficulties
AMERICA
UNITED STATES OF CELESTIAL
ETC.

Congrats to Abjured

Comments like this is just double standard shenanigans. Seriously, I guess were just going to forget EU doing cheesy double Ele Soldier Amulet Cleric Amulet against Lookin Like a Cute [QT]’s Berserker Amulet comp 2 years back.

I guess EU are “heroes” when they do non-cheesy BS while NA is “behind the meta” when they’re doing non-cheesy kitten. Just so simple-minded.

Wut? When did this even occur? Also, Qt had two zerkers as far as I can recall.

Guard: Dom – Cleric
War: Hman – Berserker
Ele: Vain – Valkyrie
Necro: Khalifa – Soldier
Mesmer: SataarCoeny – Berserker (but Phantasm, so lol)

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

uh yea read first page…..nerf the class not the rune, it’s crap on other classes and barely workable on the others but op on 2 classes…so maybe nerf the class?

Sincerly, Me.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

Meh. Double cele Engi, double cele Ele, even though they played well, I just can’t respect that, I just can’t.

Was actually 2 Cele ele and 1 Cele engi other engi being rabid condi(Oeggs) and then toker on zerk S/D,

TCG had the same amount of cele i believe. Rom, Tage, and Denshee all on cele if im not mistaken.

yeah sure, another one
celestial on guardian counts
alrighty
no further comment on that

Well thats TCG’s fault for running cele guard then isnt it? no further comment on that

Read my previous post perhaps?

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

uh yea read first page…..nerf the class not the rune, it’s crap on other classes and barely workable on the others but op on 2 classes…so maybe nerf the class?

So you think a class should get nerfed because you witnessed a team that could play above and beyond what an average player could do? In fairness, NA comp was at risk because a certain class could super smash counter them. But at the end, they won because they are skilled and TCG, also very skilled, dismissed using the counter class

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Clock won..give that time counter 10k dollars already

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

Still nothing about the WTS on guildwars2.com … so much better support on this Chinese site http://arena.kongzhong.com/gw2/wts/.. not even a peep about the results or pictures/media from the event and the winners were from this region! Even this page (that says checkback after the tournament has concluded) isn’t updated: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/world-tournament-series/#results

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Clock won..give that time counter 10k dollars already

Stay salty my frand

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Toker, mains thief
Chaith, mains engi
Wakkey, mains ele/warrior (His first class was ele)
Phanta, mains ele
OEggs, mains engi

Tage, mains guard
Helseth, mains mesmer
Rom, mains warrior
Sizer, mains thief
Denshee, mains ele

They all played what they enjoyed playing.

Thing is,
NA team played on different teams before, and played on different teams before. Like phataram he didn’t play with all those people through his competitive career.

NA teams changes based on meta. Like I said, if warrior is the meta rather than engineer meta. Guess what, one of those engineers would go and be replaced by someone like Hman. Phanta use to play with supcutie, but due to Mesmer not being meta, supcutie isn’t on that team.

Game is unbalanced and this shows that.
Shows that engineers need to be toned down, don’t use stupid excuse like celestial ammy as your scapegoat, the real issue is engineers NEED toning down.

I don’t play any game and say “oh I lost that fight because he had a celestial, I KNOW I lost that fight because that engineer hasn’t been toned down appropriately yet”

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I believe that PvP is about “who cheeses best” and if that’s what GW2 goes for, I think it’s plenty fine. I have two powerful builds I can go to on my main PvP classes, and they both feel overpowered: like the best players I find in PvP. Mesmer just needs a thing that it cheeses very well.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightsurfa.3982

Nightsurfa.3982

Can’t blame Abjured, really, it was about money after all.
TCG shown that they can get up from bad streak and face cancer comp in hands of top players. Now I’m offically and fully a fan
That is if I won’t quit, which I should do, after the stream, comp, dev attitude etc, lack of content etc… goes on and on…
Too bad i’m addicted
Oh well, i guess i’ll be fan of TCG then, even if they lose

Cry harder that EU lost.

EU talks kitten about NA in almost every game that has high end competitive play, but as soon as NA wins kitten EU crys “Cheese” or “Cancer comps”

You lost because the NA team is BETTER then the EU team.

Its as simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Cele is fine becuz other classes are not that much benefited from using cele as much as ele or engi’s benefits. Just nerf ele(overall), engi(overall), mes(pu and condi) is fine. I felt there is no way to beat them in 1vs1. the only reason why mesmer isnt used in tourney is that capture point become neutral while fighting cuz mes’s stealth. but those 3 are op in dueling anyway.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Zoso.8279

IDK why people are so focused on comps I agree you have to have something that syncs but TCG didn’t lose because of comps they lost because of rotations. Game 4 was TCG’s until buffs popped then RIP took advantage of TCG not being coordinated and the rest is history. Comps aside in high tier rotation is king.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Know whats funny,

I was in multiple games yesterday, I noticed the pvp buff, wasn’t sure if the WTS tournament was going on and I asked a lot of people when the WTS is going to happen, like what day what time, etc.

Nobody had a clue about when the WTS was going to happen.

Goes to show AGAIN the marketing team for GW2 is slacking.

…. I actually wanted to see it live too.
If this game isn’t esports, if you had low twitch views less than 3k (on main twitch channel) like you always have, its not per say the streamer’s fault, this is an official GW2 tournament, its the GW2 marketing department fault.

I was looking forward to watching this tournament, but the way the marketing team of GW2 operates, I have to literally go out of my way to figure out when the dang thing happens. I even come to the forums and active member on it and I still didn’t know the exact time.

There’s a lot of slacking going on if you ask me. They need to hire some proactive managers to get those developers and marketing team start doing there jobs at the highest level possible. Not a, we gonna release a piece of crap and fix it by whoever complains type matchmaking/patch/new system, and a I’m going to send a tiny message some random place about the WTS (not gonna bother with getting more of the target market, just want whoever I have already and those who look intensely to figure out when its actually going down), after that, going to go eat me some donuts and sit back and watch some Netflix.

Annoyed that I didn’t get to see this, and I actually had time off and was able to watch this, but…. NOTHING, no communication to me about when its going down.
Was in game yesterday, saw the buff, actively was on forums yesterday, YET I didn’t see or hear or even nobody I asked knew WTS was going down.

See the pics, I asked, none of them knew, I asked in hotm as well, nobody knew.
Now I just realized reviewing those pictures angrily because I missed the WTS due to bad GW2 marketing team, that it does say WTS at top right.

Funny, I never even noticed that stuff yesterday because that’s like a spam area, nothing but a bunch of spam up there, the only thing I really pay attention to is the daily. I don’t really pay attention to that LS or spam area.

They should have sent you a mail, even that is spam area. They should have had some major thing dead smack in everyones way saying WTS and what time its going to be and where. They should have made it spam across peoples screen as they first enter into the game. They should have made a sticky on the PvP forums about it. They should have informed you on the forums and made you click an okay button to show that you know its going on before you can do anything on the forums.

So many things the marketing team could have done, but they didn’t. They didn’t ask themselves HOW BAD DO YOU WANT GW2 to be successful. Obviously by there show of how bad they want it, they didn’t want it bad enough.

I agree with this 100%. This game has the worst marketing ive ever seen, for a successful game. I had to search far and wide to find anyone that even knew about the matches going on. GW2 needs to market its PVP on sites like ign and other forums because it would attract more people to watch and to play. Its annoying that this game has SOOO much going for it and its constantly being tripped over by their own feet

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Why market a gw2 for it’s pvp, when it’s pvp is still not where it needs to be. Maybe when we have the league structure, fixed the MMR, etc etc.

Why market gw2 as esport, when we’re not ready yet. The stream was kitten, the game itself was lagging, etc. etc.

They market it for ingame players, that’s fine. No need to market outside the game yet, as it’s not ready for that yet. You want to attract players, not put them off.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Zoso.8279

^ Why market a gw2 for it’s pvp, when it’s pvp is still not where it needs to be. Maybe when we have the league structure, fixed the MMR, etc etc.

Why market gw2 as esport, when we’re not ready yet. The stream was kitten, the game itself was lagging, etc. etc.

They market it for ingame players, that’s fine. No need to market outside the game yet, as it’s not ready for that yet. You want to attract players, not put them off.

Your right about the stream and yeah they still need to fix a few thing but the finals were the saving grace. NA-EU games were quality. Very competitive. But for sure still a lot more to work at and to make better.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

ArenaNet failed from the start. They had every player involved in PvP that they could possibly want at the beginning. Their failure to promote effectively with every social media tool at their disposal has essentially cost the lively hood of GW2.

It isn’t a good sign when the competitive PvP scene of GW2 after 2 years looks as active as the PvP scene of GW1 after 10 years.

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

So you think a class should get nerfed because you witnessed a team that could play above and beyond what an average player could do? In fairness, NA comp was at risk because a certain class could super smash counter them. But at the end, they won because they are skilled and TCG, also very skilled, dismissed using the counter class

Indeed. EU needs more Necromancers.

And Necromancer needs that healing in Shroud to be able to stay in a teamfight.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Cele is fine becuz other classes are not that much benefited from using cele as much as ele or engi’s benefits. Just nerf ele(overall), engi(overall), mes(pu and condi) is fine. I felt there is no way to beat them in 1vs1. the only reason why mesmer isnt used in tourney is that capture point become neutral while fighting cuz mes’s stealth. but those 3 are op in dueling anyway.

Hello there Kitt a.k.a Mr Nerf All Buff Warrior! Your lack of understanding about mesmers and other classes(including your main beloved warrior) is always entertaining!
On topic: Congrats Abjured.
Will next tourney include courtyard and skyhammer? Please?

in PvP

butch.8136

ArenaNet failed from the start. They had every player involved in PvP that they could possibly want at the beginning. Their failure to promote effectively with every social media tool at their disposal has essentially cost the lively hood of GW2.

It isn’t a good sign when the competitive PvP scene of GW2 after 2 years looks as active as the PvP scene of GW1 after 10 years.

The marketing didn’t fail, pvp failed. We had a massive pvp population in the beginning, we just didn’t have a decent infrastructure.

But we’re getting there. :p

in PvP

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

Well, let’s see if they can best what they’ve done 10 years ago:p

When Gw1 was E-sport before E-sport

in PvP

butch.8136

^ Pff man, the nostalgia. :p

I wonder if we’ll ever be able to get a skill ceiling (team/individual) as high as in gw1.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Hello there Kitt a.k.a Mr Nerf All Buff Warrior! Your lack of understanding about mesmers and other classes(including your main beloved warrior) is always entertaining!
On topic: Congrats Abjured.
Will next tourney include courtyard and skyhammer? Please?

you are lack of understanding broken game balances. This game is hugely broken becuz of those 3 jobs and you see only those classes in world tournament as a result. BTW, I can PWN you if you run anything except above jobs.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Congraz both teams for great games! This was really esports.

BIG thanks to Jebro & Nick for finals VOD!

BIG MINUS to Anet not being able to provide english VOD by this date. You promoted this event with high profile but fail the execution miserably. Even if it was provided nobody propably could find it.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Oh my god :’( the feels

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Wow, really awesome link, didn’t realize GW1 had that kind of history. Thanks for posting.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Nice link Hugs. The world seemed like a better place 10 years ago. Better games, fewer hipsters, less noise from social media, smart phones and apps, google search more useful less greedy, people were normal…

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Has anyone got a link yet to watch the finals? This is just really poorly done if they leave it with no way to re watch it especially considering how annoying the time was for many of us. I want to see this match-up!

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

butch.8136

I think they’ll post a shoutcasted version of the finals though? (with grouch nd blu)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I want the photos of the teams

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

I just find it funny that gw2’s marketing team went on rampage pre-release with that e sport crap, when there was nothing to advertise for (literally).

And now that there is an embryo of infrastructure (ladder, ESL weekly, then monthly, quarterly wts) along with a clever learning curve (practice, play, compete) and a potentially great match making, they just keep quiet:p :p :p :p :p

I didn’t post the link for the sake of nostalgia but to highlight how professional and engaging the promotion of Gw1 was almost 10 years ago, when e sport was just an exotic Korean passion.

And I’ll be very curious to see what sort of production will come out of that wts when comparing to the Leipzig documentary:p

in PvP

Posted by: localghost.9145

localghost.9145

Very exciting games, congrats to Abjured! And very nice save from Jebro and ChroNick with the casting, great work.

I hope the locally recorded video material is uploaded soon, would be nice to watch some HD stuff. Also; the results part of WTS-page that is linked from the frontpage still says “Check back after the tournament has concluded to see the final results.”, it’s been two days since the games were played, anetpls.

Blippis Trynhatt
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Thank you all for this great experience. I hope to write more a little later, but I’m kinda busy after getting home (sorry for missing the weekly, LOL)

I would like to correct some impressions people had about this entire thing.

Firstly, a lot of people are blaming us winning based off our comp. That’s straight up insulting. Every player on our team was on a top team and absolutely dominated on their respective teams before joining the abjured. Don’t disrespect us because our mains are considered OP. There’s a good reason why, but don’t forget that a lot of impressions about what is OP came FROM US! Furthermore, we CREATED this comp and were forced to replace TWO players. With those two players (chaith and toker), we didn’t even practice as much because the rest of us were burned out by playing 3-10 hours every day.

Also, someone said I never made it to a top team and considering I absolutely dominated NA with TDM in the same style as I did with Abjured, that’s just a joke. Just because you weren’t around since release to see me destroy this game in the same style doesn’t mean I didn’t do it before. It’s not the engi, it’s more practice than you can even begin to imagine. The only other good rabid engi out there is Texbi. If you think our comp is broke, I dare you to run it and beat us with it. I WANT you to try!

Secondly, TCG had about 20x LESS practice than the Abjured did. Our “comp” REQUIRED it. You can see it in the rotations. Where every one of our players played every role, TCG played static roles.

THIRDLY, the main reason why I think that TCG lost, from my POV, was sizer not running shadowstep and consistently going far to face me. I personally didn’t scrim TCG in the hopes they wouldn’t realize that sizer needed to run shadowstep to push far vs me.

FOURTHLY, That was the best kitten week of my entire life, I was treated like a star. If putting your life on hold for a week, going to a different country, getting drunk every night and then WINNING 25,000 DOLLARS isn’t esports, I don’t know what is.

FIFTHLY, Blu and Grouch did an amazing job casting it I thought. I haven’t watched the Jebro cast yet, but it really did hurt to have the two guys who actually were invited to go cast not be able to do it live because of technical issues. It ruined the entire thing for Blu and I can’t really blame him for it. He’s a great guy and works harder for the game for less pay than ANYONE else!
I love this game! I hope to actually write something about the full experience we had in Beijing, it was the most amazing trip I could have asked for. Thanks to Everyone involved and everyone who watched it!

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Yeah. They’re taking embarrassingly long to do so, but they promised they’ll post it on YouTube at some point.

We LITERALLY just got back to the states 12 hours ago. Everyone is jetlagged as hell, be patient. Also, the English, live casted VODs that Blu received got corrupted because the power in the studio went out as he was transffering them. That’s probably the reason for the delay. He’s a guy who just got off an 18 hour long flight then woke up and casted the games that I didn’t even show up to because I passed out so hard my alarm couldn’t wake me up.

He’ll get them up soon. I also hope that the EU/NA/Ramone will get together and share the pictures we all took with the community.

Every single one of us had a blast, it felt like every one of us were brothers. Great times with all, major props to TCG, you guys played some of the best games we’ve ever had to play and I would have been proud to split the prize 50-50 JUST to be able to play those games again. It was insane.

The China Experience in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

stuff

congrats and ima let you finish, but you don’t think celestial is a tad over the top on engies and eles (srs question)?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Hurrdurr

Could you put a sock in it? There was no kind of attack on the equipment – the Chinese ISP was simply extremely limited given what everyone in the building was putting it through.

With that in mind, can you stop huffing and puffing? Maybe delete your post.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

stuff

congrats and ima let you finish, but you don’t think celestial is a tad over the top on engies and eles (srs question)?

Nah I don’t think celestial is over the top. Just an excuse people use when they get owned.
Engineers being too overpowered, ya that’s over the top.

I’m glad those who participated had fun, that the NA EU matches were good, but the other people, the IT’s and the marketing team, I don’t give them any praise, they slacked on there duties.

If I hear another excuse like ‘we weren’t able to recover the files because it was local and thus not played on our network’, man I wouldn’t know what to think about those guys then. They should know what a cloud storage is. Tired of nothing but bad things happening this week.
Duo que
WTS failure
Matchmaking failure
whats next???
something good I hope. enough failures, cant take anymore failures.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

still, this was probably the biggest, most interesting and most fun GW2 pvp event to date. it’s a big milestone and that counts for something.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Thank you all for this great experience. I hope to write more a little later, but I’m kinda busy after getting home (sorry for missing the weekly, LOL)

I would like to correct some impressions people had about this entire thing.

Firstly, a lot of people are blaming us winning based off our comp. That’s straight up insulting. Every player on our team was on a top team and absolutely dominated on their respective teams before joining the abjured. Don’t disrespect us because our mains are considered OP. There’s a good reason why, but don’t forget that a lot of impressions about what is OP came FROM US! Furthermore, we CREATED this comp and were forced to replace TWO players. With those two players (chaith and toker), we didn’t even practice as much because the rest of us were burned out by playing 3-10 hours every day.

Also, someone said I never made it to a top team and considering I absolutely dominated NA with TDM in the same style as I did with Abjured, that’s just a joke. Just because you weren’t around since release to see me destroy this game in the same style doesn’t mean I didn’t do it before. It’s not the engi, it’s more practice than you can even begin to imagine. The only other good rabid engi out there is Texbi. If you think our comp is broke, I dare you to run it and beat us with it. I WANT you to try!

Secondly, TCG had about 20x LESS practice than the Abjured did. Our “comp” REQUIRED it. You can see it in the rotations. Where every one of our players played every role, TCG played static roles.

THIRDLY, the main reason why I think that TCG lost, from my POV, was sizer not running shadowstep and consistently going far to face me. I personally didn’t scrim TCG in the hopes they wouldn’t realize that sizer needed to run shadowstep to push far vs me.

FOURTHLY, That was the best kitten week of my entire life, I was treated like a star. If putting your life on hold for a week, going to a different country, getting drunk every night and then WINNING 25,000 DOLLARS isn’t esports, I don’t know what is.

FIFTHLY, Blu and Grouch did an amazing job casting it I thought. I haven’t watched the Jebro cast yet, but it really did hurt to have the two guys who actually were invited to go cast not be able to do it live because of technical issues. It ruined the entire thing for Blu and I can’t really blame him for it. He’s a great guy and works harder for the game for less pay than ANYONE else!
I love this game! I hope to actually write something about the full experience we had in Beijing, it was the most amazing trip I could have asked for. Thanks to Everyone involved and everyone who watched it!

Well said. Would like to add that Ostrich played with high risk high reward comp back in the days when frenzy was the meta, something that EU never really did because EU relied on comp instead of mechanics.

Oh and friendly reminder that EU only started playing Warrior when Berserker Stance Cleansing Ire was introduced. Just from that kinda shows that EU was mechanically inferior anyways and that the only thing they had going is rotations and comp. People shouldn’t judge others without knowing their own flaws and other people’s history.

Pretty sad that EU can’t counter cheese the moment it’s done to them instead of them doing it.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Hurrdurr

Could you put a sock in it? There was no kind of attack on the equipment – the Chinese ISP was simply extremely limited given what everyone in the building was putting it through.

With that in mind, can you stop huffing and puffing? Maybe delete your post.

Well, if they didn’t have any issues, I wouldn’t be kittened off.
Well, if the marketing team got there message out properly I wouldn’t be kittened off.
When the marketing sends out some message to inform people, but nobody is informed, that means they did it wrong. They failed. They could’ve spent millions of $$$ on informing, but they didn’t get to the masses of people they intended for.
Even when someone who is LOOKING FORWARD to the WTS, activity participates on the forums, trying to keep up with the WTS, misses it because he wasn’t informed (me), than that marketer failed at his marketing campaign.

I’ll give you some notes mr./mrs. marketer, that spot where you put the WTS, that’s a spot people ignore. People see that spot as spam. I’m sure a lot of people are used to seeing LS bullkitten in that spot, so they don’t even look at it anymore. Be sure to jot that down for research notes. Mailing it to a person is better way to communicate. Having the person forced to open the mail and a quick message of the tournament to get there attention and you can put all that other jibberish to get them to watch like llama and gem giveaways. That’s a better way to communicate, than hiding it in the spam/ junk messages spot. I even asked people the day of, the day when the WTS happened, whats going on? Is the WTS today. NOBODY KNEW. I asked people in tpvp game, people in hotm. NOBODY KNEW. That’s how your campaign went, however amount of $$$ you spent, well NOBODY KNEW about it.

Normally you guys get what, under 3k viewers on main twitch stream. That’s not esports material, not even having the twitch up because ddos attack is worse.

If they didn’t get ddos attack then whoever instigated that idea riled me up. Still unacceptable to not have the main twitch be down to such nonsense.

I imagine that the actual site the WTS was a success, but the online, the E part of the #esports, failed horribly, or so it seems just by looking at FACTS and CLAIMS.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

stuff

Nah I don’t think celestial is over the top. Just an excuse people use when they get owned.
Engineers being too overpowered, ya that’s over the top.

I’m glad those who participated had fun, that the NA EU matches were good, but the other people, the IT’s and the marketing team, I don’t give them any praise, they slacked on there duties.

If I hear another excuse like ‘we weren’t able to recover the files because it was local and thus not played on our network’, man I wouldn’t know what to think about those guys then. They should know what a cloud storage is. Tired of nothing but bad things happening this week.
Duo que
WTS failure
Matchmaking failure
whats next???
something good I hope. enough failures, cant take anymore failures.

I think OE uses rabid. I don’t think engines are OP and it seems like a lions share of engies in NA run turret build

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

My frand Chaith! Welcome back to NA! Could you please upload pictures of the photoshoot! Thanks in advance!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Lowest Animal.8014

Lowest Animal.8014

I’ve never seen someone say so little with so much wall-o-text bullkitten than uberkingkong. Congratulations I guess.