in PvP

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I main Celengi in PvE and WvW, I miss it in PvP. ;c

Controversial, Celestial back with PoF

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

The problem of the Celestial was not (only) the overall amount of Stats, the problem was that different classes was able to maximize themselves in both survavibility and damage becoming unkillable. Whyle who was unable to do that was totally kept away from the meta. If you wasn’t able to spam Might, Protection and/or Regeneration you was off the meta, no matter what.

Also Everyone will turn back to Celestial if possible, without exeption. That amulet was too good and every class will make bunker/hybrid build with it just because it’s too good.

Add back the Celestial amulet will only delet our DPS/Burst meta and turn back to the Bunker meta.
The bunker meta was seriously Boring.

Everyone think that it was better than now, but it wasn’t.

Be more skilled to kill someone? NO.
If the enemy was an ele or a decapper engi you had to be in 3 to kill him and the fight was of 3+ minutes. I don’t think that something like that was called “Skills”, even because any decent player was able to play a ele and last for Minutes before die, even against 3 players.
I seen different times when two eles found themselves fight in 1v1, then stop fighting and just stay in on the point doing nothing because there was not a single way one of them was able to kill the other one.
Is that what you mean for “more skilled”?

The Bunker Meta was funny but also Boring as hell.
We asked for years to change the meta and now you want to have it back?

If you don’t think that in the actual meta you need skills to win there’s something wrong and you’re a incredible Pro or a N00b.
Timing for burst or for active a defensive skill, Disengage, Positioning, Teamwork, there’s a Lot of things you need to do to kill the enemy.
I find out that to survive and be a good player in this meta you need to be seriously Better if compared to the Celestial meta.

Celstial is too good because grant ALL the statistics. And that make you Stronger than if you have 3 stat maxed.

Do you remember the Mercenary amulet and how much everyone cryed because was “too strong”?
It was strong not for the overall amount of statistics but because granted both Vitality and Toughness. That granted a more equilibrated and then Better defence.
Reduce the amount of weak spot is the best thing you can do in a game like that because you can just spam might and fury and you’ll be strong as if you use a Berserker amulet, with all the defence of a Celestial user.

I don’t want the Bunekr meta back and add the Celestial will only make EVERYONE use it.
It’s too strong, grant too much, cover all the weakness of different classes and make them insanely strong and force the gameplay into a Bunker meta.

Eles disperatly want it back only because they was insanely OP with it and was able to be Unkillable and spam out so much damage that was stronger than a Berserker user (seriously).
I don’t want to have to bunker meta back only to make a class happy. the ele is still the top meta and make teams win by himself. No need to grant him to be OP again.

Don’t add Celestial back, Pleas NO.

All fines and dandy but ignores the core problem, I started playing GW2 PVP because of diversity, with the removal of Celestial D/D Ele disappeared completely, I never enjoyed the healbot, S/F only playable damage build but you have to make 3 times more work then a Warrior or Revenant to deal the same damage and smallest mistake and you will die.

I don’t expect D/D to best spec, I just want it to playable, without vitality/toughness/healing DD ele just dies with its paper armor, pathetic health pool just from random crap on the node.

S/F just survives because it does not have to be on the node.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I disagree with the fact that 1 amulet can do it all… high skill factor or not. Besides, this was only true for 3 classes so the amulet was very much unbalanced across all the professions.

If you want to have the Devs pull their hair out again, add Cele amulet back but tbh, no one is truly asking for Cele amy back, they are wanting d/d ele back. A huge difference.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Lilyanna.9361

Lilyanna.9361

How the hell could you bring D/D ele back?
The only thing I can see to it is like..a might build to make the burst damage spike incredible, but after the burst, you would constantly have to rotate out of fire until cooldowns reset in order to start back up again.
And there’s not really a good amulet to pair up with what you want to achieve.

Rune of Strength?
Rune of Hoelbrek?
Rune of Herald (For more boon duration aka might, protection on heal, and an added bit of toughness)

With maybe sage or even mender’s?

All the choices to try and make d/d ele even somewhat optimal is so awkward and lacking in one key department, I don’t think it is even worth it to try and bring the build back until Weaver comes up.

At least Weaver can cover over what Tempest could not after the Celestial removal.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

I disagree with the fact that 1 amulet can do it all… high skill factor or not. Besides, this was only true for 3 classes so the amulet was very much unbalanced across all the professions.

If you want to have the Devs pull their hair out again, add Cele amulet back but tbh, no one is truly asking for Cele amy back, they are wanting d/d ele back. A huge difference.

i am actually asking for the celestial amulet, not the d/d ele. it opens up an interesting playstyle of min/maxing damage, buffs and sustain/support. while i did love to play d/d ele and have invested close to 3000 matches on it i don’t think it will ever come back, not even with celestial. it just doesn’t stand a chance against elite spec bruisers, and most likely doesn’t even have enough condi cleanse for today’s meta.

i see a lot of potential for celestial builds in some of the new bruiserish elite specs (and a lot of counterplay too, hence the thread), and would prefer not to be limited by only mender and sage.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)