Constantly matched up with high ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: vvega.4638

vvega.4638

Hiya,

Ive been playing PvP for about 2-3 weeks now, 2 hours a day average i’d say. Im not even rank 30 and im often matched up against shark and phoenix ranks… Why is this? I’d say im decent for my rank but im not as good as most higher ranks i think.

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Cause rank means nothing and many people farmed it in hotjoin and so are still not very good. Also because there’s like 20 people queuing at any one point so the matchmaking just does the best it can.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Cause rank means nothing and many people farmed it in hotjoin and so are still not very good.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

“Rank means nothing” – the OP is referring to matchmaking, and according to the official wiki’s PvP matchmaking page (written by an ArenaNet PvP dev) rank is actually factored in when setting up matches:

Scoring/Rank/@distance Score added or removed based on the distance between the potential roster’s average rank and the average rank of all selected rosters, including both teams.

However, rank is just one part of matchmaking. The real question shouldn’t be “why do I fight high rank players even though I’m a much lower rank?” but rather, “why am I fighting alongside rabbit and deer rank PUGs against full premades of rank 70-80 players?”

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Rank/Leaderboard points/PvP experience points should not be averaged when determining if teams are balanced.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Yeah but isn’t it halarious when a mighty dragon rank gets trampled by a dolyak? I laugh every tiem.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Yeah but isn’t it halarious when a mighty dragon rank gets trampled by a dolyak? I laugh every tiem.

Not really. A large majority of players got their Dragon ranks through the old Skyfarm.

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

I do that quite often, am a old player that never realy got into sPvP, only now i started after a 2 year break.

I get the same situacion has the OP, a r28 constatly being matched with r80 players…

Ain’t rare for me to get top score or top 3

My team is usualy me and very rarely a rank bellow mine, the rest is r80 players

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Yeah Matchmaking has been getting worst and worst makes me wanna stop playing for another 6 months

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Can people finally stop saying how rank means nothing? Obviously it’s an indicator of experience, it’s not really a good one, but if someone who plays pvp for two weeks tells you he’s been matched with r80’s, it’s not okay either.

in PvP

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

The rank means nothing is pure bull. The main reason you keep getting matched up with higher ranked and more skilled players is because nobody does Spvp. In essence you can have the best match making system ever invented but if only 30 people are queueing it’s pure meaningless.

The largest problem facing pvp is it’s vicious cycle right now, nobody does it because match making sucks. Match making sucks because nobody does it.

Anet tried to convince people to pvp with lamas but honestly that was a super stupid idea. The new expansion looming SPvP and WvW has taken a massive backburner. It’s so far out of the devs minds it won’t get fixed, like ever.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Can people finally stop saying how rank means nothing? Obviously it’s an indicator of experience, it’s not really a good one, but if someone who plays pvp for two weeks tells you he’s been matched with r80’s, it’s not okay either.

That’s why there should be an indicator upon the number of matchs won. Maybe, through titles like 25 wins/100/200/400/650/1000/1500/2300/….

People with a lot of experience might die in a 1v1, but they usually do know how to play on a capture point. I thought i experienced all form of jokes in pvp, but my last games were better than anything :
- we manage to cap 2 points and get back on 300-300, until 3 of my teammates decide to attack the gate and push to the lord at that score
- 2 guys on forest are going to chieftain to prevent them from killing and winning. They down the player, and go away. That player manages to finish chieftain and they win the match
- opponents having an enginner sitting far all game, and our ranger keeps going there 1v1 over and over, although he didn’t kill him once

I could quote many things, but actually this isn’t really fun at the end of the day

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.