Consume Conditions Change is Absurd

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

For the following reasons.

1) You didn’t increase build diversity by nerfing this. No one is going to use the 3 useless heal skills necros have until you buff them. The minion doesn’t stay alive, doesn’t attack, and doesn’t heal for that much (Good mms take CC). The well got a fat nerf to healing power scaling and has a massive cooldown requiring you to trait to make it remotely effective. Signet of Vampirism can be counterplayed far to easily by dodging the long animation, dodging/invuln when you get hit by it, or leaving the fight when you get hit by it. It’s passive also sucks in comparison to other classes signet heals. Basically, this has been necros only heal skill for a while, and it will remain this way

2) Consume conditions already had ample counterplay in the huge cast time, and relatively long CD. Now it has more because of the even longer CD, and the burst necros will be vulnerable to after using it. I don’t understand how you can nerf this, while withdraw, and shelter which have very little actual counterplay didn’t get touched.

3) The only builds that will take the CD reduction are PVE builds. Anyone who wants to have any impact on fights needs terror or POC in their build. The 8 aoe might stacks for 8 second, which should be for 15 seconds btw, and 27 second corrupt boon would be great, but without terror or POC you simply will never kill someone. It seems like you nerfed this skill just so people have to consider taking the corruption trait. People should want to take traits because they are good traits, not because they are necessary to make the classes skills useable.

Overall, this has been a very bad change, something that nerfs pretty much every necro build, and introduces no diversity. Along with that it is a direct nerf to a class that has sparsely been meta in pvp and didn’t need any nerfs, especially not to it’s very highly telegraphed heal skill.

PS: For real on blood is power, the might should be at least 12 seconds. It’s a way weaker version of empower, and no where close to the basic might stacking potential of eles and wars.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

(edited by zapv.8051)

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

1) “Mwahahaha, Now you have to use a bad heal skill! We win!” -Devs
2) I guess that because we have new siphon traits, they needed to take the survivability from everything else?
3) Bonus points on the Master of Corruption, you apply even more conditions to yourself and your own condition buffing stats make it even worse. You could even fear yourself after healing XD

Honestly, the only reason for these nerfs was to compensate for all the buffs every other profession got. Well, that’s all I can think of, anyways.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

They should at least rename it to save some face. “Consume conditions … but apply some to yourself.” Where are their heads? Somewhere below the waist obviously.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

You think that is absurd? Look at this…

Elementalist

Fire:
Minor:
Burning Precision: Critical hits have a 33% chance to cause 2 seconds of burning. Burning duration is increased by 20%.

Necromancer

Grandmaster:

Dhuumfire: Shroud skill 1 inflicts 1 stack of burning for 3 seconds when it hits.

They actually gave the original Dhuumfire (plus a buff) to eles as a Minor.

Compare that to the Necro trait that they call a “Grandmaster” which also requires LF and slow projectile to hit.

That, my friend, is the epitome of “absurd”.

in PvP

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I think a single dev is probably obsessed with the whole sacrifice mechanics from GW1 and wanted to see it have more play in GW2 along with condi transfers (which lock you into specific weapons/utilities/traits – goodbye diversity) nor are any of the skills even remotely powerful enough to warrant having a negative effect when other classes get superior options on lower cooldowns with 0 negative effects . ~_~

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You think that is absurd? Look at this…

Elementalist

Fire:
Minor:
Burning Precision: Critical hits have a 33% chance to cause 2 seconds of burning. Burning duration is increased by 20%.

Necromancer

Grandmaster:

Dhuumfire: Shroud skill 1 inflicts 1 stack of burning for 3 seconds when it hits.

They actually gave the original Dhuumfire (plus a buff) to eles as a Minor.

Compare that to the Necro trait that they call a “Grandmaster” which also requires LF and slow projectile to hit.

That, my friend, is the epitome of “absurd”.

lol you couldnt make it up could you.

Also plague form now kills you. You cant cleanse condis in plague and the bleed stacks will tick up and kill you. If you need to kill yourself for whatever reason just pop into plague form and die. So we have:

0 good elites
0 good heals

Not a great start for a class.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I think a single dev is probably obsessed with the whole sacrifice mechanics from GW1 and wanted to see it have more play in GW2 along with condi transfers (which lock you into specific weapons/utilities/traits – goodbye diversity) nor are any of the skills even remotely powerful enough to warrant having a negative effect when other classes get superior options on lower cooldowns with 0 negative effects . ~_~

That’s kind of how I feel to be honest. Most of the other classes only got good things, very few nerfs anywhere, and a ton of buffs. Then I look at necros, for every buff their was a similar nerf. Also, doesn’t matter how good the traits are it won’t fix necros weapons. Axe 1 and 2 are terrible, until that changes no one will run it in pve, or pvp. Dagger has one dps skill and 2 relatively weak sustain skills (due to CDs and cast times not effects), it needs to have more of an identity. Scepter 3 needs to apply a condition because scepter will never be a power weapon without a complete redesign. Focus 5 has an awful cast time, and focus 4 needs to give an offensive buff to go with the vuln. To top it all off, necro weapon skills have a grand total of 2 finishers, and one combo field. If Life blast doesn’t deserve a 100% projectile finisher, no other skill in the game does.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

That’s kind of how I feel to be honest. Most of the other classes only got good things, very few nerfs anywhere, and a ton of buffs. Then I look at necros, for every buff their was a similar nerf. Also, doesn’t matter how good the traits are it won’t fix necros weapons. Axe 1 and 2 are terrible, until that changes no one will run it in pve, or pvp. Dagger has one dps skill and 2 relatively weak sustain skills (due to CDs and cast times not effects), it needs to have more of an identity. Scepter 3 needs to apply a condition because scepter will never be a power weapon without a complete redesign. Focus 5 has an awful cast time, and focus 4 needs to give an offensive buff to go with the vuln. To top it all off, necro weapon skills have a grand total of 2 finishers, and one combo field. If Life blast doesn’t deserve a 100% projectile finisher, no other skill in the game does.

We lost mate. I remember saying to my friends 1 year ago that the only hope for them to fix the massive necro issues was an expansion. Well unfortunately we didnt get any fixes. 3 more years of being terrible!

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Well of blood was randomly and severely nerfed recently for no reason. Why nerf Consume conditions?

Random nerfs over time (mark of blood, dagger 5, staff 4,terror, etc) to balance dhumfire(which was then hotfix nerfed- rando fix on minion ai would be great) and unknown reasons have hurt this class severely. These changes never get reverted.

This and other changes really points to one conclusion.
The game designers are NEW. revolving door? People playing since beta no about all the patchs…but do the game designers?

I like some changes, but there are too many changes that leave me saying “what” out loud.

ps remeber when moe dodge roll was a finisher. miss cool things.

(edited by Login.5102)

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

For a closing for the class it shall be….Rust In Pieces

RIP

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

That comparrison to burning damage is the epitome of kittening bias by Anet. Anet your faces were just rubbed in it, and you have once again shown your overwhelming bias to certain classes. Ha hahahah.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

That comparrison to burning damage is the epitome of kittening bias by Anet. Anet your faces were just rubbed in it, and you have once again shown your overwhelming bias to certain classes. Ha hahahah.

It’s not comparable since, you know, they changed how burning functions entirely.

If it said 4 stacks of burning for 4 seconds it might be the same, but it’s not even close.

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Time to take Plague Signet
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plague_Signet

into consideration for any build that uses curruptions and Master of Corruption. The cooldown of the signet will be reduced to 30 seconds. So you can heal yourself (and apply conditions to you), Corrupt Boon (and apply conditions to you) and send all that stuff immediately to your opponent.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The ease at which the ele can out burning in you compared to the necro which needs more condi dmg is just terrible. Necro got punched in the faceso many times.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Yup , Plague Signet will be uber strong post-patch.

Traited, CD will be 24 seconds. 24 seconds for an instant 5 condi revert, plus the additionnal one with the trait. Its kinda a nice buff tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

Traited, CD will be 24 seconds. 24 seconds for an instant 5 condi revert, plus the additionnal one with the trait. Its kinda a nice buff tbh.

Blowing one of your stunbreaks to transfer 4 seconds of vulnerability and whatever random kitten condition they decide to add to it. Brilliant strategy.

The change to Consume Conditions isn’t anywhere close to a buff. Either you take Master of Corruption, get the 10s recharge, and lose out on PoC or Terror. Or you don’t, and now the cooldown got nerfed 5 seconds while giving10 stacks vulnerability for 4 seconds. Using any condition transfer for this a terrible idea let alone blowing a stunbreak.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Ashur.6403)

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Blowing one of your stunbreaks to transfer 4 seconds of vulnerability and whatever random kitten condition they decide to add to it. Brilliant strategy.

I don’t know what world you live in, but the change to Consume Conditions wasn’t on the same planet as planet buff. Either you take Master of Corruption, get the 10s recharge, and lose out on PoC or Terror. Or you don’t and now it got nerfed 5 seconds and gives10 stacks vulnerability for 4 seconds that using a condition transfer for is a terrible idea.

There’s now way i’ll use plague for reverting Vulnerabilty. And I never ever said that this buff can balance CC’s nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

Sorry, I thought you were saying that Consume Conditions was buffed when using Master of Corruption because you could use Plague Signet to transfer the extra conditions. Traited Plague Signet does look decent. The only problem with it is the weird invisible projectile bug.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Who said that?

The new Signet will be a very useful condition mangement tool, a stunbreak and even party support at a 30 second cooldown.

I don’t care about 10 stack vulnerability for 4 (FOUR!) seconds. No idea why people get mad for that. When traiting into curses I get 5 seconds of weakness every 10 seconds and aoe weakness everytime I go into DS.

In addition I can now transfer and corrupt conditions every few seconds (Plague Signet, Staff 4, Corrupt Boon, Plague Sending etc.). Every enemy that puts a condition on me, will bitterly regret it immediately.

You can build a necro, that is basicly not just immune to conditions but can even transfer them back and you complain about 4 seconds vulnerability.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Who said that?

The new Signet will be a very useful condition mangement tool, a stunbreak and even party support at a 30 second cooldown.

I don’t care about 10 stack vulnerability for 4 (FOUR!) seconds. No idea why people get mad for that. When traiting into curses I get 5 seconds of weakness every 10 seconds and aoe weakness everytime I go into DS.

In addition I can now transfer and corrupt conditions every few seconds (Plague Signet, Staff 4, Corrupt Boon, Plague Sending etc.). Every enemy that puts a condition on me, will bitterly regret it immediately.

You can build a necro, that is basicly not just immune to conditions but can even transfer them back and you complain about 4 seconds vulnerability.

some people just can’t accept new playstyles. you also forgot OH dagger condi transfer.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Not a good change

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Yeah the 4 seconds vulnerability are annoying but the 5 second cooldown increase is far worse. It is essentally a big nerf to all necro builds that dont run the corruption trait and i am not convinced that the buff from the the trait revamp will outweight that.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I just love that they decided to nerd Consume Conditions before making Blood Fiend and SoV not suck with all their might.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Login.5102

Who said that?

some people just can’t accept new playstyles. you also forgot OH dagger condi transfer.

Yeah, lets look at the big picture guys.

Consume conditions will be good if traited for and using condi transfers(a pigeon holed condi build, which probably will be decent) .

What about other builds?

Say i want to run some zerk necro….now consume conditions is not available as often and could potentially kill me.

Good thing i have SoV, and blood fiend and the new 5 second WoB as alternatives.

See it? see it yet?

(edited by Login.5102)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

No one’s going to use the trait to reduce Corruption cooldowns by 33% (and add MORE self harm when you heal) over both Terror and Path of Corruption… It’s just not going to happen… They took a short cut to Worthlesstown with Consume Conditions…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Login.5102

Yuuup, Forgot about that trait placement.

!zlpecafehtniemtoohs

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I really like how they announced necro’s don’t need speed or gap closers because reaper’s are going to basically be masters of chill and then a few weeks later they announce that chill will no longer affect movement skills…

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

For the following reasons.

1) You didn’t increase build diversity by nerfing this. No one is going to use the 3 useless heal skills necros have until you buff them. The minion doesn’t stay alive, doesn’t attack, and doesn’t heal for that much (Good mms take CC). The well got a fat nerf to healing power scaling and has a massive cooldown requiring you to trait to make it remotely effective. Signet of Vampirism can be counterplayed far to easily by dodging the long animation, dodging/invuln when you get hit by it, or leaving the fight when you get hit by it. It’s passive also sucks in comparison to other classes signet heals. Basically, this has been necros only heal skill for a while, and it will remain this way

2) Consume conditions already had ample counterplay in the huge cast time, and relatively long CD. Now it has more because of the even longer CD, and the burst necros will be vulnerable to after using it. I don’t understand how you can nerf this, while withdraw, and shelter which have very little actual counterplay didn’t get touched.

3) The only builds that will take the CD reduction are PVE builds. Anyone who wants to have any impact on fights needs terror or POC in their build. The 8 aoe might stacks for 8 second, which should be for 15 seconds btw, and 27 second corrupt boon would be great, but without terror or POC you simply will never kill someone. It seems like you nerfed this skill just so people have to consider taking the corruption trait. People should want to take traits because they are good traits, not because they are necessary to make the classes skills useable.

Overall, this has been a very bad change, something that nerfs pretty much every necro build, and introduces no diversity. Along with that it is a direct nerf to a class that has sparsely been meta in pvp and didn’t need any nerfs, especially not to it’s very highly telegraphed heal skill.

PS: For real on blood is power, the might should be at least 12 seconds. It’s a way weaker version of empower, and no where close to the basic might stacking potential of eles and wars.

First of all, I too think that the nerf was completely unwarranted, especially since the reduced CD on corruption-skills will most likely not be picked over Terror or path of Corruption, 2 of the most important traits for many necro-builds.

1) I actually think the well and the signet might be the better choice now, can’t tell for sure though, since so many changes happened that I’d have to try it out first.

2) True. I don’t see the reason behind it either…. Also, Interrupts got way better and Necro is one of the few classes that actually use interruptable heal-skills. Mesmer will now at least have almost perma-stealth to cast it. ^^’

3) Also true; i think they need to put the trait for the reduction at adept-level. It also is very weird that some classes get the 33% reduced recast AND another bonus (like Ele get 33% reduced fire-skills AND 10% dmg while in fire – Necro gets 33% reduced CD and a drawback. Yes, you can send the condis to enemies, but it’s too situational to consider it a buff, especially on some skills like the plague-form.

Another point I wanted to add concerns the Signet: The Signet’s work as very strong passives on classes that also have other means of healing up, like Shoutow and Ele. We’d have to see how strong stuff like the life-leech, healing in shroud etc. will be. Another way would be to stack LF a bit easier; there are ways to do it, but will the strong builds have access to it? Also, does the signet-passive also heal in Shroud?

Nonetheless, I’m really excited to toy around with the Necro, since there are so many weird synergies I wanna try out that could maybe work. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Welcome to the life of a ranger, where their rationale for making people choose a garbage weapon is to make the one good weapon they have closer to garbage.

They did this with shortbow vs. longbow. They nerfed the shorbow, from the firing rate, to the range, because they thought it would make the longbow a more attractive option.

Until they realized more than a year later that this doesn’t work, and they had to actually buff longbow to make people want to use it.

Meanwhile, shortbow for ranger is now pretty garbage. As a condition weapon it quite honestly gets outdone by axe/dagger, which has more condition coverage and is not reliant on flanking for output.

And condi ranger has always been a weak spec because it’s just a kitten engineer or necro that can’t aoe/cleave conditions like a necro or engineer can.

It doesn’t help they announced these changes a week before they go live, so this guarantees that consume conditions will go live in its nerfed state since a week before a patch is deployed, the build is already locked in for release.

P.S. No PvE necro will ever take corruption cd trait, please don’t spread misinformation. Why in hell would they, corruptions suck for damage and PvE is all about damage. Blood is power is garbage, 8 stacks of might for 8 seconds, when a lone Phalanx Strength warrior can give a group 20+ stacks of might indefinitely assuming the ele isn’t also granting 12 stacks of might via his weaponskills.

PvE necros use well of corruption and well of suffering in addition to the power signet, that’s it.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yeps, i’ll be switching to the dam Well,
i already use wells in my power build, but the well heal isn’t very good, still its a lot better than the new “Inflict Conditions”

oh no! low on health! better give myself 10 stacks of vulnerability…

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

This change kills basically 95% of necro builds lol

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

The only thing that sticks in my mind.

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: HaseKent.1843

HaseKent.1843

I know someone will say, oh ya we have Plague Signet, we can transfer those conditions after using CC, but how many utilities slot you have?
I believe you will want to carry some better skills in that slot instead of wasting that slot for Plague signet just to counter your CC vul or whatever conditions right?

its like “Taking off your pants just to fart”.

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

I know someone will say, oh ya we have Plague Signet, we can transfer those conditions after using CC, but how many utilities slot you have?
I believe you will want to carry some better skills in that slot instead of wasting that slot for Plague signet just to counter your CC vul or whatever conditions right?

its like “Taking off your pants just to fart”.

With plague signet becoming a 24 second stunbreak that transfers 5 conditions, corrupts 2 boons, and gives might (when traited) I think it’ll be a solid utility choice. Wasting it for the heal though is dumb as hell, please revert CoCo.